2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 173 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6769Likes

post #5161 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by traumadisaster View Post
My first night with the c9 I’m not impressed with pq. Maybe my expectations were too high, or I haven’t tuned it correctly yet, or cheap TVs quality have closed the gap substantially.

It’s probably that I don’t have them side by side and I’ve forgotten how bad previous TVs were. I also need to experiment with more content than a few hours.

Although it is the best pq I’ve had, it’s only marginally better and I was expecting much better. It seems I traded the bad lcd blacks for crushed oled blacks. I prefer the loss of near black detail to the crap lcd blacks because I can squeeze some detail back with adjustment, at the expense of overblown white faces.

Motion is great, brightness is superb, color is great, sound for a tv is great, off angle is superb, gaming as good as other low lag TVs, reflections in a dark room superb. Even with all of that it’s only marginally better than previous TVs, so far.

I think anyone on here needs it, cause how could you not have the best even if it’s only a half a point better, but for average buyers not on these forums they could get away with my kids tcl.

Now I’ll have a second session with it and more content and come to a completely different conclusion.
Try this recipe for quick satisfaction:

1 - find an HDR video on Youtube, or find Bladerunner 2049 in HDR

2 - sit down

3 - press play

(optional step 4: turn down oled light if you prefer to avoid eye damage)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
dfa973 and anwsmh like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5162 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Crimson View Post
Ps4 definitely doesn't have it. If I'm on ISF Dark on the home screen and start a game, it starts on ISF Dark. I don't have an XB1 to test out. Well I do have one, but it's connected to the living room display where it's not so easily detached, so I ain't messing about with it to test ALLM here.
Xbox 1 is currently the only gaming console that can use ALLM (which is part of the HDMI 2.1 spec). Here's what I've found (so you don't have to detach yours from the living room :-) ): https://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-x...l#post58247864
post #5163 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
If you watch a movie on the X you’ll notice various PQ settings become unlocked (Peak Brightness) that are normally locked w/ ALLM. This is proof that ALLM is shut off when watching movies automatically.
When VRR and ALLM are both checked on the X, you are correct that ALLM is shut off when watching a disc-based movie (bluray, DVD, or 4K bluray). However, ALLM stays locked-on for Netflix, Hulu, and all other streaming movie apps. It also stays locked-on if you are running your cable or satellite box through the system.

If you uncheck VRR on the X, you will notice it behaves differently and ALLM shuts off for ALL movies (disc-based or streaming) and only turns on when you start a game.
helvetica bold and Tomcup like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5164 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Finished installing the C9. Everything works just fine.
I have not seen any dead Pixel. I have not looked for NBB yet. But I also do not plan to.
If I do not notice it during normale usage I am fine with it.

Things I noticed so far:
- When I first turned on my PS4 PRO my eyes got cancer. The whole Image was way too dark. Even though I selected "Game" Color Profile.
Turned out energysaving was enabled. After disabling it I added some basic settings from RTings. In near future I plan to modify these settings a bit
more with the help of test patterns.
- I really hate the Magic Remove. First thing I did after doing the initial setup and testing: Configuring my Harmony Elite...
- One question I got: How do I restart the TV if the TV is done downloading/installing the Firmwareupdate. Pressing the Power Button was not enough. I unplugged the power plug. Then everything went fine. But is that really the only way to restart the TV?
- Apart from that I am really impressed so far. Huge jump between my 2011 Philips 42PFL7606K and the C9.

Tomorrow I am planning to do all the cable managament. I hope LG will fix their stupid eARC LPCM issue in future. But man... what a TV ^

P.S.:
One more question I got for you:
Is there any button to turn off the screen while the TV is still on? I know there is an option to
in the menu of the TV. But do I need to create a macro (with my Harmony) or am I able to get the button without a macro?
anwsmh and Andreas Moyseos like this.

Last edited by fenster3000; 08-10-2019 at 12:54 PM.
post #5165 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 4881 Post(s)
Liked: 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Anyone getting the occasional popup in the top right of the screen that says "HDMI 3 is now Available"? Don't know what triggers it but it will popup randomly while I'm watching something usually on HDMI 2 which the AVR is connected to. My XBox is connected to HDMI 3 of the LG but it's turned Off when this message popups up so who know why?
I guess no one else has seen this issue since no one responded?

