2018 LG C8-E8 Owners' Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 703 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80769Likes

post #21061 of 21680 Old 09-15-2019, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked: 3685
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
From Teds site:

Funny how it says paid and free in the same sentence.
Yeah, that does not make sense.
calfcramp likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21062 of 21680 Old 09-15-2019, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Was your calibration done with autocal ? If so your calibration is gone .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
If it was the "White Balance" menus that were greyed out in any given picture modes and they are not now, then yes I agree that the 1DLUT (1,024 points) and 3DLUTs (33 x 33 x 33 = 35,937 points) uploaded by Calman are gone. They are stored per picture mode (of the modes that have slots for LUT uploads).

He couldn't have given you anything to upload if he created a LUT (Lightspace can also now do this), because it's too much data to be entered with the remote. Unfortunately there is still no backup/restore option and no sign of there ever being one

So the key question is, was it "White Balance" in the Expert Settings menus that was greyed? Supported picture modes for a LUT upload are:
  • SDR: Cinema, Game, technicolor Expert, ISF Expert (Bright Room), ISF Expert (Dark Room)
  • HDR10/HLG: Cinema, Game, technicolor Expert
  • Dolby Vision: Cinema, Cinema Home, Game

If not, what was greyed?
The only settings that were greyed out and now are not on all inputs, HDR and SDR are:

Color
Color Gamut
White Balance.

This sucks and it's all my fault, lol. Everything I look at is all wrong now. Flesh tones are slightly more saturated, contrast is too rich on some stuff and what looks like not enough on others. Some viewing, it looks washed out. The only thing I can do and already did, was input the menu settings my calibrator had. My brain finally for over a year was looking at perfect visuals, and now nothing looks right! I used the new Spears and Munsil new UHD HDR disc to tighten it up I guess, the problem with that disc is that a ton of settings still requires equipment. I was able to get the washed out look handled by dropping brightness to 49.

I can contact my Calibrator back. Is it possible that the New Calman HDR software would have kept my settings, or am I screwed and have to pony up a ton more cash? Hoping he would still have my settings on his laptop! Another option I have which I really do not want to do, is sell this and pick up a c9, since it has Autocal built in. Based on special circumstances, I can get a C9 after selling my C8 for the difference of 3 C-Notes!
post #21063 of 21680 Old 09-15-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
I too was having ARC issues among other problems the past few weeks. I hate coincidences, and I have experienced way too many lately. One such was my with my FIOS DVR. It started having problems holding a signal causing programs to freeze and stutter and start again including recorded programs. It worsened to the point that every 5-10 minutes the DVR would re-boot then even lose the programming menu. Eventually Verizon agreed to send me a replacement DVR last week and now all is good again. That problem coincided with my trying out a new Darbee video processor on the Verizon DVR output to the C8 HDMI 1. At the same time I started also having ARC issues. I now only use the Darbee on my PS4 output to an HDMI splitter. And like I said, with the new DVR all is good again.

So, is there something else you may have changed in your hook-ups recently to start the ARC issues you're having? Start there because coincidences do occur.

I agree with @chunon that if you had an autocal calibration, those settings are now lost with a factory reset.

I would call LG if I were you. Tell them like @Jrocker23 did that your calibrator did a FW update via the Engineering Mode before his calibration and you are stuck with 05.20.10 because he left it in Engineering Mode and with auto update enabled. Pay the $50 @Jrocker23 said they charge to remotely reset your FW to 05.10.xx and then someday you'll have to get another calibration done.

I am stuck with FW 05.20.03 myself. I have not done what @Jrocker23 did because I think LG's remote FW install involves the factory reset which would erase my pro-calibration. Perhaps 05.20.10 is the coincidence with the ARC issue. I am curious to hear what you do.
Nothing has changed at all. I am not going to say that, because it's not true, no offense. I did all the engineering updates myself. Plus, I really do not think that has anything to do with my issue at hand. I have zero Arc issues since I was stupid and blasted my Calibration!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21064 of 21680 Old 09-15-2019, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
Ahh, you mean this post.... for 2018s. I actually did for a few AVS’ers, just chose not to put the the files on the open forum due to the “Management”.... i’’l leave it at that.
For those of us in areas that you weren’t able to feasibly visit for a calibration what basic settings would be closest to your calibration? Technicolor default at Warm 1 or ISF Dark with Red at -8 and Blue at -5 in the white balance.
post #21065 of 21680 Old 09-16-2019, 02:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcavila View Post
Whenever I play movies via the USB input my C8 always has subtitles enabled. I check the TV settings and they are turned off. I cannot figure out how to turn off the subtitles. Anyone know how?
There are two places to turn subtitles On/Off. One is in the Settings for the TV and found under Accessibility and the second is accessed when playing a file from USB. To find this setting press the remote's centre wheel when playing the file/A banner at the bottom of the screen should appear/Go to the three dots at the far right/Press on this and new options , including Subs, should appear/Press on Subs/ A banner at the top of the screen will appear with an On-Off slider at far left. Make sure Off is chosen.
Not sure if this is your issue but it is worth a look. By the way , the Subs option will only appear if the file contains subs.
Good luck.
mrtickleuk likes this.

