2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 612 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 79732Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #18331 of 20459 Old 06-19-2019, 10:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
Go to where it says method 2 point and click on that. The code values option will pop up. You need to enter both 2 point and code values for the calibration to be accurate. Well, as much as it can be without someone coming to your house.
ok I was able to set the high and low but how do you get to the figures you showed where you were adjusting 253-1033
Julez23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18332 of 20459 Old 06-19-2019, 10:30 PM
Senior Member
 
chronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
Go to where it says method 2 point and click on that. The code values option will pop up. You need to enter both 2 point and code values for the calibration to be accurate. Well, as much as it can be without someone coming to your house.
ok I was able to set the high and low but how do you get to the figures you showed where you were adjusting 253-1033
Click on method. That will allow you to choose 20 point code value. That's assuming you're in Technicolor expert to begin with. Once there you'll see the codes. It doesn't matter what the code says, just put the settings in order.
chronitis is offline  
post #18333 of 20459 Old 06-19-2019, 11:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: København
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
I put sharpness at 10 because I honestly couldn't see edge enhancement until a setting of 15, even with a jewelers loupe.
No need for a jeweler's loupe, just use something like the B&W zone plate pattern on DVS. If you break the screen down into quarters, you'll pick up a darkening at the centre of each quarter that grows steadily stronger as you move up to 10.
Ken Masters is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18334 of 20459 Old 06-19-2019, 11:17 PM
Senior Member
 
chronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Masters View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
I put sharpness at 10 because I honestly couldn't see edge enhancement until a setting of 15, even with a jewelers loupe.
No need for a jeweler's loupe, just use something like the B&W zone plate pattern on DVS. If you break the screen down into quarters, you'll pick up a darkening at the centre of each quarter that grows steadily stronger as you move up to 10.
I have no doubt that you're correct. Do you have a link for the test patterns, or did you mean AVSHD?
chronitis is offline  
post #18335 of 20459 Old 06-19-2019, 11:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: København
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
I have no doubt that you're correct. Do you have a link for the test patterns, or did you mean AVSHD?
https://diversifiedvideosolutions.com/

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...-patterns.html
Ken Masters is online now  
post #18336 of 20459 Old 06-19-2019, 11:29 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Suburbia, USA
Posts: 1,385
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
I'll do it, because I'm a firmware junky, but I definitely don't want to. I've never owned a tv that's required so many changes because of updates.



Good to hear. Your efforts are appreciated by many I'm sure.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki
RBO is offline  
post #18337 of 20459 Old 06-19-2019, 11:38 PM
Senior Member
 
chronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Masters View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
I have no doubt that you're correct. Do you have a link for the test patterns, or did you mean AVSHD?
https://diversifiedvideosolutions.com/

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...-patterns.html
I have r masciolas patterns. Thank you Ken. BTW, love the name. If you're not into street fighter, you should be. You were born for it.
Ken Masters likes this.
chronitis is offline  
post #18338 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 04:03 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All,

Would anyone have a few photos to show what an LG E8 55 or 65 inch look mounted on a wall? I want to purchase the LG E8 65 inch by the end of the year and I need to see what it looks like before I go ahead with the plans for it in my bedroom.

Thank you
DoyleHimself is offline  
post #18339 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 04:07 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked: 3664
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
Does anyone have the file for 4.10.15? I called LG and they wouldn’t give it to me. I’m on the most recent FW and would just rather do a factory reset then update rather than roll back via an app. Thanks!


The only way to roll back is via an application even a factory reset will not revert the firmware .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DrMichael likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #18340 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 04:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,025
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
The only way to roll back is via an application even a factory reset will not revert the firmware .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The application doesn't work anymore. The last firmware update blocked it, I know for sure that the last 2 beta firmwares do

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #18341 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 04:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked: 3664
2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
The application doesn't work anymore. The last firmware update blocked it, I know for sure that the last 2 beta firmwares do

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch


So if he is on .55 he can’t roll back ? I thought that was only for the last 2 beta updates .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #18342 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 04:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,025
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
So if he is on .55 he can’t roll back ? I thought that was only for the last 2 beta updates .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know it definitely doesn't work with the betas. I'm not 100% sure on .55. I think it was blocked there too

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch
chunon likes this.

