2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 635 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 81106Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #19021 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,760
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6777 Post(s)
Liked: 6784
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
If there isn't a meter involved, then it isn't calibration.

Just fiddling with settings isn't calibration. It may improve your result in a way you like though.

My TV has settings based on recommendations found here, but it sure isn't calibrated.
When the pros like D-Nice and Chad B do there thing, they use there meter's first, then make eye adjustments It a matter of using all resources.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19022 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Carbon Ft Print's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 611
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton911 View Post
If I didn't like this update, is it true I couldn't go back to the .15 I'm happy with (I have it on USB stick right now and go back to it whenever the TV accidentally updates)? Only reason I'd consider leaving 15 is getting rid of those daily pesky messages.
Don't know. New to LG. No experience in jumping back and forth with different firmware releases ... never had a need to.

I did this update because it was an official update done within normal LG processes ... not like going into the service menu with the sure app..

I'd stay with .15 and wait for more responses to 05.10.02 until you are comfortable to jump in.
mrtickleuk likes this.
Carbon Ft Print is offline  
post #19023 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 15,231
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3525 Post(s)
Liked: 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
Very sober advice.


1. Having missed the first 3 dozen warnings against venturing into the SM, let that be a lesson to those too lazy to read through the thread first.


2. Why haven't any of those who have bricked their sets posted a WARNING describing their misfortune so others will not repeat their mistakes? Is it that they are too embarrassed or are they too selfish to share the details step by step of what not to do in the SM?


Redundancy leads to boredom (just ask anyone no longer employed) which is an encouragement to not read thoroughly through a thread bloated with the same redundancies.


As for "responsible members of AVS," see #2 above.
In the past, when entering the SM was all the rage around here, there were posts of what people did. Basically following the posted instructions and it either didn't work or they made a mistake. The point is that if someone posts a how-to SM trick, they should include a short disclaimer about the cons of entering the SM. At least the disclaimer stays with the post so if someone is linked back, it's there. I agree with point 1 above.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #19024 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 130
This may of been asked but even if you download an update from the service menu can you still get future updates via the official releases OTA?
zeonstar is offline  
post #19025 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
LCSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
This may of been asked but even if you download an update from the service menu can you still get future updates via the official releases OTA?
Yes, as long as the new OTA firmware has a newer/higher firmware version than the version loaded in “Engineering” mode from the Service Menu.

Emotiva RMC-1/XPR-2/XPR-5, AppleTV 4K
LG OLED65C8, Oppo UDP-203, Panasonic DP-UB820
Furman PL-PRO DMC 20A, Monster Power HTS-5000
SVS Dual PB12-Plus x 2
Klipsch KLF-20, KLF-C7, RB-5II x 4
LCSeminole is offline  
post #19026 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
LCSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Ft Print View Post
Don't know. New to LG. No experience in jumping back and forth with different firmware releases ... never had a need to.

I did this update because it was an official update done within normal LG processes ... not like going into the service menu with the sure app..

I'd stay with .15 and wait for more responses to 05.10.02 until you are comfortable to jump in.
Just to update, it’s now version 05.20.03 that is now offered in a Engineering mode.

Emotiva RMC-1/XPR-2/XPR-5, AppleTV 4K
LG OLED65C8, Oppo UDP-203, Panasonic DP-UB820
Furman PL-PRO DMC 20A, Monster Power HTS-5000
SVS Dual PB12-Plus x 2
Klipsch KLF-20, KLF-C7, RB-5II x 4
LCSeminole is offline  
post #19027 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSeminole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
This may of been asked but even if you download an update from the service menu can you still get future updates via the official releases OTA?
Yes, as long as the new OTA firmware has a newer/higher firmware version than the version loaded in “Engineering” mode from the Service Menu.
Appreciate the reply. Thanks. I did an engineering update for 5.10.13 and it went fine but I don’t think I’ll do that again. I didn’t see any changes in my picture anyway really. I still need my Dolby vision content at 49 instead of 50 brightness to be true black. Not that that is that big of a deal.
zeonstar is offline  
post #19028 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 07:25 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Suburbia, USA
Posts: 1,426
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
In the past, when entering the SM was all the rage around here, there were posts of what people did. Basically following the posted instructions and it either didn't work or they made a mistake. The point is that if someone posts a how-to SM trick, they should include a short disclaimer about the cons of entering the SM. At least the disclaimer stays with the post so if someone is linked back, it's there. I agree with point 1 above.

