2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 174 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6678Likes

post #5191 of 11824 Old 08-10-2019, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 541
From what I can tell, you don't need peak brightness on game mode. It essentially is equivalent to High. I did a comparison and it definitely is seems to me as bright as Peak Brightness high.

Mad Lust Envy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5192 of 11824 Old 08-10-2019, 10:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNerd666 View Post
Anyone find the ISF picture modes a little too red/yellow? On my C7 I used the Technicolor picture mode for SDR. Why isn’t it being recommended this year? Is ISF really more accurate?
I've found skin tones to often be a bit orange/muddy/terra cotta, particularly in HDR 10, and to a lesser degree in SDR. This is particularly noticeable with interior scenes intended to look warmly lit. Not noticeable in brightly sunlit scenes. I switched to Technicolor picture mode for HDR 10 (from ISF Dark) but I couldn't tell much difference. However it seems to be improving now. I'm not sure if it is the set breaking in, or if I'm just acclimating to it after a few days.

That being said, rtings.com tested the "most accurate" out-of-the-box color temperature (Warm 2) on their test unit at 5929 K which is to the red/yellow side of the 6500 K (D65) target. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has tested a C9 in Technicolor Expert mode to see where its color temperature is relative to the Technicolor target (which is not D65).
post #5193 of 11824 Old 08-10-2019, 10:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdude View Post
I can confirm that it works as well. No setup needed as well. Just went to the screen mirroring on my iPhone and worked right away. This is pretty amazing.

No one actually cares about HomeKit right? Seems useless. Google Home and Alexa just crush it.
HomeKit is pretty awesome and in many ways much more advanced than GH or Alexa. There are good threads on Reddit about those who have moved from Google Home to HomeKit and can testify to the advantages. The main one is an awesome Home app that allows you to visually control your products in addition to voice control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5194 of 11824 Old 08-10-2019, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can someone with a OLED77C9 confirm the location of the IR sensor on this model? Thanks in advance!
post #5195 of 11824 Old 08-10-2019, 11:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
I've found skin tones to often be a bit orange/muddy/terra cotta, particularly in HDR 10, and to a lesser degree in SDR. This is particularly noticeable with interior scenes intended to look warmly lit. Not noticeable in brightly sunlit scenes. I switched to Technicolor picture mode for HDR 10 (from ISF Dark) but I couldn't tell much difference. However it seems to be improving now. I'm not sure if it is the set breaking in, or if I'm just acclimating to it after a few days.

That being said, rtings.com tested the "most accurate" out-of-the-box color temperature (Warm 2) on their test unit at 5929 K which is to the red/yellow side of the 6500 K (D65) target. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has tested a C9 in Technicolor Expert mode to see where its color temperature is relative to the Technicolor target (which is not D65).
I think OLED is just poor at gradation, particularly darker tones. My C9 and A1E are both the same in that regard and the terracotta faces stuck out to me coming from plasma. Using the Technicolor mode and 2.2 gamma helps.

The Technicolor mode is meant to provide a more visually accurate white point for OLED. It definitely looks closer to my D65 calibrated monitor than the other modes. White point measurements can't be trusted on OLED and that's why professional calibrators are using modified white points for OLED calibration.

post #5196 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 01:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 4879 Post(s)
Liked: 2886
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennNYC View Post
Do you have your Xbox in standby mode in the power options? If you do and any of your games or apps get an update online, your xbox will download and install them while it's in standby mode. I believe that may trigger the HDMI link to say it's available because it's operating in the background.
Thanks, I changed it to "Energy Savings" which should solve the issue.

lujan
604 Ultra HD
723 HD
4 SD
post #5197 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Spoiler!

Once again a small update:

- Usually the PS4 PRO uses YUV422 for HDR. At least if you select the automatic option.
This also causes the same issue mentioned earlier: Screen flickering and red pixel flashing in some situations.

Manually switching to YUV420 before launching an HDR game will fix this issue. But restarting the PS4 PRO after switching is a good idea. Otherwise
Screen flickering starts once again after switching to auto.