LG 77C8 (UK) - Arcam AVR 850 - Arcam FMJ P7 - 7.2.4 Atmos setup.
post #21066 of 21680 Old 09-16-2019, 03:01 AM
RBO
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by calfcramp View Post
Nothing has changed at all. I am not going to say that, because it's not true, no offense. I did all the engineering updates myself. Plus, I really do not think that has anything to do with my issue at hand. I have zero Arc issues since I was stupid and blasted my Calibration!

No offense taken. You are right that it would be dishonest to do what @Jrocker23 said he had to do to get LG support to grudgingly perform a service they charged him a $50 fee for after forcing him to feel the need to lie for that service. You might want to try telling them the truth. Or when they ask why you have an Engineering firmware simply tell them to STFU and just charge you the $50 fee and do the remote firmware install.
calfcramp likes this.

Russ (another one)
LG65 & 77C8PUA / Bose Soundbar 700 / OPPO UDP205 / Verizon FIOS TV One

"There are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering b*****d." - BILL
C8/E8 Questions? Try JCC's_FAQ Or LiQiCE's_Wiki
post #21067 of 21680 Old 09-16-2019, 05:10 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by calfcramp View Post
You have not done anything that all of US have not done sooner or later. Contact your Calibrator tell him what happen, and find out what it takes to fix it, and how much. See what your options are, and then make the best choice for you and carry on.
I have done some stupid stuff over the years, all of them was not what I intended . Actually I was convinced that right before my stroke of genius it would make things better, then seconds after the Act, well everyone knows the story.
We Have All Been There.

Nothing's Impossible if you don't have to do it yourself ! Glenee

Last edited by Glenee; 09-16-2019 at 02:05 PM.
post #21068 of 21680 Old 09-16-2019, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 4874 Post(s)
Liked: 7169
@calfcramp I will reply properly later but for now, don't rush out and buy a C9 on the misconception that it has Autocal built in. It does not!

To calibrate you need, as a minimum:
1. A pattern generator. Hardware which can accurately create the patterns (patches of colour) on the screen that the meter then measures.
2. A meter to measure the light coming off the screen - colour and brightness.
3. Software to control (1) and (2)

My personal setup with C8:
1 = Raspberry Pi running PGenerator software, connected via HDMI to the TV
2 = SpectraCal C6HDR2000 meter, which came bundled with:
3 = SpectraCal Calman software.

The ONLY thing that has changed on the C9 is this:
1 = built-in Pattern generator, with patterns created by the TV's firmware.

Everything else is the same! You still need a meter, and you still need the software!

I don't know why people think this, but you are not the first. Somehow, a LOT of people have made the impossible logical leap from "built-in pattern generator" to "built-in meter, software, and pattern generator" 🙂
chad43 likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #21069 of 21680 Old 09-16-2019, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk82 View Post
Yes DeviceControl is free but the LG template isn't freely available. The only way to get this template is if you buy LightSpace or am I wrong about this?
The template is technically free - but it's certainly not freely available! - to users of the Lightspace software.
There is a free trial version of Lightspace; to get it you have to ask for it and fill in a form on their website and wait for a reply with the download link in it.

Next, there is a process where you register your PGenerator in the Cloud, and IIRC the Template is then added to your Cloud account. It's behind a username and password, you can't get the file yourself IIRC.

