2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 182 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4354Likes

post #5431 of 6522 Old 08-16-2019, 09:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avernar View Post
If that was all that would said I would not have spoken up. I'm not against another thread for that.

But the addition of "that's not the use case for the C9" (primary or otherwise) and "you don't seem to know what to do with a C9" it becomes more of a personal attack against other C9 owners.

When a C9 Console and PC thread gets created the people here shouldn't say stuff like that to C9 gamers. Those gamers also watch movies and shows. They may have questions about that and wouldn't want to ask here because of the negative experience they had previously with their console/PC questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc2k1 View Post
I was going to post this exact thing backing you up. It's definitely a "get lost" attitude. Some folks here clearly feel superior because they don't use their C9s for "lowly gaming" which is a ridiculous attitude. I don't believe LG would consistently strive for lower input lag if they didn't want gamers to purchase their TVs. The majority of HDMI 2.1 changes with the LG C9 specifically cater to gamers.
I have an Xbox One X connected to my C9 so that's not the case for me and still I think there should be a dedicated thread for gaming.
Yea no thanks, the dedicated calibration thread for this TV is super dead and the gaming one would maybe have a post a day and then die after a year. It’s in everyone’s best interest to have all the discussions on the TV on this thread to keep it active, popular, and interesting.

I don’t use the TV as a computer monitor like some people in this thread but the discussions on different settings to help out with ABL are assuring and great to reference if I ever want to use it that way. I don’t just disregard the information and complain about it. Seriously just skim through the first few words and skip the message. It’s a good thing people post things relevant to the TV to bump the thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5432 of 6522 Old 08-16-2019, 09:42 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I have an Xbox One X connected to my C9 so that's not the case for me and still I think there should be a dedicated thread for gaming.
You guys could have PM'd a moderator long time back to start a c9 gaming thread ,instead of engaging the gamers here and calling them wrong for discussing it. Since a dedicated gaming thread does not exist, the gamers here certainly aren't breaking any rules here discussing gaming.

eARC has its own thread here and gets lots of replies, gaming is more deserving of its own thread than eARC, as c9 has gaming as one of its major focus with the inclusion of HDMI 2.1

The problem discussing gaming over here all the time is that you cannot have a gaming discussion without bringing in discussing your gaming devices too, you cannot just stick to the c9, you will invariably bring up your Nvidia graphics card or Xbox one x. For people who are just seeking info on the c9, why would they care what settings should be present on the Nvidia GTX 1080 control panel or the Xbox one x setttings menu hooked to the c9? So that's why a separate gaming thread would be better. But you guys who called out gamers being wrong for discussing gaming here should not have done so, instead had PM'd a mod for a new thread and gradually all the gaming talk would have been taken to that thread. If you already had such a thread up and running , these useless arguments since the last couple of pages could have been avoided.
Clark Burk, Ben Tan and kenjiCL like this.
post #5433 of 6522 Old 08-16-2019, 11:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6574 Post(s)
Liked: 6573
Quote:
How is gaming on this display not a relevant use case?
Normally its not, however the last 2 pages are basically about gaming....
RichB likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5434 of 6522 Old 08-16-2019, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry1975 View Post
You guys could have PM'd a moderator long time back to start a c9 gaming thread ,instead of engaging the gamers here and calling them wrong for discussing it. Since a dedicated gaming thread does not exist, the gamers here certainly aren't breaking any rules here discussing gaming.

eARC has its own thread here and gets lots of replies, gaming is more deserving of its own thread than eARC, as c9 has gaming as one of its major focus with the inclusion of HDMI 2.1

