AVS Forum banner
4M views 26K replies 2K participants last post by  T Lee 
#1 · (Edited)
Order just placed so guess it's time for a thread.

#2 · (Edited)
Order just placed so guess it's time for a thread.
Don't the "C" and "B" use different processors? B...LG α7 Intelligent Processor. C...LG α9 Intelligent Processor. Seems just as poor a choice to put these two 2018's together in one thread, as it did in 2016...with the "B" having a different processor and no 3D. Leads to confusion and frustration. The "B" should have it's own thread. The "C" should be grouped in with the other models using α9 Intelligent Processor. Why repeat the same mistake year after year?

#3 ·
I'm with Kenbar who set up the other two threads though I question the point of already starting that B8 thread when that line doesn't even have a price or release date.

I sure hope it won't be a situation where there are 3 billion different threads on these sets.

#4 ·
I'm with Kenbar who set up the other two threads though I question the point of already starting that B8 thread when that line doesn't even have a price or release date.

I sure hope it won't be a situation where there are 3 billion different threads on these sets.
I set them up in the hope of avoiding multi threads and a repeat of confusions.

#5 ·
Don't the "C" and "B" use different processors? B...LG α7 Intelligent Processor. C...LG α9 Intelligent Processor. Seems just as poor a choice to put these two 2018's together in one thread, as it did in 2016...with the "B" having a different processor and no 3D. Leads to confusion and frustration. The "B" should have it's own thread. The "C" should be grouped in with the other models using α9 Intelligent Processor. Why repeat the same mistake year after year?
Agreed. Changed to C8 and E8 I would think the W folks would want their own. Thoughts?

#11 ·
Has anyone received these yet? I’m wondering if they fixed the dim hdr game mode and the broken hdr in pc mode.

#12 ·
Has anyone received these yet? I’m wondering if they fixed the dim hdr game mode and the broken hdr in pc mode.
not shipping yet but soon, so I doubt anyone has one yet.

#18 ·
Another month to save for the 77" :)

i have hella gift cards and amex points to use on amazon :)

#19 ·
There will never be a complete "fix" as you call it until all displays can display the entire 10,000 nit range that's already being used by many HDR games. You either clip/compress those bright details between 700-10,000 nits or you dim the entire image to keep everything visible.

According to German previews, "Active HDR" style dynamic tone mapping can now be enabled in game mode. This helped boost HDR movie brightness in 2017 sets so I suspect it will have a similar effect on most game scenes in 2018. BFI blur reduction has also been confirmed to work in game mode. Unknown what additional lag either feature introduces.