2018 Sony A9F Master Series OLED Owner's Thread - Page 98 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2466Likes

post #2911 of 3287 Old 07-02-2019, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micolash View Post
If you haven't already, I would experiment with the reality creation setting. I used to have it off because I figured you were just supposed to turn off all artificial image enhancements, but I've been playing around with the manual resolution slider and so far it has made a very noticeable difference in image clarity without any detriment to PQ (unless I literally max it out). 1080p content really looks like native 4K now, and even native 4K video looks much more clear now (tested 4K movies through itunes and also 4K HDR demo material on youtube). It even benefits games and doesn't affect input lag. This is a tremendous feature and to my surprise looks completely natural.
Interesting, I will give it a try. Where have you settled on with the slider?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 3287 Old 07-02-2019, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello All, I posted this in another part of the forum asking for help a couple moths ago before I bought an A9F.

I currently have a sony str-dn1080 receiver w/earc.
I am planning on getting a Sony Oled A9g w/earc.(replacing older Sony 1080p w/arc)
I am planning on getting Sony UBP-X800M2 blu-ray player. (replacing older Panasonic blu-ray)
I use a Tivo Bolt via cable.

I would like to be able to use my 5.1 audio at times for audio/video via HDMI.
I would also like to use the TV without 5.1 for sound using TV speakers.

I currently have HDMI connections from the components to the receiver via 4K HDMI cables then earc out to the TV.

What would be the best way to wire the connections to accomplish the switching?

Update to this older thread.
This function is built in to the action menu of the A9f under speakers. Choose TV or audio system.

In addition I have connected Sony WH-L600 via optical output on the TV. When I choose TV speakers it outputs sound to both the speakers and Headphones simultaneously. If I the hit the muting button sound is only heard on Headphones. The best of both worlds.

Dennis
post #2913 of 3287 Old 07-02-2019, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmccall View Post

Sony 55A9F
LG 55B6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2914 of 3287 Old 07-02-2019, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi

I have an XBR65AF9, great TV.

I have a few questions about figuring out what is being fed to the set.

WHAT RESOLUTION IS THIS STREAM?
For example, I use the Smithsonian Plus streaming app; is there a way to tell what resolution the stream I'm watching is? The <DISPLAY> button on the remote shows this info for an HDMI input, but not on a stream from an app.

WHAT FLAVOR OF HDR IS THIS?
Is there a way to tell what flavor of HDR a given stream is using?

THANKS FOR ANY REPLIES
post #2915 of 3287 Old 07-03-2019, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmccall View Post
A good way to judge this is to use a sharpness pattern to check for ringing or other artifacts. I set my slider to 30 because anything beyond that added visible ringing to sharpness patterns. You might be able to push it a bit further in actual content without noticeable artifacts.
post #2916 of 3287 Old 07-13-2019, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 32
So I guess I am stubborn. I like the labeled inputs for each of my devices and associated picture settings. I also like using the Sony remote to control my devices, so I can use the Sony remote for the internal apps and my external devices. I had it working before, but was having audio HDMI switching issues from time to time. I ended up unplugging the power cords to my receiver and tv and when I started back up the TV lost all the input HDMI settings for my devices (the sync menu and labeled ports) and tv remote no longer controls the devices. I moved my AppleTV 4k from my receiver to the TV HDMI2 port and it works now with the Sony remote. The issue is the Yamaha receiver and attached devices not being seen for control purposes.

As a last ditch effort I decided to reseat the HDMI cable between the TV and my Yamaha 3070 receiver. Now the receiver, PS4, and Fios cable box were all recognized. The remote could control volume on my receiver and control the PS4 menus. I decided the Fios box would require me to do the blaster implementation, which I was going to delay. After using this for a couple hours it just stopped working again. The receiver and all it's connected devices disappeared from the TV input selection and the external device listing. No idea how this happened. Could this point to my HDMI cable? I tried to reseat, multiple tiimes with no luck.

I am using monoprice UHD 4k certified cables with ethernet support (all new cables). Longest cable is 10ft. I have restarted tv, but have not done a reset. I hate to do that, since I did get it working. My TV is still in return window, if it points to a hardware issue.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Figured it out. Either my receiver output 1 port has an issue or my cable connector. I tried resetting again and with a gentle press downward and all is working as expected. All devices found and controlled including set top using blaster. Not sure if I should try a different brand of cable as connector might fit better?

