2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 204 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5976Likes

post #6091 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6843 Post(s)
Liked: 6840
Quote:
Originally Posted by testmicroblog22 View Post
I will post an image of the damage tonight. I want to take a look at it under a bright light. It was just using my fingernail, perhaps a bit aggressively, to pick at the corner.
Quote:
That is what I was afraid of. Also, when looking close, it looks damaged. I was usinf my fingernail at the corner to try to find the screen protector and there is a very thin plastic shield at the top that I though was the protection. I pulled at it a little but not that hard. It peeled up a bit. Looking at it I think they may object to the return. I may see if they will accept the return and will call BB tomorrow.

When you received yours, was there a screen protector on it?

See image attached...
Quote:
I will give BB a call and see if they will allow the return. Hopefully the fact that I purchased it 2 days ago will help my cause.

I don't know about the C7, but I can say that the C9 is gorgeous. I can only image what the 77" would look like (I purchased the 65").
Seeing the pic, there had to be an issue there before hand. There had to be slight delamination before you touched it, sure you may have made it a tad worse, but there was an issue prior. The only way you do not get an exchange is if you talk the rep out of it, do not talk the rep out of the return
Smigro likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6092 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
How exactly do I do that with 1x? Turn off 4k and go from there?
I recommend you visit this thread if you haven't already: Spears & Munsil UHD HDR Benchmark Disc - Discussion.

Also visit Getting started with the UltraHD Benchmark on the Spears & Munsil website, and look for the section "SDR First, Then HDR."

The disc has an “SDR 709” menu section. It's near the bottom in the main menu. This will allow you to evaluate and adjust SDR in 4k.
Yeah I've been reading. Just hard to figure out where to start.
post #6093 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Q

Hi, everyone:

After 13 years, my Panny 42" plasma is getting long in the tooth (ya' think?), but with a possible family room reno coming I could be in the market for a new TV this fall.

I'm out of the loop on all the tech that's been developed in the past decade (UHD, OLED, QLED, etc.), but the C9 55" looks great (and not obscenely expensive). However, I'm wary of OLED (which like any new-ish tech, will have teething problems as it matures). There seems to be lots of FUD out there relating to burn-in (part of the reno could include an XBox for the kids), short lifespan (I've read customer reviews of sets going green after only 3 years), and the general fragile nature of OLED tech.

What's true and what is truly FUD?

Sorry if this a dumb post. I will delete it and flee if I've violated any kind of forum rules.

A.F.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6094 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
That is what I was afraid of. Also, when looking close, it looks damaged. I was usinf my fingernail at the corner to try to find the screen protector and there is a very thin plastic shield at the top that I though was the protection. I pulled at it a little but not that hard. It peeled up a bit. Looking at it I think they may object to the return. I may see if they will accept the return and will call BB tomorrow.

See image attached...

You peeled part of the screen.

That's the protective film for the glass which is different from the film used to protect the tv during shipping...

OLED65C9PUA, NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro, BDI 8179
post #6095 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticusf View Post
After 13 years, my Panny 42" plasma is getting long in the tooth
I had a 42" 720p Panny that I bought in 2007, the C9 blows it out of the water. Even if you have the 1080p version.

Quote:
There seems to be lots of FUD out there relating to burn-in (part of the reno could include an XBox for the kids)
Burn-in becomes less of an issue every year, just like with plasma. If your 13 year old Panny doesn't have burn-in, I wouldn't be worried. The only thing to be cautious about is not letting your kids play the same game for 100s of hours straight. Make them take a break and watch tv, movies or a different game on occasion.

Quote:
short lifespan (I've read customer reviews of sets going green after only 3 years)
If you are running the tv for 12+ hours/day, it will get a bit dimmer after a few years. But, even then, if you are running it that many hours/day, you are still getting your moneys worth out of it.

Quote:
and the general fragile nature of OLED tech.
Your Panny has a glass front on it, but it survived 13 years. Unboxing and setting your tv in its place is the riskiest time. Don't drop your new OLED, don't let your kids play baseball inside, you should be fine.

Quote:
Mostly FUD. OLED looks great, but it truly shines in a dark room. QLED can look better in a bright room, but it has other issues. The vast majority of people in this thread have been very happy with their C9, and most of us are tech savvy people who are very picky about our audio/video toys.

Unless you get unlucky and get a tv with some serious issues (which can happen with any of the tv technologies), you should be very happy with a C9. And, if you get a bad one, return it for a new one.
anwsmh likes this.

