2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 608 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 78885Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #18211 of 19306 Old 06-16-2019, 09:59 AM
Senior Member
 
bryantc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Last I checked Autocal was still buggy and was not recommended for professional calibrations.
Glenee likes this.

Media: LG 77" OLED 4K C8 / Denon AVR-X8500H 7.1.4 / Oppo UDP-203 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / Sony 4K FMP-X10 / Gaming PC (Threadripper 1950X / 2x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI) / PlayStation 4 Pro with PS VR / PlayStation (original) - Family: Sony 85" 4K XBR-85X900F / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / C64 Mini - Game: Hisense 55" 4K 55H8C / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K
bryantc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18212 of 19306 Old 06-16-2019, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 14,608
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3250 Post(s)
Liked: 2316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Tipa View Post
Finally, someone with expertise knocking some sense into the fools on this thread
Careful. We’re here to help where we can, not insult each other.
mrtickleuk likes this.
Otto Pylot is offline  
post #18213 of 19306 Old 06-16-2019, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rdgcss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Salisbury,NC
Posts: 1,310
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
anything in Dolby Vision also has an hdr10 grade for non Dolby Vision tvs. for 4k Blu rays, hdr10 is the base layer which is a requirement on disc's. no requirement for streams. last I heard, the grades Netflix uses are separate. if you have a DV TV, Netflix sends you the DV version. if you have an hdr10 only tv, they send you the hdr10 version. Again, Netflix DV does not have an hdr10 baselayer like disc's, probably to save bandwidth.
My Roku Ultra doesn’t support Dolby Vision. When I pay Netflix 4K with DV content the C8 shows HDR in the top corner for a few seconds.
rdgcss is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18214 of 19306 Old 06-16-2019, 09:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Today is a year I’ve had my C8.
It has about 350 hours on it. I’ve not noticed any banding or burn in.
Would you advise a manual pixel refresher even tho it hasn’t reached the rec 1000 hr usage mark and is not currently giving me any issues?
Julez23 is online now  
post #18215 of 19306 Old 06-16-2019, 09:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,191
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2899 Post(s)
Liked: 3472
^if you have no issues, no need to run it...just enjoy it!
calfcramp likes this.
Cam1977 is offline  
post #18216 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 12:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bigmoviefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,484
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post
I concur with drewTT! I finally have the OLED I have wanted for years for my "dark Man Cave." I had a Sony LCD/LED for almost three years in there but I was always bothered by the distracting "light bleed" into the letter-boxed bars and the "halos" around bright objects with a black background. Those problems are a thing of the past! So, I not only "can go wrong" with an LCD display; I "did go wrong" with an LCD display!

You might be thinking, "Why did you get an LCD then?" Ah, because the price of a 77" OLED was in the stratosphere back in 2016. Now they are quite reasonable.
Same reason I had a 75” Sony LCD (same model as yours) much more reasonable price than 77” OLED which at the time were at $20k or so.
djoberg and Cam1977 like this.
Bigmoviefan is offline  
post #18217 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 03:41 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Careful. We’re here to help where we can, not insult each other.
You're right and I apologise for my poor choice of words. No insult intended.
Paul Tipa is offline  
post #18218 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,012
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6401 Post(s)
Liked: 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_42 View Post
New update with my faulty E8. It has now been 3 months trying to get some kind of solution with LG. The issue started with an extremely darknpicture, which they attempted tonrepair twice. No fixes and new issues developed. Thursday night though, I went from having a dark picture to now having no picture at all, only audio. Switching sources does nothing, using the apps is a no go, I csnt even get the tv to display the picture settings menu anymore, just a black screen. Yet LG continues to go "there is nothing wrong with it" and refuses to replace it. I spent $3000 on this and it is a Whole 5 months old and this is the service they give with their warranty. Now I basically have to wait until Dec with no tv so I can make a claim with Visa insurance to get them to replace it.
So let me get this straight you have no picture and only audio and the TV is deemed ok? You need to keep on calling LG and start calling your dealer, sure your return policy is up but your dealer should be pressuring LG. Your dealer should be there to do more then sell you some stuff, if that is the type of dealer you bought from you may not want to go that route again.

---So I would go right to the top, email The executives thru the link <<< Click Here >>> Ihope you email these people and get resolution, I bet you will. When you do, keep us posted
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #18219 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
djoberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Central Minnesota
Posts: 6,406
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 1917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez23 View Post
Today is a year I’ve had my C8.
It has about 350 hours on it.
Whoa! I've only had my display for going on 3 months and I dare say I have a good 300 hours on it! The days that I'm home (and not traveling) I probably average 4-5 hours a day.

