2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 141 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3588Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4201 of 5482 Old 07-10-2019, 10:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Is my LG C9 defective?

I'm worried. I just set up my LG C9 TV and already noticed something odd. When I use the internet browser on my PS4, the Google homepage screen stays a bit dim but gets brighter when I click on the search bar. It also dims here and there while viewing other web pages. I even turned off power savings mode. Is this something to be alarmed about or is it just ABL? See the video below as I demonstrate what happens. Is this how ABL works and it effects different content that you use?


Last edited by Darth09; 07-10-2019 at 10:46 PM.
Darth09 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4202 of 5482 Old 07-10-2019, 11:27 PM
Member
 
SubElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baff View Post
US/Canada/Australia are still on .04
UK is .05
Korea is .07
I'm not sure who is on .06 right now.
The UK firmware works on my Australian TV perfectly fine. Currently running .05 on there.
SubElement is offline  
post #4203 of 5482 Old 07-10-2019, 11:29 PM
Member
 
SubElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1746 View Post
Agreed, the on board Netflix app has raised blacks for me in just about everything I’ve watched. I’ve noticed no raised blacks or black issues via the Apple 4K tv.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed this blacks issue when using Cinema Home instead of Cinema in Dolby Vision mode. No idea what it's doing in Cinema Home but it's completely screwing the blacks up.

Last edited by SubElement; 07-11-2019 at 12:20 AM.
SubElement is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4204 of 5482 Old 07-10-2019, 11:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,188
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6495 Post(s)
Liked: 6475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Moyseos View Post
Hi all,

is anyone aware of the reason/solution for the onboard Youtube app showing some audio delay, whether using the TV's speakers or a soundbar?

Thanks!
Have you hooked up a laptop or firestick and used You Tube to see if you have the same issue?
Andreas Moyseos likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #4205 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 12:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 160
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by obveron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc Vu View Post
Personally I won’️t keep an oled more than a year due to the fear of panel degradation, especially when I watch lots of bright hdr contents and game a lot. I usually buy the cheapest newest 55” oled when the price goes down to around $1500, then resell it after a year and repeat the cycle. 77” is too expensive to do so, so maybe you are better with a z9d

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
lol what? It’️s gonna take a lot longer than 1 year’️s usage to degrade your panel enough that you could ever tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc Vu View Post
When I look at Rtings’️s burn-in test, the red sub-pixel degrades to the point of burn-in after only 1500 hrs. 1 year with my usage of 10hrs/day will be 3600 hrs. I mean sure those hrs will not be all red but it’️s alarming honestly. That’️s just me though.
You are misunderstanding the test. There's nothing wrong with the red sub pixel after 1500 hrs. It's that with deliberate uneven and repetitive non stop content (CNN logo) , those specific red subpixels that make up the CNN logo aged more than other red sub pixels. Uneven aging is burn in. If it were a non stop 100% red field for 1500hrs, all red subpixels would age equally and there would be no burn, at worst a need to recalibrate for slightly less red saturation. If the TV is used normally with varied content, all colors would age equally and there would be no need to calibrate, just an inperceivable loss of peak brightness.
To me the burn in looks like those red sub-pixels have been degraded/used up all the way to zero (since the burn in have black color on a red background). So those pixels are unable to show red color anymore. If it is the whole screen that displays red then after 1500 hrs the whole screen will turn black. Please correct me if I misunderstand this.
Duc Vu is offline  
post #4206 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 12:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: København
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth09 View Post
I'm worried. I just set up my LG C9 TV and already noticed something odd. When I use the internet browser on my PS4, the Google homepage screen stays a bit dim but gets brighter when I click on the search bar. It also dims here and there while viewing other web pages. I even turned off power savings mode. Is this something to be alarmed about or is it just ABL? See the video below as I demonstrate what happens. Is this how ABL works and it effects different content that you use?
It's not ABL, it's ASBL. It's different from ABL in that it dims images over time rather than according to the moment to moment average picture level. It does this to minimise the risk of retention / burn-in. It's possible to deactivate it in the service menu: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...g-oled-tv.html

Last edited by Ken Masters; 07-11-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Ken Masters is offline  
post #4207 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 12:51 AM
Newbie
 
Sabrewulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baff View Post
US/Canada/Australia are still on .04
UK is .05
Korea is .07
I'm not sure who is on .06 right now.

