Originally Posted by HDKing
Have been having constant problems with the Magic Remote. The pointer cursor keeps malfunctioning. Already had a replacement remote sent and this one is doing the same thing. I unregister/registerthe remote multiple times, but the problem keeps coming back. The only thing that seems to fix it is if I turn the tv off and don’t use it for 5-8 hours. Unplugging the tv doesn’t help, removing batteries doesn’t help, and aside from requesting new remotes every few weeks, I can’t find a fix anywhere.
From the 2018 owners manual:
Cannot control the TV with the remote control.
• Check if anything such as tape has been placed over the receiver.
• Check if there is any obstacle between the product and the remote
• Replace the batteries with new fresh ones.
No image display and no sound is produced.
• Check if the product is turned on.
• Check if the power cord is connected to a wall outlet.
• Check if there is a problem in the wall outlet by connecting other
The TV turns off suddenly.
• Check the power control settings. The power supply may be
• Check if the auto-off function is activated in the settings menu.
• If there is no signal while the TV is on, the TV will turn off
automatically after 15 minutes of inactivity.