Hi everyone. I've been reading this site thoroughly the last month while debating between a C8, C9 or Samsung. Got the C8 on an excellent deal and have been blown away with this being my first 4K TV.
I'm curious about connection setups preferences within the community. I bundled my C8 with an SK10Y sound bar. Currently, I have them connected via ARC with an Apple 4K TV connected directly to the sound bar and an XBox One X directly to the TV. My reasoning:
• I don't want to lose input lag on the video games, hence the XBox and C8 marriage.
• I noticed a slight lip sync inconsistency when connecting the Apple TV directly to the C8 and then playing the sound bar through Arc.
• Regular content, such as streaming via PS Vue, sounds better with the Apple TV connected directly to the sound bar.
• Dolby Vision and 4K pass through seems to work fine on the sound bar.
• In all, it feels like sound loses something when traveling via ARC passthrough but the picture quality does not.
To be honest, I kind of prefer the TV speakers. It has enough punch, but an Atmos movie definitely makes a difference with the bar. Again, curious of the community thoughts and anything you think I should try.
BTW, the TV came with firmware 4.10.15. Sounds like I lucked out with that.