2019 lg oleds - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 Old 11-26-2018, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 4,630
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2242
2019 lg oleds

Any rumors out there? I guess we might get more info closer to CES. I am wondering if there will be anything worth waiting for? I doubt HDMI 2.1 is making it this year.

Having just sold my E6, I am probably picking up an E8 but still wondering if 2019 might bring something worth holding out for...

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
drewTT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 60 Old 11-26-2018, 03:48 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 555
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 162
a grossly overpriced 8k oled, among the 4k models dont expect much changes, no major panel improvements (still bottom emission oled, aka no major peak brightness improvement), lg might have its processing a bit more improved and a separate option for smooth gradation.
jrref likes this.

Last edited by JLaud25; 11-26-2018 at 03:52 PM.
JLaud25 is offline  
post #3 of 60 Old 11-26-2018, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 4,630
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2242
Yeah my thoughts too. No thanks on 8K. Sounds like my dream OLED with major boost in HDR brightness is still years away.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
drewTT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 60 Old 11-26-2018, 04:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
What are the rumored timelines for a top emission LG OLED release? I currently have a 55" B6 and told myself I won't upgrade until a top emission panel is released.
Michael Wegehaupt is offline  
post #5 of 60 Old 11-26-2018, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,932
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1114 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wegehaupt View Post
What are the rumored timelines for a top emission LG OLED release? I currently have a 55" B6 and told myself I won't upgrade until a top emission panel is released.
A rumor I heard, from me self in a dream, 2019 will the year of 8K roll outs. LG's focus will be all about bringing the 88', 77" and 65" 8K's to market. Expect little in the way of improvements in their low resolution 4K technology. Maybe a few minor changes.

They have a winning 4K formula $$$$, no point in messing with it. Just as we see manufactures putting no efforts out to improve 1080 TV's. Just slide them down to the bargain basement sales floor. Probably will quit making 4K in a couple years.

Only 4K Oleds that will be in demand are the 2016 3D models...worth a small fortune they will be going forward.


Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.

Last edited by Kenbar; 11-26-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Kenbar is online now  
post #6 of 60 Old 11-26-2018, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
A rumor I heard, from me self in a dream, 2019 will the year of 8K roll outs. LG's focus will be all about bringing the 88', 77" and 65" 8K's to market. Expect little in the way of improvements in their low resolution 4K technology. Maybe a few minor changes.

They have a winning 4K formula $$$$, no point in messing with it. Just as we see manufactures putting no efforts out to improve 1080 TV's. Just slide them down to the bargain basement sales floor. Probably will quit making 4K in a couple years.

Only 4K Oleds that will be in demand are the 2016 3D models...worth a small fortune they will be going forward.

The one thing I am pretty certain about is that LG will not be releasing a 65" 8K WOLED in 2019 using bottom-emission, since it is not possible.

They will be releasing an 8K 88" WOLED in 2019, probably based on the bottom-emission panel they have already demonstrated.

But they certainly cannot scale their bottom-emission 8K WOLED Technology down to 65" (and probably not down to 77" either) and I expect the 2019 88" 8K WOLED to be primarily a 'for-bragging-rights-only' product this next year and not aimed at achieving any real volumes of sales.

We'll see on both too-emission and HDMI2.1 - LG has been exceptionally quiet and may have a rabbit or two to pull out of their hat in 2019.

A year ago, DSCC claimed that LGD already had pilot production of 3K/month of top-emission in place and forecasted that they would be launching 10K/month mass-production of top-emission in 2019: https://www.displaysupplychain.com/b...cost-reduction

"DSCC estimates that LGD has a pilot capacity of 3k / month of top emission capacity as of today, with plans to increase that to more than 10k / month, and mass production on E4-2 starting in 2019."

We should know what surprises LG has or does not have in store for 2019 in less than two months now...
gorman42 likes this.
fafrd is offline  
post #7 of 60 Old 11-26-2018, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,028
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2453 Post(s)
Liked: 1174
In 6 weeks we will know

Shopping List:
TV: LG C9/C10, or Samsung Q90R, or Sony ...
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820, or Pioneer Elite LX500, or Sony X800M
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
New24K is offline  
post #8 of 60 Old 11-26-2018, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,932
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1114 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
The one thing I am pretty certain about is that LG will not be releasing a 65" 8K WOLED in 2019 using bottom-emission, since it is not possible.

