2018 Sony A9F Master Series OLED Owner's Thread - Page 95 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2468Likes

post #2821 of 3289 Old 06-17-2019, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Some people wait to long thinking that, then watch the price go back up as supply is almost gone....
This is true. If you load a price tracker for Amazon and look at the pricing you can see this on a graph.

Sony XBR65A9F, Denon X4400H, Sony UBP-X1000ES, Apple TV 4K, Denon DCM-444, Verizon FIOS, Harmony Elite. Dolby ATMOS implemented by Klipsch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 3289 Old 06-17-2019, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Some people wait to long thinking that, then watch the price go back up as supply is almost gone....

It already went down another $200 the day after I posted that question. Was $1798 at B&H yesterday
post #2823 of 3289 Old 06-17-2019, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1311 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by papatoony2 View Post
Quote:

It already went down another $200 the day after I posted that question. Was $1798 at B&H yesterday [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]
Damn I bought mine in Jan at retail but got a few hundred off with gift cards! I would have waited but I sold my 930C to a friend and left myself with no tv lol

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos sound bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2824 of 3289 Old 06-17-2019, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Why is the LED on the bottom of the TV flashing amber all of a sudden? Sony's web page says it means the TV is on some kind of timer. How do I turn this off?

Sony 55A9F
LG 55B6
post #2825 of 3289 Old 06-19-2019, 09:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 264
When asked if the new A9G remote works with the A9F, the RTINGS lads responded with:

Quote:
We tested the new remote on the A9F, and once paired over Bluetooth it does work, and no longer requires line-of-sight to the TV. We weren’t able to get voice control working through the new remote though. Older remotes had to be paired over Bluetooth for the voice control function to work, but still required line-of-sight for all commands. The [new] remote’s model code is RMF-TX600U.
Anyone else try that with similar results? If the voice commands don't work on the A9F through a new A9G remote, I suppose you could still use the built-in microphone near the screen for such commands (with all the warnings about Google always listening). Anyway, it sounds like you can upgrade the remote and it'll generally work. Of course, you'll pay 40-50 bucks for this new remote, and there are probably better/cheaper solutions if you can't stand the existing one.
post #2826 of 3289 Old 06-19-2019, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 32
My A9F was delivered on Monday. A bit of a learning curve, but the picture is great. I did have to cover my rear slider, as when the set has a black background it is a mirror. Set is reporting firmware is up to date but the last kernel and security patches were in February.

I do have an existing issue somewhere in the mix between the A9F and my Yamaha 3070 (eArc firmware upgrade installed). Occasionally when I switch from the smart tv home screen to hdmi 3 input the video switches but I do not get sound unless I go into my input setting on the Yamaha and get out (not doing anything except that). I did notice once when I turned the system on with my Harmony for my Tivo feed it started fine with picture and sound, but a few seconds later the sound turned off. I rechecked settings and I have had it happen a few times. My AppleTV reports my new Monoprice certified cable as fine for DV and 4K.

Running all my external boxes through Yamaha 3070 to A9F with eArc set to auto on tv and CeC on for Yamaha (no sound otherwise for tv apps). I control the external box activation and operation through my Harmony hub. The TV due to lack of Harmony remote support (missing commands and no time to teach it right now) I use the Sony remote. I have synced my PS4 Pro and AppleTV 4k and that feature works fine.

Intermittent issues are such a pain. I think the common thread is the TV is on the home screen when I switch to an external source. Switching from external source to home screen does not affect sound. Any thoughts?

PSN: maleficent127
post #2827 of 3289 Old 06-19-2019, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
Quick question for Owners. I'm possibly looking at 65A9F at bestbuy open box customer return. The lady over the phone says the stand is missing. Other than that it's in good shape. Is that even possible though? Doesn't the stand house the Subwoofer, the mounting holes, etc? If it is missing, can it be replaced. Thanks in advance!
I bought a local return, Sony "Grade-C" 65A9F, a few weeks ago for 1K. There is only one "major" problem from the box sticker (the line read: "line on LCD [sic]"), which I found to be minor and unnoticeable when viewing- a single horizontal black line almost at the very bottom of the panel. Not even fully black, as parts of the line change colors with the picture/are transparent. The panel does not have any shutoff issues- my main concern- and looks amazing, coming from a Kuro.

Anyway, the one I bought didn't come the base stand extender, and no back covers, only the panel. Since I'm going to mount it, it doesn't matter. I just need to find a substitute for the WM screw to secure the electronics housing to the panel for mounting. I have seen a couple of the extenders on ebay for 100-200, but they don't come up often.