€: Just found out that YUV422 should work just fine.
Replacing my newley bought 35€ HDMI cable once again with a known working cable.

€2: Had no problem with RDR2 now. Testing Uncharted TLL now for red pixels.

€3: Yea... I guess my new cable sucks. My old, I do not even know how old, finger thick 5€ hdmi cable works just fine.
Will continue testing in a few hours. Could also be the HDMI port. Used another port for testing. But first I need some cake.

€4: Looks like my HDMI 1 is faulty.
HDMI 3 worked fine. Will test the other ports right now.

€5: Yep, all other HDMI ports are working just fine from what I have seen.
So yea. HDMI has some problems with higher bandwidths. I will write an email to LG.
Let's see what they are saying. I could also return it to my local dealer. But I like the panel and everything else is working fine.

Last edited by fenster3000; 08-11-2019 at 10:13 AM.
post #5198 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Had the kiddies over last night to show them some 4K content.... they were (of course) amazed.

I noticed that when I press the "3-dots" button, followed by "INFO"... I do not get any information about the content, when using the internal YT app.

This works fine for content from my X1 and also from the internal Netflix app?

Normal?

-steve
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #5199 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Hi all,

I have not been following the thread as I usually do for the past couple of months, and my rule of thumb is not to upgrade firmware unless something is broken, or if there is a major benefit of doing so without breaking anything. Without going through the last several hundred posts, can I ask if there is any reason to upgrade from ver 03.60.02 to the current version? I think I ran across someone who said that PQ was adversely affected by a recent update, but I cannot find where. Thanks!

Peace... Vader

"Ya see, we plan ahead. That way we don't do anything right now. Earl explained it to me." - Valentine McKee

One sub to rumble them all. One sub to shake them. One sub to humble them all. And in the darkness break them....

post #5200 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Hi guys, I’m loving this set so far.

But I do have a stupid question I can’t seem to find an answer for. With the Logo Luminance setting, does setting it to “High” mean that the logo suppression is at it’s highest setting or does it mean that the logo luminance itself is “high” and that I should move the setting to “Low” luminance for max burn-in protection? And any reason to it shouldn’t be set to max protection (lowest luminance) all the time?

Thanks.

LG 65C9PUA
post #5201 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDDawg View Post
Hi guys, I’m loving this set so far.

But I do have a stupid question I can’t seem to find an answer for. With the Logo Luminance setting, does setting it to “High” mean that the logo suppression is at it’s highest setting or does it mean that the logo luminance itself is “high” and that I should move the setting to “Low” luminance for max burn-in protection? And any reason to it shouldn’t be set to max protection (lowest luminance) all the time?

Thanks.
High means that the tv will lower the logo luminance as low as the tv apps

TV - LG C9, C8 & C6 - AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch
MJDDawg likes this.

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #5202 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7023 Post(s)
Liked: 7045
Quote:
Originally Posted by neXo View Post
So there is a 2TB limit? Seen someone post on reddit it was 4TB, whilst others say no limit but there is not one definitive answer
I know in the Corvette PDR the 64 GB SD cards work and anything above do not unless you change the coding on the card......Wonder if this is something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumadisaster View Post

Although it is the best pq I’ve had, it’s only marginally better and I was expecting much better. It seems I traded the bad lcd blacks for crushed oled blacks. I prefer the loss of near black detail to the crap lcd blacks because I can squeeze some detail back with adjustment, at the expense of overblown white faces.
Black crush can be calibrated out.......
post #5203 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
High means that the tv will lower the logo luminance as low as the tv apps

Great. Any reason to keep it off or a lower setting?

Thanks.

LG 65C9PUA
post #5204 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJDDawg View Post
Great. Any reason to keep it off or a lower setting?

Thanks.
I have it at high. I play rocket league which has a huge panic-inducing red boost meter..it burnt my plasma, so doing all i can to save this one..

Actually, i also have a question: does this setting reduce the luminance of the static image only? I don't seem to notice a difference..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
MJDDawg likes this.
post #5205 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 01:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 907 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Moyseos View Post
I have it at high. I play rocket league which has a huge panic-inducing red boost meter..it burnt my plasma, so doing all i can to save this one..

