Originally Posted by mattg3
So this would not happen watching a movie because the screen is always filled with movement ?
Correct, movies and TV shows are fine.
Whereas sport and some games are definitely not fine, even though (I would estimate) less than 5% of the screen is static.
To summarise what I can work out from the different reports from different users:
1. Potentially affects all content and resolutions (SD or HD broadcast TV, cable, console, HTPC etc).
2. Not limited to HDR content.
3. More noticeable (or perhaps limited to?) when luminance is set to 'high'.
4. Triggered by any part of the screen remaining static for approximately 1 minute. Also possibly triggered in situations where the whole screen is moving very slowly (as per the Apple screensaver example earlier in the thread).
5. Not limited to external sources and affects internal/broadcast sources also.
all users affected applied the Feb/March firmware update(s) and no users had problems before this.