Also, your former PRO-101FD is still doing just fine.
Even better, since I set RSTP voltage to 002, which was evidenced to be D-Nice's black level "tweak" on the 50" Kuro 9.5G's.
Still a fantastic display and I'm not giving it up!
post #2828 of 3289 Old 06-19-2019, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange1Rob0t View Post
I bought a local return, Sony "Grade-C" 65A9F, a few weeks ago for 1K. There is only one "major" problem from the box sticker (the line read: "line on LCD [sic]"), which I found to be minor and unnoticeable when viewing- a single horizontal black line almost at the very bottom of the panel. Not even fully black, as parts of the line change colors with the picture/are transparent. The panel does not have any shutoff issues- my main concern- and looks amazing, coming from a Kuro.

Anyway, the one I bought didn't come the base stand extender, and no back covers, only the panel. Since I'm going to mount it, it doesn't matter. I just need to find a substitute for the WM screw to secure the electronics housing to the panel for mounting. I have seen a couple of the extenders on ebay for 100-200, but they don't come up often.

Even better, since I set RSTP voltage to 002, which was evidenced to be D-Nice's black level "tweak" on the 50" Kuro 9.5G's.
Hey Buddy,

Glad to hear the Kuro is still treating you well. I never felt brave enough to try those voltage tweaks. Glad it worked out for you. I wish I kept my ZT60 . I Sold it to get my first Oled. For 1080p they were about as good as you can get, I wish I kept it for another room. My A9f arrives tomorrow so I'm looking forward to getting it set up. That's great you found such a good deal on yours and are happy with it! I'll report back once I get mine up and running.
post #2829 of 3289 Old 06-19-2019, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootymonger View Post
When asked if the new A9G remote works with the A9F, the RTINGS lads responded with:

Anyone else try that with similar results? If the voice commands don't work on the A9F through a new A9G remote, I suppose you could still use the built-in microphone near the screen for such commands (with all the warnings about Google always listening). Anyway, it sounds like you can upgrade the remote and it'll generally work. Of course, you'll pay 40-50 bucks for this new remote, and there are probably better/cheaper solutions if you can't stand the existing one.

Though there are better solns, this is still great news, because i would prefer to have/use a Sony remote. Now the question is: How do I get that remote into pairing mode? Anyone?
post #2830 of 3289 Old 06-19-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:

Though there are better solns, this is still great news, because i would prefer to have/use a Sony remote. Now the question is: How do I get that remote into pairing mode? Anyone?
post #2831 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:

Hey,
How can one buy the A9G remote ? (online options if possible)

I'm willing to pay the bucks and test it (the A9F remote is truly a rubbish one...)

Thanks
post #2832 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Note that another difference between the A9F remote and A9G remote is the Picture Off button, which isn't on the A9G remote. I use it sometimes if I'm stepping out of the room for a bit, but still want to listen to what's on.

Can anyone confirm that the Settings button on the A9G remote opens the Quick Settings menu on the A9F? Do any universal remotes do that? Aside from line-of-sight, which is really annoying on the A9F remote, the Quick Settings menu is the other feature I'd like on my A9F.
OGauge4Me likes this.
post #2833 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 02:02 PM

Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdkind View Post
Note that another difference between the A9F remote and A9G remote is the Picture Off button, which isn't on the A9G remote.
That's a complete deal-killer for me. I use that button ALL THE TIME on my LED Sony Bravia and cannot fathom why they'd nix it on an OLED where it's much more necessary. Instead of turning my Bravia on and off multiple times a day I just turn the pic on and off as needed.
post #2834 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1185 Post(s)
Liked: 1103
Quote:
That's a complete deal-killer for me. I use that button ALL THE TIME on my LED Sony Bravia and cannot fathom why they'd nix it on an OLED where it's much more necessary. Instead of turning my Bravia on and off multiple times a day I just turn the pic on and off as needed.

There is no picture off button on the remote, but it’s on the quick settings menu on the a9g. Two taps instead of one but it’s very easy. I use it every time i pause something. Or you can use an older Sony remote on the a9g, works just fine.
post #2835 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
There is no picture off button on the remote, but it’s on the quick settings menu on the a9g. Two taps instead of one but it’s very easy. I use it every time i pause something. Or you can use an older Sony remote on the a9g, works just fine.

Good to know, thanks.

If I could confirm that the A9F supports the Quick Settings menu, I'd order an A9G remote.
post #2836 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdkind View Post
Good to know, thanks.

If I could confirm that the A9F supports the Quick Settings menu, I'd order an A9G remote.