At the rate you're going your display should last you a VERY LONG TIME!
mrtickleuk likes this.

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...LG UHD UBK90 (Dolby Vision BDP)...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs

Last edited by djoberg; 06-17-2019 at 05:05 PM.
djoberg is online now  
post #18220 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 08:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamd View Post
I said the info was on the forum and also potential risks...
I agree. Some people on this forum are so abrasive.........

Kim
[email protected] is online now  
post #18221 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 08:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbro2 View Post
I use an Panasonic UB9000/9004 watching Netflix. I disabled DV. This means only static HDR remains. This is also shown in the top right corner of the tv.
Just an FYI if you use Netflix on the LG smart home app you can watch it in Dolby Vision. You should see an upgrade in the picture. Unfortunately I think netflix atmos is only supported on Apple tv 4k and xbox one x. Xbox one x turns on the hdr all of the time on netflix whether it is in hdr or not.
Kim

Kim
[email protected] is online now  
post #18222 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 09:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbro2 View Post
I use an Panasonic UB9000/9004 watching Netflix. I disabled DV. This means only static HDR remains. This is also shown in the top right corner of the tv.
Just an FYI if you use Netflix on the LG smart home app you can watch it in Dolby Vision. You should see an upgrade in the picture. Unfortunately I think netflix atmos is only supported on Apple tv 4k and xbox one x. Xbox one x turns on the hdr all of the time on netflix whether it is in hdr or not.
Kim
Atmos is supported on LG OLEDs (2017 and newer).

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066
Kpyo012 is offline  
post #18223 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 09:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
No, he didn't update the firmware. He manually calibrated for SDR, and used autocal for HDR and DolbyVision.


The picture looks really amazing now. He was very patient and explained everything that he was doing, but frankly quite a bit of it went over my head.
That's great! Congrats. Pete is the one who is supposed to calibrate my television after the update occurs. His reviews are really good. He actually mentioned that there is not a way to manually calibrate DV, and it has to be auto calibrated. I'm super happy with the beta fw, but I don't know if I should tell him I'm ok getting it calibrated with the current fw. I'm surprised he is calibrating your television before the gamma fix, he seemed to want to wait with me. Perhaps it is because I seemed concerned about it. If you never brought it up or didn't ask a lot of questions regarding the gamma with his LG/Calman contact it makes sense for him to go ahead and do it.
Do you notice a big difference in the picture quality?

Kim
[email protected] is online now  
post #18224 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 09:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpyo012 View Post
Atmos is supported on LG OLEDs (2017 and newer).

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066
Ahhh...I just looked it up and you are right that LG 2017 tvs or newer can play Netflix in Atmos. Sorry for the misinformation!

Kim
[email protected] is online now  
post #18225 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 09:48 AM
Member
 
nelamvr6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New London, CT USA
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
That's great! Congrats. Pete is the one who is supposed to calibrate my television after the update occurs. His reviews are really good. He actually mentioned that there is not a way to manually calibrate DV, and it has to be auto calibrated. I'm super happy with the beta fw, but I don't know if I should tell him I'm ok getting it calibrated with the current fw. I'm surprised he is calibrating your television before the gamma fix, he seemed to want to wait with me. Perhaps it is because I seemed concerned about it. If you never brought it up or didn't ask a lot of questions regarding the gamma with his LG/Calman contact it makes sense for him to go ahead and do it.
Do you notice a big difference in the picture quality?

I definitely see a difference, but I wouldn't say it's night and day.



I did the best I could using the Disney Wow calibration disc, but of course he was able to do much more with his equipment and trained and experienced eye. My white balance was quite a bit off, and that is something I never tried to adjust myself. I knew I couldn't do it justice myself, and I knew I was planning on having it professionally calibrated anyway. In short, my set looked pretty good, but now it looks a lot better.



He did say he is going to contact his contact with Portrait Displays and ask about what he knows about the upcoming firmware update. If it is something I really should have, and something that would make a significant difference in my cal he will come to my place and revisit my cal.


He is a great guy, and great to work with, and he really cares. He was very patient and explained everything he was doing, and he was determined to make my TV look the best it can no matter how long it took.
calfcramp likes this.
nelamvr6 is offline  
post #18226 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Glenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,732
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 328
I just love to hear stories about Professional's that are at the Top of the industry in service and plan on staying there.
This Calibrator is a asset to the Industry.
We all know there are enough Cowboy Calibrator's walking the streets.
You know the type. I read some article and got me a meter and some software now I am one.
tanman and nelamvr6 like this.