The problem discussing gaming over here all the time is that you cannot have a gaming discussion without bringing in discussing your gaming devices too, you cannot just stick to the c9, you will invariably bring up your Nvidia graphics card or Xbox one x. For people who are just seeking info on the c9, why would they care what settings should be present on the Nvidia GTX 1080 control panel or the Xbox one x setttings menu hooked to the c9? So that's why a separate gaming thread would be better. But you guys who called out gamers being wrong for discussing gaming here should not have done so, instead had PM'd a mod for a new thread and gradually all the gaming talk would have been taken to that thread. If you already had such a thread up and running , these useless arguments since the last couple of pages could have been avoided.
Gerry, I disagree:

1 - if we need another thread whenever we speak about other devices connected to the c9, then no-one here should speak about their soundbars, pre-amps, amps, harmonies, hdmi cables, shields, apple tv's, and the list goes on.
"For people who are just seeking info on the c9", the first 100 pages of this thread should have you more than covered. There's really nothing more that can be said about trumotion.

2 - if another thread is created, all of us would need to follow many threads, and the community would be split somewhat. This thread does not have so many posts daily that it's difficult to follow (rough calc, about 38 posts per day on average - should take less than a minute to go through).

3 - I'm replying to your post because you and very few other people in this thread seem to know what is 'useful' and what is 'useless' for all of us, and you guys happen to be the most assertive about your views. But, really, how useful was your post? Everything that you said was mentioned a few times over the past 2 days..
avernar and Cam1977 like this.
post #5435 of 6522 Old 08-16-2019, 11:33 PM

Andreas, like I said , approach a moderator and let him decide. What is useful or useless is not my call or yours or other posters, the moderators lay out the rules. So people having an issue with the gaming posts should approach a mod for a separate thread, he will come and evaluate the thread and see the volume of gaming related posts and decide on the basis of that whether it is okay or not to start a separate gaming thread. I think a mod okay'd the idea of running a separate c9 eARC thread so might do for gaming. If not then it can continue here.
anwsmh likes this.
post #5436 of 6522 Old 08-16-2019, 11:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2993 Post(s)
Liked: 3646
^don't come on to this thread offering those kinds of recommendations when you yourself was making unnecessary comparisons in an owner's thread. Move on, this is an LG thread, not Panasonic or Sony.
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #5437 of 6522 Old 08-16-2019, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
^don't come on to this thread offering those kinds of recommendations when you yourself was making unnecessary comparisons in an owner's thread. Move on, this is an LG thread, not Panasonic or Sony.
And a mod walked into that thread and removed all those comparison posts and told creating a separate Dolby vision comparison thread, so that's what is being suggested here, instead of people arguing between themselves, a mod can see if it's right creating a separate gaming thread. If he decides not to, then people can carry on gaming discussion here like before.
post #5438 of 6522 Old 08-16-2019, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Normally its not, however the last 2 pages are basically about gaming....
No, the last two pages are about people complaining about posts about gaming.
radamo, Markalark, EeK9X and 1 others like this.
post #5439 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 12:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry1975 View Post
And a mod walked into that thread and removed all those comparison posts and told creating a separate Dolby vision comparison thread, so that's what is being suggested here, instead of people arguing between themselves, a mod can see if it's right creating a separate gaming thread. If he decides not to, then people can carry on gaming discussion here like before.
And now somehow your in the C9 thread??? Let me also remind you that the mod had to delete Your posts because you continuously made comparisons when owners asked you to move on. Your not adding anything to this thread other than stirring the pot and jumping into a discussion that YOU are not part of. You own a Sony, stick to that thread.

Last edited by Cam1977; 08-17-2019 at 12:12 AM.
post #5440 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam1977 View Post
And now somehow your in the C9 thread??? Let me also remind you that the mod had to delete Your posts because you continuously made comparisons when owners asked you to move on. Your not adding anything to this thread other than stirring the pot and jumping into a discussion that YOU are not part of. You own a Sony, stick to that thread.
I'm curious to know how the hdr performance on a LG c9 stacks up, my previous oled was an LG 2017 model, that's what I came to read owners impressions , hdr performance in movies , but for the last two or three pages , what I see is bickering among people, not gaming posts but arguments whether gaming talk should happen or not,reading all that is why I made the post of letting a mod decide upon having a new gaming thread or not. Either ways, I just suggested I don't make the rules here. Carry on.
post #5441 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 12:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^yeah...first if that's your "reasoning" you could have totally avoided the gaming questions and asked your own about the TV. Two things you can do, either ignore the gaming discussion or block the users discussing them. Start your own thread about how the C9 stacks up, cause that sure sounds like another attempt to make a comparison, in fact their is a thread dedicated for that, just do a search.
Ken Ross likes this.
post #5442 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 01:36 AM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Finally tested the Xbox One X. Two issues:

