3D on an LG SK8000AUB - glasses? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-03-2019, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
3D on an LG SK8000AUB - glasses?

I plan on having a few blu ray 3d movies in my collection and don't really understand how 3d plays on my tv with no specific 3d setting as an ption. I have a 4k blu ray player. I assume all I need are glasses. I'd like to go with active rather than cheap red/blue cardboard types. Any suggestions regarding glasses to purchase? I'd like some that work with my tv refresh rate and that fit over prescription glasses that I wear all the time.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-03-2019, 10:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Liked: 238
3d wont play by default or with just a blu ray player on your tv. You may be able to get it to work with an HTPC, a 3d transmitter and glasses, and some software since the tv accepts 1080p120hz input. Im sure there's info in a thread on AVS or on google but i don't know details myself.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-04-2019, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1101 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbphxnomad View Post
I plan on having a few blu ray 3d movies in my collection and don't really understand how 3d plays on my tv with no specific 3d setting as an ption. I have a 4k blu ray player. I assume all I need are glasses. I'd like to go with active rather than cheap red/blue cardboard types. Any suggestions regarding glasses to purchase? I'd like some that work with my tv refresh rate and that fit over prescription glasses that I wear all the time.

Thanks
Your tv is not 3D capable.

Voted most desirable mate by the ladies every year! Klan leader! Mob boss! Love advice expert! Credit cards accepted.

Last edited by Kenbar; 02-04-2019 at 05:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-04-2019, 05:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 418
You need a 3D display and a 3D BluRay player in order to play 3D, and you probably have neither (the display is definitely not 3D, and you don't state what player you have). None of the current 4k displays are 3D capable (I believe some of the 2016 models were the last year to include 3D). Sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page