Actually, i also have a question: does this setting reduce the luminance of the static image only? I don't seem to notice a difference..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
It's supposed to lessen the logo luminence. I don't think it effects anything else

Andreas Moyseos likes this.

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #5206 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Calibrate a LG OLED55C9PUA

An AVS forum member kindly posted the settings to adjust my previously owned HDTV, a Panasonic Viera Plamsa TV, to its ideal brightness and color specifications. Unfortunately, my Panasonic Plasma TV developed a problem that was too expensive to repair so, I recently purchased an LG OLED55C9PUA, which I am extremely pleased with. My only complaint is tat the LG's picture modes options seem to produce overly bright images with super saturated colors. Does anyone have a suggestion on what settings to use for a LG OLED55C9PUA? Thank you for your assistance.
post #5207 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper View Post
I think OLED is just poor at gradation, particularly darker tones. My C9 and A1E are both the same in that regard and the terracotta faces stuck out to me coming from plasma. Using the Technicolor mode and 2.2 gamma helps.

The Technicolor mode is meant to provide a more visually accurate white point for OLED. It definitely looks closer to my D65 calibrated monitor than the other modes. White point measurements can't be trusted on OLED and that's why professional calibrators are using modified white points for OLED calibration.
I initially tried smooth gradation when I got the set, but it didn't do what I expected and I couldn't really tell that it did anything, so I turned it back off. (What does it actually do?). I'm coming from a Sony SXRD rear projection set that had pretty high black levels, largely due to reflected and diffused light inside the cabinet, and had about a 2.1 gamma that apparently couldn't be adjusted. I'm intentionally running BT 1886 (2.4) gamma on the C9, and I think it's bringing out more of the film grain (whether that be natural or artificial) which makes the gradation appear more dithered or grainy that what I was perceiving on the Sony SXRD. Where there isn't a lot of film grain, the gradation looks reasonably smooth on the C9. Anyway, I usually prefer dark room viewing, so I'm trying to get used to the 2.4 gamma which in a lot of ways looks really good. I've compared the C9 and the Sony side by side and the Sony looks like the picture is behind a thin blue haze that is not present on the C9, otherwise they look very identical with an SDR source. I may go back and set up a bright room setting on ISF Bright with a 2.2 gamma later. I think Technicolor specifies the BT 1886 gamma and dark room viewing as optimal for their picture mode.

I'd really like to learn more about the Technicolor Expert mode, and I'm curious if Calman Home for LG is capable of correctly calibrating that mode to Technicolor's specs (with the 0.300, 0.327 reference white target, etc.).
post #5208 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Calibrate a LG OLED55C9PUA

First off, congratulations with your new tv!

I would start off with the ISF dark room mode or the Technicolor mode. Also, the set needs 200 hours of time to settle. After that you can let it be calibrated.

Also don’t forget that your eyes are adjusted to the picture quality of your former tv and your mind plays tricks on you when watching the newer model. It’s an amazing piece of gear and I advise you to calibrate that beauty after 200 hours, it will be worth it!
helvetica bold likes this.

Klipsch Reference Premiere: 4 x RP-280's, 1 x RP 450C and dual R-115W's
Marantz 7011 AVR
LG OLED C9
Apple TV 4K
PlayStation Pro
post #5209 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3660 Post(s)
Liked: 2634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oplatka7 View Post
An AVS forum member kindly posted the settings to adjust my previously owned HDTV, a Panasonic Viera Plamsa TV, to its ideal brightness and color specifications. Unfortunately, my Panasonic Plasma TV developed a problem that was too expensive to repair so, I recently purchased an LG OLED55C9PUA, which I am extremely pleased with. My only complaint is tat the LG's picture modes options seem to produce overly bright images with super saturated colors. Does anyone have a suggestion on what settings to use for a LG OLED55C9PUA? Thank you for your assistance.
Most of us went to rtings.com and used their recommended settings as a starting point. Then, an mentioned above, just watch it and accumulate some hours to let it settle in and then see how it looks.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #5210 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Hello all,

I purchased an LG C9 this weekend. I've been waiting for VRR and HDMI 2.1, but I did some additional research today and am wondering if I made the wrong decision.