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #18343 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 04:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked: 3664
2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Masters View Post
I'd like to second @chunon 's input on copying WB and CMS settings - don't do it. I'm also of the opinion that the CMS should be left alone in the HDR modes.


@chronitis , why leave Sharpness at 10 rather than getting rid of the edge enhancement altogether?


Basically his theory is that cms actually is perfectly fine and that we are all part of some conspiracy with professional calibrators and reviewers to push everyone to commercial software and 3dluts . That’s the gist of it , seems a little far fetched


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smurraybhm likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2

Last edited by chunon; 06-20-2019 at 04:59 AM.
chunon is online now  
post #18344 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Glenee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,747
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Anyone who knows anything about Calibrating Knows those are for his set only. A lot of times copying settings will make someone else Display look horrible.
3D luts have nothing to do with Calibrators trying to get into the pockets of people. It's just the next level of calibration and sometimes depending on equipment not the best either.

Nothing's Impossible if you don't have to do it yourself ! Glenee
Glenee is offline  
post #18345 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 05:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 7
How do you determine build date? Saw the post a page or two back with a box label, where is the build date in that info? Thanks.
onebluemcm is offline  
post #18346 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,025
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
How do you determine build date? Saw the post a page or two back with a box label, where is the build date in that info? Thanks.
It's on the back of the TV on the serial number stickers has manufacturer's date

On the sticker of the post you saw it's the first four numbers if I'm not mistaken

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
Jrocker23 is online now  
post #18347 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 05:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Thanks @chronitis
I hope you will update your fw when they fix the gamma so that you can post your calibration. Mine is great using your settings before.

Chronitis is not imposing his settings to others as others misundestood it, he just sharing it. And we are all aware that others settings may not be as good in ours because panel varies but we won't know until we try it. It's very simple, if we don't like the results then we can just roll it back to previous settings or we can adjust to our liking, no point of argument.

At least he is sharing his work for the benefit of others like me. If you can share your settings also rather than arguing with him then that will be great.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
calfcramp and Gillietalls like this.
boldventure is offline  
post #18348 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked: 3664
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldventure View Post
Thanks @chronitis
I hope you will update your fw when they fix the gamma so that you can post your calibration. Mine is great using your settings before.

Chronitis is not imposing his settings to others as others misundestood it, he just sharing it. And we are all aware that others settings may not be as good in ours because panel varies but we won't know until we try it. It's very simple, if we don't like the results then we can just roll it back to previous settings or we can adjust to our liking, no point of argument.

At least he is sharing his work for the benefit of others like me. If you can share your settings also rather than arguing with him then that will be great.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk


I have no problem with him sharing settings I am just pointing out there is panel variance and that aggressive cms adjustments usually cause artifacts . I don’t believe in shared settings so why would I help perpetuate the myth ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #18349 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 06:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
I've had some time to play with the panel, and I have some new settings for hdr and sdr. I sent my spectro to x-rite right after this calibration, and it's still as accurate as if it was new. Sadly, I think the FAQs might have to be changed. Make sure you turn off all picture enhancements like super resolution etc. If I don't have a number next to a setting, leave it at default. So now on to the fun stuff....

SDR mode: ISF Dark
Target 120 nits

Oled light: 37
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 10
Color: 50
Tint: 0

Expert controls:
Gamma: 2.4
Warm 2
2 point white balance high: red 2, green -1, blue -8
20 point luminance and rgb value:
5 ire) 10, 0, 2, 2
10 ire) 12, 1, 2, 1
15) 9, 1, 1, 2
20) 10, 1, 0, 1
25) 7, 2, 1, 3
30) 6, 0, 0, 1
35) 4, 2, 1, 4
40) 5, 1, -1, 4
45) 3, 0, 0, 4
50) 7, -1, -1, 5
55) 5, 0, -1, 5
60) 2, -1, -1, 4
65) 7, -1, 0, 1
70) 7, -2, 0, 2
75) 4, 0, 0, 3
80) -1, 0, 0, 1
85) 1, -1, 0, 1
90) 1, -1, 1, 4
95) 0, -1, 0, 3
100) -2, 0, 0, 3