LG 65" C9; Denon AVR-S750H
5.1.2: Emotiva Airmotiv C2, T-Zero (x2), E1 (x4); HSU VTF-2
post #6096 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Hi, everyone:

After 13 years, my Panny 42" plasma is getting long in the tooth (ya' think?), but with a possible family room reno coming I could be in the market for a new TV this fall.

I'm out of the loop on all the tech that's been developed in the past decade (UHD, OLED, QLED, etc.), but the C9 55" looks great (and not obscenely expensive). However, I'm wary of OLED (which like any new-ish tech, will have teething problems as it matures). There seems to be lots of FUD out there relating to burn-in (part of the reno could include an XBox for the kids), short lifespan (I've read customer reviews of sets going green after only 3 years), and the general fragile nature of OLED tech.

Sorry if this a dumb post. I will delete it and flee if I've violated any kind of forum rules.

A.F.
I've been playing rocket league for a while now, which has a huge fugly boost meter (red colour burns more easily, and it did burn my plasma), and it's all fine.
Vincent Teoh made a video recently, he also found it clean.

I think you'll be fine. But allow me to digress - unless you will be sitting extremely near the tv, i think you should also seriously consider a 65 (be it LG or not).
anwsmh likes this.
post #6097 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 120
I got some questions for you:
Ever since I got my C9 I watched like 20 Blu-Rays in SDR (my UHD-Player should arrive within the next few days ).
While watching a movie I turn all my light sources off.

At first I was using the ISF Expert Dark Room Setting as it is. I lowered OLED Light to around 35.
While watching The Amazing Spiderman I had the feeling that blacks were crushed. Details in darker areas were
simply missing. Then I started to increase OLED Light. Even with OLED Light 100 was not that much better.

In my next step I switched to ISF Expert Bright Room (even though I was sitting in a dark room).
Once again I lowered OLED Light to 35. Turns out with this picture modes details in darker areas were much better.
Even better than ISF Dark Room with OLED Light 100...

After reading the recommended settings on RTINGS I noticed that they were using ISF Dark Room with Gamma 2.2 instead of BT.1886.
Now I compared ISF Dark Room vs. Light Room while both picture presets were set to Gamma 2.2. Surprise. Now there is zero
loss in black details between Dark Room. Unfortunately I still have the feeling that I am missing some details in darker areas. At least from time to time. Increasing the Peak Brightness to Minimum will make this even better. But I do not think that this is an option I am supposed to use in SDR?

I already tried to adjust contrast/OLED Light with test patterns. But I always end up increasing/decreasing the brightness slider on my OLED. Which ruins the
picture even more. That is why I leave it at 50. With OLED Light and Contrast I am simply not able to hit reference blacks and whites. Then I do but best. But I usually see black/white bars in those images that I am not supposed to see. But that is another story I guess.

So now I decided to use RTINGS settings for now. With Peak Brightness set to off. But I do not get the point with Gamma 2.4/BT.1886.
I know that those settings will darken the image. With my old Panasonic television I never had the feeling that I lose that much details when using Gamma 2.4. As a matter of fact I am still using Gamma 2.4 on my Panasonic LCD because it just looks better in dark room. So yea. I never had a Plasma or OLED before. Is it normal that blacks appear to be more dominant on these televisions?

Last edited by fenster3000; 09-04-2019 at 12:10 PM.
post #6098 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 487
2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
I got some questions for you:

Ever since I got my C9 I watched like 20 Blu-Rays in SDR (my UHD-Player should arrive within the next few days ).

While watching a movie I turn all my light sources off.

At first I was using the ISF Expert Dark Room Setting as it is. I lowered OLED Light to around 35.

While watching The Amazing Spiderman I had the feeling that blacks were crushed. Details in darker areas were

simply missing. Then I started to increase OLED Light. Even with OLED Light 100 was not that much better.

In my next step I switched to ISF Expert Bright Room (even though I was sitting in a dark room).

Once again I lowered OLED Light to 35. Turns out with this picture modes details in darker areas were much better.

Even better than ISF Dark Room with OLED Light 100...

After reading the recommended settings on RTINGS I noticed that they were using ISF Dark Room with Gamma 2.2 instead of BT.1886.

Now I compared ISF Dark Room vs. Light Room while both picture presets were set to Gamma 2.2. Surprise. Now there is zero

loss in black details between Dark Room. Unfortunately I still have the feeling that I am missing some details in darker areas. At least from time to time. Increasing the Peak Brightness to Minimum will make this even better. But I do not think that this is an option I am supposed to use in SDR?