1. As I feared, setting the Xbox One X to display at 120Hz caused audio to fail. Since that device doesn't have any other multimedia outputs, like my GPU, I had to use a digital audio cable in order to hear anything. My concern is for games that support Dolby Atmos, as that is only carried over HDMI. Any ideas?

2. Also, changing the refresh rate to 120Hz only enabled 1080p resolution when connected via the Denon receiver (AVR-X4400H), just like with the PC. I had to bypass the AVR and connect the console directly to the TV's HDMI 4 (the only one left). Only then, 1440p @ 120Hz became an option.

This issue with the Denon not supporting 1440p @ 120Hz baffles me. As I mentioned before, HDMI 2.0b has more than enough bandwidth to support that resolution at that refresh rate, even with full chroma subsampling, so that shouldn't be a problem. I really hope that Denon and LG can figure this out soon and issue a fix, as there are a lot of consumers with that exact same setup (LG C9 and X4400H).

Quote:
Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
I have a Denon 3400, but don't have a 4k tv yet so can't test any of this. However, 4k 120 isn't listed as a supported mode in the 3400 documentation. However, one other thing to try is make sure you have the Denon display overlay (ie. on-TV UI) turned off, as this may limit support for resolutions too.

Thanks for chiming in. 4K @ 120Hz really isn't supported, due to HDMI 2.0b bandwidth limitations. I was talking about 1440p @ 120Hz, which HDMI 2.0b can handle.

Quote:
Yes it does.

DVI (the output) can transmit audio, but it depends on the source, as this article explains. And since DVI cables don't carry audio, you'd still have to use a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyC9owner View Post
Yes, it's black frame insertion. I'd say the flickering it causes at 60Hz would be far worse than putting up with a little motion distortion. Keep in mind that running at 120Hz over 60Hz also reduces motion distortion. And furthermore, decreases the input lag. Although we can't currently run 4k at 120Hz, it won't be too long before we can. I can't imagine gamers having any use for the 60Hz BFI.

Interesting, thanks for explaining. I wanted to test it out myself, but I can't seem to find the setting, would you mind helping me out? Is it available for all input modes? I definitely can't find it with input set to PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrn001 View Post
I can't do 120Hz until I have the C9 or another 120Hz+ display.
Not sure if I am keen on removing HUD elements just to save from image-retention. I will have to think about this aspect now before grabbing the C9. My E6 has already got alot of image retention from Windows 10 toolbars and gaming hud elements lol.
You can set Windows 10 to automatically hide the taskbar (only shows up on mouse hover) and run browsers in full screen mode, which also hiders their toolbars. That's what I've been doing since the B7. No burn-in whatsoever (image retention does occur sometimes, but it disappears after a while, so it's not a big deal).
post #5443 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 01:45 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeK9X View Post
Interesting, thanks for explaining. I wanted to test it out myself, but I can't seem to find the setting, would you mind helping me out? Is it available for all input modes? I definitely can't find it with input set to PC.
It's in all settings -> picture mode settings -> picture options -> TruMotion.

Set TruMotion to "user" and toggle the OLED Motion setting to on.
post #5444 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Hey guys, I was checking out the web browser and unfortunately noticed something on an all white screen. I have faint vertical bands of color. On the left, it is magenta. The middle right portion has a band of yellow and then blue directly to the right of it.