The above is my understanding, happy to be corrected. If there's a link on a website with a "download free Template here" then I apologise. 🙂

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #21070 of 21680 Old 09-16-2019, 07:53 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 6674 Post(s)
Liked: 6670
Quote:
Originally Posted by DERG View Post
When new, it took a few minutes to unpack the C8 but it took us an hour to repack it into it's original box, preparing for the move! Ten days later & 1200 miles on the road I worried the set might arrive in pieces. Good fortune was with us, however, as the movers didn't destroy it.
That is why its a good idea to keep your box if you can
calfcramp likes this.
post #21071 of 21680 Old 09-16-2019, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
That is why its a good idea to keep your box if you can
Agreed, and I usually do but the size of the box for the 77C8 is just a step too far.

post #21072 of 21680 Old 09-16-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBO View Post
No offense taken. You are right that it would be dishonest to do what @Jrocker23 said he had to do to get LG support to grudgingly perform a service they charged him a $50 fee for after forcing him to feel the need to lie for that service. You might want to try telling them the truth. Or when they ask why you have an Engineering firmware simply tell them to STFU and just charge you the $50 fee and do the remote firmware install.
LOL. That actually might work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenee View Post
You have not done anything that all of US have not done sooner or later. Contact your Calibrator tell him what happen, and find out what it takes to fix it, and how much. See what your options are, and then make the best choice for you and carry on.
I have done some stupid stuff over the years, all of them was not what I intended . Actually I was convinced that right before my stroke of genius it would make things better, then seconds after the Act, well everyone knows the story.
We Have All Been There.
So true, I am contacting my calibrator tonight!

Quote:
@calfcramp I will reply properly later but for now, don't rush out and buy a C9 on the misconception that it has Autocal built in. It does not!

To calibrate you need, as a minimum:
1. A pattern generator. Hardware which can accurately create the patterns (patches of colour) on the screen that the meter then measures.
2. A meter to measure the light coming off the screen - colour and brightness.
3. Software to control (1) and (2)

My personal setup with C8:
1 = Raspberry Pi running PGenerator software, connected via HDMI to the TV
2 = SpectraCal C6HDR2000 meter, which came bundled with:
3 = SpectraCal Calman software.

The ONLY thing that has changed on the C9 is this:
1 = built-in Pattern generator, with patterns created by the TV's firmware.

Everything else is the same! You still need a meter, and you still need the software!

I don't know why people think this, but you are not the first. Somehow, a LOT of people have made the impossible logical leap from "built-in pattern generator" to "built-in meter, software, and pattern generator" 🙂
I apologize. I read that back when they started advertising the C9. I have no idea why I forgot, lol. At first I was like way cool, it has the Calman built in! Then after more research, It clarified what you just said. It's been a long week! How much total was it for you to get it going, if you don't mind telling?

I just hope my calibrator possibly has the settings saved on his laptop. It's amazing how they say when you get it calibrated, it might take a little bit for your brain to adjust to the correct settings. Holy crap, going the other way, it hurts!
post #21073 of 21680 Old 09-16-2019, 04:01 PM

I also spent about 2 hours using the UHD HDR benchmark disc step by step on stuff I could do without the equipment, forget about it, lol. There is no comparison to having it done correctly.
post #21074 of 21680 Old 09-16-2019, 05:25 PM

I do not know if this has been posted or not before, but I came across this. I hope this helps anybody.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/prof...ation-services
LCSeminole, Glenee and chunon like this.
post #21075 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 04:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarbel View Post
There are two places to turn subtitles On/Off. One is in the Settings for the TV and found under Accessibility and the second is accessed when playing a file from USB. To find this setting press the remote's centre wheel when playing the file/A banner at the bottom of the screen should appear/Go to the three dots at the far right/Press on this and new options , including Subs, should appear/Press on Subs/ A banner at the top of the screen will appear with an On-Off slider at far left. Make sure Off is chosen.
Not sure if this is your issue but it is worth a look. By the way , the Subs option will only appear if the file contains subs.
Good luck.

Thank you. So I had found the three dots but didn't even notice that there was an "S" to click on to turn subtitles on/off. Turns out some of the shows I was watching did in fact have them hard coded so they can't be turned off. The "S" is greyed out. But I was able to get them to turn off for others. I knew there was a solution that I wasn't figuring out. Thanks again for your help.
post #21076 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 04:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcavila View Post
Thank you. So I had found the three dots but didn't even notice that there was an "S" to click on to turn subtitles on/off. Turns out some of the shows I was watching did in fact have them hard coded so they can't be turned off. The "S" is greyed out. But I was able to get them to turn off for others. I knew there was a solution that I wasn't figuring out. Thanks again for your help.
You're welcome.

post #21077 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1429 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarbel View Post
Agreed, and I usually do but the size of the box for the 77C8 is just a step too far.
Just tape it to the ceiling. You aren't using that space anyhow, right?
alexbarbel likes this.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #21078 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by H00D4M4N View Post
I'm not sure how I disabled it in HDR actually. I may have disabled it in one of the other modes first and then switched back. I just kept fiddling and got it to change somehow.