Nothing's Impossible if you don't have to do it yourself ! Glenee
Glenee is online now  
post #18227 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,094
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 292
^^ There are more brains on the forum that can handle it themselves. Main reason we joined to see where the optimized image, or sound, or other details can be achieved.
tanman is offline  
post #18228 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 11:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 118
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
I definitely see a difference, but I wouldn't say it's night and day.



I did the best I could using the Disney Wow calibration disc, but of course he was able to do much more with his equipment and trained and experienced eye. My white balance was quite a bit off, and that is something I never tried to adjust myself. I knew I couldn't do it justice myself, and I knew I was planning on having it professionally calibrated anyway. In short, my set looked pretty good, but now it looks a lot better.



He did say he is going to contact his contact with Portrait Displays and ask about what he knows about the upcoming firmware update. If it is something I really should have, and something that would make a significant difference in my cal he will come to my place and revisit my cal.


He is a great guy, and great to work with, and he really cares. He was very patient and explained everything he was doing, and he was determined to make my TV look the best it can no matter how long it took.
Cool! I think I'll email Pete if he made it look much better. He came off to be extremely patient, and to really care about doing the best he could. When we first contacted he described all the details to me on the phone for hours. He also seemed determined that there was a backup plan for having to do a forced factory reset, or for there being a component or circuit board failure, or panel damage.
calfcramp likes this.

Kim
[email protected] is online now  
post #18229 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 5
C8 55 25% window

On my third C8 55" and screen uniformity is nice in general, but it appears I have the 25% window LUT bug. Less then 50 hours on the set, still in return period, but best uniformity and no stuck pixel out of the three sets I've seen, so in that respect really want to keep it. I thought this 25% window issue was only on 2017 models per Rtings.com? Although barely visible now, I seem to recall reading pixel refresh makes it more pronounced, is this a concern? Anybody had this bug on a 55" 2018? Any luck getting LG to fix it on a C8 55? It is very faint and difficult to capture in a picture, but I've attached two below. If it wasn't going to get worse I wouldn't be concerned at all. Thanks for any input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7209.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	809.3 KB
ID:	2581170   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_72081.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	751.0 KB
ID:	2581172  
Mountains is offline  
post #18230 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 01:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez23 View Post
Today is a year I’ve had my C8.
It has about 350 hours on it. I’ve not noticed any banding or burn in.
Would you advise a manual pixel refresher even tho it hasn’t reached the rec 1000 hr usage mark and is not currently giving me any issues?
You've had it for a whole year and it only has 350 hours on it?
Adam B is offline  
post #18231 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 02:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 8
I just got a 55" C8, as a replacement for my defective 55" B7.


Its current firmware is 04.10.20. The most recent one available is 04.10.55. Should I update?



I know some LG firmware versions are problematic (PC mode and HDR were broken for months on the B7), but I haven't kept up with the 2018 models.


Also, is it just me or is the panel on the C8 really flimsy? I'm not talking about the stand, that's properly installed. It's the OLED panel itself, and how it's affixed to the part containing the electronics at the back. At least on mine, the right side even disconnects a bit from the bottom when moving the TV (I noticed it happen during installation).
EeK9X is offline  
post #18232 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 963
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeK9X View Post
I just got a 55" C8, as a replacement for my defective 55" B7.


Its current firmware is 04.10.20. The most recent one available is 04.10.55. Should I update?



I know some LG firmware versions are problematic (PC mode and HDR were broken for months on the B7), but I haven't kept up with the 2018 models.


Also, is it just me or is the panel on the C8 really flimsy? I'm not talking about the stand, that's properly installed. It's the OLED panel itself, and how it's affixed to the part containing the electronics at the back. At least on mine, the right side even disconnects a bit from the bottom when moving the TV (I noticed it happen during installation).
Check out the FAQ, most of your answers are there..

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #18233 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
Check out the FAQ, most of your answers are there..

Thanks for replying, @Jrocker23 .



Which FAQ do you mean? Usually, threads like this one have a FAQ in the first few posts, but I'd checked before posting my question and couldn't find anything.



Also, I can't search for "FAQ" anywhere on these forums, due to that being too short or too common of a "word" (or, in this case, acronym).
EeK9X is offline  
post #18234 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 963
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeK9X View Post
Thanks for replying, @Jrocker23 .



