Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #31 of 37 Old 07-08-2018, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5399 Post(s)
Liked: 3824
If given the choice, I would always select an OLED that is 2 years newer. With that being said, I hope nothing goes wrong my E6. No banding whatsoever on the 1% through 5% slides. Most uniform tv I have ever owned.
chunon and Cam1977 like this.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 07-12-2018, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by twennywonn View Post
So I have an LG E6 65" and I love it. However, it has failed and will no longer power on. I can either have the E6 repaired or I have been given the option to exchange it for a Sony A8F. I'm trying to determine if the A8F is a solid upgrade because I have really enjoyed the LG E6. Is anyone versed in both models and can give me some differences I will notice? I know things like WebOS vs Android but we use Apple TVs and won't use either OS. I also know the Sony has some pretty cool sound tech but we don't use the speakers we have a great surround sound. I concerned with the picture quality difference. Also, I don't have the option for the LG 8 series OLED so that's not an option.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
stick with LG...Sony buys their panels from LG, and probably LG reserves the state of the art panels for the
LG tvs
Jay Mammoth likes this.

ONKYO RECEIVER TX-NR636
[LEFT]LG OLED 65E8PUE, LG UP870
DIRECTV HR34-700
[LEFT NVIDIA SHIELD TV
MONSTER HTD 5100 10-OUTLET POWER CENTER
post #33 of 37 Old 07-12-2018, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Why take a refurbished oled, take a new one. and a8f would look much better than a E6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 37 Old 07-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPWorld View Post
stick with LG...Sony buys their panels from LG, and probably LG reserves the state of the art panels for the
LG tvs
A8Fs have been confirmed to use the new 2018 LG panels. It's still a bit of an open question whether or not the A1Es made in 2018 use the newer panel.
lsorensen likes this.
post #35 of 37 Old 07-23-2018, 12:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I have an E6 65”. I didn’t have motion issues until firmware 25 or was it 20? Now there’s 30. Still same motion. Not terrible but I can tell it’s not as good as before 25. Perfect panel. No DSE. No banding. I game a lot. Been playing Destiny 2 a lot lately. I’m 4K HDR in my Xbox one x. No burn in. I don’t notice brightness ever change in tv or games on my E6. I have left default expert bright. When the tv changes to HDR I have default setting except dynamic contrast at high. The 30 firmware did help HDR brightness so dynamic contrast off is better then before. I like it at medium or high.

I tried the Samsung Q9FN 65” and it had banding I could see when watching f1 raving and stuff. Motion I think was a bit better then my E6 after the 25 firmware. It had some issues maybe with auto changing to game mode. Everything connected to my receiver Anthem 720 or nad t177 processor with 4K. It worked and sometimes didn’t switch. And I couldn’t set ALL on the Xbox one x and it stick. It just went off again. Maybe cus it’s through receiver. But I did think the Q9FN did have a bit better color and motion. But when Hdr kicked in with my games the Samsung barely changed. Wasn’t really noticeable. Could barely see brighter and not sure about color. Looked the same.

I tried the c8 and motion was not great and the tv made me nauseous. Default expert bright. I would feel queasy or something. Bad panel I’m thinking. But no banding or dse.

Now I’m wondering about the Sony A8f. I want to know if there’s any issue with lag in games? Is the tv in hdr much different then not hdr? I don’t like the idea of the tv controlling the brightness taking away my choice of where to set it. I want it to stay put.

Thanks.
post #36 of 37 Old 07-23-2018, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6679 Post(s)
Liked: 6675
Quote:
Originally Posted by twennywonn View Post
So I have an LG E6 65" and I love it. However, it has failed and will no longer power on. I can either have the E6 repaired or I have been given the option to exchange it for a Sony A8F. I'm trying to determine if the A8F is a solid upgrade because I have really enjoyed the LG E6. Is anyone versed in both models and can give me some differences I will notice? I know things like WebOS vs Android but we use Apple TVs and won't use either OS. I also know the Sony has some pretty cool sound tech but we don't use the speakers we have a great surround sound. I concerned with the picture quality difference. Also, I don't have the option for the LG 8 series OLED so that's not an option.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
Depending how much it cost to repair the E6, you could repair it and Flip it for some big $$$. Those babies are worth some cash as they are 3D.....
post #37 of 37 Old 07-29-2018, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I got the A8f yesterday and it’s in box going back.

It’s not as bright as my E6. Colors are not as good and saturated as my E6. It will not change picture mode to game when gaming. It will not change picture mode when I go back to tv. You have to do that manually every single time. So that tv for me at least totally bites the big one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page