Anyone move from a top LED to a 77C8? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 67Likes

post #31 of 72 Old 09-01-2018, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Anyone move from a top LED to a 77C8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltinaz View Post
Oh yeah; surprisingly so, because I was getting a bit nervous reading all the posts about the C8 vs. the top LED’s. I was actually starting to talk myself into reconsidering my decision.

But now that I’ve had it running for a couple days, it has PLENTY of brightness, and I’m just using the preset picture modes with no major adjustments. And that is with the blinds normal, or slightly drawn. And at night, or in the AM, I can’t imagine needing MORE brightness.

I plan on watching football most of the day today, so that will be a good test on, A. Motion performance with sports, and B. Brightness during daytime viewing in a bright room. I’ll report back on that later; maybe post some pics if I remember.

But to net it out, zero issue...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are some pics that demonstrate (I hope!) how nice this panel is in a relatively bright room. See my comments above about how I was getting worried about it, with all the obsessing about how it’s not “as bright” as an LED, and how it’s best suited for a dark/blacked out room. Well, zero...ZERO...issue...this thing looks GREAT in the middle of the day, and you all know how it looks at night, in the dark.

If you are on the fence about getting a C8 (mine is a 77C8) or a top LED because you have a bright room, FEAR NOT! Get the best...get the OLED!

Some info and caveats:
- The blinds are at halfway, so there is a fair amount of light in the room. I can pull them all the way, but don’t often do, and wanted to show the pics in a brighter room.
- Picture setting is ISF Expert Bright, modified per the Rtings recommendations
- Please don’t rip my set up...it’s temporary. The OLED will be going above the mantle, where the Vizio 80” is right now, on a MantleMount MM540. The pulled-down viewing position will be slightly back and above what you see here (for the OLED).
- On the one dark diving scene, your will notice a lot of reflections. It is what it is - there are small upper kitchen windows, with blinds, behind our seating position. During the day, on dark scenes or content, reflection from those is unavoidable. At night, not an issue. But the OLED definitely reflects more than my Vizio, or an LED.
- Blame any issues you see with the pics or color on my poor iPhoneX photo taking skills. I just wanted to give you a sense of what it looks like, and it’s close enough. Nothing has been edited.

Here goes...

________

LG OLED 77C8PUA...stunning!
LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W

Last edited by waltinaz; 09-01-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 72 Old 09-01-2018, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked: 1546
^^^ Terrifc and congrats! OLEDs definitely have no issue with bright rooms!
bala_gamer, SL600, Cam1977 and 4 others like this.

LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, LG 55E6, LG 55UB8200, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s, WD 4TB NAS
Nvidia Shield, Wii U, Playstation 3
post #33 of 72 Old 09-01-2018, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Was lurking around the forum exactly for this info , good to know c8 has more brightness in living room conditions..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
waltinaz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 72 Old 09-01-2018, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltinaz View Post
Here are some pics that demonstrate (I hope!) how nice this panel is in a relatively bright room. See my comments above about how I was getting worried about it, with all the obsessing about how it’s not “as bright” as an LED, and how it’s best suited for a dark/blacked out room. Well, zero...ZERO...issue...this thing looks GREAT in the middle of the day, and you all know how it looks at night, in the dark.

If you are on the fence about getting a C8 (mine is a 77C8) or a top LED because you have a bright room, FEAR NOT! Get the best...get the OLED!

Some info and caveats:
- The blinds are at halfway, so there is a fair amount of light in the room. I can pull them all the way, but don’t often do, and wanted to show the pics in a brighter room.
- Picture setting is ISF Expert Bright, modified per the Rtings recommendations
- Please don’t rip my set up...it’s temporary. The OLED will be going above the mantle, where the Vizio 80” is right now, on a MantleMount MM540. The pulled-down viewing position will be slightly back and above what you see here (for the OLED).
- On the one dark diving scene, your will notice a lot of reflections. It is what it is - there are small upper kitchen windows, with blinds, behind our seating position. During the day, on dark scenes or content, reflection from those is unavoidable. At night, not an issue. But the OLED definitely reflects more than my Vizio, or an LED.
- Blame any issues you see with the pics or color on my poor iPhoneX photo taking skills. I just wanted to give you a sense of what it looks like, and it’s close enough. Nothing has been edited.