Were those accounts of LG C8 service menu disasters? I've read the entire thread and don't recall seeing any. I'd like to know what not to do in the SM, not just accounts of those who worry that they may have bungled a change to a setting in there but actually have bricked their set.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki
RBO is offline  
post #19029 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 07:28 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Suburbia, USA
Posts: 1,426
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
Appreciate the reply. Thanks. I did an engineering update for 5.10.13 and it went fine but I don’t think I’ll do that again. I didn’t see any changes in my picture anyway really. I still need my Dolby vision content at 49 instead of 50 brightness to be true black. Not that that is that big of a deal.

That's the second time you've mentioned 05.10.13 rather than 05.10.03. It would be nice of you to post a snapshot of your About This TV on the Settings Menu to verify for us it is .13 vice .03. Thanks.
mrtickleuk likes this.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki
RBO is offline  
post #19030 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
leiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sanfrancisco
Posts: 816
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
Been wondering something. When I got my LG C8 about 6 months ago and went online looking for some settings to try, I came across RTings and began using their settings with small tweaks. Using Cinema picture mode seems pretty common. But I see more and more that people tend to start with ISF expert or Technicolor expert. Which one is better vs Cinema? Are they all different in thier own way or can they all be set to be identical in the end?


Edit. Adding to my question. Is ISF Expert only for someone using calibration tools? If you are just adjusting by eye, is it better to stick with Cinema?
The two isf picture modes and Technicolor are the only three modes I use. If you set values identically between these three inputs like I do I believe you'll find the picture to look identical which answers your question. This is using warm2 color temp. If you start messing with warm1 you get weird results. But I don't think many here recommend ever using warm1
leiff is offline  
post #19031 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 15,231
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3525 Post(s)
Liked: 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
Were those accounts of LG C8 service menu disasters? I've read the entire thread and don't recall seeing any. I'd like to know what not to do in the SM, not just accounts of those who worry that they may have bungled a change to a setting in there but actually have bricked their set.
Jeez, what's your problem? The point is that entering the SM may result in problems if you click on something you shouldn't click on. Period. Enter at your own risk, just mention that to the newbies/first time lurkers so they know what may or may not happen.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is online now  
post #19032 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 07:54 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Suburbia, USA
Posts: 1,426
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Regarding Engineering Mode firmware 05.20.03:


Having loaded that fw yesterday afternoon on my 77" I re-watched Game Of thrones finale episodes again last night from my DVR recording. I had watched the program when HBO first broadcast it. I had then fw 04.10.55 and my set was not yet professionally calibrated. The images were dark as many people noted and the 3rd episode with the night time battle at Winterfell was nearly too dark to see what was going on.That was the general consensus on the internet of many people even without the LG C8 to view it on. My set was afterwards professionally calibrated with fw 05.20.00. Re-watching last night for only the 2nd time, episodes 1 & 2 were much brighter. Episode 3 with the battle against the White Walkers, the scenes were very watchable with much better shadow detail and overall clarity improved. Everything was easily discernible as to who was who and doing what whomever. I was amazed at the difference between the two viewings and the firmwares. Of course much of the improvement would be due to the professional calibration. However, the improvement from the firmware is undeniably significant as well. LG is certainly on the right track with the upcoming official released firmware. I say everyone is in for a treat.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki

Last edited by RBO; 07-12-2019 at 08:00 PM.
RBO is offline  
post #19033 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
leiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sanfrancisco
Posts: 816
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 26
To expand on my comment above and finish answering question I was replying:
I don't know how Cinema compares to these other three picture modes. I suggest you set the values the same among all four inputs and evaluate yourself. No I don't have any measuring equipment my adjustments were made all by eye.
leiff is offline  
post #19034 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 07:57 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Suburbia, USA
Posts: 1,426
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Jeez, what's your problem? The point is that entering the SM may result in problems if you click on something you shouldn't click on. Period. Enter at your own risk, just mention that to the newbies/first time lurkers so they know what may or may not happen.