Is this normal or will it go away in time? Kind of bummed out right now and not sure what to do. Thanks guys. Pic attached. It was difficult to get a picture showing the magenta, but it's there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	37602386_1566045091302.png
Views:	56
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2603742  

Last edited by tmc2k1; 08-17-2019 at 05:46 AM.
post #5445 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2096 Post(s)
Liked: 790
Quote:
Finally tested the Xbox One X. Two issues:

1. As I feared, setting the Xbox One X to display at 120Hz caused audio to fail. Since that device doesn't have any other multimedia outputs, like my GPU, I had to use a digital audio cable in order to hear anything. My concern is for games that support Dolby Atmos, as that is only carried over HDMI. Any ideas?

2. Also, changing the refresh rate to 120Hz only enabled 1080p resolution when connected via the Denon receiver (AVR-X4400H), just like with the PC. I had to bypass the AVR and connect the console directly to the TV's HDMI 4 (the only one left). Only then, 1440p @ 120Hz became an option.

This issue with the Denon not supporting 1440p @ 120Hz baffles me. As I mentioned before, HDMI 2.0b has more than enough bandwidth to support that resolution at that refresh rate, even with full chroma subsampling, so that shouldn't be a problem. I really hope that Denon and LG can figure this out soon and issue a fix, as there are a lot of consumers with that exact same setup (LG C9 and X4400H).

Quote:
Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
I have a Denon 3400, but don't have a 4k tv yet so can't test any of this. However, 4k 120 isn't listed as a supported mode in the 3400 documentation. However, one other thing to try is make sure you have the Denon display overlay (ie. on-TV UI) turned off, as this may limit support for resolutions too.

Thanks for chiming in. 4K @ 120Hz really isn't supported, due to HDMI 2.0b bandwidth limitations. I was talking about 1440p @ 120Hz, which HDMI 2.0b can handle.

Quote:
Yes it does. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]

DVI (the output) can transmit audio, but it depends on the source, as this article explains. And since DVI cables don't carry audio, you'd still have to use a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyC9owner View Post
Yes, it's black frame insertion. I'd say the flickering it causes at 60Hz would be far worse than putting up with a little motion distortion. Keep in mind that running at 120Hz over 60Hz also reduces motion distortion. And furthermore, decreases the input lag. Although we can't currently run 4k at 120Hz, it won't be too long before we can. I can't imagine gamers having any use for the 60Hz BFI.

Quote:
I can't do 120Hz until I have the C9 or another 120Hz+ display.
Not sure if I am keen on removing HUD elements just to save from image-retention. I will have to think about this aspect now before grabbing the C9. My E6 has already got alot of image retention from Windows 10 toolbars and gaming hud elements lol.
You can set Windows 10 to automatically hide the taskbar (only shows up on mouse hover) and run browsers in full screen mode, which also hiders their toolbars. That's what I've been doing since the B7. No burn-in whatsoever (image retention does occur sometimes, but it disappears after a while, so it's not a big deal).
Doesn’t that denon have EARC? Just send Xbox to tv to get 120hz 1440p and EARC back to denon.
post #5446 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 05:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2096 Post(s)
Liked: 790
Quote:
Hey guys, I was checking out the web browser and unfortunately noticed something on an all white screen. I have faint vertical bands of color. On the left, it is magenta. The middle right portion has a band of yellow and then blue directly to the right of it.

Is this normal or will it go away in time? Kind of bummed out right now and not sure what to do. Thanks guys. Pic attached. It was difficult to get a picture showing the magenta, but it's there.
Welcome to the world of oled tinting. It doesn’t change over time like banding.
post #5447 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 05:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
To be clear...

No one has told anyone that "you re using your C9 wrong" -- that's just butthurt.

No one has told anyone that gaming isn't a valid use case -- that's just butthurt.

No one has told anyone that we don't want gamers here -- that's just butthurt.