I got .06 two days ago. I live in germany.
Baff likes this.
Sabrewulf is offline  
post #4208 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 12:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Masters View Post
It's not ABL, it's ASBL. It's different from ABL in that it dims images over time rather than according to the moment to moment average picture level. It does this to minimise the risk of retention / burn-in. It's possible to deactivate it in the service menu: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...g-oled-tv.html
So it's normal? My TV isn't defective? Also, is there a risk of burn-in, image retention from disabling ASBL?
Darth09 is offline  
post #4209 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 01:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 3
LG C9 Questions

1- I want my TV to turn off automatically when I turn off my consoles such as my PS4. How do I make it do this? My old Samsung would do this.


2- When I walk away from my TV, the screen goes dim but when I come back and use it, I have to press a button on my PS4 controller to make the screen awaken from sleep mode/standby mode (dimmed screen) and go bright. How do I make it so when I walk near the screen, it detects my motion and the screen goes bright without me having to press a button.
Darth09 is offline  
post #4210 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 02:13 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey, does anybody knows did anything change regarding BFI 120 on LG C9, i read that unfortunately they pulled it for this year model so does that means there is no difference to 2018 model C8 Bfi than, its the same?
Phantom Skim is offline  
post #4211 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 02:21 AM
Member
 
PittyH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 45
LG Netflix App with 4K subscription.

Stranger Things

Season 3, Episode 3 - 1min50s also the 5.00 minute mark


Watch the black areas to the sides of the boys when Ele is spying on them.

Black areas in general contain flashing grey/white things.

I think it's just Netflix

My Settings:

Dolby Vision Picture Mode - "Cinema Home" on default settings. (TV switches to that mode automagically)

Nevermind, Turned off noise reduction and turned brightness to 48, seems ok now.

Last edited by PittyH; 07-11-2019 at 02:34 AM.
PittyH is offline  
post #4212 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 03:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
guitarguy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,757
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2074 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Skim View Post
Hey, does anybody knows did anything change regarding BFI 120 on LG C9, i read that unfortunately they pulled it for this year model so does that means there is no difference to 2018 model C8 Bfi than, its the same?
Correct it’s the same
Phantom Skim likes this.
guitarguy316 is online now  
post #4213 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 03:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
radamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 527
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Is it possible to go back to SDR, but still have 4K on this TV? With a feed from Netflix or a UHD disc or something. I am interested to see what the differences are in different content.

I tried something like this last night due to my own curiosity. I was watching Bosch 4k on Amazon Prime through the WebOS app. I paused and switched to my PS4 Pro which does 4K but does not seem to stream HDR to my TV. I found the HDR version much richer, appearing to have more detail and realistic looking.
dfa973 likes this.

LG OLED65C9, Yamaha RX-A3080, Paradigm Reference Studio 80 Mains, Atmos 5.1.4 config, Panasonic UB820, PS4 Pro, Apple TV 4K
radamo is online now  
post #4214 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 04:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
ma1746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Middleboro, Massachusetts
Posts: 554
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubElement View Post
I noticed this blacks issue when using Cinema Home instead of Cinema in Dolby Vision mode. No idea what it's doing in Cinema Home but it's completely screwing the blacks up.


It’s definitely there for me on cinema also, but maybe a little less so. But when I watch discs or stream from the Apple TV, blacks are fine on cinema and cinema home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ma1746 is offline  
post #4215 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 04:20 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
Correct it’s the same

I dont watch to many sports so Bfi is not a dealbreaker for me but i am curious to know would it contribute to 24fps movie with fast scenes or not, i am sensitive to motion so i can't decide between C8 and C9 now when C9 dosent seems to have any edge.
Phantom Skim is offline  
post #4216 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 05:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ben Tan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 923
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittyH View Post
LG Netflix App with 4K subscription.

Stranger Things

Season 3, Episode 3 - 1min50s also the 5.00 minute mark


Watch the black areas to the sides of the boys when Ele is spying on them.

Black areas in general contain flashing grey/white things.

I think it's just Netflix

My Settings:

Dolby Vision Picture Mode - "Cinema Home" on default settings. (TV switches to that mode automagically)

Nevermind, Turned off noise reduction and turned brightness to 48, seems ok now.
I'm not condoning piracy or anything like that, but I got the highest quality WEB-DL at both 1080p and 2160p (which are basically as high of a quality Netflix can stream at the highest bitrate and bandwidth) for all these mentioned flashing on black levels to check if it's Netflix app being the issue or the TV itself.

Well... it's a combination of both I believe. The WEB-DL versions has no flashing, the internal Netflix app on the TV has flashing (but it was rather subtle). I then tried the Netflix app on an Apple TV4k and also on a PS4 Pro, both had no flashing.