LMAO! Apparently the only problem I have is you.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki
RBO is offline  
post #19035 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 15,231
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3525 Post(s)
Liked: 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
LMAO! Apparently the only problem I have is you.
Ahh, I see. That explains why, by your own admission, that you were banned from AVS a couple of years back.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is online now  
post #19036 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 08:15 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Suburbia, USA
Posts: 1,426
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Ahh, I see. That explains why, by your own admission, that you were banned from AVS a couple of years back.

... I fail to see the connection. Does that have anything to do with you?

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki
RBO is offline  
post #19037 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by leiff View Post
The two isf picture modes and Technicolor are the only three modes I use. If you set values identically between these three inputs like I do I believe you'll find the picture to look identical which answers your question. This is using warm2 color temp. If you start messing with warm1 you get weird results. But I don't think many here recommend ever using warm1
Thanks for the info. Any particular reason you choose the ISF ones over something like Cinema?

Stupid question time. The ISF ones aren't just for professional Calibration right?
zeonstar is offline  
post #19038 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
leiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: sanfrancisco
Posts: 816
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
Thanks for the info. Any particular reason you choose the ISF ones over something like Cinema?

Stupid question time. The ISF ones aren't just for professional Calibration right?
See post 19036. Not very helpful, srry

Last edited by leiff; 07-12-2019 at 09:05 PM.
leiff is offline  
post #19039 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
LCSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 748
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
Thanks for the info. Any particular reason you choose the ISF ones over something like Cinema?

Stupid question time. The ISF ones aren't just for professional Calibration right?
I suppose an ISF calibration could be performed with any of the picture modes but for SDR content, the ISF Expert Bright Room, ISF Expert Dark Room and Technicolor picture modes out of the box are closest to what an ISF calibration will produce. Cinema (User) is preferable for HDR and Dolby Vision content.
RBO likes this.

Emotiva RMC-1/XPR-2/XPR-5, AppleTV 4K
LG OLED65C8, Oppo UDP-203, Panasonic DP-UB820
Furman PL-PRO DMC 20A, Monster Power HTS-5000
SVS Dual PB12-Plus x 2
Klipsch KLF-20, KLF-C7, RB-5II x 4

Last edited by LCSeminole; 07-12-2019 at 08:46 PM.
LCSeminole is offline  
post #19040 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 15,231
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3525 Post(s)
Liked: 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
... I fail to see the connection. Does that have anything to do with you?
Attitude, politeness, decorum.... anyway it's a closed subject. We have agreed in the past on a few subjects so let's just leave it at that.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is online now  
post #19041 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 09:08 PM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RBO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Suburbia, USA
Posts: 1,426
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Attitude, politeness, decorum.... anyway it's a closed subject. We have agreed in the past on a few subjects so let's just leave it at that.
Ahh, so you admit to your faults for once, the worst being you do not brook a disagreeing viewpoint. Well, I will then kindly agree to never again step on your lawn. Hasta la vista.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki
RBO is offline  
post #19042 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bull Mountain, OR
Posts: 15,231
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3525 Post(s)
Liked: 2545
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
Ahh, so you admit to your faults for once, the worst being you do not brook a disagreeing viewpoint. Well, I will then kindly agree to never again step on your lawn. Hasta la vista.
the attitude, politeness, decorum was directed at you.
calfcramp likes this.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
Otto Pylot is online now  
post #19043 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 09:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
That's the second time you've mentioned 05.10.13 rather than 05.10.03. It would be nice of you to post a snapshot of your About This TV on the Settings Menu to verify for us it is .13 vice .03. Thanks.
Please don't mind me and my bad memory. I actually just checked and have 5.10.02 which I got from the Engineering FW update. I got impatient waiting for it come over the air officially.