I think you may have convinced me the contrast is there. The 77C8 looks great and it 2 more inches. Do remember I am coming from a 75Z9D, which is a lot closer to the 77C8, but it does not have that absolute black thing down like OLED's. Thanks for the pics too!
waltinaz likes this.

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
post #35 of 72 Old 09-01-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post
I think you may have convinced me the contrast is there. The 77C8 looks great and it 2 more inches. Do remember I am coming from a 75Z9D, which is a lot closer to the 77C8, but it does not have that absolute black thing down like OLED's. Thanks for the pics too!

It is most definitely there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #36 of 72 Old 09-01-2018, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post
Well I was a b6 owner and went to 75" z9. LG has fixed alot of what I hated

For movies would rather have oled - for games rather have z9

The hdr you get in the z9 is stunning. Games use the 4k and hdr incredibly well (unlike most 2k UHD disks with peak brightness of 400 nits)

The off angle viewing will be much better on oled
Same way I feel. With movies I was not blown away with the z9d hdr, played god of war hdr and I think gow on the z9d is some of the best hdr I have seen to date. I own an ez950 but playing gow on it feels something is missing , not the same punch. For movies in dark room, the ez950 is still king, outside of a jvc projector and a 120"+ screen. Currently there isn't a display I find that does everything best.
sjchmura likes this.

Last edited by JLaud25; 09-01-2018 at 09:42 PM.
post #37 of 72 Old 09-01-2018, 09:41 PM

@waltinaz your room isn't overly bright, when some people refer to a bright living room, they are talking of conditions where they have sunlight falling directly on portions of the screen from a window to the left or right, for those use cases a tv with higher peak brightness like a vizio quantum pq would do better. Your room from the pictures you posted looks closer to a 'mid' lit room rather than a really bright one.
post #38 of 72 Old 09-01-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaud25 View Post
@waltinaz your room isn't overly bright, when some people refer to a bright living room, they are talking of conditions where they have sunlight falling directly on portions of the screen from a window to the left or right, for those use cases a tv with higher peak brightness like a vizio quantum pq would do better. Your room from the pictures you posted looks closer to a 'mid' lit room rather than a really bright one.

Understood, and I certainly don't have direct sunlight on the screen. That said, it gets brighter in there when I open up the blinds, and brighter, still, when the sun is lower in the sky during the winter months. I've always considered it a "bright" room, though I can see how it could actually be "mid-bright".

Alot of what I was worried about stemmed from people talking about how if you didn't have a windowless room or blackout curtains, then maybe LED would be better. But OLED clearly shines in my room, and would be able to handle quite a bit brighter, also. My hope is that people who are evaluating this issue for their needs will gain additional real world input and context.

You'll also note, from looking at my room, why off-angle viewing is very important to me. And that is only OLED, even with the best LED's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #39 of 72 Old 09-01-2018, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

In all honesty, if you have a top notch TV or any TV for that matter, you are not going to want direct sunlight hitting your set, not matter what it is LED or OLED. My 75Z is a light cannon with a semi gloss panel and I would never want direct sunlight or an overly bright room while I am watching TV. I am in an end unit with 270 degrees of light and will use the blinds accordingly to adjust the light if I want to watch TV. Again that is critical no matter what type of set you watch. Now it may be less critical with a bright LED like a 65PQ, QFN or Z9D, but it is still important to tone down the light for a viewing session.
Gillietalls and waltinaz like this.

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
post #40 of 72 Old 09-01-2018, 11:32 PM

^No it's not an ideal tv viewing environment that wasn't the point, some people have those conditions in the living rooms and I have personally seen them, and those conditions are what they are describing when they are referring to having a 'bright' living room. for people like that, a 2000 nit display is a better performer than a 900 nit display. Oled is fine for 'mid' brightness room, though you only maximize the black advantage of oled in a dark room. Basic rule is, the intensity of light coming from your tv should be higher than the intensity of ambient light in your room for you to enjoy the picture, if it's the other way round then that is a problem.
waltinaz likes this.
post #41 of 72 Old 09-02-2018, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Basic rule is, the intensity of light coming from your tv should be higher than the intensity of ambient light in your room for you to enjoy the picture, if it's the other way round then that is a problem.

That’s a great rule of thumb, and pretty much what I intuitively strive for, at least when I am serious about whatever particular content I am watching. Great point!

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #42 of 72 Old 09-02-2018, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Well LG just dropped the retail price of the 77C8 by another $1,000. It is now the same Msrp as the 75Z9D. They are gunning for the premium market at all sizes! Not sure if this affects the wholesale price though.
waltinaz and BuGsArEtAsTy like this.