*EDIT*
The Windows Netflix app shows flashing AND stuttering. So there's that.

SVS Ultra Bookshelf + SVS Ultra Center
Prime Bookshelf Surround with Prime Elevation Heights
Dual Rythmik FV15HP
Yamaha RX-A3060 + Parasound Halo A31 + Emotiva A500

Last edited by Ben Tan; 07-11-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Ben Tan is offline  
post #4217 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 06:36 AM
Member
 
steelstring41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Moyseos View Post
Hi all,

is anyone aware of the reason/solution for the onboard Youtube app showing some audio delay, whether using the TV's speakers or a soundbar?

Thanks!
Yes, the C9’s Youtube app gives me a delay but only thru my Sony soundbar. All other apps I’ve tried (Netflix, Prime Video, Google Play) don’t have this issue.

Watching Youtube on my PC or Blu-ray player is fine but I like to use the built-in app because I can get it loaded up more quickly than the other options.

I’ve been switching to TV speakers for Youtube because of this.
Andreas Moyseos likes this.

LG C9 65”
Panasonic UB820
Sony X9000F soundbar
Xbox One S, PS4
steelstring41 is offline  
post #4218 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
NismoZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Some questions:

Using the Xbox One X Netflix app, in HDR Dolby pic mode is maxed in Cont/Oled Light, then what happens when I view SDR Netflix shows? Does it mean I have to keep setting a different pic profiles each viewing or show? I just tested this, and using the TV Netflix app, it only switches when you start a specific show with DV/HDR, when you exit that show, it goes back to ISF Dark SDR modes. Using the Xbox leaves the mode on HDR no matter what you are watching: when at the menu, SDR, etc...

What does peak brightness setting do? Does it limit the actual highlights and bright areas? I also wonder what the off, Low, Med, High does. Off seems to make things the most dim, when it should just disable the setting and make things not have a limit.

I am getting some green tint in flesh tones. Watching stranger things on faces. Sometimes it's in beard stubble. Sometimes it's in certain areas of a face, mostly around the mouth. Is my tint uniformity on the panel showing it's thing, or is anyone else seeing it as well? Do you recommend setting Tint to a +R1 or 2 to correct? Or do you recommend going into the

Is there any way to bump up the darks? Watching this TV it certainly seems like I am close or crushing darks. This is even with the recommended settings in ISF Dark and Cinema User for HDR from Rtings settings. I am at 2.2 gamma now, bumping it to 1.9 makes a large jump that doesn't seem right. I have taken the brightness up to 55, any higher and it doesn't seem right either.

Is there any way to get white tones more pure, or are we at the limitation of OLED?

Someone said to set TrueMotion to user and both to zero. Does that even do anything, or do the zero mean off, even if you have user selected? Currently, I have Dejutter set for 1.

BTW, I can confirm that the black flashing pointed out in Stranger Things S3E3 when Eleven sees the boys in the dark. It happens on the Netflix TV app and not the Xbox app.
NismoZ is offline  
post #4219 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 08:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post

Is there any way to bump up the darks? Watching this TV it certainly seems like I am close or crushing darks. This is even with the recommended settings in ISF Dark and Cinema User for HDR from Rtings settings. I am at 2.2 gamma now, bumping it to 1.9 makes a large jump that doesn't seem right. I have taken the brightness up to 55, any higher and it doesn't seem right either.

Is there any way to get white tones more pure, or are we at the limitation of OLED?

Someone said to set TrueMotion to user and both to zero. Does that even do anything, or do the zero mean off, even if you have user selected? Currently, I have Dejutter set for 1.
.
All comments below for ISF Dark mode:

My (amateur) tests show that brightness at around 55 is great, no crushing and no faded out blacks.

For white tones, push contrast up - I found that above 85 you start to crush whites.

I tried Trumotion at User and then both settings zero, I didn't see any difference compared to Off.
I am now between Off or dejudder up to 4.
Andreas Moyseos is online now  
post #4220 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 09:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ice Cold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth09 View Post
I'm worried. I just set up my LG C9 TV and already noticed something odd. When I use the internet browser on my PS4, the Google homepage screen stays a bit dim but gets brighter when I click on the search bar. It also dims here and there while viewing other web pages. I even turned off power savings mode. Is this something to be alarmed about or is it just ABL? See the video below as I demonstrate what happens. Is this how ABL works and it effects different content that you use?

https://youtu.be/9bQb-ZWAFls
Exactly, for example if you run your web browser in a 10% size window it would be around 850cd/m2 bright
If you ran the same browser in a 50% windows it would be around 420cd/m2 bright
And if it was run full screen 100% it would be 150cd/m2 bright.