Not currently but hopefully after a future software update it will be. It’s basically a skin on top of Oreo, and it replaces the action menu skin.
post #2837 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
My A9F remote doesn't have a picture off button, so the A9F Vs A9G comparison isn't valid for that case - I have to go action-menu then button down to select picture off, about 4 button presses. Not user friendly, but also not really onerous. I've got a harmony remote, so will get around to programming an action for it at some stage.

Sony XBR-65A9F, Sony UBP-X700, Denon AVR-890 (cooled by AC Infinity AIRCOM T10), Apple TV 4K, HDFury Vertex, B&W 600 series & LM1s in 7.1 config, Harmony Elite
post #2838 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsngaiouser View Post
My A9F remote doesn't have a picture off button, so the A9F Vs A9G comparison isn't valid for that case - I have to go action-menu then button down to select picture off, about 4 button presses. Not user friendly, but also not really onerous. I've got a harmony remote, so will get around to programming an action for it at some stage.

My z9d remote has a pic off button and it works with my a9g. Pretty sure it works with the A9f as well. May want to check eBay for an older Sony remote?
post #2839 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Because there is no hdmi2.1, it can not achieve 4K 120 Hz display. What a pity
post #2840 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky-watsher View Post
Hey,
How can one buy the A9G remote ? (online options if possible)

I'm willing to pay the bucks and test it (the A9F remote is truly a rubbish one...)

Thanks
Search rmf-TX600U on eBay.com. "Pre-owned" nice ones in $40+ range, new in the $52+ range.

Yeah, it would be nice if A9F got firmware to add that quick menu and make voice work through this new remote.

Regarding the pic off button, I suppose any remote that can be trained could add that feature if you had access to an original remote with that button. Or, for $18 you can get an imposter version with the pic off button or $27+ for an original (search rmf-tx300u on eBay for the old version with pic off).

Last edited by bootymonger; 06-20-2019 at 07:51 PM.
post #2841 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 09:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1987 Post(s)
Liked: 3824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange1Rob0t View Post
You are wrong. I still have the original Pioneer engineering program to do what I still do with Kuros.
post #2842 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
You are wrong. I still have the original Pioneer engineering program to do what I still do with Kuros.
There are several members on this forum that know a lot more than I do who have claimed that sets which you calibrated subsequently had RSTP set to 002. That is the evidence. I'm not saying that's all you did to lower black level, but it has an immediate and measurable effect according to my results and many discussions on here. Provide some evidence to the contrary if I'm wrong.
post #2843 of 3289 Old 06-20-2019, 10:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsngaiouser View Post

Did the A9F ship with different remotes? The Pic Off button is on the bottom right on my remote.
post #2844 of 3289 Old 06-21-2019, 04:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi,

I would kindly ask help from owners of Sony A9F.
I am located in Europe and I have just received an offer of 10% discount here to get Sony 55AF9 for 1900 Euros that is $2148.
I was hoping to wait until Black Friday in November, but I was informed that until then chances are high that A9F will not be available anymore in EU. Also I am a little disappointed by Sony next generation OLED A9G, so it is not an option.
Also I am in doubt because the next one in my list LG OLED 55E8 is at a good price too - $1550. LG is $600 cheaper at almost the same specs. I know Sony X1 Ultimate processor is way better than LG Alpha. But it is pretty high difference of $600 between A9F vs LG B8.
So what do you recommend? to go and get the proffered A9F now, or to wait until November in the hope it will be cheaper but risking to not find it.
I know welll the technical specs, I love the A9F quality the most of all the sets, not doubt about that.
My highest request for the TV set is to have the highest Color Gamut coverage available, that is the Rec.2020 coverage. From what i know it is 75% Rec2020 coverage and 99% DCI P3 for both sets.
So what would you recommend?

Please advise.
Thank you.
post #2845 of 3289 Old 06-21-2019, 04:05 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesna2ubi View Post
Hi,

I am located in Europe and I have just received an offer of 10% discount here to get Sony 55AF9 for 1900 Euros that is $2148.

I was hoping to wait until Black Friday in November, but I was informed that until then chances are high that A9F will not be available anymore in EU. Also I am a little disappointed by Sony next generation OLED A9G, so it is not an option.

Also I am in doubt because the next one in my list LG OLED 55E8 is at a good price too - $1550. LG is $600 cheaper at almost the same specs. I know Sony X1 Ultimate processor is way better than LG Alpha. But it is pretty high difference of $600 between A9F vs LG B8.

So what do you recommend? to go and get the proffered A9F now, or to wait until November in the hope it will be cheaper but risking to not find it.