What was said is that the primary use case for a C9 is viewing content. That's just a fact.

What was said is that this thread has turned into whining about C9 features missing for gaming, or features that don't work for gaming. That's just a fact.

What was suggested is that those gaming conversation would be better served in a thread dedicated to gaming on the C9. And, the response.... surprise!!! More butthurt.
dfa973 and HiFi4Vision like this.

-steve
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #5448 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec325 View Post
To be clear...

No one has told anyone that "you re using your C9 wrong" -- that's just butthurt.

No one has told anyone that gaming isn't a valid use case -- that's just butthurt.

No one has told anyone that we don't want gamers here -- that's just butthurt.

What was said is that the primary use case for a C9 is viewing content. That's just a fact.

What was said is that this thread has turned into whining about C9 features missing for gaming, or features that don't work for gaming. That's just a fact.

What was suggested is that those gaming conversation would be better served in a thread dedicated to gaming on the C9. And, the response.... surprise!!! More butthurt.

Steve, i bet your profile photo is the face people make when they see you coming, isn't it?..
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #5449 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
Quote:

Welcome to the world of oled tinting. It doesn’t change over time like banding.
Thanks for the response. So this is something that is inherent to OLED technology? No sense in considering a replacement?
post #5450 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 07:32 AM

Liked: 9
Did anyone else have something like a dead pixel or small line of them? After using it the first time (and I think after the first small pixel refresh ran) and starting the TV the next day I had about two or three dead pixels in a small white line. I ran the manual pixel refresher and they disappeared and haven't returned since (Only have the TV since Thursday so not that many hours on it).

If someone also had this occur - did the dead pixels reappear or did the manual pixel refresh fix it for good? I'm otherwise really impressed with the TV and picture quality, although I haven't been looking at test pictures because when I know a pink cloud or something is there I'll keep looking for it (ignorance is bliss I guess). Had a Panasonic P50VT30 Plasma before and the difference is quite large, even with SDR content.

Last edited by Siran77; 08-17-2019 at 07:41 AM.
post #5451 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Moyseos View Post
Steve, i bet your profile photo is the face people make when they see you coming, isn't it?..
OMG, LOL. My wife says the exact same thing. Maybe there's something to that.

Get off my lawn
Andreas Moyseos likes this.

-steve
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #5452 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Hi fellaz, looking for some information on the C9, specifically aiming towards competitive PC FPS gaming.

I currently use an E6(2016) for a max of 60Hz gaming but have been looking at getting a proper PC gaming monitor for its higher frequency and lower input lag. But I can't stand the inferior quality of all the PC monitors screens and panels look like in comparison to my current Oled TV. Graphics quality is so much more solid and realistic on the oled TV compared to the weak and soft image on even the high end PC monitors.

With that said has anyone here tested PC gaming 1440P @ 120 Hz on the C9 please share their experience with me? How was the overall response and quality at this speed? Any issues or quality issues?

Is it a viable option for competitive PC gaming. If the C9 is really 6.9ms (RTINGS) input lag on 1440p @ 120Hz, that is already like high end PC monitor specs. So rather than me spending money on a PC monitor that looks crap compared to an Oled screen, I am thinking of just getting a C9 and calling it a day.

Please share your thoughts with me, thank you!
Competitive PC gaming isn't about the graphics quality. If you want to be competitive, you want a Gsync or FreeSync monitor that is at least 144Hz, or better 240Hz. Your PC won't be able to take advantage of VRR over HDMI at this point and you will experience tearing.

Last edited by dfedders; 08-17-2019 at 09:45 AM.
post #5453 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi4Vision View Post
This thread is certainly not meant to be used for topics like "how to configure your nVidia GPU in Windows" and "I want to use the C9 as a PC gaming monitor and am angry it doesn't work the way I want".
And, why is it not meant for those topics exactly? This is the Owner's thread, with people who own it who have questions about how to configure and use their C9-E9 OLEDs. There are more post complaining about the gaming topics, and responding to the complaining, than there are about the gaming topics themselves, so why not just let it go. There are plenty of other posts about how to connect an AVR or why certain features aren't working with a specific AVR, so maybe we should stop those posts too.