LG deliberately limits light output, in order to mitigate burn in, imagine if you could run a C9 without any Brightness or OLED light limitations? We would burn out the color phosphorus in weeks TVs would burn them selves out in months.

I fully believe current C9 OLEDs can go up to 200% OLED Light but at Severe risk.

It’s like having your car, limit your max speed to 65 MPH, which is perfectly ok for 99% of all driving needs. But we all know even a Honda Accord, or Toyota Camry can do 90 MPH on the freeway all day but at great risk and wear and tear.

LG is just doing that limiting what an OLED can do to prolong its life.
Ice Cold is offline  
post #4221 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
al210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 902
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth09 View Post
I'm worried. I just set up my LG C9 TV and already noticed something odd. When I use the internet browser on my PS4, the Google homepage screen stays a bit dim but gets brighter when I click on the search bar. It also dims here and there while viewing other web pages. I even turned off power savings mode. Is this something to be alarmed about or is it just ABL? See the video below as I demonstrate what happens. Is this how ABL works and it effects different content that you use?

https://youtu.be/9bQb-ZWAFls
Common with web browsers. If its not doing it with movies and TV content then your fine. Remember its a TV not a display monitor.
cydeweyz likes this.

LG 77C9 OLED Theatre Room- LG 65EF9500 OLED Living Room
Panasonic UB820 Blu-Ray Player - Denon X4500H AVR
Chord 2Qute DAC - Rogue RP-1 Pre Amp - Rogue Atlas Magnum II Tube Amp

Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Speakers--B&W HTM62 Center--Axiom QS4 surrounds, PSB Imagine XA Atmos Speaker Addons -- SVS PC-2000 SUBWOOFER
al210 is offline  
post #4222 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Member
 
jeffbon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question lg oled c9 audio problem

PROBLEM:

1. My AVR (Yamaha AX-R780) is connected via HDMI IN 2 to my Dish DVR.

2. My blu-ray player (Samsung BD-P3600) is connected to the Yamaha AVR via HDMI IN 1.

3. There are 2 HDMI OUT outputs on the AVR. The AVR HDMI OUT 1 is connected to my tv (LG OLED c9).
External sound and video from Dish DVR for all channels, dvr and its included apps (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) work perfectly.

The original problem was that the blu-ray player displays an excellent picture but there is no sound.

Now...
There is a setting on the AVR which allows to you to turn on or off either AVR HDMI OUT 1 or HDMI OUT 2 or both.
4. The Dish DVR works fine with HDMI OUT 1 set to on or HDMI OUT 1 & 2 set to on.

5. Here's how the blu-ray player reacts to these setting:
AVR HDMI OUT 1 set to on - video works but no audio
AVR HDMI OUT 2 set to on - audio works but no video
AVR HDMI OUT 1 & 2 set to on - video works but no audio
AVR HDMI OUT 1 & 2 set to OFF - audio works but no video

HELP!!!

Yamaha manual can be found here:
https://manualzz.com/doc/50912170/ya...%80%99s-manual
jeffbon is offline  
post #4223 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Member
 
mhmercer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: California
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by radamo View Post
I tried something like this last night due to my own curiosity. I was watching Bosch 4k on Amazon Prime through the WebOS app. I paused and switched to my PS4 Pro which does 4K but does not seem to stream HDR to my TV. I found the HDR version much richer, appearing to have more detail and realistic looking.
Could you have a look at your Picture Mode settings? Has your Picture Mode changed to Vivid?
mhmercer is offline  
post #4224 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 11:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: København
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth09 View Post
So it's normal? My TV isn't defective? Also, is there a risk of burn-in, image retention from disabling ASBL?
It's normal behaviour, and yes, there is an increased risk of retention and eventual burn-in if you disable it (especially if your settings are on the brighter side).
Ken Masters is offline  
post #4225 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lsorensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,556
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1392 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbon View Post
PROBLEM:

1. My AVR (Yamaha AX-R780) is connected via HDMI IN 2 to my Dish DVR.

2. My blu-ray player (Samsung BD-P3600) is connected to the Yamaha AVR via HDMI IN 1.

3. There are 2 HDMI OUT outputs on the AVR. The AVR HDMI OUT 1 is connected to my tv (LG OLED c9).
External sound and video from Dish DVR for all channels, dvr and its included apps (Netflix, YouTube, etc.) work perfectly.