I already tried to adjust contrast/OLED Light with test patterns. But I always end up increasing/decreasing the brightness slider on my OLED. Which ruins the

picture even more. That is why I leave it at 50. With OLED Light and Contrast I am simply not able to hit reference blacks and whites. Then I do but best. But I usually see black/white bars in those images that I am not supposed to see. But that is another story I guess.

So now I decided to use RTINGS settings for now. With Peak Brightness set to off. But I do not get the point with Gamma 2.4/BT.1886.

I know that those settings will darken the image. With my old Panasonic television I never had the feeling that I lose that much details when using Gamma 2.4. As a matter of fact I am still using Gamma 2.4 on my Panasonic LCD because it just looks better in dark room. So yea. I never had a Plasma or OLED before. Is it normal that blacks appear to be more dominant on these televisions?

How many hours and have you done a pixel refresh?

Here is how my 10% slide looked out of the box before a pixel refresh. I was getting black crush all the way over 10% on part of the screen initially and my 5% slide was completely dark. Here is what my 10 looked initially and now my 5% and 10% are clean and look like the proper grey.

Edit- but if you have watched 20 movies you should of had a bunch of auto cycles clear it up. One think I also noticed when calibrating via the Xbox calibration, in order to have the proper brightness where the closed eye just disappears I had to have brightness at 54.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 55C9, Samsung 55KS8000, Panasonic 50VT25

Last edited by b_rad4; 09-04-2019 at 12:28 PM.
post #6099 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rad4 View Post
How many hours and have you done a pixel refresh?
Probably around 100 to 150 hours. I have not run a manual compensaction cycle yet. Only
the small cycles after my TV went into standby
This my OLED with 10% grey (settings as recommended in the Uniformity Thread):
Spoiler!

From what I can tell this looks pretty decent. I am going to watch some more movies.
Let's see how they will look.
post #6100 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Probably around 100 to 150 hours. I have not run a manual compensaction cycle yet. Only

the small cycles after my TV went into standby

This my OLED with 10% grey (settings as recommended in the Uniformity Thread):

Spoiler!

From what I can tell this looks pretty decent. I am going to watch some more movies.

Let's see how they will look.

Yeah, that definitely isn't the issue then, thought I would throw it out there cause my blacks were being crushed like crazy. Here was mine after the refresh, crazy the difference.

post #6101 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 01:21 PM

I am watching "2012" right now.
So far so good. I do not have any complaints right now
Maybe I am just too picky (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

TV: LG OLED 55C97LA | Panasonic TX-40CXW684
LS: 2x nuBox 381 | 2x nuBox DS-301 | 2x nuBox WS-103 | 1x nuBox CS-411 | 1x nuBox AW-443 | 2x nuPro A-200
SRC: Yamaha RX-V675 | Panasonic DMP-BDT500EG | Panasonic DP-UB824 | PS3 | PS4 | PS4 PRO
post #6102 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080pee View Post
I can't see any film on the front of my C9 65", the front had one big one of course with red tabs on the bottom. I goofed and ran the unit for 3-5 hours before remoivng it "Just in case" I returned it or it was faulty. But nothing happened of course. Still I shouldn't have left it on.

Huh? How can you not see any film on the front when you are saying that the front had one big one with red tabs on the bottom?

As far as removing the film; there is no need to remove it at all. I actually ran the T.V. for weeks with the film left on intentionally because I knew I was going to remove it off the mount & I wanted to maintain its protective film while it was being handled. No ill effects...
post #6103 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rad4 View Post
I was in the same boat. I tried 65” B8, C8 and C9 and it was awful, each had 4 different tinted strips on whites and I watch hockey and play NHL too and it wasn’t possible for me to accept.

I then tried a 55” C9 and it is perfect.

Also, I’m not sure you will like the Vizio. I had the tried 2 P65 a few years ago and it was horrible for uniformity and DSE was even worse. Both I tried also had yellow tinting on whites. Finally it had bad grey uniformity that caused the sides to be really washed out on certain colours. Here is a good example. I would try and find a good C9.

I will,be honest, if I were not in a dark room and had light to deal with my Sony 65X900E is an amazing picture and color fidelity. That new 8K master series looks amazing, jut not sure I can do anything other than an OLED in my pitch dark room.

Sony 77A9G (Also XBR65X900E and XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
post #6104 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Thanks for the info, Andreas and Baff, appreciate it.