PSN: maleficent127

Last edited by lennyp; 07-14-2019 at 10:35 AM.
post #2917 of 3287 Old 07-15-2019, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Now that I'm about to have my TV calibrated in just over a month, I'm noticing vertical banding more on low light / panning shots

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0nih...XXfoN1oFA#Home

https://share.icloud.com/photos/05XW...RoqrTevAQ#Home

I had originally decided not to run tests / obsess over this issue, but now that I notice it more, I'm wondering if I did so poorly with the panel lottery
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5D34DAAE-7A70-4C98-BDC2-1569B35D27FF_1563241419482.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	2591196   Click image for larger version

Name:	9F61126D-52B3-4396-8FBB-6B0951ADC824_1563241432846.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	2591198  

Last edited by Meinhard1; 07-16-2019 at 12:14 PM.
post #2918 of 3287 Old 07-15-2019, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hey all, just bought an a9f that was marked as third party refurbished. I'm worried it was a floor model and/or used heavily, but upon checking the service menu's "<usage hours> - <boot count> - <panel hours>" triplet, it indicated it was new (0). Can this be trusted? Is there any refurbishment/reset process where these numbers can be reset back to 0?
post #2919 of 3287 Old 07-16-2019, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4614 Post(s)
Liked: 5609
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogardon View Post
Hey all, just bought an a9f that was marked as third party refurbished. I'm worried it was a floor model and/or used heavily, but upon checking the service menu's "<usage hours> - <boot count> - <panel hours>" triplet, it indicated it was new (0). Can this be trusted? Is there any refurbishment/reset process where these numbers can be reset back to 0?
That timer is reset when you do a factory reset so it's not reliable.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #2920 of 3287 Old 07-16-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
That timer is reset when you do a factory reset so it's not reliable.
You mean factory reset via the android tv menu? I tried it but looks like the numbers were not reset. It wouldn't surprise me if there's some extra special factory reset though...

where did you read about these numbers being reset?
post #2921 of 3287 Old 07-16-2019, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4071 Post(s)
Liked: 3799
The fact that it's a refurbished display could mean that the panel itself or any of the electronics could have been replaced resulting in the timer being reset to 0. You would need to know what specifically was refurbished to get an idea of how much wear and tear it may have.

Or you can just plug it in and if it looks good, go with it!
post #2922 of 3287 Old 07-16-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
The fact that it's a refurbished display could mean that the panel itself or any of the electronics could have been replaced resulting in the timer being reset to 0. You would need to know what specifically was refurbished to get an idea of how much wear and tear it may have.

Or you can just plug it in and if it looks good, go with it!
Here's the 5% grey. I'm kind of bummed it doesn't look that great
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7026.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	274.0 KB
ID:	2591528  
post #2923 of 3287 Old 07-16-2019, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Here’s a strange one for you experts out there. I have a 65” A9F connected to a Denon X6500H. I control my system, which also includes a Tivo Mini and Apple TV 4K, with a Harmony Hub and Elite remote. The Harmony controls the A9F via IP instead of infrared. On to occasions I have seen the message “Registration Cancelled” pop up on the A9F when hitting the “Off” button on the Harmony. After this, the Harmony no longer controls the A9F, even though the Harmony still shows as a registered IP control device on the A9F. To get it to work again, I have to delete the Harmony from my A9F, delete the A9F from the Harmony, add it back and re-program each of my activities.

Any thoughts on what’s happening that would cause the A9F to cancel the registration of the Harmony?

(I will cross post this on the Harmony group as well).
post #2924 of 3287 Old 07-16-2019, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Here's the 5% grey. I'm kind of bummed it doesn't look that great
Banding and tinting, but I’ve seen much worse.

If you're talkin, you ain't learnin.
post #2925 of 3287 Old 07-17-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi59 View Post
Banding and tinting, but I’ve seen much worse.
The banding has gotten better, but the tinting remains on the left. It's a red tint so it quite obvious on 100% white or yellow patterns. Does this get better or am I just going to have to live w/ it?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_7034.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	2592088  
post #2926 of 3287 Old 07-18-2019, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
The banding has gotten better, but the tinting remains on the left. It's a red tint so it quite obvious on 100% white or yellow patterns. Does this get better or am I just going to have to live w/ it?
I’ve yet to see an Oled without some degree of red and/or green tint to it. I even checked 3 family members Oleds. All had red tint. 2 of them had tint on the left and very bottom edge going horizontally and the other had red tint on the right over a rather large area. My first Sony A9G had both red and green which made for an uneven image while watching b&w movies or shows. My replaced A9G is better but still has a red tint on the bottom left section. It’s harder to see it in a store display unit since those are usually in well lit areas and are in vivid+ mode which kind of hide the tinting more. But I would stand there watch for hours sometimes and I can still tell with certain scenes that they had the issue too. I’m sure there are some sets out there that have little to none of the tint, but those would be the exception.