This year's OLEDs have fantastic gaming features. If you don't want to talk about the use case, I'd recommend trading in for a less expensive C8, and spend time in that thread.

Last edited by dfedders; 08-17-2019 at 10:12 AM.
post #5454 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
Doesn’t that denon have EARC? Just send Xbox to tv to get 120hz 1440p and EARC back to denon.
++ This is one of the main benefits of the C9 this year. You can connect your Xbox, or other video device directly to the TV and use eArc to still have ATMOS without the AVR introducing lag, or altering video quality.
post #5455 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfedders View Post
Competitive PC gaming isn't about the graphics quality. If you want to be competitive, you want a Gsync or FreeSync monitor that is at least 144Hz, or better 240Hz. Your PC won't be able to take advantage of VRR over HDMI at this point and you will experience tearing.
Well I didn't mean competative enough to be in pro tournaments of any sort. I meant is the C9 good and fast enough for fast paced shooting games that I can play to a high level, but not pro-level ofcourse. I just love the graphics output quality on an Oled screen much more than PC gaming monitors.

Another question, 4K @ 120Hz is obviously currently bandwidth limited, but I was wondering can we do 4K @ 100Hz atm on HDMI 2.0b on the C9?

Is that possible or is 4K @ 100Hz still too much for HDMI 2.0b?
post #5456 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
The output can transmit it but the cable can't? LOL, no. HDMI audio is transmitted in the video blanking intervals. If the video can be transmitted, so can the audio. A DVI cable has the same video transmission lines as a HDMI cable, both physically and electrically. That's why you just need an adapter and not a converter. DVI is just limited to 4.95Gbps. It's the target devices that don't support decoding the audio on their DVI inputs so a final adapter to the HDMI plug is needed.

No ARC or eARC on DVI however.
post #5457 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can anyone confirm which colour depth to set my Xbox to for this TV?
The options are 8-bit, 10-bit, or 12-bit
To my understanding from some online research is that it should be set to 8-bit, which would be for displaying SDR content, and when HDR content is displayed it would automatically switch to 10-bit. And when DV is displayed it would automatically output 12-bit.
Is this true? It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. This has not been discussed in a couple of years so it would be nice to get some professional opinions.
Thanks.
post #5458 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Question on uniformity. Is it normal for the left and right halves of the screen to have a different tint in slides.

Examples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5459 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders4life12 View Post
Question on uniformity. Is it normal for the left and right halves of the screen to have a different tint in slides.

Examples

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check my post above. I have the same issue. Magenta tinting on left and some yellow/cyan tinting on middle right. Doesn't appear to be noticeable on regular content until I'm on a scene with a nearly all white background (like a snow scene). Saw it on Wipeout Omega on PS4 as well which has an all white title main menu.

Seems to be a common issue inherent to OLEDs.
post #5460 of 6522 Old 08-17-2019, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 669
Quote:
Check my post above. I have the same issue. Magenta tinting on left and some yellow/cyan tinting on middle right. Doesn't appear to be noticeable on regular content until I'm on a scene with a nearly all white background (like a snow scene). Saw it on Wipeout Omega on PS4 as well which has an all white title main menu.

Seems to be a common issue inherent to OLEDs.
I just checked mine and I'm not seeing the colors. Have about 90 Hours on mine. Have the set about 2 weeks.

TV - LG C9, C8 & C6 - AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG 65C8, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedroom: LG 55C6P, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
Link to LG C8PUA Firmware https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
Link to LG UH8500 & C6 Firmware http://www.lg.com/us/support-product...D55C6P#manuals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
dead , lg c9 oled , lg oled c9 , oled 55 , pixel dead , pixels

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page