They will be releasing an 8K 88" WOLED in 2019, probably based on the bottom-emission panel they have already demonstrated.

But they certainly cannot scale their bottom-emission 8K WOLED Technology down to 65" (and probably not down to 77" either) and I expect the 2019 88" 8K WOLED to be primarily a 'for-bragging-rights-only' product this next year and not aimed at achieving any real volumes of sales.

We'll see on both too-emission and HDMI2.1 - LG has been exceptionally quiet and may have a rabbit or two to pull out of their hat in 2019.

A year ago, DSCC claimed that LGD already had pilot production of 3K/month of top-emission in place and forecasted that they would be launching 10K/month mass-production of top-emission in 2019: https://www.displaysupplychain.com/b...cost-reduction

"DSCC estimates that LGD has a pilot capacity of 3k / month of top emission capacity as of today, with plans to increase that to more than 10k / month, and mass production on E4-2 starting in 2019."

We should know what surprises LG has or does not have in store for 2019 in less than two months now...
Well, you could be right. In all honesty I had ladies all around me in that same dream...wanting me badly. And of course when I woke up..just the cat wanting to be fed. So...

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.
Kenbar is online now  
post #9 of 60 Old 11-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
TravisPNW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 919
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
Expect little in the way of improvements in their low resolution 4K technology.
I'm gonna try using that line when my Dad comes and visits in April. He's 66 and has never seen an OLED.

I'm gonna be like "Dad, come check out this reference quality disc! See all the pores you can count on that face? Look! You can count all those grains of sand on that beach! How's that for detail!?!?!? You too can have this low resolution technology for just a couple grand!"


gorman42 and Latinoheat like this.

LG B7A OLED 65” / LG SJ9 Atmos Sound Bar / LG UP970 BR Player / Apple TV 4K
i7 7700k 11GB 1080 Ti 32GB Ram 2x 1TB 960 Evo / XBox One X / Nintendo Switch
Movie collection: https://www.blu-ray.com/community/co...3&categoryid=7
TravisPNW is offline  
post #10 of 60 Old 11-27-2018, 06:15 PM
Member
 
bonzichrille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I am hoping LG updates their wallpaper model W OLED with a smaller connect box (i.e getting rid of soundbar) and that the connection cable is switched to fiberoptics, just like Samsung.

The instal community must have been complaining like crazy.

Also really hoping for top-emission. That would be great, atleast in the 77 inch model. I am thinking of talking the plunge.
boe likes this.
bonzichrille is offline  
post #11 of 60 Old 11-27-2018, 07:10 PM
Member
 
jkuch88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
A rumor I heard, from me self in a dream, 2019 will the year of 8K roll outs. LG's focus will be all about bringing the 88', 77" and 65" 8K's to market. Expect little in the way of improvements in their low resolution 4K technology. Maybe a few minor changes.



They have a winning 4K formula $$$$, no point in messing with it. Just as we see manufactures putting no efforts out to improve 1080 TV's. Just slide them down to the bargain basement sales floor. Probably will quit making 4K in a couple years.



Only 4K Oleds that will be in demand are the 2016 3D models...worth a small fortune they will be going forward.





I have an E6 and have no use for the 3D capability. I haven’t used it once and would gladly sell it for a “small fortune” to get a newer model with marginal HDR peak brightness improvements. Where is the best place to advertise it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
New24K likes this.
jkuch88 is offline  
post #12 of 60 Old 11-27-2018, 07:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mile High City
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkuch88 View Post
I have an E6 and have no use for the 3D capability. I haven’t used it once and would gladly sell it for a “small fortune” to get a newer model with marginal HDR peak brightness improvements. Where is the best place to advertise it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


After waiting a few weeks, I finally sold my EG9100 on Craigslist the other day (funny enough, the guy actually wanted it FOR the 3D. I was like uh yeah, it works great...I think). And I sold it for 800 usd which I’m pleased with as that’s a 3 year old tv now.