lujan
608 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
post #5166 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I guess no one else has seen this issue since no one responded?
I'm not certain, but I have something for you to try. Do you have "instant-on" checked in the power & setup settings on your Xbox One? It could be that in this low power state, the TV is picking it up as "on and connected" whenever the Xbox starts a game update or something similar. Try turning "instant-on" off and see if it still behaves that way.
lujan likes this.
post #5167 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 4881 Post(s)
Liked: 2891
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPT45 View Post
I'm not certain, but I have something for you to try. Do you have "instant-on" checked in the power & setup settings on your Xbox One? It could be that in this low power state, the TV is picking it up as "on and connected" whenever the Xbox starts a game update or something similar. Try turning "instant-on" off and see if it still behaves that way.
Thanks for letting me know! I checked and I did have Instant-on set. I changed it to "Energy Savings". I'll wait a week or so and see if the "HDMI 3 is now available" message still comes on. Hopefully this was the fix?
RobPT45 likes this.

lujan
608 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
post #5168 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 916 Post(s)
Liked: 887
Quote:
When VRR and ALLM are both checked on the X, you are correct that ALLM is shut off when watching a disc-based movie (bluray, DVD, or 4K bluray). However, ALLM stays locked-on for Netflix, Hulu, and all other streaming movie apps. It also stays locked-on if you are running your cable or satellite box through the system.

If you uncheck VRR on the X, you will notice it behaves differently and ALLM shuts off for ALL movies (disc-based or streaming) and only turns on when you start a game.
I have found a way to avoid allm staying on all the time with vrr selected.

I set the Xbox one x to 1080p ( don't worry, when playing 4K games/mpvies, it will automatically go into 4K mode) and 120hz and had allm already selected.

Then I selected Vrr .

With these settings, allm only activates when a game is started and shuts off when I select anything else.

I have done some restarts and a hard reboot and it continues to work fine.

TV - LG C9, C8 & C6 - AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #5169 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
I have found a way to avoid allm staying on all the time with vrr selected.

I set the Xbox one x to 1080p ( don't worry, when playing 4K games/mpvies, it will automatically go into 4K mode) and 120hz and had allm already selected.

Then I selected Vrr .

With these settings, allm only activates when a game is started and shuts off when I select anything else.

I have done some restarts and a hard reboot and it continues to work fine.

It does not switch resolutions. At least for built in apps. 4k gets horribly down-rezzed to 1080 this way with tons of artifacts and blurry details. Why gimp your Xbox? It's simple enough to uncheck VRR and give up nothing else in return.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk
post #5170 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Olson View Post
It does not switch resolutions. At least for built in apps. 4k gets horribly down-rezzed to 1080 this way with tons of artifacts and blurry details. Why gimp your Xbox? It's simple enough to uncheck VRR and give up nothing else in return.

I haven't noticed that at all with the apps or anything else. I have launched a few apps and all look great. 4K looks great on Amazon and Hulu. Netflix looks great as always .

Even if there were/are some app issues, I can use the TV built in apps.

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #5171 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 02:59 PM

This question might be stupid, but I have to ask this:
How do I add my HDMI Sources to the Home Screen?
I only see internal apps in that list.

Someone, please...
post #5172 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
This question might be stupid, but I have to ask this:

How do I add my HDMI Sources to the Home Screen?

I only see internal apps in that list.

Someone, please...
You don't see your HDMI sources when you press the button right below the direction pad? It's sandwiched between the Netflix and APrime buttons.

post #5173 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
You don't see your HDMI sources when you press the button right below the direction pad? It's sandwiched between the Netflix and APrime buttons.

I see them at that spot.
But I want to add them to the Home Screen. To the same place
where the Amazon-App, Netflix App, Gallery etc. are located.
At least if that is possible:

Also ran into a pretty strange issue on my C9.
While playing on my PRO (does not matter if the title supports HDR, UHD etc.) the screen randomly goes black
for a second and then comes back. Sometimes this also happens while doing stuff in the main menu of the PS4.

If this happens while playing an HDR Game the TV also tells me that HDR is enabled (with that sweet little banner).

Now I have to find the issue. Already replaced the HDMI cable. Did not change it. Next:
Pulling the power plug for a few minutes on my PRO and on my TV.

I have not seen this issue while watching a BluRay on my BluRay Player. But this one is still an old fashion 1080p Player.

€: Also noticed this: While playing in HDR some pixels randomly are flashing red.

Last edited by fenster3000; 08-10-2019 at 03:32 PM.
post #5174 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I haven't noticed that at all with the apps or anything else. I have launched a few apps and all look great. 4K looks great on Amazon and Hulu. Netflix looks great as always .