It doesn’t show up with most content, especially movies. Some tv commercials will expose it though. I’ve just come to accept it and 95% of the time, I don’t even notice it.

It won’t likely get better. I did a manual pixel refresh on my first oled that had it and it did help eliminate the intensity of it but that’s about it.

If you're talkin, you ain't learnin.
post #2927 of 3287 Old 07-18-2019, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbja View Post
My a9f (that I purchased in September) is dead .

A few nights ago, the picture collapsed into a thin red line about 1/4 of the way down from the top. After a few seconds, it rebooted itself. The android logo came up, then it went dead and started a 4 red LED flash sequence.
I Finally received my replacement TV yesterday; Sony replaced it. The new one seems to be happy in its new home. Since I didn't want an a9g, I had to wait (quite) a while for BB to pull an a9f from another store.

What isn't happy is the Harmony Elite remote for that room was working just fine up until I ran the software update on the TV (I was using it to do all the setup and component verification). When I came back after the TV software update, none of the physical buttons worked on the remote anymore. The actions work, but the buttons don't work with any component. I'm not getting the hepatic feedback either. I'm hoping that Logitech support can pull something out of their hats for this one.

Sony XBR65A9F | Denon AVRX4300H | Klipsch R110SW | Apple TV 4k | TiVo Bolt+ | Tivo Roamio Pro | Panasonic DP-UB820 | Harmony Elite | AC Infinity T9 | Samsung UN40MU6290
post #2928 of 3287 Old 07-19-2019, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
My last post came out glitchy. Wondering opinions on my 5 percent grey image. Really inclined to not overthink this. Though it is noticeable with low light panning shots especially
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2D09BA11-3DF3-4422-850D-EDD7B7B70B01_1563572847940.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	2592614  

Last edited by Meinhard1; 07-19-2019 at 03:48 PM.
post #2929 of 3287 Old 08-02-2019, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 44
a few NewB questions

Hello all, I just got my 55" yesterday and I'm running on very little sleep having played with it much of the night. I had a couple of questions:

1. what's the best way to peel the EPA sticker?
https://imgur.com/PzLp2mR

2. I have a marantz NR1710 receiver and a Apple TV 4K. When the TV was plugged directly into the Apple TV 4K, I was prompted to enable Dolby Vision and the TV briefly showed the Dolby Vision Logo. When I ran the ATV 4K through my marantz, I was again prompted to enable Dolby Vision. This time, however, the screen went blank and said 'no input signal'. I cannot get the ATV to work with Dolby Vision when going through my receiver. I currently have it set to this:

https://imgur.com/0s8LUkh

Some people have said that these issues have to do with the HDMI cable itself. Will this cable solve my problems? Is there a cheaper alternative lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

3. How do I playback my 4k HDR remux mkvs?

I tried last night putting a movie on my flash drive and plugged it directly into the TV's USB port. The native player recognized it right away and started playing it back. But I only have a 64gb flash drive. I'd like to use Plex...

My Plex server runs on a Synology NAS so it cant transcode anything, or would I want it to. I tried the Plex client on both my Apple TV 4K and the android TV version built into the TV; neither will stream 4K without upgrading to their PlexPass experimental player.

I have a Surface Pro (5th Gen) Model 1796. It has 1 video out port, which looks like a mini-DP. I have a mini-DP to HDMI cable. I'm wondering if I can just plug this into my TV into HDMI1, and boot up the Plex Media Player client on my surface and if that will output my movies to the TV in 4K HDR. Or do I have to do something special or mess with the video settings or is what I'm asking not even possible. I'm at work so I currently don't have a way to test this, just hoping for some insight on my new toy.

Thank you

Last edited by ou8thissn1; 08-02-2019 at 08:33 AM.
post #2930 of 3287 Old 08-02-2019, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1475 Post(s)
Liked: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou8thissn1 View Post
Hello all, I just got my 55" yesterday and I'm running on very little sleep having played with it much of the night. I had a couple of questions:

2. I have a marantz NR1710 receiver and a Apple TV 4K. When the TV was plugged directly into the Apple TV 4K, I was prompted to enable Dolby Vision and the TV briefly showed the Dolby Vision Logo. When I ran the ATV 4K through my marantz, I was again prompted to enable Dolby Vision. This time, however, the screen went blank and said 'no input signal'. I cannot get the ATV to work with Dolby Vision when going through my receiver. I currently have it set to this:

Some people have said that these issues have to do with the HDMI cable itself. Will this cable solve my problems? Is there a cheaper alternative lol

I tried last night putting a movie on my flash drive and plugged it directly into the TV's USB port. The native player recognized it right away and started playing it back. But I only have a 64gb flash drive. I'd like to use Plex...

My Plex server runs on a Synology NAS so it cant transcode anything, or would I want it to. I tried the Plex client on both my Apple TV 4K and the android TV version built into the TV; neither will stream 4K without upgrading to their PlexPass experimental player.

I have a Surface Pro (5th Gen) Model 1796. It has 1 video out port, which looks like a mini-DP. I have a mini-DP to HDMI cable. I'm wondering if I can just plug this into my TV into HDMI1, and boot up the Plex Media Player client on my surface and if that will output my movies to the TV in 4K HDR. Or do I have to do something special or mess with the video settings or is what I'm asking not even possible. I'm at work so I currently don't have a way to test this, just hoping for some insight on my new toy.

Thank you
2. The NV1710 should support DV, but you must turn on enhanced mode on the HDMI on both the AVR and the TV to get the full HDMI 2.0 bandwidth.

3. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/su...3atechspecstab is HDMI 2.0. Most DP to HDMI adapters are not.
ou8thissn1 likes this.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #2931 of 3287 Old 08-02-2019, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ou8thissn1 View Post

Thank you
Best of luck with your new A9F!

I had issues with my AppleTV 4K going through my receiver and directly connected to HDMI 2. Passed the HDMI and Dolby tests, but when exiting streaming content I was getting blackouts and even pink noise. I had to stop using my new Monoprice UHD certified cables and have switched to

Monoprice HDMI High Speed Cable - 6 Feet - Silver, [email protected], HDR, 18Gbps, 36AWG, YUV 4:4:4 - Ultra Slim Series

and

6.5ft 8K HDMI 2.1 Ultra High Speed 48Gbps Cable Compatible with Apple TV Roku Netflix Playstation Xbox One X Samsung Sony LG .

Everything has been faster (I believe handshake wise) and no signal issues.

These cables were giving me problems:

Monoprice Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, 4K @ 60Hz, HDR, 18Gbps, 28AWG, YUV 4:4:4, 10ft, White
2 of Monoprice Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, HDR, 3ft - White

PSN: maleficent127
post #2932 of 3287 Old 08-02-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennyp View Post
Best of luck with your new A9F!

I had issues with my AppleTV 4K going through my receiver and directly connected to HDMI 2. Passed the HDMI and Dolby tests, but when exiting streaming content I was getting blackouts and even pink noise. I had to stop using my new Monoprice UHD certified cables and have switched to

Monoprice HDMI High Speed Cable - 6 Feet - Silver, [email protected], HDR, 18Gbps, 36AWG, YUV 4:4:4 - Ultra Slim Series

and

6.5ft 8K HDMI 2.1 Ultra High Speed 48Gbps Cable Compatible with Apple TV Roku Netflix Playstation Xbox One X Samsung Sony LG .

Everything has been faster (I believe handshake wise) and no signal issues.

These cables were giving me problems:

Monoprice Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, 4K @ 60Hz, HDR, 18Gbps, 28AWG, YUV 4:4:4, 10ft, White
2 of Monoprice Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable, HDR, 3ft - White

With my current cables, mine will not pass the Dolby Vision test when both the ATV and TV are hooked up through the receiver. It will pass the Dolby Vision test when the ATV is directly hooked up to the TV. So you have your ATV connected to HDMI 2 input on the Sony? I assume you have your AVR hooked up to the Sony via HDMI 3 (eARC) ?

I currently have HDMI CEC enabled on all of the devices and they seem to work together quite well. I'm afraid of hooking the ATV up directly to the TV and breaking CEC. Or is the way you have it set up the best way to handshake dolby vision with TV?

Last edited by ou8thissn1; 08-02-2019 at 09:47 AM.
post #2933 of 3287 Old 08-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Dolby Vision continues to look really dark on this TV. I know people have said it was fixed in a FW update but I could barely make out was going on in Endgame. Even switching to DV bright made barely any difference. I switched my ATV output to 4K HDR and turned off DV and now DV movies are MUCH brighter.

My only concern is since I am outputting HDR at all times, will that negatively impact native SDR content?

