Originally Posted by Gialandon
Hi just got the 55fz950.
Couple of issues I'm hoping one of the wise gurus on here can help with.
1. Plex streaming. Can't seem to stream 4k, my server doesn't recognise the tv as bieng 4k and starts to transcode which causes buffering. Works great on my other devices so maybe there's a setting on the TV or plex app I've missed?
2. Judder. I'm noticing some judder or it seems like skipping/blurriness when the camera pans quickly. I've been watching Netflix via the app on the TV mainly and can notice it on the blue planet 2 when animals are running over the savannah or other fast movement over a bright background. Very annoying.
Hopefully there's an easy fix for these
I find the motion blur/stutter sometimes happens with 60hz content, and not so much on 24hz content, its a subjective thing, some people are more sensitive to it than others.
Try the following under menu:
- Make sure the TV has the latest firmware update > under network > software update v.2.074 (latest Canadian version), will differ per region.
- Under picture: “Motion picture setting” - try using some of the presets - the higher you increase it the more of a "soap opera" effect you'll get, start with "minimum" setting.
- Under advanced picture: Black frame insertion > on/off (this is suppose to help with motion blur, but turning it on will increase flicker, most ppl notice the flicker, some don't, I personally keep it off as it does bother my eyes)
As for the Plex app on the tele, try:
+Settings > video > allow direct play
+Maximum h.264 level > recommended
+Try connecting the TV via ethernet vs WIFI.
Also try testing playing some content via external sources/media players vs the built in apps and see how that goes, I have no issues with plex playing from my Nvidia Shield or Apple TV 4k (all hardwired), and connected to HDMI ports 1 & 2 (full bandwidth ports).