AVS Forum banner
2M views 19K replies 2K participants last post by  guitarguy316 
#1 · (Edited)
2019 LG C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk)

Order placed on a 65" C9–my first OLED and first to HDMI 2.1. :D Hope to have it in about a week. HERE. WE. GO.

More Info:

OFFICIAL" 2019 LG C9 Consolidated Info, FAQ, Troubleshooting, Firmware & more

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-o...d-info-faq-troubleshooting-firmware-more.html

Note: The above link is not a replacement or clone for this thread (and others) is the main source of this consolidation thread.

#6,722 · (Edited)
...are you sure about this? I'm only offered Stereo as an option when I go straight into the C9 - hence signature on the petition and the wait for LG to pull their finger out and sort it.

...interested to hear how you did this? Txs
Does your AVR support eARC?
Did you enable Spatial Sound and downloaded the Dolby Access app from MS Store?
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/coreaudio/spatial-sound
It should be free if you have an Atmos source.

EDIT: I wrote to a friend of mine and this is the answer (pls. consider he's Italian like me) :)

With LG go under the audio menu and enable Arc, set automatic digital format and if your amplifier supports eArc enable it, then under Additional settings > HDMI input format > set Bitstream

#6,723 ·
There will be no upgrade to HDMI 2.1 via firmware upgrades!
Only board+firmware. And that only for flagships. The truly expensive flagships.
You will need to buy a new AVR if you want HDMI 2.1.
Except for Marantz SR8012, AV8805 and Denon AVR-X8500H. Those are slated to get new HDMI 2.1 boards, you will have to send your unit in though.

#6,725 ·
Except for Marantz SR8012, AV8805 and Denon AVR-X8500H. Those are slated to get new HDMI 2.1 boards, you will have to send your unit in though.
I have already said that - in my previous post.
There will be no upgrade to HDMI 2.1 via firmware upgrades! Only board+firmware. And that only for flagships.

#6,726 ·
Quick question; does anyone know how to remove "Not programmed" if the TV has no antenna?
Try to:
1. Auto search/setup for channels even if you do not have an antenna or cable connected to the TV.
2. Use an old VCR or another device (game console) with RF output to tune the TV to that channel.
3. Use an improvised antenna to tune to a near TV station, as faint as it may be.

Is there a way to disable the "TV" part as I only use the TV for IPTV and Bluray.
Not that I know.

#6,729 ·
Wired vs Wireless - should I hardwire the display or the cable box or neither? And run everything wireless?
Wired. Allways.

Wired for fixed equipment (if wired is supported).
Wireless for mobile equipment.
There are exceptions to these "rules", of course.

#6,730 ·
Are there any advantages/disadvantages from having my pc set as a pc vs a console in the LG input menu? I only use my pc for games.
PC mode handles chroma subsampling properly and text appears clearer. Unfortunately, there's more obvious banding in video material (not sure about gaming). There's discussion about this in the thread somewhere.

#6,731 ·
PC mode handles chroma subsampling properly and text appears clearer. Unfortunately, there's more obvious banding in video material (not sure about gaming). There's discussion about this in the thread somewhere.
I would assume you mean 'handles full rgb properly', since subsampling is used by all video content, and you don't need pc mode for that.

#6,732 ·
North American C9

Has timers and auto power off under settings/ general/timers
Argh. Bzzt, nooo! I have the exact same timers menu.

As you'll see from reading the earlier messages, it's not about that "2 hours auto power off". That one, only turns the TV off after two hours if it was turned on by a timer in the same menu.

The OP wants to find the OTHER "auto power off", which on my UK C8 is in a menu called "Eco Mode" which also has "HDD Eco Mode" to cut power to an external USB which you haven't used for some time.

It will need him or someone else to go through the menus to find that option. But it's NOT the one in the timers menu!

#6,733 ·
Argh. Bzzt, nooo! I have the exact same timers menu.

As you'll see from reading the earlier messages, it's not about that "2 hours auto power off". That one, only turns the TV off after two hours if it was turned on by a timer in the same menu.

The OP wants to find the OTHER "auto power off", which on my UK C8 is in a menu called "Eco Mode" which also has "HDD Eco Mode" to cut power to an external USB which you haven't used for some time.

It will need him or someone else to go through the menus to find that option. But it's NOT the one in the timers menu!
Got ya . [emoji106]

TV - LG C9, C8 & C6 - AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

#6,734 ·
Got ya . [emoji106]
:)

This one!

Hopefully it's just moved somewhere silly on the C9, and not been dropped. But I can't find it from here ;)

Attachments

#6,735 ·
But then how would I get Atmos/DTSX to the receiver for that device? The 2080Ti only has 1 HDMI port and my gaming/movie device is the same HTPC. The only conclusion I can come up with is that I'd need to buy a second NVIDIA GPU and use it just for sound.

DP to HDMI adapter won't work because my run is ~15 feet, and DP won't do 4k@60 or 1440@120 over that distance.
As soon as you use a DP to HDMI adapter, the signal on your cable is HDMI, so DP length limits don't apply. HDMI limits apply instead.

#6,740 ·
Blue screen of death using Comcast 4k box. Anyone else experienced this? Upon restarting the TV, instead of connecting to the cable box it gets restarted and shows blue screen for several minutes until the cable end gets sorted out.
I have a 4K X1 DVR and have never experienced that problem. The 4K box is much quirkier than the old X1 DVR, though. So, it wouldn't surprise me if that was actually your problem.