AVS Forum Special Member
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4410 Post(s)
- old default was "High" in HDR and "off" in SDR. Menu offers Off/Low/Medium/High
- "off" eliminates the colour volume distortion altogether at the expense of peak luminance.
- same setting is in 2018 sets in Service Menu, called "Module HDR"
- could not turn "off" before and keep PQ tracking because, if you did you could not adjust the tone-curve to still track PQ. But now with custom tone-curves that problem can be worked-around.
- can draw up to 10 boxes, 10bit RGB full range triplets. SDR, HDR, dolby vision
- up to 4 horizontal or vertical gradiants. Start value, and then step-size in pixels
- includes the "rounding errors" that you would get if it was an external pattern generator
- the T-Con (converts to light) has a 10-bit input but a higher bit / accuracy output on the analogue light side than before (number of bits unspecified)
- Fine control over the de-saturation which happens above the 0-300 nit range (which is caused by the White SubPixel)
|24p , black deformity , brighter corner , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar|