2018 SONY XBR A8F Oled Owners Thread - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 443Likes
 
Thread Tools
post #481 of 702 Old 04-17-2018, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,061
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5804
LOL, OK.

It is a new panel, but so far light output reports are the same as an A1E, or similar. LG is putting out more by pushing the panel harder I assume. The whole comment about better Motion? Don't buy it. Also, it has been said the 2018 A1E will use 2018 panels, so....

Plus, when did flatpanels becoming an authority on tv reviews? It is an A1E with a different design. People arguing over which one is a flagship need more hobbies.

Now I do agree, if you are buying now, buy the A8F. Why not? Other than that, the pissing match is OLD.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #482 of 702 Old 04-17-2018, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,061
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5804
@jrref

Got any A8F vs A1E time under your belt?

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #483 of 702 Old 04-17-2018, 10:30 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
It is actually funny people keep going at A1E vs A8F.
As someone who is just getting ready to make a purchase, this inquiry is relevant to me. I really just want to understand if there are any picture related differences that matter to me. I get the tilt/no tilt stand difference.

Just looking to by the best version available now based on the content I watch. As more folks get their hands on the A8F, it helps differentiate speculation vs real world info.

All good stuff!
themadgamer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #484 of 702 Old 04-17-2018, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 33,830
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3751 Post(s)
Liked: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
How scandalous! No bloomers for me. ;x
Not here either. I had one for a month and couldn't stand it. Luckily the price of the Samsung plasma finally dropped and I was back in video heaven.
Keenan is online now  
post #485 of 702 Old 04-17-2018, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
 
BreakPoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Florida
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman View Post
I personally am looking to newer ones which would slowly reduce the prices on the existing units!
Well I pulled the trigger and bought a 65 in. Sony A8F today, delivery on Friday. I spent a while at Best Buy viewing the C8, Z9D and also the Samsung Q9FN. All 4 are outstanding and it was hard to choose. All except the Q9FN were near each other in the dark Magnolia room. The OLED color had more saturation than the Z9D. The LEDs were brighter but the OLEDs had the contrast. If I had to rank these 4 sets, I couldn’t do it they all had their strong points. Ultimately it came down to build quality, Dolby Vision (coming soon to Sony), availability now, and acceptance of the fact that I need to live with burn in potential. The Magnolia guys even showed me their year old A1E which had burn in from a yellow rectangle on their demo selector. This showed up on normal viewing and this was obviously a set that is set to max brightness with a static pattern left up for many hours. So I am not that concerned with it. They both owned LG OLEDs. The Samsung Q9F was probably my second choice.
BreakPoint is offline  
post #486 of 702 Old 04-17-2018, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,586
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4280 Post(s)
Liked: 3704
^^That's a bit of an odd second choice based on your feature hierarchy since the Q9F doesn't have and likely won't ever support Dolby Vision (unless the build quality is really that striking, which would be surprising for a Samsung TV, though perhaps they've pulled out all the stops on this flagship).
gtbdevs likes this.
video_analysis is offline  
post #487 of 702 Old 04-17-2018, 12:59 PM
Senior Member
 
BreakPoint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: South Florida
Posts: 347
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
^^That's a bit of an odd second choice based on your feature hierarchy since the Q9F doesn't have and likely won't ever support Dolby Vision (unless the build quality is really that striking, which would be surprising for a Samsung TV, though perhaps they've pulled out all the stops on this flagship).
Well the Q9F had a good build quality but based on return rates in the LCD forum, I am concerned with Samsungs quality control. The Q9F had lots of reports of chipped screens, non working FALD, etc. I know I can return it but it is a hassle. I believe that HDR10+ will someday be out and competitive with DV. Who knows if it will be any good. The real reason it was my second choice is that I have a somewhat bright room and do a lot of daytime viewing, hence brightness is a factor. I will just keep the curtains closed on sunny days (almost everyday here in the Sunshine State is sunny )
BreakPoint is offline  
post #488 of 702 Old 04-17-2018, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,247
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3735 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakPoint View Post
Well the Q9F had a good build quality but based on return rates in the LCD forum, I am concerned with Samsungs quality control. The Q9F had lots of reports of chipped screens, non working FALD, etc. I know I can return it but it is a hassle. I believe that HDR10+ will someday be out and competitive with DV. Who knows if it will be any good. The real reason it was my second choice is that I have a somewhat bright room and do a lot of daytime viewing, hence brightness is a factor. I will just keep the curtains closed on sunny days (almost everyday here in the Sunshine State is sunny )


Congrats I am one of the few real owners here, it’s the best set I have owned by a good margin and that includes some very nice plasmas a couple of lg oleds and the latest high end lcds from Sony(940e and Z9d). Enjoy

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #489 of 702 Old 04-17-2018, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
mithras1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 832
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 284
"The basic performance seems to have changed little. The peak luminance on a 10% window comes out at 740 nits (obviously in Cinema Pro mode), which is slightly better than last year, but otherwise perfectly in line with what we see on other OLED screens. With a completely white screen, we got about 175 nits, which is slightly better than previous performance, although after a few seconds it quickly fell back to a more typical 130 nits. We could get the device so far that we saw a peak of about 950 nits (on a 2% window), which indicates that the Sony can give beautiful [high]light accents"
https://translate.google.com/#nl/en/...rie-oled-tv%2F
The mentioned improvements in the Flatpanels review could of course have simply been from firmware updates in between the time the A1 was reviewed and the AF8.
On the motion topic: they are just about the only site that has Motionflow activated in their posted settings and also about the only site to mention the micro-stutter on Samsung tv's with interlaced content so I think it's pretty safe to say they take a critical look at motion performance.
Still not available here but awaiting World Cup promo's first anyway ...
chunon likes this.
mithras1 is offline  
post #490 of 702 Old 04-17-2018, 09:46 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 23,813
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6308 Post(s)
Liked: 6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanman View Post
This whole AVSforum is full of "opinions" and y'all know what opinions are like.....I'll wait for Sony's update to see
True, bottom line is Q9FN, Z9D, any oled TV........they are all king's.......Matter of who you ask.....
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #491 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 01:27 AM
Senior Member
 
fatallerror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Scurrah View Post
they can be calibrated without the cms ,to me they r better out of the box than my lg oled ,2 they r more than bright enough for sdr ,HDR they r right in the mix at 750 .aka non issue .trust me when I tell ,motion is not important ,till it is ,I bought this set cause I hate lg motion ,coming from a zt60 ,and I still own a kuro , this af8 blows my lg oled out of the water for motion. the skin tones on my lg oled pushed red till they were calibrated by dnice .the sony out of the box has skin tones close to my kuro
I will never understand this motion thing...is it without motion interpolation? How can you guys watch a movie in cinema if you need motion interpolation so badly?
Ken Ross and video_analysis like this.
fatallerror is offline  
post #492 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 01:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7,586
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4280 Post(s)
Liked: 3704
^Don't rack your brain trying to understand something that is heavily based on subjective impressions. Those of us acclimated to stutter with no frame interpolation are blissfully lucky.
video_analysis is offline  
post #493 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 04:26 AM
Senior Member
 
knutinh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatallerror View Post
I will never understand this motion thing...is it without motion interpolation? How can you guys watch a movie in cinema if you need motion interpolation so badly?
My understanding is that the cinema uses flickering projection that is better suited to fool our vision into believing that low frame rates are actually motion. CRT did the same thing.

Most flat panel displays are "sample & hold", though. Thus the desire for digital signal processing to make the motion more believable.

My LCD display does have black frame insertion, and I prefer that mode in movies.

-k
knutinh is offline  
post #494 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 04:34 AM
Senior Member
 
fatallerror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
^Don't rack your brain trying to understand something that is heavily based on subjective impressions. Those of us acclimated to stutter with no frame interpolation are blissfully lucky.
I notice judder, stutter and other artifacts too but it doesn't mean that a tiny bit more of these makes me feel dizzy or gives headache like some people say that LG motion makes them sick....if a person is that sensitive to this then Sony's motion or any sample and hold is bad for that person.

Some people just should go outside, true HDR and color accuracy without banding is out there not on a TV screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by knutinh View Post
My understanding is that the cinema uses flickering projection that is better suited to fool our vision into believing that low frame rates are actually motion. CRT did the same thing.

Most flat panel displays are "sample & hold", though. Thus the desire for digital signal processing to make the motion more believable.

My LCD display does have black frame insertion, and I prefer that mode in movies.

-k
I can only speak about the cinemas I go but the judder is often there, nobody felt sick because of it

Last edited by fatallerror; 04-18-2018 at 04:38 AM.
fatallerror is offline  
post #495 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 05:03 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,061
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5804
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatallerror View Post
I will never understand this motion thing...is it without motion interpolation? How can you guys watch a movie in cinema if you need motion interpolation so badly?
I have a local cinema with a Christie 4K Rec 2020 projector. It's motion is "smoother" than any OLED I have owned with all that turned off, so that is how...

My LG E6 with it all off looked nothing like local professional DLP's, sorry. Now maybe you don't see it because motion is pretty subjective, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Some plasmas (didnt have frame creation to begin with) were not as good as others.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #496 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 07:31 AM
Senior Member
 
fatallerror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I have a local cinema with a Christie 4K Rec 2020 projector. It's motion is "smoother" than any OLED I have owned with all that turned off, so that is how...

My LG E6 with it all off looked nothing like local professional DLP's, sorry. Now maybe you don't see it because motion is pretty subjective, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.

Some plasmas (didnt have frame creation to begin with) were not as good as others.
I didn't say that it's not true and I said I'm noticing it but I don't need to vomit because of it

But sure, maybe I'm just not sensitive to it but I've never seen high end TVs with unwatchable picture like the special snowflakes around the web.

So yes, motion is better on Sony but that doesn't mean that other brands are terrible TVs. To be honest the best TV would be a mixture of Sony,LG and Panasonic

By the way, Flatpanels may be able to side by side compare the AF8 with the C8, sure they will say that Sony is better but when someone hear the word better then automatically think that the worse is bad. I believe to the guys who managed to compare the 2 and say that the differences are small. I don't think that you can go wrong with any of these TVs.
fatallerror is offline  
post #497 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 07:49 AM
Member
 
technoarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hola!

I ordered the 55" A8F and hope to take delivery next week. Looking forward watching some content on this beast.

I should have all of the new HDMI cables, wall mount (Sanus LL11-B1) by Monday. D-Nice is also onboard to come up to NC to calibrate whenever I get this installed.
chunon likes this.
technoarch is offline  
post #498 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 5,181
Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Liked: 5148
Regarding the discussions concerning brightness, although the LG is brighter than the Sony, you are "really" only going to be able to see the difference when the sets are next to each other. When you have nothing to compare brightness to, like in your living room, the Sony is plenty bright.

If you have a very bright room, you are going to go for a Z9D or a QF9 and not the OLED so this difference right now, is moot. We will have to see what Sony has to offer next year.
chunon likes this.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
jrref is offline  
post #499 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 33,830
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3751 Post(s)
Liked: 3443
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Regarding the discussions concerning brightness, although the LG is brighter than the Sony, you are "really" only going to be able to see the difference when the sets are next to each other. When you have nothing to compare brightness to, like in your living room, the Sony is plenty bright.

If you have a very bright room, you are going to go for a Z9D or a QF9 and not the OLED so this difference right now, is moot. We will have to see what Sony has to offer next year.
So, if you're primarily a dark room viewer the Sony will be just fine. I assume?

I'll be coming from a Chad B calibrated F8500 plasma.
Keenan is online now  
post #500 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
fatallerror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Regarding the discussions concerning brightness, although the LG is brighter than the Sony, you are "really" only going to be able to see the difference when the sets are next to each other. When you have nothing to compare brightness to, like in your living room, the Sony is plenty bright.

If you have a very bright room, you are going to go for a Z9D or a QF9 and not the OLED so this difference right now, is moot. We will have to see what Sony has to offer next year.
Which is a stupid discussion since both TVs are following the reference brightness till 700ish nits... so if something needs to be 367 nits bright then both will look the same...
jrref likes this.
fatallerror is offline  
post #501 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 11:49 AM
Senior Member
 
jasjw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, UK
Posts: 331
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Just ordered the 65inch AF8, hope I don’t regret not getting the C8.

Sony AF8 65” OLED
Onkyo HT-R390
Dune Solo 4K
SKY Q
Xbox One
jasjw is offline  
post #502 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 5,181
Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4235 Post(s)
Liked: 5148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
So, if you're primarily a dark room viewer the Sony will be just fine. I assume?

I'll be coming from a Chad B calibrated F8500 plasma.
In a dark room it may be a little too bright
Keenan and chunon like this.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
jrref is offline  
post #503 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,247
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3735 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
2018 SONY XBR A8F Oled Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
In a dark room it may be a little too bright


I can testify to that I have mine set at 40ftl for night mode and it is pretty bright with no abl .

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2

Last edited by chunon; 04-18-2018 at 02:10 PM.
chunon is online now  
post #504 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 33,830
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3751 Post(s)
Liked: 3443
I figured as much, but it's great to see you folks confirming it.
Keenan is online now  
post #505 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatallerror View Post
I will never understand this motion thing...is it without motion interpolation? How can you guys watch a movie in cinema if you need motion interpolation so badly?
motion is something I use to laugh about when I had my plasma zt60 , I never even considered it .when I was about to upgrade to oled a tv guy told me it may be a downgrade in sone areas like motion shadow detail, I laughed about both .long story short I sold the zt 60 ,bought an oled e6p ,I loved it at first then as the months went on ,motion started really getting to me ,with massive judder ,or stutter, strobing ,and u can't fix either with lg motion processing . sold the e6p ,for its motion issues ,and one band right of center I could not unsee .enter the sony ,the motion is the close to my old zt60, no banding , and the icing was a much better upscaling of cable tv . now motion is top 1 or 2 on my list of must be good.
Edllguy and fatallerror like this.

greatone99
Dave Scurrah is offline  
post #506 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
seplant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Fort Wayne, IN, USA
Posts: 845
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Congrats I am one of the few real owners here, it’s the best set I have owned by a good margin and that includes some very nice plasmas a couple of lg oleds and the latest high end lcds from Sony(940e and Z9d). Enjoy
I'm just curious (okay, also envious!), what do you do with your old sets when you buy a new one? Do you sell them? Trade them in?
seplant is offline  
post #507 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,247
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3735 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
Quote:
Originally Posted by seplant View Post
I'm just curious (okay, also envious!), what do you do with your old sets when you buy a new one? Do you sell them? Trade them in?


I sold the 940e, the Z9d went back within the return window . It was obvious after some viewing in the dark that the light bleed into the black bars was unacceptable for me. I tend to change sets frequently trying to break myself of that habit and the disease known as upgrade fever lol
Keenan likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #508 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,061
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5804
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
I sold the 940e, the Z9d went back within the return window . It was obvious after some viewing in the dark that the light bleed into the black bars was unacceptable for me. I tend to change sets frequently trying to break myself of that habit and the disease known as upgrade fever lol
yeah right. Thats like me saying I wont buy one a year LOL. Granted, the only reason to buy one right now is I want a second OLED. The A1E reminds me of my VT50, I just have no complaints.
PaulDuBious likes this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
post #509 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,247
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3735 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
yeah right. Thats like me saying I wont buy one a year LOL. Granted, the only reason to buy one right now is I want a second OLED. The A1E reminds me of my VT50, I just have no complaints.

Funny you would say that I was thinking the same thing in regards to the AF8 , it only took lcd 4 years to catch up to the vt50 black levels . shhh I am really trying to keep a set more than a year this time lol
gadgtfreek likes this.

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #510 of 702 Old 04-18-2018, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,061
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5804
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Funny you would say that I was thinking the same thing in regards to the AF8 , it only took lcd 4 years to catch up to the vt50 black levels . shhh I am really trying to keep a set more than a year this time lol
I cant see me buying anything else but the A8F. But then Sony will release a 1000 nit model next year and then we will want it LMAO.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP502S / FV15HP
gadgtfreek is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off