It is CL, so ignore the guys wanting to trade their 32” Samsung LCD and a Razer scooter.

That or eBay local has worked for me. Good Luck!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Markalark is offline  
post #13 of 60 Old 11-27-2018, 09:38 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
If LG’s teaser is anything to go by, it looks to be a tame update.

2019 OLED models will use Alpha 9 Gen 2 processor (hinting minor improvements as the teaser repeats improvements that are already in existing “gen 1” Alpha 9 processor.

One promising reveal is that it is ready to support High Frame Rate content mastered at 120 frames per second. Maybe this means it will be software updatable to HDMI 2.1?
Nutmac is offline  
post #14 of 60 Old 11-28-2018, 04:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gorman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,334
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutmac View Post
If LG’s teaser is anything to go by, it looks to be a tame update.
Where's this teaser?

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k
Video Pioneer PDP-LX6090 (calibrated)
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010, Dynaudio Audience 72 (FL, FR), Dynaudio Audience 42C (C), Dynaudio 42W (SR, SL), Chario Piccolo Star Satellite (Presence Height), SVS PB-1000 (SW)
Sources HTPC, Xbox One S, Squeezebox
gorman42 is offline  
post #15 of 60 Old 11-28-2018, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
6athome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,542
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Liked: 175
6athome is offline  
post #16 of 60 Old 11-28-2018, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gorman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,334
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 363
If this is the teaser: http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2018/11/vi...a-9-processor/


I see here only references to what's improved on the processor' side, no reference to the panels, connections, potential "HDMI 2.1" features (thinking about E-ARC, VRR and QMS, those that don't require extra bandwidth).

Seriously. AVS is a place where you go to learn to be unhappy. - Bear5k
Video Pioneer PDP-LX6090 (calibrated)
Audio Yamaha RX-A3010, Dynaudio Audience 72 (FL, FR), Dynaudio Audience 42C (C), Dynaudio 42W (SR, SL), Chario Piccolo Star Satellite (Presence Height), SVS PB-1000 (SW)
Sources HTPC, Xbox One S, Squeezebox
gorman42 is offline  
post #17 of 60 Old 11-28-2018, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4878
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman42 View Post
If this is the teaser: http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2018/11/vi...a-9-processor/


I see here only references to what's improved on the processor' side, no reference to the panels, connections, potential "HDMI 2.1" features (thinking about E-ARC, VRR and QMS, those that don't require extra bandwidth).
Yes, it says very little. About the only paragraph with any sunstance at all was this:

"The α9 Gen 2 is ready to support next-generation High Frame Rate (HFR) content mastered at an astonishing 120 frames per second (fps). A higher fps means better rendering of fast-paced action with noticeably smoother motion and better image clarity – perfect for watching sports or the latest action blockbusters. With the impressive new image processor onboard, 2019 LG OLED TVs will deliver a truly unparalleled viewing experience."

So about the only thing we can be certain of is that, while the 2018 WOLEDs supported 120fps but only through USB (and not through HDMI or streaming), the 2019 WOLEDs should fully support 120Hz content. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope they will continue to deliver 50% BFI even at 120fos, which would mean the mative oanel refresh rate has increased 240Hz (which is what they need to deliver 8K panel with 120Hz refresh rates.

LG has been very quiet, but who can blame them? They just sold a huge number of 2018 WOLED TVs - the 65C8P dipped under $2000 and the 77C8P dipped to $5000. Generating a great deal of buzz about all the great new things you have coming in 2019 just as you are gearing up to convince a large number of consumers to dig into their wallets for what you have to sell today does not sound like a very good strategy.

The cat will be out of the bag in 6 short weeks now - I remain hopeful that LG is going to pull a few rabbits out of their hat for us in 2019 .

This Alpha 9 Gen 2 press release is actually a pretty good hint - LG wants the world to know they have a new processor coming, but why in the workd would you go to all the trouble and expense of developing and ramping-up a new processor just for improved noise reduction, enhanced color correction, and support for HFR?

These are all areas where LG is known to be a step behind Sony (especially 'smoother rendering of gradations') so they can safely brag about these improvements now to entice potential Sony WOLED customers to hold off until CES '19.