It is my understanding that the LG C9 VRR mode operates at 40-120hz. Most next gen consoles will likely run at 30 FPS. Does this mean VRR is essentially useless for console gaming (unless the game is at or near 60 FPS of course)?

I'm aware that some FreeSync monitors have a Low Frame Rate Compensation feature to handle this, but I could not find any information to determine if the LG C9 also supports this. If the LG C9 does not have anything like this, could it be patched in a firmware update?

Appreciate any input as I am somewhat worried that I may have purchased a set too early and maybe should have waited.
post #5211 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc2k1 View Post
Hello all,

I purchased an LG C9 this weekend. I've been waiting for VRR and HDMI 2.1, but I did some additional research today and am wondering if I made the wrong decision.

It is my understanding that the LG C9 VRR mode operates at 40-120hz. Most next gen consoles will likely run at 30 FPS. Does this mean VRR is essentially useless for console gaming (unless the game is at or near 60 FPS of course)?

I'm aware that some FreeSync monitors have a Low Frame Rate Compensation feature to handle this, but I could not find any information to determine if the LG C9 also supports this. If the LG C9 does not have anything like this, could it be patched in a firmware update?

Appreciate any input as I am somewhat worried that I may have purchased a set too early and maybe should have waited.

Since the C9 uses HDMI 2.1 you could try looking through the documentation to see if there is anything like LFRC included in the 2.1 spec. If not, I doubt it is something that could be added with a software update but I am by no means an expert and could be wrong about that. I would say if the VRR is the only reason you bought the display and you use a console to play games on, it doesn't seem to be very practical. For a bleeding-edge PC capable of maintaining framerates above 40, it makes more sense. I don't even know what LFRC does; the FreeSync TV's have an even worse VRR range (48-120) so it makes me wonder what exactly the LFRC is doing. New consoles aren't out yet so hard to say what kind of performance they will be capable of, there's even rumors of console games adding settings menu's or graphics presets to tailor performance to a given preference so who knows, +40fps might be the norm.
post #5212 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper View Post

I initially tried smooth gradation when I got the set, but it didn't do what I expected and I couldn't really tell that it did anything, so I turned it back off. (What does it actually do?). I'm coming from a Sony SXRD rear projection set that had pretty high black levels, largely due to reflected and diffused light inside the cabinet, and had about a 2.1 gamma that apparently couldn't be adjusted. I'm intentionally running BT 1886 (2.4) gamma on the C9, and I think it's bringing out more of the film grain (whether that be natural or artificial) which makes the gradation appear more dithered or grainy that what I was perceiving on the Sony SXRD. Where there isn't a lot of film grain, the gradation looks reasonably smooth on the C9. Anyway, I usually prefer dark room viewing, so I'm trying to get used to the 2.4 gamma which in a lot of ways looks really good. I've compared the C9 and the Sony side by side and the Sony looks like the picture is behind a thin blue haze that is not present on the C9, otherwise they look very identical with an SDR source. I may go back and set up a bright room setting on ISF Bright with a 2.2 gamma later. I think Technicolor specifies the BT 1886 gamma and dark room viewing as optimal for their picture mode.

I'd really like to learn more about the Technicolor Expert mode, and I'm curious if Calman Home for LG is capable of correctly calibrating that mode to Technicolor's specs (with the 0.300, 0.327 reference white target, etc.).
Try playing a Youtube video with a mostly plain background, it’s where smooth gradation is most easily noticeable. I find the high setting makes an obvious difference.

