Anyone have both the 77 OLED and the 75Z9D? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By hummer28

post #1 of 8 Old 01-18-2019, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone have both the 77 OLED and the 75Z9D?

Currently I have a 75 900F that I am going to swap out due to screen issues and have placed an order for the Sony ZD9 75 but the 77 OLED are almost the same price now as the ZD9. I already have a B7 65 so I am aware of the ABL and other issues of OLED. I have seen demo content on them side by side but curious of any real world experiences between the two.

I don't care about the 3D feature of the ZD9, mostly want it for movies and non-competitive gaming, not concerned about sports or live TV at all, viewing angles or watching in a bright room.

Does anyone have the ZD9 75 and the 77 OLED ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-19-2019, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lee View Post
Currently I have a 75 900F that I am going to swap out due to screen issues and have placed an order for the Sony ZD9 75 but the 77 OLED are almost the same price now as the ZD9. I already have a B7 65 so I am aware of the ABL and other issues of OLED. I have seen demo content on them side by side but curious of any real world experiences between the two.

I don't care about the 3D feature of the ZD9, mostly want it for movies and non-competitive gaming, not concerned about sports or live TV at all, viewing angles or watching in a bright room.

The oled is 2k more at 5999
The z9d is 3999
post #3 of 8 Old 01-19-2019, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

But aren't people complaining that the 77" C8 has noise issues with its power supply so don't you wanna wait for the 77" C9?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-19-2019, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam97 View Post
But aren't people complaining that the 77" C8 has noise issues with its power supply so don't you wanna wait for the 77" C9?
I was at CES and saw the C9 and 8K and HDMI 2.1 are attractive features in addition to them going to 88" , but they didn't announce pricing and I am sure it will be a considerable amount higher then the deals that are starting to come up on the C8, etc.

Last edited by Jerry Lee; 01-19-2019 at 02:00 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-19-2019, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam97 View Post

Just because some have reported an issue , it doesn't mean they all have it.

Media room- 65" Panasonic FZ950 OLED, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Panasonic UBD-820 4K, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC,Klipsch Reference R-62II,Rc52II,PS4
Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
post #6 of 8 Old 01-19-2019, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:

I have both models. The C8 (77”) is mainly for family viewing (ATV4K movies, Netflix, DirecTV) and replaced the Z9D (75”) which is now in my office. It is primarily used for video games. These units, in my opinion, are an A+ (LG) and A (Sony). I prefer the OS on the LG by leaps and bounds. The LG doesn’t exhibit near the amount of bugginess that I encountered on the Sony, but the picture is about even on both sets. If you asked me which one I would dispose of if forced to do so, it would be the Z9D. It has less to do with the OLED exhibiting a superior picture and more to do with the it simply checking off more boxes a bit better for my primary viewing use case.
Gillietalls likes this.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-20-2019, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer28 View Post
I have both models. The C8 (77”) is mainly for family viewing (ATV4K movies, Netflix, DirecTV) and replaced the Z9D (75”) which is now in my office. It is primarily used for video games. These units, in my opinion, are an A+ (LG) and A (Sony). I prefer the OS on the LG by leaps and bounds. The LG doesn’t exhibit near the amount of bugginess that I encountered on the Sony, but the picture is about even on both sets. If you asked me which one I would dispose of if forced to do so, it would be the Z9D. It has less to do with the OLED exhibiting a superior picture and more to do with the it simply checking off more boxes a bit better for my primary viewing use case.
Thanks sounds like I really can't go wrong with either one, will see how much further they drop the 77 OLEDs but right now the Z9 is the better deal.
post #8 of 8 Old 03-05-2019, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer28 View Post
In regards to HDR do you think the LG has as good as HDR as the Z9 does? I have heard from others that the Z9D has better HDR then the LG does, however in demo content that I have seen they both looked great to me. Do you find that to be the case or would you say that in all instances the LG has the better overall picture ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page