Another OLED vs LCD Post - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 81Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 104 Old 05-16-2019, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
ttnuagmada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman777 View Post
WOW! The Hisense XD ULED has an 1000000:1 static contrast ratio...that's on OLED level!
I'm sure a dual layer design won't come with any panel motion syncing or parallax issues whatsoever!
ttnuagmada is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 104 Old 05-17-2019, 05:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
I'm sure a dual layer design won't come with any panel motion syncing or parallax issues whatsoever!
Could the Hisense XD ULED be the new Gold-Standard in TV Technology ?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...beat-oled-tvs/
musicman777 is offline  
post #93 of 104 Old 05-17-2019, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,312
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3778 Post(s)
Liked: 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman777 View Post
Could the Hisense XD ULED be the new Gold-Standard in TV Technology ?



https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...beat-oled-tvs/


Sytech is that you ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 104 Old 05-17-2019, 08:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Amazing how people get so excited about something that approaches OLED but think OLED itself is crap.
chunon and Gillietalls like this.

Sony 55A9F
LG 55B6
Micolash is offline  
post #95 of 104 Old 05-17-2019, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lsorensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1371 Post(s)
Liked: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman777 View Post
WOW! The Hisense XD ULED has an 1000000:1 static contrast ratio...that's on OLED level!
That is still less than infinite contrast ratio.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
lsorensen is offline  
post #96 of 104 Old 05-17-2019, 10:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micolash View Post
Amazing how people get so excited about something that approaches OLED but think OLED itself is crap.
OLED is still KING on the Consumer Market RIGHT NOW!....

Until these new Hisense XD ULED's come on the market in 2020!

No more :burn-in: and :OTHER problems: !
musicman777 is offline  
post #97 of 104 Old 05-17-2019, 10:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman777 View Post
OLED is still KING on the Consumer Market RIGHT NOW!....

Until these new Hisense XD ULED's come on the market in 2020!

No more :burn-in: and :OTHER problems: !
Yes, a display that can't produce true black or even get as bright as OLED...is going to beat OLED.

There is no burn-in problem other than the one manufactured by internet trolls.
chunon likes this.

Sony 55A9F
LG 55B6
Micolash is offline  
post #98 of 104 Old 05-17-2019, 02:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 42
This Hisense XD ULED is very bright with over 2900 nits...no OLED will ever get that bright!
musicman777 is offline  
post #99 of 104 Old 05-17-2019, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Menarini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: India/Working abroad
Posts: 938
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 814 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Hisense also makes oleds, they arent sold in western countries but they are sold in asia pacific. And their pricing is of the budget type, less than sony or panasonic. The cost of making a dual layer lcd will be too high and they would have to price these much higher than oleds. If in few years they could bring costs down, by that time we might be onto a new and better technology. The concept is decent on paper, but i dont think 'ULED XD' has what it takes to be a 'mainstream' technology.
Menarini is online now  
post #100 of 104 Old 05-17-2019, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Latinoheat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 4,333
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked: 1446
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman777 View Post

This Hisense XD ULED is very bright with over 2900 nits...no OLED will ever get that bright!
So are Samsung lcd's and they are still inferior.

Media room- 65" Panasonic FZ950 OLED, Pioneer Elite VSX-90, Panasonic UBD-820 4K, Klipsch Gallery G28's, Klipsch Sub 12, Klipsch RS-52 II, Optik HD cable

Living room- Sony 4K 79XBRX900B, Onkyo RC-360,HTPC,Klipsch Reference R-62II,Rc52II,PS4
Gaming room -Panasonic ST60, PS3, Wii
Latinoheat is offline  
post #101 of 104 Old 05-18-2019, 05:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 42
musicman777 is offline  
post #102 of 104 Old 05-18-2019, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 11,312
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3778 Post(s)
Liked: 3606
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman777 View Post


Looking at your post history I think you should stick to the audio lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
chunon is online now  
post #103 of 104 Old 05-21-2019, 05:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarini View Post
Hisense also makes oleds, they arent sold in western countries but they are sold in asia pacific. And their pricing is of the budget type, less than sony or panasonic. The cost of making a dual layer lcd will be too high and they would have to price these much higher than oleds. If in few years they could bring costs down, by that time we might be onto a new and better technology. The concept is decent on paper, but i dont think 'ULED XD' has what it takes to be a 'mainstream' technology.



https://www.cnet.com/news/look-out-o...t-lower-price/
musicman777 is offline  
post #104 of 104 Old 05-21-2019, 11:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
yrly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttnuagmada View Post
I'm sure a dual layer design won't come with any panel motion syncing or parallax issues whatsoever!
I just sold my hisense on Craigslist when I got the clearance on the C8. TV was trash. My old Seiki looked better. The firmware locked up all the time. I’d never buy another.
yrly is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off