Color management system:
Red: -12, 0, 2
Green: -12, -6, 0
Blue: -8, 0, 1
Cyan: -17, 0, 0
Magenta: -9, 0, 2
Yellow: -15, -1, 1

Edit: Raising the oled light alters the gamma. That's why my settings are so different from before.
Can we share the sdr settings to all inputs?
You don't have a note not to share it like HDR10 so I would assume we share it

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
boldventure is offline  
post #18350 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 06:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I have no problem with him sharing settings I am just pointing out there is panel variance and that aggressive cms adjustments usually cause artifacts . I don’t believe in shared settings so why would I help perpetuate the myth ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We all are aware of panel variance, you don't need to keep repeating it. Don't impose your belief in us. It's our decision to try and if we don't like it we can always adjust to our liking or roll it back, that simple. I used others settings and mine is great. If you can share your settings then it will be great rather than being argumentative.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
calfcramp and Gillietalls like this.
boldventure is offline  
post #18351 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked: 3664
Quote:
Originally Posted by boldventure View Post
We all are aware of panel variance, you don't need to keep repeating it. Don't impose your belief in us. It's our decision to try and if we don't like it we can always adjust to our liking or roll it back, that simple. I used others settings and mine is great. If you can share your settings then it will be great rather than being argumentative.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk


I have no settings to share , how do you know the settings are accurate without measuring with a meter ? It’s not just my belief it’s supported by multiple calibrators and articles . If you choose to disregard that that’s up to you . I have made my point I think you are free to disagree but I have every right to post my opinion just as you do .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
calfcramp likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #18352 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 06:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I have no settings to share , how do you know the settings are accurate without measuring with a meter ? It’s not just my belief it’s supported by multiple calibrators and articles . If you choose to disregard that that’s up to you . I have made my point I think you are free to disagree but I have every right to post my opinion just as you do .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think those calibrators or articles mentioned don't try others settings since we can always roll it back as if it's permanent and we can no longer change it. My understanding on what you're sayin is just DON'T do it, not even try it. What matter most is PQ is pleasing on our own eyes even if it's not 100% accurate based on meter.

Most don't have meter and will try on others' settings and we adjust based on our liking if we don't like it. Some are OC that should be 100% accurate to be pleased but most of us mere mortals we are good if our eyes are pleased which btw varies also.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
calfcramp and Gillietalls like this.
boldventure is offline  
post #18353 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,351
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3802 Post(s)
Liked: 3664
2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldventure View Post
I don't think those calibrators or articles mentioned don't try others settings since we can always roll it back as if it's permanent and we can no longer change it. My understanding on what you're sayin is just DON'T do it, not even try it. What matter most is PQ is pleasing on our own eyes even if it's not 100% accurate based on meter.

Most don't have meter and will try on others' settings and we adjust based on our liking if we don't like it. Some are OC that should be 100% accurate to be pleased but most of us mere mortals we are good if our eyes are pleased which btw varies also.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk


I’ll move on after this , you are free to do whatever you want . I am just saying in most cases it’s fools gold , you are better off buying a calibration disc and using one of the default picture modes . The defaults are pretty close in most cases . That’s my opinion ,
that’s all I have to say about it really .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WiFi-Spy, calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #18354 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 06:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I’ll move on after this , you are free to do whatever you want . I am just saying in most cases it’s fools gold , you are better off buying a calibration disc and using one of the default picture modes . The defaults are pretty close in most cases . That’s my opinion ,
that’s all I have to say about it really .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It does not matter if most cases it's fools gold as you mentioned, we can always try and change it back if needed. Many who tried chronitis and others settings and may be some adjustments made theirs PQ great in their own eyes including mine. It's free, can we at least try instead of saying don't do it, right?
You said you've been calibrating yours for many years perhaps you can share so that we can try and see if it's better in our own eyes?

We appreciate those who share their settings.