I know welll the technical specs, I love the A9F quality the most of all the sets, not doubt about that.

My highest request for the TV set is to have the highest Color Gamut coverage available, that is the Rec.2020 coverage. From what i know it is 75% Rec2020 coverage and 99% DCI P3 for both sets.

Please advise.

Thank you.

I can almost guarantee there won’t be any in November. Stocks are drying up in the UK now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cesna2ubi likes this.
post #2846 of 3289 Old 06-21-2019, 09:07 AM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesna2ubi View Post
Hi,

Please advise.
Thank you.

Two other points you need to evaluate in the pricing is the quality of the set build including components used and service after the sale. I realize everyone's needs are different and your past history with a brand may be different than mine.
cesna2ubi likes this.

Sony XBR65A9F, Denon X4400H, Sony UBP-X1000ES, Apple TV 4K, Denon DCM-444, Verizon FIOS, Harmony Elite. Dolby ATMOS implemented by Klipsch.
post #2847 of 3289 Old 06-23-2019, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Ok, mine got delivered today, plugged in and streaming Netflix/amazon prime. Are there you tube videos that are recommended for breaking the tv in?
post #2848 of 3289 Old 06-23-2019, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Question for A9f owners who have had this set since it first came out. Has any firmware that has released since you got your set dim down the tv or increase abl at all? I’ve seen this happen on other oleds, where a firmware update gimped either overall brightness or made abl more aggressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #2849 of 3289 Old 06-23-2019, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 66
New A9F Owner - A Few Questions

Hey all!

I recently got the deal of a lifetime on the Sony A9F Master Series 65 inch OLED TV from Best Buy. Long story short, they had it as an open box deal for $1899. I thought this was way too good to be true, so I went to look at it and spoke to the Magnolia manager. The TV was only on display for 3 months, still had the plastic on it, was in absolute mint condition, we ran the tests for banding/burn in/etc in the store, zero issues, all perfect. Included all accessories including the remote, etc. Brought it home, hooked it up, literally perfect.

So, that’s the good news !

Now for some background:

I have been a diehard LG OLED owner for years. I started off with the LG C6 3D OLED, then upgraded to the B7 OLED in the living room and have the C7 upstairs in the bedroom. All have worked brilliantly, no issues, etc. In the bedroom I use an NVidia shield and in the living room we used a Roku Ultra with it. When this deal came along I couldn’t pass it up and put the A9F in the living room. The plan was to use the Android TV interface for the primary streaming, etc., however I also had an unused Apple TV 4K to use for certain apps that are better on Apple’s box (e.g. the Hulu app, etc.).

My Current Setup:

I have a PS4 Pro in HDMI # 1, a Nintendo Switch in HDMI # 2, a Vizio 5.1 Surround Sound Soundbar in HDMI # 3 (ARC), and I had a 4K box in HDMI # 4 so I could use the Apple TV 4K and any other things I wanted to plug in (e.g. a PS3, other consoles, etc.). I decided I wasn’t really going to use the 4K box for now, so instead I just unplugged that and have the HDMI # 4 cable going directly to the Apple TV 4K (so lossless signal at that point). I did activate the Sony version of “Deep Color” through the Settings menu on the HDMI inputs I am using 4K HDR devices on (in this case, HDMI # 1 and HDMI # 4).

First Issue:

With my LG OLED I never had sound issues - ever. With this TV so far we have had at least six instances where the sound has come out of sync with what is playing on the TV. This is regardless if it is the PS4, the Android TV interface streaming an App, or the Apple TV 4K. To resolve the issue, all we need to do is go to Settings —> About —> Restart and also reboot the device we are using. That fixes the issue. It’s very intermittent, and it’s maddening. I reached out to Sony and they were of little assistance. They sent me an article to visit on their website which explained 4 workarounds. My device is recognized under the Bravia Sync, I did switch it from Surround Sound to TV Speakers, rebooted it, etc., and that did fix it, but again over time it seems to just come back. So, that is my first issue - sound will go out of sync. Does anyone have any insights how to resolve this?