But anyway, LG's RealCinema pissed me off so much I went out and bought a Sony. Will never buy LG again.
I found out how to disable Real Cinama in HDR, you have to use the "Cinema Home" profile, that is the only one which will allow this f**** setting to be turned off.

I was about to return the TV, but with Real Cinema turned off i can now use SDR and HDR fine, Dolby Vision on the other hand stutters like crazy and there is no way to disable Real Cinema. I called LG to let them know about this issue, maybe if we all call this will get their attention so we can disable this thing for Dolby in the next firmware
post #21079 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiz Felipe Franco Garcia View Post
I found out how to disable Real Cinama in HDR, you have to use the "Cinema Home" profile, that is the only one which will allow this f**** setting to be turned off.
It depends on the frame-rate.

Quote:
I was about to return the TV,

Quote:
but with Real Cinema turned off i can now use SDR and HDR fine, Dolby Vision on the other hand stutters like crazy and there is no way to disable Real Cinema. I called LG to let them know about this issue, maybe if we all call this will get their attention so we can disable this thing for Dolby in the next firmware
With it turned off, 24Hz content is not accurately displayed at 24Hz, and you can get frame-skipping.
calfcramp and npsacobra like this.

post #21080 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
It depends on the frame-rate.

With it turned off, 24Hz content is not accurately displayed at 24Hz, and you can get frame-skipping.
I know it depends on the frame-rate. The stuttering in panning scenes with this setting enable is a deal breaker for me and also for others, turning it off makes a BIG difference.

I really don't appreciate a "rolleyes" emoji just because i mentioned i was about to return the TV, if i was not satisfied with its performance i will sure as hell return it. I signed up to this forum just to answer that question someone else asked because they were facing the same stuttering problem, took me a while to figure it out so i thought i share.

Next time an accurate information shared in a forum is not what you are looking for you may want to just read it and go on with your day, instead of leaving some patronizing comments and "rolleyes"
post #21081 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
I know it depends on the frame-rate. The stuttering in panning scenes with this setting enable is a deal breaker for me and also for others, turning it off makes a BIG difference.

I really don't appreciate a "rolleyes" emoji just because i mentioned i was about to return the TV, if i was not satisfied with its performance i will sure as hell return it. I signed up to this forum just to answer that question someone else asked because they were facing the same stuttering problem, took me a while to figure it out so i thought i share.

Next time an accurate information shared in a forum is not what you are looking for you may want to just read it and go on with your day, instead of leaving some patronizing comments and "rolleyes"

Agreed. If anyone deserves eye-rolling (and even harsher things like boycotting) it is the TV manufacturers who are supposed to be trying to produce the best possible picture but instead do stupid things like adding processing that can't be disabled.

Seriously, it's not hard to make something OPTIONAL and if it is too complicated for the devs to do that then DON'T INCLUDE SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY MAKES THINGS LOOK WORSE. The sheer amount of fake motion-smoothing seen in TVs at the store these days is utterly mind-boggling. If people like soap opera effects, that's fine, it's their choice. However, if they want it, they should have to turn it on -- not the other way around. It should be OFF by default.
post #21082 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked: 945
You can actually glitch disable Real Cinema in the HDR Cinema/Technicolor Presets, even though it is greyed out. There are use cases where one might want to have it disabled. I've tried this myself which required a PC and constantly switching HDR on and off and being very fast with the remote, took me more than an hour.