The original problem was that the blu-ray player displays an excellent picture but there is no sound.

Now...
There is a setting on the AVR which allows to you to turn on or off either AVR HDMI OUT 1 or HDMI OUT 2 or both.
4. The Dish DVR works fine with HDMI OUT 1 set to on or HDMI OUT 1 & 2 set to on.

5. Here's how the blu-ray player reacts to these setting:
AVR HDMI OUT 1 set to on - video works but no audio
AVR HDMI OUT 2 set to on - audio works but no video
AVR HDMI OUT 1 & 2 set to on - video works but no audio
AVR HDMI OUT 1 & 2 set to OFF - audio works but no video

HELP!!!

Yamaha manual can be found here:
https://manualzz.com/doc/50912170/ya...%80%99s-manual
When I replaced my Marantz SR5007 (HDMI 1.4 based) with an SR6012 (HDMI 2.0 based), my Oppo BDP-93 no longer had audio output. I contacted Oppo about it, and was told that the latest official firmware for the BDP-93 didn't support the newer EDID data on HDMI 2.0 AVRs and hence didn't send any audio. They sent me a beta firmware for the player that fixed it. Perhaps your bluray player has a similar limitation. So by having a new TV with a new AVR, the combination may simply not be supported by that player.

https://marantz-uk.custhelp.com/app/...cted-to-hdr-tv explains some of it. Their workaround is of course terrible since it says you can turn of HDMI 2.0 on the TV to solve it. Well no thanks, that would ruin all newer devices.

That 10 year old Samsung player is certainly HDMI 1.3 and hence is likely to not be compatible with HDMI 2.0 displays. I doubt Samsung has a firmware update to fix it (unlike Oppo who tends to be pretty unique about such things), so you may have to get a newer player at this point or some hdmi adapter that will go between the player and AVR to somehow convert the HDMI version to something compatible with the Samsung.

Or you could run optical audio from the bluray player if you are willing to accept the potentially slightly reduced audio quality (I don't remember the best audio type on plain bluray but optical is limited to 5.1 DD and plain DTS pretty much) instead of using the HDMI connection for the audio part, assuming the AVR allows remapping the settings for that port to use optical instead (It probably does).

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
lsorensen is offline  
post #4226 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Only for gamers who like ecstacy.

dfa973 likes this.

Last edited by Andreas Moyseos; 07-11-2019 at 01:00 PM.
Andreas Moyseos is online now  
post #4227 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 01:19 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
LG OLED55C9PLA 55 help

hey all i just got my LG OLED55C9PLA 55 delivered today and the guy in the shop showed me a setting that moves pixals over to stop burn in thats good for gaming, anyone know what that setting called and where it is? can't find it thanks
Gamer_Guy is offline  
post #4228 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 02:17 PM
Member
 
MMayo01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Boston
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4
On my 2018 oled b8 it is in the OLED Panel Settings menu and is called pixel shift and logo luminescence. Pixel shift should be on and logo luminescence should be low. High works but it can dim the display too much

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
MMayo01 is offline  
post #4229 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 02:31 PM
Senior Member
 
FlyOnTheWall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Does this look acceptable to you? Brand new 77c9. I know there is no such thing as a perfect panel. But check it out. Doesn't affect picture quality, but very noticeable when off. Its in a large open room, with windows about 40' from panel. Some people say its the AR filter on the screen. I have seen it wavy, but have never seen just a spot besides on a SONY on youtube. (about the size of a softball)

Thoughts?



http://quickbay.biz/oled77/IMG_3527.jpg

http://quickbay.biz/oled77/IMG_3531.jpg

Video here...

http://quickbay.biz/oled77/IMG_3533.mov

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by FlyOnTheWall; 07-11-2019 at 04:31 PM.
FlyOnTheWall is offline  
post #4230 of 5482 Old 07-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Oppo Beta Group
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11,039
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1849 Post(s)
Liked: 1344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Guy View Post
hey all i just got my LG OLED55C9PLA 55 delivered today and the guy in the shop showed me a setting that moves pixals over to stop burn in thats good for gaming, anyone know what that setting called and where it is? can't find it thanks
Shifting pixels is not going to protect you from burn-in, uneven wear because the bright areas are too large.
Mixing content and logo protection are better choices.


- Rich
lsorensen likes this.

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva XMC-1 (v3) | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 4 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex x 2
RichB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
dead , lg oled c9 , pixel dead , pixels

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off