My simple point is we are all aware of panel variance and the settings are not permanent, we can try it and if we don't like it we can adjust it or roll it back. And we don't aim for 100% accuracy unless numbers please you, what is important for us is it pleases our own eyes.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
boldventure is offline  
post #18355 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 07:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
Does anyone have the file for 4.10.15? I called LG and they wouldn’t give it to me. I’m on the most recent FW and would just rather do a factory reset then update rather than roll back via an app. Thanks!
Search on this thread, there is a link where you can download it

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
boldventure is offline  
post #18356 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
djoberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Central Minnesota
Posts: 6,457
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebluemcm View Post
How do you determine build date? Saw the post a page or two back with a box label, where is the build date in that info? Thanks.
I just took this pic of my C877 (it's on the lower left-hand side on the back of your display). The build date (11/2018) is stated right under the bar code (after the word "MANUFACTURED"). Click on the link to see it upright.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...1&d=1561041908
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1784.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	2582278  

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...LG UHD UBK90 (Dolby Vision BDP)...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
djoberg is offline  
post #18357 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 08:17 AM
Senior Member
 
chronitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Masters View Post
I'd like to second @chunon 's input on copying WB and CMS settings - don't do it. I'm also of the opinion that the CMS should be left alone in the HDR modes.


@chronitis , why leave Sharpness at 10 rather than getting rid of the edge enhancement altogether?


Basically his theory is that cms actually is perfectly fine and that we are all part of some conspiracy with professional calibrators and reviewers to push everyone to commercial software and 3dluts . That’s the gist of it , seems a little far fetched


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I never said that. My point is that this is a forum. One that we all frequent to share information. In the settings page, which is literally about the settings built into the TV, you and a few others told insinuated that my calibration wasn't correct because I didn't use Auto Cal. That's preposterous. I don't think my settings are bulletproof, as there is such thing as panel variance. These are digital displays, and the panels shouldn't vary enough for my settings to be worse than default. We're not calibrating analog systems like speakers and subwoofers that react to a room. It's a tv for heaven's sake. If you don't like the settings you can quickly hit the reset button. It doesn't damage the tv....let me ask you something. Did you pay for a calibration? Because if so, I would be pissed. LG is the one that's screwing everyone. Not me....yet you keep going on some personal crusade...We obviously have common interests and good taste in TV's, so can we calm this whole thing down. I'm no calibration god or anything like that. Just sharing my hard work.
calfcramp and Gillietalls like this.

Last edited by chronitis; 06-20-2019 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Remove some inflammatory starement
chronitis is offline  
post #18358 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 08:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountains View Post
Your last picture shows a bigger gap between the stand and TV towards outside of the stand. There is a screw that goes on each outside end of the stand besides those that secure it in the middle. Looks like the screw is either missing or stripped. Check the other side as well, you should be able to feel the screw head or empty hole with your finger on the outside edge of the stand just behind the front curve. If it shifted like this you may want to check the center mount and tightness of the screws in there as well.
@Mountains , thank you for replying.

I've watched several assembly videos to compare them with my TV.


It shows the screws that you've mentioned: right side and left side (both looking from the back).

My TV is clearly missing those screws. Like you said, they're big enough to cover the hole, and not only did I not feel them (only the empty hole), but I've made my best to investigate what my set looks like.

This picture shows the empty hole on the rear left side:



I can confirm that both sides look like this. The screws are nowhere to be found. The TV either didn't come with them, or the technicians got rid of them without me noticing, but they were certainly not installed.

At this point, I'm tired of waiting for LG and will probably ask for my money back, so I can buy a proper TV.
EeK9X is offline  
post #18359 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 08:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Does anybody know what is the difference between 05.20.00 and 05.20.02? Could not find anything about it in the net.
commander71 is offline  
post #18360 of 20459 Old 06-20-2019, 08:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
Does anyone have the file for 4.10.15? I called LG and they wouldn’t give it to me. I’m on the most recent FW and would just rather do a factory reset then update rather than roll back via an app. Thanks!
I have "FW page 470" and "Rollback page 472" scribbled on a sheet of paper. I didn't go back and look but I think it's there. Good luck
11thunder07 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , brighter corner , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off