LG not honoring 90 day repair warranty on OLED - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #31 of 39 Old 02-03-2019, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1101 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdasterly View Post
ill try to keep it short, 1 week into owning tv 3d was blurry, lg replaced board, 2 weeks later 3d still blurry, tech came out and replaced panel, 2 weeks go by but 3d still blurry so tech return and configures board via hidden menu. Everything was great for 3 months, then blurry 3d again. Tech came to house 6 times, lg refuses to fix. Lg warranty expired so cps 5 year warranty kicks in. Cps claims panel unavailable and wants to refund me the cost of the warranty. I refuse. I call lg and source several replacement panels. Now warranty company offers $600, 4 weeks later $900, 4 weeks after that $1200. Cps sends to me a chinese website with pricing for my set but they only take western union payment. I refuse so now cps refuses to answer my email and calls. I submit BBB paperwork, now i get a call from Mark from cps, he claims he's not here to BS. I only wanted tv repaired or refunded full amount. They claim to refund full amount. Mark offers me $2100 and i keep tv or $2700 and return set or find pricing for tv. The model is oled65e6p. This model is sold out everywhere. I ended up finding 1 set and the price was $6000. I asked Mark Faour can they just repair the set, he says no because 3D is dated Technology Mark Faour referred me to cps Legal dept. The lawyer who was monitoring the status of this died I dont even know where to begin. Lawyer was ready to file lawsuit against cps, and then lg(tv defected on the repaired parts) Out of $4500 as of today. Probably left out a lot of details
Man, you are having a run of bad luck. What do you mean by blurry? Out of focus...or cross talk?

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 02-03-2019, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 232
I'm starting to not have much sympathy for the OP either. He's been asked multiple times to show proof that the One-Time Good Will out of warranty repair was guaranteed for 90 days. The OP has not come back after several posts. I guess he was expecting the forum to side with him against LG since LG is a giant. I won't side with a member that is wrong. To each his own but I don't know why anyone would spend $5000+ on a TV and not use it hardly for an entire year during the warranty.
post #33 of 39 Old 02-05-2019, 12:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
This thread convinced me tat if i'm going to by an OLED tv and not get a 4 year bestbuy warranty with it, I would be very foolish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 Old 02-05-2019, 05:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 646
Everyone needs to understand that while a $5,000 TV is certainly better performance wise than a $700 TV, it isn't necessarily more reliable or better manufactured. All modern LCDs and OLEDs, regardless of price, are cheaply manufactured using the same ICs with limited QC and have the same weasel-worded "limited" warranties. The last well manufactured, uber reliable TVs were plasmas. I have two, a 2008 Panasonic and a 2010 Samsung/Insignia still working like new. The Panny has over 30,000 hours on it. My two friends have Samsung and Panny plasmas from the last batches in 2012/2013, also running perfectly. The 2 Samsung LCDs I own I consider to be throw aways, that I paid $550 and $800 for. Both perform well for my uses. The only extended warranties I get are the free extra warranty year my Amex card provides. And no matter what you pay for your TV, whether it be a LG, Samsung and Sony, they all provide the same basic level of customer service. So it's back to the old Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware. You buy high-end TVs at your own risk.
post #35 of 39 Old 02-06-2019, 01:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4280 Post(s)
Liked: 3704
LG Signature TVs (and all 2016 and prior OLEDs) were eligible for higher tier service. I'm not sure if that's still the case in 2019.
post #36 of 39 Old 02-06-2019, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdasterly View Post
bought tv in sept, repaired 3 times before xmas. The replaced parts were defective also
if you knew you had a defective set 2 weeks after you got it why didnt you just return it and buy another one

only get the tv repaired if you are past the return window
post #37 of 39 Old 02-06-2019, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullygill View Post
if you knew you had a defective set 2 weeks after you got it why didnt you just return it and buy another one

only get the tv repaired if you are past the return window
bought online, mistake learned
ielectrica
post #38 of 39 Old 02-06-2019, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbar View Post
Not sure if this would effect things but you might want to see if the tv could be in "In store" mode. If it is try switching it to "home".

Edit: Also, don't run in "power saver" mode...
Store mode was my thought as well. There was a very brief period of time that had me thinking I was insane, or my C7 had a gremlin infestation. Turned out the file format of the demo video I had downloaded to a thumb drive automatically put the display in Store Mode and it kept deleting my settings.
post #39 of 39 Old 02-06-2019, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 5360 Post(s)
Liked: 3770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex-Arc View Post
Store mode was my thought as well. There was a very brief period of time that had me thinking I was insane, or my C7 had a gremlin infestation. Turned out the file format of the demo video I had downloaded to a thumb drive automatically put the display in Store Mode and it kept deleting my settings.
Yep, I remember that too. It had to do with downloading LG HDR clips on USB and playing them on the tv. It would always kick the tv into store mode.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page