I understand. But looking great is different then telling everyone not to worry that their movies will still play in 4k when you set Xbox rez at 1080. This just isn't true. In fact, I decided to test a 4k bluray movie and it was indeed displayed in only 1080p. No surprise to me though. But if you like what you're seeing, I have no problem with that. I just wanted to point out the facts for anyone reading this thread.

post #5175 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I even have the box checked that says allow 4k even if TV is set to a lower res. It's never worked on my Xbox. Maybe mine is the exception then

post #5176 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I even have the box checked that says allow 4k even if TV is set to a lower res. It's never worked on my Xbox. Maybe mine is the exception then

I don't know why that is happening with your system but I can tell you that my system is playing everything at the right resolutions for whatever I'm viewing.

It's not that it just looks good, its playing properly. I have made a video of me showing you my settings and then without interruption, playing a 4K Ultra HD movie and showing you the info bar that it is in 2160p

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Rq...w?usp=drivesdk

gorman42 likes this.

post #5177 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I don't know why that is happening with your system but I can tell you that my system is playing everything at the right resolutions for whatever I'm viewing.

It's not that it just looks good, its playing properly. I have made a video of me showing you my settings and then without interruption, playing a 4K Ultra HD movie and showing you the info bar that it is in 2160p

Thank you for taking the time with that! I did a hard reset and at least 4k blurays now display properly. Apps still top out at native (1080) but I use the C9 for most of those anyway. Thanks again for opening my eyes. This auto rez switching never worked with my previous 4k LED so I figured it was a useless feature.

RobPT45 likes this.
post #5178 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I take that back. Netflix works in UHD. Prime does not.

post #5179 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time with that! I did a hard reset and at least 4k blurays now display properly. Apps still top out at native (1080) but I use the C9 for most of those anyway. Thanks again for opening my eyes. This auto rez switching never worked with my previous 4k LED so I figured it was a useless feature.

No problem. Glad it helped you. I still haven't seen an issue with my apps yet but I'm the same as you. I can always use the tv apps.

I'm just happy I have ALLM & VRR working properly

Cliff Olson and RobPT45 like this.

post #5180 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Anyone getting the occasional popup in the top right of the screen that says "HDMI 3 is now Available"? Don't know what triggers it but it will popup randomly while I'm watching something usually on HDMI 2 which the AVR is connected to. My XBox is connected to HDMI 3 of the LG but it's turned Off when this message popups up so who know why?
Do you have your Xbox in standby mode in the power options? If you do and any of your games or apps get an update online, your xbox will download and install them while it's in standby mode. I believe that may trigger the HDMI link to say it's available because it's operating in the background.
post #5181 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi guys do 8-10TB external hard drives work? I’d like to know for sure before I go out and buy one as obviously I’d hate to buy it before hand and find out there is a limitation on it. And is there any kind of “break-in” period before I mess with picture settings? I plan on getting It professionally calibrated soon

Last edited by neXo; 08-10-2019 at 05:55 PM.
post #5182 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by neXo View Post
Hi guys do 8-10TB external hard drives work? I’d like to know for sure before I go out and buy one as obviously I’d hate to buy it before hand and find out there is a limitation on it. And is there any kind of “break-in” period before I mess with picture settings? I plan on getting It professionally calibrated soon
I tried a 4 TB HDD. Only the first 2 TB showed in the menu. If I had saved a video file there, it would have played.
It's a shame that, unlike Europe, we in the U.S. cannot use the HDD as a DVR to save audio and video from the C9.

LG 55C9 OLED TV, Denon X3400H, ATV 4K, Sony UBP-X700 Blu-Ray Player, Hsu 5.1 speakers, ELAC Atmos speakers.
post #5183 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So there is a 2TB limit? Seen someone post on reddit it was 4TB, whilst others say no limit but there is not one definitive answer
post #5184 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Also ran into a pretty strange issue on my C9.
While playing on my PRO (does not matter if the title supports HDR, UHD etc.) the screen randomly goes black
for a second and then comes back. Sometimes this also happens while doing stuff in the main menu of the PS4.

If this happens while playing an HDR Game the TV also tells me that HDR is enabled (with that sweet little banner).

Now I have to find the issue. Already replaced the HDMI cable. Did not change it. Next:
Pulling the power plug for a few minutes on my PRO and on my TV.

I have not seen this issue while watching a BluRay on my BluRay Player. But this one is still an old fashion 1080p Player.

€: Also noticed this: While playing in HDR some pixels randomly are flashing red.
I guess I found the problem.
Looks like that there is a massive handshake problem between the C9 and the PS4 PRO.
This problem causes a softlock-like status between PS4 PRO and LG C9. Which results in a permanent-ficker wave.
At least as long as you turn off both devices... From what I have seen so far this flickering issue also happens on other
displays. So it might be a PS4 PRO issue. But the LG C9 also does some strange things as well.