Which FAQ do you mean? Usually, threads like this one have a FAQ in the first few posts, but I'd checked before posting my question and couldn't find anything.



Also, I can't search for "FAQ" anywhere on these forums, due to that being too short or too common of a "word" (or, in this case, acronym).
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showt...php?p=57996052


Just click above

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch
calfcramp likes this.

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #18235 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 03:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post

Thanks, but that FAQ isn't really up-to-date, and my firmware version isn't even listed there.


From what I've been reading, 04.10.31 introduced a lot of issues, and even though 04.10.55 fixed some of them, it crushes blacks, which isn't mentioned in the FAQ.

I've also read conflicting reports about versions 04.10.15 and 04.10.20. Some say that the former is actually newer than the latter, while others mention that they're the same, but for different regions (US and UK, respectively). I'm in Brazil, so I have no idea which version if the best one for me.

Also, on an unrelated note: I'm noticing a weird halo-like effect on my TV when there's a background that is either pure black or dark grey. It's like there's a big circle in a lighter tone that either expands or reduces in size depending on what's being displayed. I'm seeing it right now as I type this message (my desktop PC is hooked up to the OLED). Is that normal?
EeK9X is offline  
post #18236 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
djoberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Central Minnesota
Posts: 6,406
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1308 Post(s)
Liked: 1917
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeK9X View Post
Thanks, but that FAQ isn't really up-to-date, and my firmware version isn't even listed there.


From what I've been reading, 04.10.31 introduced a lot of issues, and even though 04.10.55 fixed some of them, it crushes blacks, which isn't mentioned in the FAQ.
You are right; the FAQ you were given isn't up to date for the reasons you mentioned.

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...LG UHD UBK90 (Dolby Vision BDP)...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
djoberg is online now  
post #18237 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 05:58 PM
Member
 
npsacobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 168
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez23 View Post
Today is a year I’ve had my C8.
It has about 350 hours on it. I’ve not noticed any banding or burn in.
Would you advise a manual pixel refresher even tho it hasn’t reached the rec 1000 hr usage mark and is not currently giving me any issues?
Wow. I got mine last August and have 2077 hours... Lol. I'm a pretty heavy gamer and love movies, both of which really shine on this panel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.
npsacobra is online now  
post #18238 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Adamd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,961
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountains View Post
On my third C8 55" and screen uniformity is nice in general, but it appears I have the 25% window LUT bug. Less then 50 hours on the set, still in return period, but best uniformity and no stuck pixel out of the three sets I've seen, so in that respect really want to keep it. I thought this 25% window issue was only on 2017 models per Rtings.com? Although barely visible now, I seem to recall reading pixel refresh makes it more pronounced, is this a concern? Anybody had this bug on a 55" 2018? Any luck getting LG to fix it on a C8 55? It is very faint and difficult to capture in a picture, but I've attached two below. If it wasn't going to get worse I wouldn't be concerned at all. Thanks for any input.
I would keep that the 25% window is very minor. I had the 25% window on one of my 77c8 but it was so so much worst then yours.
Mountains likes this.
Adamd is online now  
post #18239 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 963
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeK9X View Post
Thanks, but that FAQ isn't really up-to-date, and my firmware version isn't even listed there.


From what I've been reading, 04.10.31 introduced a lot of issues, and even though 04.10.55 fixed some of them, it crushes blacks, which isn't mentioned in the FAQ.

I've also read conflicting reports about versions 04.10.15 and 04.10.20. Some say that the former is actually newer than the latter, while others mention that they're the same, but for different regions (US and UK, respectively). I'm in Brazil, so I have no idea which version if the best one for me.

Also, on an unrelated note: I'm noticing a weird halo-like effect on my TV when there's a background that is either pure black or dark grey. It's like there's a big circle in a lighter tone that either expands or reduces in size depending on what's being displayed. I'm seeing it right now as I type this message (my desktop PC is hooked up to the OLED). Is that normal?
Sorry wrong link.. my apologies


https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showt...php?p=58033156

This is the one I meant, just click link above

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #18240 of 19306 Old 06-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG Oled Issues - Black screens

On some (but not all) black screens, I see a LOT of non uniform black.

This bothers me a lot. See example attached.

Has anyone seen this before?

This is the LG C8 55"

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190518_225648.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	2581288  
eg0170 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , brighter corner , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off