But it is a near-certainty that they have made other significant improvements as well (and I'm still not writing-off the possibility of HDMI 2.1 in this Alpha 9 Gen 2 ).

The biggest gripe I have with my 65C6P is near-black uniformity, linearity, and handling in general. While the 2017 and 2018 generations have made improvements, the have still not delivered the near-back quality I expect.

This fluffer-nutter press release for the Alpha 9 Gen 2 actually hints at enough improvements that could impact near-black handling that I'm actually looking forward to seeing what the 2019 WOLEDs deliver...
gorman42 likes this.
fafrd is offline  
post #18 of 60 Old 11-28-2018, 02:36 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman42 View Post
I see here only references to what's improved on the processor' side, no reference to the panels, connections, potential "HDMI 2.1" features (thinking about E-ARC, VRR and QMS, those that don't require extra bandwidth).
Thanks for posting the link. I am a newbie and I need 5 or more posts to include a link.

Since LG announced Synopsys as the HDMI 2.1 chipset vendor only 2 months ago, I am guessing Alpha 9 "Gen 2" isn't going to support true HDMI 2.1. If it was, support for major features like HDMI 2.1 is deserving of Alpha 10 designation.

But I am guessing 2019 LG OLED TVs will support HDMI 2.1 features that are becoming more common among UHD sets that came out few months ago, such as dynamic HDR, eARC, ALLM, VRR, and QMS. But support for ultra high speed cable and faster frame rate are unlikely.

I think it's about time for LG's OLED sets to come down more significantly in price, however.
Nutmac is offline  
post #19 of 60 Old 11-29-2018, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
fafrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,314
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutmac View Post
Thanks for posting the link. I am a newbie and I need 5 or more posts to include a link.

Since LG announced Synopsys as the HDMI 2.1 chipset vendor only 2 months ago, I am guessing Alpha 9 "Gen 2" isn't going to support true HDMI 2.1. If it was, support for major features like HDMI 2.1 is deserving of Alpha 10 designation.

But I am guessing 2019 LG OLED TVs will support HDMI 2.1 features that are becoming more common among UHD sets that came out few months ago, such as dynamic HDR, eARC, ALLM, VRR, and QMS. But support for ultra high speed cable and faster frame rate are unlikely.

I think it's about time for LG's OLED sets to come down more significantly in price, however.
Synopsis is mot a chipset vendor - they license IP to be designed into chips (SOCs).

LG does not purchase their SOCs for Premium TVs from vendors, they design and manufacture them in-house (just like Sony).

And processor names are generally linked to the capability and processor of the core itself, not the peripherals.

So if the Alpha 9 processor merely had the HDMI 2.0a peripheral (I/O) swapped out for HDMI 2.1, that would generally not justify calling it a next-gen processor.

Again, not stating I know LG will have HDNI 2.1 on this Alpha 9 Gen 2 SOC; just trying to correct misinformation and pointing out that no facts we have currently make HDMI 2.1 on the Alpha 9 Gen 2 processor an impossibility (at least not yet)...
fafrd is offline  
post #20 of 60 Old 11-29-2018, 10:24 AM
Senior Member
 