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
post #43 of 72 Old 09-02-2018, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Well LG just dropped the retail price of the 77C8 by another $1,000. It is now the same Msrp as the 75Z9D. They are gunning for the premium market at all sizes! Not sure if this affects the wholesale price though.
Interesting. I see that in the US LG's sanctioned retail pricing is now $6999. Not bad for full retail.

Retail for the 77C8 in Canada is still CAD$9999 though as of today. No drop.
post #44 of 72 Old 09-02-2018, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2356 Post(s)
Liked: 923
Quote:
Same way I feel. With movies I was not blown away with the z9d hdr, played god of war hdr and I think gow on the z9d is some of the best hdr I have seen to date. I own an ez950 but playing gow on it feels something is missing , not the same punch. For movies in dark room, the ez950 is still king, outside of a jvc projector and a 120"+ screen. Currently there isn't a display I find that does everything best.

Yes. Outside of the fanboys I think most would agree oled for movies and z9 for games. You just can’t beat that full screen punch with snow covered mountains, dark shadows from the caves.... god of war and horizon zero dawn are just stunning achievement in story telling, systems , and visual/ audio design. It’s a shame uhd movies (even planet earth) fail to be graded in such ways

DocACE911 on Steam, XBOX, PS4
"Kill Cancer or Die"
Custom Z9 Game Settings For SDR and HDR
Sony 75" Z9, Denon X4200, Definitive Technologies BP7002 + 9.1 ATMOS, PSV 18" sub
Loving Wife and 4 year old Son who tolerate this expense!
post #45 of 72 Old 09-03-2018, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1015
waltinaz, many thanks for your comments and pictures. I have room brightness very similar to yours, perhaps a shade brighter at certain times of the day, and was wondering whether I would need the brightness or extra punch of an LED. But I'm coming from a plasma and really want the black levels of the OLED. So your post has helped put my fears to rest.
waltinaz likes this.
post #46 of 72 Old 09-03-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
waltinaz, many thanks for your comments and pictures. I have room brightness very similar to yours, perhaps a shade brighter at certain times of the day, and was wondering whether I would need the brightness or extra punch of an LED. But I'm coming from a plasma and really want the black levels of the OLED. So your post has helped put my fears to rest.

Glad to provide some helpful info for you! I wanted to post as much detail as I could, because it’s cited as one of the major considerations in going with OLED vs. LED, and in practice, it’s really a non-issue for me, and I believe, for most.

________

LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #47 of 72 Old 09-03-2018, 08:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4298 Post(s)
Liked: 3723
Bumping this thread since the LCD bods in that Sony 2018 announcement told me this can't possibly be true!
Cam1977 and Gillietalls like this.
post #48 of 72 Old 09-04-2018, 06:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have my OLED in a relative bright room and brightness, or lack therof, has never been an issue.
Cam1977, Gillietalls and waltinaz like this.
post #49 of 72 Old 09-04-2018, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6679 Post(s)
Liked: 6675
Quote:
Yes it effected wholesale pricing, but dealers got the better price in advance this time around......
BuGsArEtAsTy and Cam1977 like this.
post #50 of 72 Old 09-05-2018, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Well the 940D was supposed to be the least brighest of the recent top 75" sets Sony made, but if the 77C8 is still keeping up that's great. I recently sold my 65E6 too. It was not too bright either but still looked great.

Let us know, when the 77C8 arrives how the two sets compare. Curious as to what you think especially as to whether you will miss the brightness of the 75Z.

Didn't believe the 75Z was much better until I got it, but if you don't want to pay 77C8 money I would say wait for the Z9D's to go on clearance and pick one of those up cheap. I do not miss my 940C at all especially compared to the 75Z, even though the 940C was still a great set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer28 View Post
I should have the C8 on 09/05 so I will definitely let you know. I honestly don't anticipate stark differences, but I do anticipate being able to utilize the sets in their respective areas of strength based upon use case.
I guess the question now becomes, "Will the student become the teacher?". I'm excited about the C8, but lurking in the background is a technical monster (Z9D) the likes of which I haven't enjoyed since my Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD. The C8 has some big shoes to fill. Let's see how it goes over the next 4-5 days.