Lol, I'll do my best not to drop it or play baseball in the house (never know with my kids, though). An actual issue is the room has a LOT of windows and can get bright during the day unless the curtains are drawn. The Panny doesn't fare well in bright light, either, so not sure how much of an issue this will be with OLED.

65" is tempting, but is a bit over my budget and could be overkill for the room size. Although it's 20 feet, I think we'll put the couch a little closer than midway of that point to have some room behind for home office desk, chairs, etc. Final configuration needs to be approved by CO.

In any event, my plan is to have electrician wire the space for surround and rear speakers. I've thought about Atmos but.....that might be a stretch goal (see also: CO).
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #6105 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I think you'd get more enjoyment out of a 65-75" LCD at those distances, especially with lots of ambient light. Just my opinion.

post #6106 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper View Post
I think you'd get more enjoyment out of a 65-75" LCD at those distances, especially with lots of ambient light. Just my opinion.

Totally agree with this! I am 8 feet away from my 65 inch, and it’s the perfect distance for viewing. So glad I didn’t go with the 55.

post #6107 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Thanks for the info, Andreas and Baff, appreciate it.

Lol, I'll do my best not to drop it or play baseball in the house (never know with my kids, though). An actual issue is the room has a LOT of windows and can get bright during the day unless the curtains are drawn. The Panny doesn't fare well in bright light, either, so not sure how much of an issue this will be with OLED.

65" is tempting, but is a bit over my budget and could be overkill for the room size. Although it's 20 feet, I think we'll put the couch a little closer than midway of that point to have some room behind for home office desk, chairs, etc. Final configuration needs to be approved by CO.

In any event, my plan is to have electrician wire the space for surround and rear speakers. I've thought about Atmos but.....that might be a stretch goal (see also: CO).
I think it all depends on what you want/need for "brightness". We have our 65C9 mounted above the fireplace in a very bright room and I have no issues with it during daylight hours. OF course I never had issues with my Kuro plasma either.

I run ISF Day and ISF Night appropriately and I set the OLED Light up to 56 in ISF Day and to 39 for ISF Night.
anwsmh likes this.

-steve
"...and all the science, I don't understand. It's just my job, five days a week."
post #6108 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I wonder if it's a good idea to run the pixel refresher a few hours after powering up the OLED at home for the first time.
post #6109 of 10277 Old 09-04-2019, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelrode View Post
I wonder if it's a good idea to run the pixel refresher a few hours after powering up the OLED at home for the first time.

Nah, don’t bother with that. You may do more harm than good.

It will run a quick compensation cycle if you have the TV on for more than 4 hours and will run it’s first pixel refresh after 1000 hours (I believe, someone correct me if I’m wrong).
Mabelrode and mrtickleuk like this.
post #6110 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelrode View Post
I ran it right away and it cleared mine up a ton. That is a pic right before running it and right afterwards. I am sure the auto cycles would have helped but I wanted to make sure it cleaned up right away.

post #6111 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1798 Post(s)
Liked: 1163
Ha what the hell, I had my C9 since May and just noticed the plastic on the back!
It’s so well placed I never noticed it.

LG65C9, XBOX ONE X, PS4PRO, APPLE 4K, SONY STRDN1070, TAKE CLASSIC 5.1
post #6112 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:

See image attached...
Um.... what the hell?

The plastic screen protector is obviously that, a screen protector. I am baffled that someone would approach a screen without one and manage to pull up the laminate on the screen itself but somehow you managed to do it.

Fun aside, someone in the Q90R did the same thing with their 88" TV. "I was told there is a screen protector on here" and managed to gouge the corner of the TV quite badly much like you've done to this TV.

Is this the manufacturers fault for not providing a screen protector in the first place? Maybe. Having peeled protective plastic off of literally hundreds of screens/devices (I was a video conferencing engineer for a while and unboxed numerous brand new TVs from several manufacturers) I am still a bit dumbstruck that someone would do this.

Good luck I'm sure BB will take care of it for you.
npsacobra likes this.
post #6113 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 669 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
Ha what the hell, I had my C9 since May and just noticed the plastic on the back!
It’s so well placed I never noticed it.

I'm sure glad we're getting to the bottom of film-gate. Not like there aren't real problems with this TV we'd like to get fixed.
anwsmh likes this.
post #6114 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1798 Post(s)
Liked: 1163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
I'm sure glad we're getting to the bottom of film-gate. Not like there aren't real problems with this TV we'd like to get fixed.