Something like this https://youtu.be/jpG0j8T70dQ
KC-Technerd likes this.
post #5213 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Hello all,

- Most Next Gen titles will probably hit 60 Hz. Mainly because CPUs for Next Gen Consoles will be faster. The really slow Jaguar CPU is the main reason
why 60 Hz are not that common. However Devs still have the last word. Since voices (that want 60 Hz) became louder it is pretty safe to say that we will se more 60 FPS. Microsoft also mentioned 120 Hz Gaming for Project Scarlett. So yea, I guess we will see more >60 FPS games next gen.
- VRR is usless for console gaming anyway. At least most games are locked 30 or 60 FPS. Of course there might be some dips here and there. But in general
console games are really stable and well optimised. Sure, this could change in future. Maybe devs will provide an option to "unlock" the FPS like e.g. in God of War. But it is pretty save to assume that there will always be an option to lock the FPS. Also next-gen games will still be more optimised than the PC version. That is the reason why I would not care that much about VRR as a console gamer.

Last edited by fenster3000; 08-11-2019 at 05:37 PM.
post #5214 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 06:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Question ? What is your last straw end date for LG to fully enable HDMI 2.1 features on the LG C9 ?

Is it acceptable for LG to release only partial HDMI 2.1 Compliant Firmware Update ?

How long will you wait for the HDMI 2.1 Firmware Update December 2019, or December 2020 ?
post #5215 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post
Question ? What is your last straw end date for LG to fully enable HDMI 2.1 features on the LG C9 ?

Is it acceptable for LG to release only partial HDMI 2.1 Compliant Firmware Update ?

How long will you wait for the HDMI 2.1 Firmware Update December 2019, or December 2020 ?
Doesn't matter until there's a 2.1 device, so what's the point in being upset?
post #5216 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Hello all,

I don't think most will run @ 30fps... I think most developers will be targeting 60fps for 4K games, with some exceptions. So 40+ VRR range can be quite useful (if VRR feature gets support from developers of course). The "8k" games will be at 30fps, but that's another story.

Last edited by MrKiller; 08-11-2019 at 06:46 PM.
post #5217 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensingtonwick View Post
Is the HDR much brighter on this tv compared to the C8? Peak brightness tests on Rtings show a higher peak brightness on the C8 yet reviews say HDR is brighter on the C9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any takers? Input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5218 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKiller View Post
Quote:
Hello all,

I don't think most will run @ 30fps... I think most developers will be targeting 60fps for 4K games, with some exceptions. So 40+ VRR range can be quite useful (if VRR feature gets support from developers of course). The "8k" games will be at 30fps, but that's another story.
First off, thanks to everyone who responded.

I think the majority of games next gen will be 30 FPS due to ray tracing. I think that is going to be super popular next gen and FPS takes quite a hit to achieve that.

Has anyone compared VRR enabled/disabled when playing Xbox one X games that are not 60 FPS (I know Forza 7 is 60 FPS)? I imagine there would be no difference if the range for this set is 40hz-120hz, but I'd love any input on this.

I just wish LG had a lower range for VRR starting at 20hz like Samsung.
post #5219 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Hello all,

I purchased the LG C9 for the same reasons as you did. And I returned the LG C9 for many of the same concerns you have and wrote.
To that point, I don’t think the C9 will ever get full HDMI 2.1 compliant features in a firmware. LFC is a must because some games developers just think 30fps at 4K HDR is best at that point, VRR on the LG C9 is useless.
Going beyond that further more. I won’t have a PlayStation 5 until Christmas 2020 by then the LG C11 will be out at a much lower price in April of 2021 with 30,000 hour phosphors and 300+ nits Of Brightness current LG C9 is 200 to 250 nits. But that’s a different topic.
Last and most important is FreeSync 2 certification which I think a lot of TVs will go for because it’s Free and a nice feature to have. In the 30fps to 144fps range or in TVs case 120fps
30-120 VRR range makes a lot more sense. (On a side note GSYNC does not work via HDMI only Display Port.)

post #5220 of 11824 Old 08-11-2019, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
Can someone with a OLED77C9 confirm the location of the IR sensor on this model? Thanks in advance!
Here’s a photo of the bottom center of my 77C9. This appears to be the IR sensor, and when I cover it up, my remote can no longer power the TV on or off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DC71C599-7F20-41CF-A6CB-2B7466085FC5.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	2602020  
iatacs19 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
allm , dead , directional hdmi , hdmi , lg c9 oled , lg oled c9 , lgoled , oled , oled 55 , pixel dead , pixels , soundbar advice

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page