That camera view really exaggerates the glare on the Z9D. It's nowhere near that in actuality. Strange ...........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2353.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	2451286  
Gillietalls and Cam1977 like this.

Last edited by hummer28; 09-05-2018 at 12:27 PM.
post #51 of 72 Old 09-05-2018, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I guess the question now becomes, "Will the student become the teacher?". I'm excited about the C8, but lurking in the background is a technical monster (Z9D) the likes of which I haven't enjoyed since my Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD. The C8 has some big shoes to fill. Let's see how it goes over the next 4-5 days.

That camera view really exaggerates the glare on the Z9D. It's nowhere near that in actuality. Strange ...........

Cool, congrats! Once you get the 77C8 setup, let us know your initial impressions on both of these TV's. If you can somehow keep both setup, that would be the best way to evaluate both. I did this for my Kuro 151 vs ZT60 battle.
Cam1977 likes this.

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
post #52 of 72 Old 09-05-2018, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3751
Quote:

Congrats on that beast...and btw, very clean setup you got their!
WOLVERNOLE likes this.
post #53 of 72 Old 09-07-2018, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Any impressions thus far?

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
post #54 of 72 Old 09-07-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
Congrats on that beast...and btw, very clean setup you got their!
Thanks! The simpler the better for now until I get a dedicated media room. Then, things get interesting .........
post #55 of 72 Old 09-07-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Any impressions thus far?
First, let me say that these quick observations include an out of the box C8 with no settings manipulated except the energy saving mode. The Z9D more or less has settings by an awesome contributor on AVS that I have tweaked slightly to my preference in a few different modes.

My initial thoughts on the C8.

1. The OS is absolutely perfect for me. It’s not overly indulgent and is quick and nimble. It misses the mark a bit on available apps vs some other brands, but I tend to vascilate between the same 3 or 4. That will change now that I have an OS on a television that’s a bit more useable and consistent than Android on the Sony. I will do less app viewing through my Apple TV (4K).

2. Initially (right out of the box), I was concerned that brightness was going to be an issue. I didn’t adjust any settings right out of the box on the C8 and neglected to turn the energy saving mode off. After doing this, it made a huge difference. While the Z9D is simply a brighter television especially during HDR viewing I feel the C8 adds more depth of field if that makes any sense. It’s not a night and day difference by any stretch, but to me the C8 adds a bit of lagniappe (something extra) as we say in Louisiana. I’m sure this has more to do with the absolute blacks of the C8.

3. I have A/B’ed roughly twenty of the same 4K demos across both sets. For my preference, the C8 delivers a better picture in 70% of those. Again, I think this very much can be attributed to the black levels on the C8. I find that most that I prefer have really dark/black scenes.

I’m going to do some A/B work on both sets from my Oppo UDP-203 this weekend. I’m trying not to create too many biases up front, but if I had to bet I’m sure I will prefer the C8 for darker scenes and the Z9D for exceedingly bright content. I have yet to play any video games on the C8, but I did pickup Spider-man today on the PS4 Pro. I also have God of War I need to break the seal on.

Basically, I haven’t had enough time to say that either set distances itself completely, but let’s just say I feel really good about the first date with the C8.

I will say that my wife and housekeepers saw the C8 in gallery mode. In this mode the television basically turns into an art piece like a painting or high art photo and their eyes nearly popped out of their head. It literally looks like a real picture/painting complete with high contrast framing and the like. My wife, a non-curser, dropped an oh "$hi*". The housekeepers went and got a few others from the back of the house to come look at it. That made me feel real good, LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3300.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	2452394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0201.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	2452398   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5857.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	2452402   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9060.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2452404  

Last edited by hummer28; 09-07-2018 at 06:28 PM.
post #56 of 72 Old 09-07-2018, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
First, let me say that these quick observations include an out of the box C8 with no settings manipulated except the energy saving mode. The Z9D more or less has settings by an awesome contributor on AVS that I have tweaked slightly to my preference in a few different modes.

1. The OS is absolutely perfect for me. It’s not overly indulgent and is quick and nimble. It misses the mark a bit on available apps vs some other brands, but I tend to vascilate between the same 3 or 4. That will change now that I have an OS on a television that’s a bit more useable and consistent than Android on the Sony. I will do less app viewing through my Apple TV (4K).