Main problem is probably the difference between HDR and SDR Settings.
- In SDR my PS4 PRO is set to Full RGB. Same goes for the C9.
- In HDR my PS4 PRO is set to limited RGB. So is my C9.

Main problem here:
If the RGB settings on my PRO is set to auto it will "use" the settings my TV wants. Thats actually a problem.
For some reason the PRO and C9 have some different opionions on which format to use.
I do not know why. But it looks like this is the problem why the flickering starts while doing SDR stuff (actually...this happens also while you are doing nothing. Even while being in the main menu of the PS4).

So easy fix what? Yea. Nope not so fast. Selecting Full RGB on the C9 and PS4 PRO will cause problems if you want to play in HDR.
As soon as there is a HDR signal both the C9 and PS4 PRO will switch their RGB mode to Limited. For some stupid reason the C9 has an issue with that.
Thats where the next softlock starts: The C9 always tries to switch the RGB mode from Limited to Full, from Full to Limited... And guess what. Flickering is the result.

Possible fix for that: Switch the C9 as well as the PS4 PRO to Limited RGB. At least from what I can tell so far this fixes this issue.

But hey. We are not done yet. Next Problem:
- Looks like flickering can also occur of the PS4 switches its resolution from [email protected] to [email protected] YUV420 is used as soon as HDR kicks in.
My suggestion: Leave it on Auto. If you select using [email protected] instead of automatic the PS4 PRO will also try to use this in HDR. As a result the PRO (and the C9) will deliver quite a few issues:
1. While in HDR you will see some flashing red pixels. Or some flashing lines.
2. Massive frame drops ingame
3. Flickering (of course )

Most of you probably know the reason (bandwidth limitation). But hell yea. I do not even know why my PS4 PRO was fixed at [email protected] in the first place.

But we got another issue with the Automatic setting on the PRO. This might not happen with all games. But from what I have seen so far
- The Last of Us Remastered
- Red Dead Redemption 2

have issues with that. I do not know why. But it looks like they switch between SDR and HDR to often during the loading screen. This, once again will cause a softlock.
Also make sure not to switch to the main menu of the PS4 while launching an HDR Game. Games I had no problems with regarding this issue: Uncharted The Lost Legacy, Days Gone, Shadow of The Colossus, Crash Nitro Kart and God of War. But the other two games made a lot of trouble. In that case the only way to get around the softlock: Select [email protected] in the PS4 settings before you start the game. Then turn the TV and the C9 off (not just restarting in case of the PS4 PRO). And there you go.

Two quick videos:
Softlock:

Red dots:

Interesting note: I can not remember any handshake issues with my fathers Panasonic DXW784 and my PS4 PRO.
post #5185 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:
No problem. Glad it helped you. I still haven't seen an issue with my apps yet but I'm the same as you. I can always use the tv apps.

I'm just happy I have ALLM & VRR working properly

In essence, you're both right.

Jrocker23, I appreciate your video because, like Cliff, I was skeptical. This is not how ALLM/VRR were working on the C9 in Late June/Early July when I did my large write-up about this issue on the Xbox thread.

However I can now confirm after testing that with the Xbox One X set to 1080p/120hz/ALLM-On/VRR-On everything works correctly for Gaming and 4k Blu-Rays (as you said). Hooray! It still doesn't work for cable/satellite STB pass-through or streaming video. Here's what my testing on the C9 found:

• Xbox Neftlix App - Resolution is set at 4K (good!), but ALLM does trigger. You can tell because the "instant game response banner" appears when moving from the dashboard to Netflix. (You can also verify that ALLM is active by setting the picture to Cinema mode and then selecting Picture Options. Noise Reduction and Smooth Gradiation are "grayed out" (i.e. unselectable). When the TV is not in ALLM, these options are selectable for Cinema).

• Xbox Prime App - Resolution is locked at 1080P. 4K Content isn't even available. If you switch back to 4K/60hz you will see the 4K content can be selected (like The Boys). Also, ALLM triggers. You can tell because the "instant game response banner" appears when moving from the dashboard to the Prime app.

• Xbox Hulu App - ALLM triggers. You can tell because the "instant game response banner" appears when moving from the dashboard to the Hulu app.

• Cable TV Passthrough - ALLM triggers. You can tell because the "instant game response banner" appears when moving from the dashboard to the Prime app.