No one here is preventing you from conducting serious business. I’m not an LG engineer so sorry I can’t help you.

LG65C9, XBOX ONE X, PS4PRO, APPLE 4K, SONY STRDN1070, TAKE CLASSIC 5.1
post #6115 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Um.... what the hell?

The plastic screen protector is obviously that, a screen protector. I am baffled that someone would approach a screen without one and manage to pull up the laminate on the screen itself but somehow you managed to do it.

Fun aside, someone in the Q90R did the same thing with their 88" TV. "I was told there is a screen protector on here" and managed to gouge the corner of the TV quite badly much like you've done to this TV.

Is this the manufacturers fault for not providing a screen protector in the first place? Maybe. Having peeled protective plastic off of literally hundreds of screens/devices (I was a video conferencing engineer for a while and unboxed numerous brand new TVs from several manufacturers) I am still a bit dumbstruck that someone would do this.

Good luck I'm sure BB will take care of it for you.

BB is going to take care of it. I told them what exactly what happened and they agreed to give me a new one without cost. I feel fortunate that they are willing to.

It may strike you as unbelievable that someone reasonable would make such as mistake, but I respectfully disagree. The screen laminate sheet, as you referred to it, was ever so slightly offset from the glass substrate so it felt like a screen protector. I didn't really apply much force at all, just kind of picked at it with my fingernail to see if it would peel back, and it kind of popped off (at which point it was obviously not a soft plastic screen protector). I would say there were three causes (A) It was delivered without a screen protector while at least some others of the exact same model are shipping with a screen protector, (B) Either the adhesive holding the laminate sheet to the glass was weak in that corner or it is incredibly delicate, and (C) Lack of enough caution on my part. For me, I was balancing caution against being the guy who ends up watching their TV through a screen protector for a few years.

Anyways, Kudos to BB for taking it back. As a side note, in the future, I am going to put purchases like this on my AMEX card since they seem to provide coverage (up to $1000) on damage like this just in case.
post #6116 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 99
My 65" C9 arrived yesterday. One thing I am having trouble with is casting music from my phone. With Google Assistant built in, I assumed that I would be able to cast from Google music to the TV. However, I cannot seem to make it an option. All I've been able to do is Miracast my phone, which shows up as a small PIP box on screen, and I then have to unmute it to get music from my phone to the TV. Of course, I can't use my phone for anything else or the sound will come from the TV. Is there no way to play my music from Google on the C9?
post #6117 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 496
Quote:
Please give us your list of approved topics to discuss oh Great One.
Fiction and Andreas Moyseos like this.

Media: LG 88" 8K OLED Z9 / Denon AVR-X8500H 7.1.4 / Oppo UDP-203 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / Sony 4K FMP-X10 / Gaming PC (Threadripper 1950X / 2x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SLI) / PlayStation 4 Pro with PS VR / PlayStation (original)
Family: Sony 85" 4K XBR-85X900F / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K / C64 Mini - Game: LG 77" 4K OLED C8 / Denon AVR-X3400H 5.1 / Nvidia SHIELD (2017) / Apple TV 4K
post #6118 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaurelio View Post
My 65" C9 arrived yesterday. One thing I am having trouble with is casting music from my phone. With Google Assistant built in, I assumed that I would be able to cast from Google music to the TV. However, I cannot seem to make it an option. All I've been able to do is Miracast my phone, which shows up as a small PIP box on screen, and I then have to unmute it to get music from my phone to the TV. Of course, I can't use my phone for anything else or the sound will come from the TV. Is there no way to play my music from Google on the C9?
since the c9 doesn't have chromecast, just google assistant, maybe not.. i have youtube music and it won't cast it in the youtube app..
even though it's not very likely to be your solution, try 'TV cast' - you have to install it on both the phone and the tv, maybe you can do something with that..?
post #6119 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Can anyone help me with using oled motion when playing Xbox one x. The motion settings are greyed out when on my Xbox.

post #6120 of 10277 Old 09-05-2019, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 844 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders4life12 View Post
Can anyone help me with using oled motion when playing Xbox one x. The motion settings are greyed out when on my Xbox.

If you're in game mode, they are supposed to be. Use a different mode like isf or Technicolor

If you have ALLM (auto low latency mode) selected on the xbox, uncheck it and use anything but game mode.

Also make sure under tv settings, you dont have ALLM selected also.

TV - LG C9, C8 & C6 - AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
allm , dead , lg c9 oled , lg oled c9 , oled 55 , pixel dead , pixels

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page