2. Initially (right out of the box), I was concerned that brightness was going to be an issue. I didn’t adjust any settings right out of the box on the C8 and neglected to turn the energy saving mode off. After doing this, it made a huge difference. While the Z9D is simply a brighter television especially during HDR viewing I feel the C8 adds more depth of field if that makes any sense. It’s not a night and day difference by any stretch, but to me the C8 adds a bit of lagniappe (something extra) as we say in Louisiana. I’m sure this has more to do with the absolute blacks of the C8.

3. I have A/B’ed roughly twenty of the same 4K demos across both sets. For my preference, the C8 delivers a better picture in 70% of those. Again, I think this very much can be attributed to the black levels on the C8. I find that most that I prefer have really dark/black scenes.

I’m going to do some A/B work on both sets from my Oppo UDP-203 this weekend. I’m trying not to create too many biases up front, but if I had to bet I’m sure I will prefer the C8 for darker scenes and the Z9D for exceedingly bright content. I have yet to play any video games on the C8, but I did pickup Spider-man today on the PS4 Pro. I also have God of War I need to break the seal on.

Basically, I haven’t had enough time to say that either set distances itself completely, but let’s just say I feel really good about the first date with the C8.

I will say that my wife and housekeepers saw the C8 in gallery mode. In this mode the television basically turns into an art piece like a painting or high art photo and their eyes nearly popped out of their head. It literally looks like a real picture/painting complete with high contrast framing and the like. My wife, a non-curser, dropped an oh "$hi*". The housekeepers went and got a few others from the back of the house to come look at it. That made me feel real good, LOL.

I understand perfectly when you say the C8 has more depth, I call in more dimensionality. I believe OLED's have this advantage because of their superior black levels. This is my main reason for getting the 77C8 to replace my 75Z. That dimensionality cannot be beat. Keep up the good work and post more side by side photos if you can!
WOLVERNOLE and shyguy3763 like this.

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
post #57 of 72 Old 09-08-2018, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 715 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
How many housekeepers do you have?!?

I just converted a friend's wife. A friend has been trying to convince his wife that they "need" an OLED. Given they already have a couple of LCD TVs, she wasn't having it. "How much better can it really be?" Then the next time they were over, I showed him my new C8. He quickly ushered his wife over to have a look. Her response was "Now I understand."

That said, although my wife thinks the picture of the C8 is great, she is still sad of the loss of our 90" projector image. Going from 90" to 65" is a big drop. 77" would be less of a shock though, esp. since we've moved the image location 2 feet closer. I just couldn't justify spending near 3X as much on the 77".
post #58 of 72 Old 09-08-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I understand perfectly when you say the C8 has more depth, I call in more dimensionality. I believe OLED's have this advantage because of their superior black levels. This is my main reason for getting the 77C8 to replace my 75Z. That dimensionality cannot be beat. Keep up the good work and post more side by side photos if you can!
I will get some side-by-side photos up today hopefully. I picked up a new term in my description now, "dimensionality". That pretty much hits the nail on the head!
post #59 of 72 Old 09-08-2018, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked: 1546
Quote:

The C8 actually looks brighter than the Z in the last pic. The perceived contrast on these OLEDs are no joke!
waltinaz likes this.

LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, LG 55E6, LG 55UB8200, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s, WD 4TB NAS
Nvidia Shield, Wii U, Playstation 3
post #60 of 72 Old 09-08-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post
How many housekeepers do you have?!?

I just converted a friend's wife. A friend has been trying to convince his wife that they "need" an OLED. Given they already have a couple of LCD TVs, she wasn't having it. "How much better can it really be?" Then the next time they were over, I showed him my new C8. He quickly ushered his wife over to have a look. Her response was "Now I understand."

That said, although my wife thinks the picture of the C8 is great, she is still sad of the loss of our 90" projector image. Going from 90" to 65" is a big drop. 77" would be less of a shock though, esp. since we've moved the image location 2 feet closer. I just couldn't justify spending near 3X as much on the 77".
I just realized how ridiculous "housekeepers" sounded. It's a modest crew of 4-5 for our modest ranch home. They swoop in like a special forces team and before I know it the entire house is completely changed. I couldn't imagine going from 90" to 65". That is a huge change, HUGE. I had a 90" Sharp unit years ago and as bad as the motion was, I still miss that size. The price of the 77" is dropping across all channels it seems so who knows, you may be able to do a quick sale and buy. I purchased the 77" C8 a few weeks ago thinking it wouldn't drop to that price for months. I saw yesterday that a couple of companies already have it at that price point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page