Sony 55A9F
LG 55B6
post #2934 of 3287 Old 08-02-2019, 12:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micolash View Post
Dolby Vision continues to look really dark on this TV. I know people have said it was fixed in a FW update but I could barely make out was going on in Endgame. Even switching to DV bright made barely any difference. I switched my ATV output to 4K HDR and turned off DV and now DV movies are MUCH brighter.

My only concern is since I am outputting HDR at all times, will that negatively impact native SDR content?
I think if you set the Apple TV to 4K SDR and turn on Match Frame Rate and Content (or whatever it's called, can't remember at the moment) it'll show SDR content as SDR and fall back to HDR10 for DV content.
post #2935 of 3287 Old 08-02-2019, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdkind View Post
I think if you set the Apple TV to 4K SDR and turn on Match Frame Rate and Content (or whatever it's called, can't remember at the moment) it'll show SDR content as SDR and fall back to HDR10 for DV content.
No just tried that. 4K SDR Range On Frame On forces DV on netflix for example even when I haven't even enabled Dolby vision in ATV4K menu. Must be some kind of bug. 4K HDR range ON Frame Off does however works for forcing HDR10 on DV content on a sony AF8 oled and keeps SDR intact. I guess what is lost is the native 24p from netflix this way.
post #2936 of 3287 Old 08-02-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan1 View Post
No just tried that. 4K SDR Range On Frame On forces DV on netflix for example even when I haven't even enabled Dolby vision in ATV4K menu. Must be some kind of bug. 4K HDR range ON Frame Off does however works for forcing HDR10 on DV content on a sony AF8 oled and keeps SDR intact. I guess what is lost is the native 24p from netflix this way.
Looks like forcing HDR on SDR content makes the colors more washed out and dull. I think I will just keep the usual settings and just manually force HDR10 when I'm watching DV content. It's just two settings I have to change in the ATV menu.

Sony 55A9F
LG 55B6
post #2937 of 3287 Old 08-02-2019, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4614 Post(s)
Liked: 5609
Quote:
The tinting may get a slight bit better over time but will never go away unfortunately.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #2938 of 3287 Old 08-02-2019, 07:18 PM

I was attempting to play a 4k HDR file in the mkv format from my flash drive. The film was playing fine, no issues with video, but certain audio tracks in the MKV container literally sound choppy (cuts in and out very quickly), specifically DTS HD MA. I have an eARC compatible receiver (marantz NR1710) and I enabled eARC in the TV's settings, so that's not the issue. Is this related to the hdmi cable itself? Do I need to get a 48gbps cable?

Last edited by ou8thissn1; 08-03-2019 at 07:16 AM.
post #2939 of 3287 Old 08-03-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
2. The NV1710 should support DV, but you must turn on enhanced mode on the HDMI on both the AVR and the TV to get the full HDMI 2.0 bandwidth.

3. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/su...3atechspecstab is HDMI 2.0. Most DP to HDMI adapters are not.

I did turn on Enhanced mode on both devices. Still didn't work. I asked on the Denon thread and the most knowledgeable person there said 'oh just leave it as SDR and enable "frame range and content match" on your ATV and it'll auto send DV stuff. Then I asked a Marantz service rep on reddit and they said it was most likely an EDID HDMI handshake issue and the 'easy' fix would be to route the ATV directly into the TV and then use eARC to get audio to the Marantz, which is what I'm doing now and it seems to be working, but I'd prefer/am confused why if all 3 devices are DV complaint, why the marantz is failing to work right.

If I get that adapter, do you know how and what settings to enable to get HDR working on a surface?
post #2940 of 3287 Old 08-04-2019, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdkind View Post
A good way to judge this is to use a sharpness pattern to check for ringing or other artifacts. I set my slider to 30 because anything beyond that added visible ringing to sharpness patterns. You might be able to push it a bit further in actual content without noticeable artifacts.
What is the default sharpness setting (not reality creation) supposed to be? 50 (out of the box setting) seems to add artifacts and I’ve reduced it to 7. I don’t want any additional sharpness added by the T.V.

JVC DLA-x550 Projector | 140 Inch Matte White Screen | Polk 7.1 System: TSi 300, CS20, DSW500 | Marantz sr6011 receiver
OPPO UDP-203 | Sennheiser RS 175 Wireless Headphones
LG 55inch Passive 3D TV | Sony HTiB 5.1 | Apple TV 3 |
Philips Hue mood lighting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
master series , oled , sony a9f

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page