I didn't mean to incorrectly say 5.10.13. I just remembered wrong.
RBO likes this.
zeonstar is offline  
post #19044 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
zeonstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSeminole View Post
I suppose an ISF calibration could be performed with any of the picture modes but for SDR content, the ISF Expert Bright Room, ISF Expert Dark Room and Technicolor picture modes out of the box are closest to what an ISF calibration will produce. Cinema (User) is preferable for HDR and Dolby Vision content.
Well that is good to know. I may just want to redo my SDR setup under ISF then. I have been using Cinema for SDR too.
zeonstar is offline  
post #19045 of 22207 Old 07-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Senior Member
 
calfcramp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
In the past, when entering the SM was all the rage around here, there were posts of what people did. Basically following the posted instructions and it either didn't work or they made a mistake. The point is that if someone posts a how-to SM trick, they should include a short disclaimer about the cons of entering the SM. At least the disclaimer stays with the post so if someone is linked back, it's there. I agree with point 1 above.
Or a video showing how it is done!
Otto Pylot likes this.
calfcramp is offline  
post #19046 of 22207 Old 07-13-2019, 03:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 7,331
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5060 Post(s)
Liked: 7382
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeonstar View Post
Please don't mind me and my bad memory. I actually just checked and have 5.10.02 which I got from the Engineering FW update. I got impatient waiting for it come over the air officially.

I didn't mean to incorrectly say 5.10.13. I just remembered wrong.
That's cool. We are just trying to track all the different versions. (E=ONLY been seen via Engineering method, not public releases).

4.20.05 E
4.10.31
4.50.01 E
4.60.01 E
4.10.50
4.10.55
5.10.00 E
5.20.00 E
5.10.02
5.20.02 E
5.10.03 E
5.20.03 E

I'm getting impatient myself; now that we know that the official OTA versions being sent out are 5.* versions, I don't think I'll be "trapped" on a high Eng version with no way back, IF the TV offers me 5.10.* . If it offers me 5.20.*, then there's doubt. Clearly if this was a simple thing, there would be one or two Eng versions and then a public release - not 8!

Thanks to @RBO for the description of the improvements that you saw.
RBO likes this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #19047 of 22207 Old 07-13-2019, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
djoberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Central Minnesota
Posts: 6,590
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Liked: 2128
^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to the club! I've been in the "impatient club" for quite awhile now and I'll say it yet again, "LG is dragging their heels on the release of this firmware and it's really unacceptable for a high end display like this."

LG OLED 77C8...Denon X4300H 9.2 AVR...LG UHD UBK90 (Dolby Vision BDP)...Philips UHD BDP-7501...Toshiba HD-A30...Dish Hopper 3...Roku Premiere Plus...Harmony One

5.2.4 Set-up: SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers (4)...SVS Prime Center...SVS Prime Elevation (4)...SVS PC-2000 & PC12-NSD Subs
djoberg is online now  
post #19048 of 22207 Old 07-13-2019, 08:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by djoberg View Post
^^^^^^^^^



Welcome to the club! I've been in the "impatient club" for quite awhile now and I'll say it yet again, "LG is dragging their heels on the release of this firmware and it's really unacceptable for a high end display like this."
Can't say I'm surprised LGs software Dev team has always been subpar.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Ajresendez is offline  
post #19049 of 22207 Old 07-13-2019, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mrtickleuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!
Posts: 7,331
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5060 Post(s)
Liked: 7382
I know that is your view, but I don't share the same criticism of LG's engineering team personally. Unless you're in the team you cannot have full visibility for the real reasons for the delays, and having been on the "inside" of software problems and delays in my own career, I prefer not to speculate from outside on this one . Yes I am getting impatient, but the overriding thing for me is that it is being addressed at all. The Sony, Panasonic, Philips etc 2018 TVs all also suffer from this problem, and they are not going to get any fixes like we are. Always keep that in mind
smitty, LCSeminole, RBO and 5 others like this.

_______________
Denon AVR-X4200W, Arcam Alpha 8P; 5.1.4 setup: Mission 702e, M7C1i, 77DS, 731. Rel T5 Sub. Monitor Audio CT165 4 Tops | LG OLED55C8PLA TV | Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-Ray

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
mrtickleuk is offline  
post #19050 of 22207 Old 07-13-2019, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
I know that is your view, but I don't share the same criticism of LG's engineering team personally. Yes I am getting impatient, but the overriding thing for me is that it is being addressed at all. The Sony, Panasonic, Philips etc 2018 TVs all also suffer from this problem, and they are not going to get any fixes like we are. Always keep that in mind
I agree. I rather wait and hope they get it tight then push tond of updates with broken parts or ignoring the issue completely

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
Jrocker23 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , blu-ray , brighter corner , hdmi , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off