I'm more than happy to (finally) be able to turn on VRR and 120 hz for gaming, though! As you both said, I can just use the TV apps for streaming video.
Cliff Olson and Jrocker23 like this.

Last edited by RobPT45; 08-10-2019 at 07:01 PM.
post #5186 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
I still have some more testing to do but I think I got the input lag down in ISF modes. I had forgot to set the input to "PC" and once I did that it seemed to enable ALLM on the ISF modes, one thing I noticed was that after switching to "PC", there are a handful of options in the ISF modes that are now grayed out and can no longer be toggled. Peak Brightness is one of them, among others. The responsiveness feels pretty close now, certainly not 5-times slower as if the ALLM wasn't working. Once I try 1440p/120hz it should be easier to tell, 6ms vs 50ms will make it all the more obvious if it's not working. Hopefully I can confirm everything, then I'll happily keep the display. It would be nice if LG had an info screen that showed a full breakdown of the current display status.
post #5187 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
In essence, you're both right.

Jrocker23, I appreciate your video because, like Cliff, I was skeptical. This is not how ALLM/VRR were working on the C9 in Late June/Early July when I did my large write-up about this issue on the Xbox thread.

However I can now confirm after testing that with the Xbox One X set to 1080p/120hz/ALLM-On/VRR-On everything works correctly for Gaming and 4k Blu-Rays (as you said). Hooray! It still doesn't work for cable/satellite STB pass-through or streaming video. Here's what my testing on the C9 found:

• Xbox Neftlix App - Resolution is set at 4K (good!), but ALLM does trigger. You can tell because the "instant game response banner" appears when moving from the dashboard to Netflix. (You can also verify that ALLM is active by setting the picture to Cinema mode and then selecting Picture Options. Noise Reduction and Smooth Gradiation are "grayed out" (i.e. unselectable). When the TV is not in ALLM, these options are selectable for Cinema).

• Xbox Prime App - Resolution is locked at 1080P. 4K Content isn't even available. If you switch back to 4K/60hz you will see the 4K content can be selected (like The Boys). Also, ALLM triggers. You can tell because the "instant game response banner" appears when moving from the dashboard to the Prime app.

• Xbox Hulu App - ALLM triggers. You can tell because the "instant game response banner" appears when moving from the dashboard to the Hulu app.

• Cable TV Passthrough - ALLM triggers. You can tell because the "instant game response banner" appears when moving from the dashboard to the Prime app.

I'm more than happy to (finally) be able to turn on VRR and 120 hz for gaming, though! As you both said, I can just use the TV apps for streaming video.
Thank you, welcome..

post #5188 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
So there is a 2TB limit? Seen someone post on reddit it was 4TB, whilst others say no limit but there is not one definitive answer
I see the same 2 TB HDD size on my Windows 10 computer. It could be that the HDD needs to be reformatted to allow the whole 4 TB to act as one volume.

LG 55C9 OLED TV, Denon X3400H, ATV 4K, Sony UBP-X700 Blu-Ray Player, Hsu 5.1 speakers, ELAC Atmos speakers.
post #5189 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmercer View Post
Quote:
I see the same 2 TB HDD size on my Windows 10 computer. It could be that the HDD needs to be reformatted to allow the whole 4 TB to act as one volume.
If it's FAT32 you're limited to 8TB(?) partition and 4GB file size. I see the file size being the bigger limitation for HD videos and what not. The LG website mentions that the WebOS supports FAT32 and NTFS but then also said something about 2 TB partition size. ???

Last edited by Tanquen; 08-10-2019 at 08:27 PM.
post #5190 of 12028 Old 08-10-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanquen View Post
If it's FAT32 you're limited to 2TB partition and 4GB file size.
The volume that I described is NTFS formatted.

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...781134(v=ws.10)

"Partition Tables on MBR and GUID disks Master boot record (MBR) disks use both basic and dynamic volumes. Because partition tables on MBR disks support partition sizes only up to 2 terabytes, you must use dynamic volumes to create NTFS volumes over 2 terabytes. Windows Server 2003 manages dynamic volumes in a special database instead of in the partition table; therefore dynamic volumes are not subject to the 2-terabyte physical limit imposed by the partition table. Dynamic NTFS volumes can be as large as the maximum volume size supported by NTFS. Itanium-based computers that use GUID partition table (GPT) disks also support NTFS volumes larger than 2 terabytes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
allm , dead , directional hdmi , hdmi , lg c9 oled , lg oled c9 , lgoled , oled , oled 55 , pixel dead , pixels , soundbar advice

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page