Jin-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I don't know if I would infer that much into saying it supports HFR, my C8 does too, just via USB, that's just a marketing release and should be treated as such. As for top emission, if I were to guess I'd say they only use that for the 88in 8k model for this year. That's a good way to roll out a new process, with a low volume product that minimizes risk if something goes wrong, then full roll out in 2020.
Jin-X is offline  
post #21 of 60 Old 11-30-2018, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lockdown571's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,314
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Am I crazy or does the picture in that LG press release show a model with a wider aspect design? That would interesting. Or maybe the display in the back is there for demonstrative purposes? Not really sure what they're trying to show here.
lockdown571 is offline  
post #22 of 60 Old 12-01-2018, 05:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Callsign_Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 376
These sets won't feature 48 GBps HDMI 2.1 chips. It's already december and this chips haven't even been manufactured yet as far as I know.
Callsign_Vega is offline  
post #23 of 60 Old 12-01-2018, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 4,630
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2242
Ordering an E8. Should be a nice upgrade over E6.
shyguy3763, Cam1977 and Kenbar like this.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
drewTT is offline  
post #24 of 60 Old 12-01-2018, 03:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cam1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: El paso
Posts: 5,444
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 3738
^congrats bro...it is an upgrade for sure!
drewTT likes this.
Cam1977 is offline  
post #25 of 60 Old 12-01-2018, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Down South
Posts: 4,657
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2308 Post(s)
Liked: 3165
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post
Am I crazy or does the picture in that LG press release show a model with a wider aspect design? That would interesting. Or maybe the display in the back is there for demonstrative purposes? Not really sure what they're trying to show here.
It’s thevdisplay sitting in front of a window - hint you’re not supposed to tell where one ends and the other begins. No aspect ratio change.
lockdown571 likes this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
smurraybhm is offline  
post #26 of 60 Old 12-01-2018, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,932
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1114 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkuch88 View Post
I have an E6 and have no use for the 3D capability. I haven’t used it once and would gladly sell it for a “small fortune” to get a newer model with marginal HDR peak brightness improvements. Where is the best place to advertise it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Might be a bit to soon to make a fortune. Right now they are asking a lot for BI free 3D 2016 models on Ebay. But unless you do local pick up only, you have to deal with the pain of shipping. Craigslist might be another avenue...but likely will not reach as big of an audience.

Shipping presents a problem as you have not checked out the 3D image for proper filter alignment (called the Film Pattern Retarder (FPR))...and many were not lined up correctly. If you sell locally people can bring their own 3D player, movie and check it out in person for proper alignment.

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.
Kenbar is online now  
post #27 of 60 Old 12-08-2018, 01:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
akadennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 205
i'll be curious if LG decides to support both HDR10 and HDR10+. I for one hope HDR10+ is dead in the water. So much content already in Dolby Vision and I just don't see HDR10+ catching up at this point. i will not buy a TV that does not support Dolby Vision so bye bye Samsung.

LG OLED65C9P / LG OLED65C7P / LG UP970 / Oppo UDP-203 / Sony HT-Z9F+SA-Z9R / Apple TV 4K / Fire TV Stick 4K / TCL 55P605
akadennis is online now  
post #28 of 60 Old 12-08-2018, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
BillP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 14,676
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadennis View Post
i'll be curious if LG decides to support both HDR10 and HDR10+. I for one hope HDR10+ is dead in the water. So much content already in Dolby Vision and I just don't see HDR10+ catching up at this point. i will not buy a TV that does not support Dolby Vision so bye bye Samsung.
What is the downside of offering HDR10+? Can't a display support both HDR10+ and DV? HDR10+ does seem to be gaining steam. Looks like the Oppo 203 and 205 will be adding HDR10+ with an upcoming firmware upgrade, and studios have begun announcing upcoming HDR10+ 4K Blu-ray releases.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#1cabf0026950
https://www.facebook.com/OPPODigital/

Last edited by BillP; 12-08-2018 at 06:34 AM.
BillP is offline  
post #29 of 60 Old 12-08-2018, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
akadennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,603
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
What is the downside of offering HDR10+? Can't a display support both HDR10+ and DV? HDR10+ does seem to be gaining steam. Looks like the Oppo 203 and 205 will be adding HDR10+ with an upcoming firmware upgrade, and studios have begun announcing upcoming HDR10+ 4K Blu-ray releases.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#1cabf0026950
https://www.facebook.com/OPPODigital/
No downside I guess. I hope LG does support all of them. All I’m saying is HDR10+ is late to the game. If LG does support all formats that would be very good for them. I know I would buy one :-)

LG OLED65C9P / LG OLED65C7P / LG UP970 / Oppo UDP-203 / Sony HT-Z9F+SA-Z9R / Apple TV 4K / Fire TV Stick 4K / TCL 55P605
akadennis is online now  
post #30 of 60 Old 12-08-2018, 07:41 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockdown571 View Post
Am I crazy or does the picture in that LG press release show a model with a wider aspect design?
Maybe not. I've always been much more enthusiastic about 21: 9 than 4K. I hope it is true.

https://www.4kfilme.de/lg-2019-oled-...tsprecher-ces/




dvrw3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off