Second Issue:

Using my Apple TV 4K with an Amazon Basics High Speed HDMI cable on my LG C7 OLED TV in the bedroom, I have ZERO issues. I can run everything, no issues, in 4K SDR, 4K HDR, 4K Dolby Vision, etc. The tag pops up in the upper right corner of the display when it switches to a different Dynamic Range like it always has, etc. Zero problems. When I tried plugging in the Apple TV 4K into either HDMI # 1 or HDMI # 4 I experienced the same issue. When the Apple TV asked if I wanted to move to Dolby Vision I said yes, the screen would go dark, Dolby Vision tag shows up in the upper right corner, and almost immediately there is flashing, popping, snow on the screen, etc. I tried two separate HDMI cables, experienced the same issue. I got so frustrated with it I took it back upstairs to the bedroom last night with the cable. Worked perfectly. Hmm, ok. So, I did some research and it seems like for this TV it is highly recommended to use the Belkin High Speed HDMI Cable from Apple/Amazon (the one that does like 48Gbps). So, I bought it today but haven’t hooked it up yet. It was a super expensive cable ($29) and way more than I normally would spend on a 10 or 18Gbps cable from Monoprice or Amazon. Has anyone else experienced this issue with the Apple TV at all? If so, did you have to switch this Belkin High Speed HDMI cable, and did that resolve it?

Third Issue:

Is it me, or does this TV seem... dim? Maybe it’s me, I don’t know, but I feel like the LG is much brighter. Don’t get me wrong - there are some scenes (like the IMAX 4K app, watching a movie I got from there, or a Netflix planet/nature special where it seems bright). It just seems like day-to-day use it is quite a bit dimmer than the LG OLED. Is this normal for this TV?

Fourth Issue:

I enabled “Ok, Google” on the TV and the little orange light shows up that it is always listening. That’s good. Sometimes, though, the TV freaks out if I press the button on the remote or something and the orange light goes away, only having the white “Power” light activated on the front panel. I have to completely reboot the TV to make the orange light come back so it is listening again for “Ok, Google”. This doesn’t seem normal. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so is there a workaround to fix it?

Last Issue:

The remote that comes with this TV is, for lack of a better term, absolutely awful. It has a bajillion buttons and I wanted to use something a bit more simple (akin to a Roku Remote, Apple TV 4K Remote, Fire TV 4K remote, etc.). I bought a few aftermarket ones on Amazon, both use USB dongles. As soon as I plug in the USB dongle it completely disables the onscreen keyboard (GBoard). There are a few Sony help articles that talk to this how to fix it, none of them work. While working with Tech Support they wanted me to download and enable the “Leanback” Keyboard. I tried to explain to them that GBoard replaced the Leanback keyboard. Instead, I had to download another 3rd party keyboard from the App Store (LeanKey I think it was called) and that did resolve the issue and the keyboard came back so that is a temporary fix for now. Since the Voice button on the 3rd party remotes don’t work whatsoever, are there any remotes you have come across that are 3rd party which work with this TV, both the Leanback / GBoard issue resolved and the mic button also works? It just seems odd that it doesn’t work. I even tried a Bluetooth version of the remote that I got and it did sync to the TV only twice, but as soon as you power off the TV and back on (hard boot, not the soft power button/sleep) it forgets the connection, you have to try and re-pair it, and then it won’t pair again. It is hard enough to try and pair the first time - it’s extremely finicky.

In closing, I’m a bit of a TV junkie and love OLED TVs. I’ve had this TV for two weeks now and I am starting to feel like it’s more trouble than it’s worth and I made a mistake not getting the LG 65 OLED C8/E8 or the Vizio P Quantum X 65. If anyone has any tips/tricks/suggestions/etc., I’m all ears. I’m pretty keen on Android TV since I’ve owned a Shield since 2015 and love the interface. I am just worried that since this is my first Sony OLED I may have made a mistake.

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help. I do appreciate it very much!

Last edited by Sven A Blomsterberg; 06-23-2019 at 05:36 PM.
post #2850 of 3289 Old 06-23-2019, 08:46 PM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven A Blomsterberg View Post
Third Issue:

Is it me, or does this TV seem... dim? Maybe it’s me, I don’t know, but I feel like the LG is much brighter. Don’t get me wrong - there are some scenes (like the IMAX 4K app, watching a movie I got from there, or a Netflix planet/nature special where it seems bright). It just seems like day-to-day use it is quite a bit dimmer than the LG OLED. Is this normal for this TV?
For your third issue,could you please elaborate when(for example,SDR or HDR?) you feel that the TV is too dim?
As far as I know,the most accurate preset "Custom" set the peak Luminance to medium in SDR,which limit the screen to around 200~250nit.
Also I remember that Gamma is set to -2 ootb,you may want to set back to 0.

I am not sure what setting you are using in your previous LG OLED,but it may be the reason.

I am a new A9F owner which came from the SONY X9300E, comparing to the X9300E,I find that Custom preset for SDR is dimmer but acceptable.
For HDR,beside of the ABSL(auto dimming when static HUD elements detected) and high APL scene, I don't see any issue yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
master series , oled , sony a9f

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page