I wish we could also glitch the color gamut for the SDR game preset to auto instead of wide...
calfcramp and mrtickleuk like this.
post #21083 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 12:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H00D4M4N View Post
Seriously, it's not hard to make something OPTIONAL and if it is too complicated for the devs to do that then DON'T INCLUDE SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY MAKES THINGS LOOK WORSE. The sheer amount of fake motion-smoothing seen in TVs at the store these days is utterly mind-boggling. If people like soap opera effects, that's fine, it's their choice. However, if they want it, they should have to turn it on -- not the other way around. It should be OFF by default.
I agree with your underlying principle. In this case, I would expect there are technical chipset reasons why it's "locked" in some situations and not others, otherwise it wouldn't be greyed out. For example the anti-banding feature we have which is lumped inside "MPEG noise reduction". They couldn't separate it out until the next model year (2019) which has the Alpha2 chip; presumably the Alpha1 chip we have can't do those things separately. So the menu options are tied together. Speculating, obviously.

post #21084 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Max angle to Mount C8 OLED TV

Hello everyone! New to this forum and also a brand new owner of a C8 OLED, which coming up from a Vizio D60-D3, I feel like I've been watching movies wrong my entire life!

I hope this is the right place to ask this (and if it isn't please let me know!).

We recently purchased a LG OLED C8, just mounted it yesterday, and it's been quite the visual treat. It had replaced an old Vizio 1080p TV which had the VESA mounts in the middle. Since the C8's mount holes are closer to the bottom of the TV, when we had mounted it, it was at a much larger angle when we used our previous mount.

We have more modernized couches which are lower to the ground, so the viewing angle is perfect when we're sitting and watching the C8. But I wasn't sure of the weight distribution of the TV, and I just wanted to be sure the angle it was in wouldn't put too much strain on the TV over time.

Separately, it also above a gas powered fireplace, we normally only turn this on during the winter, but historically our old Vizio never got warm from it, but since this was at a slightly larger angle, do you know if this would damage the TV?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 OLED Angle.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	683.6 KB
ID:	2616894   Click image for larger version

Name:	C8 OLED Fireplace.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	2616896  
post #21085 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hello everyone!

After update 5.10.03, LG has removed the USB manual software update feature. I have figured out they did this by disabling the USB expert mode in the service menu. I would like go back to a previous firmware that I have on my USB stick. Does anybody know of a way to do that? Can it still be one via service menu/computer DNS?
post #21086 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo768 View Post
Hello everyone!

After update 5.10.03, LG has removed the USB manual software update feature. I have figured out they did this by disabling the USB expert mode in the service menu. I would like go back to a previous firmware that I have on my USB stick. Does anybody know of a way to do that? Can it still be one via service menu/computer DNS?
Can't revert back anymore

TV - LG C9, C8 & C6 - AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #21087 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 3456 Post(s)
Liked: 2508
Quote:

Interesting. I don't see any stuttering with my C8 and Real Cinema enabled.
rdgcss, mrtickleuk and Jbhur212 like this.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #21088 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Interesting. I don't see any stuttering with my C8 and Real Cinema enabled.
Stuttering on these OLEDs becomes more apparent with Real Cinema enabled. What is eliminated with Real Cinema is pulldown judder, maybe you're confusing judder with stutter. Obviously, motion perception varies from person to person, so for some of us its more of an annoyance... If you have Netflix, go to the 4minute mark of the movie RED where there is a slow panning shot.

At the end of the day the viewer has to chose between stutter or judder. The comprise is TrueMotion at low settings, but then you get into territory of soap opera effect and artifacts showing up, which is worse than the stutter.

I've gotten used to the stutter after a few weeks but certain shots like slow pans are still brutal.
post #21089 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 3456 Post(s)
Liked: 2508
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKiller View Post
Stuttering on these OLEDs becomes more apparent with Real Cinema enabled. What is eliminated with Real Cinema is pulldown judder, maybe you're confusing judder with stutter. Obviously, motion perception varies from person to person, so for some of us its more of an annoyance... If you have Netflix, go to the 4minute mark of the movie RED where there is a slow panning shot.

At the end of the day the viewer has to chose between stutter or judder. The comprise is TrueMotion at low settings, but then you get into territory of soap opera effect and artifacts showing up, which is worse than the stutter.

I've gotten used to the stutter after a few weeks but certain shots like slow pans are still brutal.
I can't argue with what you see. It is what it is. I just don't see it (and no, I'm not confusing stutter with judder) so either it doesn't happen on my C8 or I'm just not sensitive to it. Either way, it's not an issue for us.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #21090 of 21680 Old 09-17-2019, 10:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Guys what settings are people using for true motion?

Gesendet von meinem GM1913 mit Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
24p , black deformity , blu-ray , brighter corner , hdmi , hdmi audio missing , lg b8 , lg c8 , lg c8 oled , lg oled , lg oled c8 aspect , lg soundbar , light bleed , oled , soap opera effect , soe , sound bar