2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 338 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6710Likes

post #10111 of 11896 Old 12-03-2019, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5372 Post(s)
Liked: 7765
Quote:
Originally Posted by avernar View Post
No! HDMI 1.4 has YCbCr 4:2:2 pixel encoding. It can transport 10 and 12 bit pixels just fine.
We're talking about how Dolby Vision transports its proprietary signal, which includes Metadata (not and a Base Layer and an optional Enhancement Layer, that can be two separate HEVC video streams, all over a single HDMI connection. It's data wrapped up and tunnelled in 8bit RGB.

And this is why the HDMI screen says it's 8bit RGB, because it IS 8bit RGB at the transport layer, which is all that screen is looking at.

Quote:
Where the heck did you get this tunneling theory from?
I should really ask you where the heck did you get your irrational disbelief of new information from? It's not theory it's fact, you can find it in posts on the Calibration threads, the HDFury thread is a good resource; posts from Spectracal, @ConnecTEDDD , all over. Here's one, and no, it's not the only one.

I'm more disappointed that you just flatly stated "that's wrong", misleading readers, without wanting to learn anything, merely because you didn't know about it . Dolby Vision's method of transporting its signal is not news and has been known about since the start of Dolby bloody Vision!
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs

Last edited by mrtickleuk; 12-03-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10112 of 11896 Old 12-03-2019, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
With 24p content and Real Cinema ON, I haven't seen any problem or interpolation.
Are you going by eye, and if so are you generally highly sensitive to SOE and other weird motion processing issues and artifacts (aside from OLED stutter)? or are you using some kind of gadget to measure perceived frame rate?

Now I'm wondering if I have a bad unit, or something configured incorrectly. Or if I am seeing "correct" 24p playback on OLED for the first time and it just looks weird to me. I'm definitely seeing it on webOS-driven streaming sources as well. I'll check the hidden menu to verify I'm actually looking at 1080p24, 4Kp24, etc.
post #10113 of 11896 Old 12-03-2019, 06:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
And this is why the HDMI screen says it's 8bit RGB, because it IS 8bit RGB at the transport layer, which is all that screen is looking at.
You are right. I was wrong.

Thank you for beating me over the head with a clue bat. I deserved it.

Last edited by avernar; 12-03-2019 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10114 of 11896 Old 12-03-2019, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygeezy View Post
Okay, for those of us with gsync issues causing flashing or blanking out. I think I know whats going on. I believe it's a tcon failure. Linus in this video discusses that wild swings in refreshrate that the tcon board cant cope with will blank out to protect the panel. Multiple people have this issue, while some aren't reporting this issue. So who knows how widespread it is since gsync users are niche. Im having a tech come out tomorrow that i've briefed on this issue as well as my coil whine. If he ends up determining that the panel itself also needs to be replaced i'm going to ask to get this exchanged. I shouldn't have issues with both the tcon board and power supply out of the box which would be a shame since my uniformity is pretty good.

https://youtu.be/Um0PFoB-Ls4?t=141

https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussio...inch-c9#latest
https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussio...r-on-c9#latest
https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/commen...ed_with_gsync/
Interesting. I have been playing RDR2 since release on C9 with gsync and never saw it flicker.
post #10115 of 11896 Old 12-03-2019, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone used murideo 4K test patterns on YouTube to check their black and white levels on their c9?
If so can I get an accurate outcome if it is less than 4K streaming?
With our internet I will be lucky to get 480p.
It’s almost always below 1 Mb/s.
post #10116 of 11896 Old 12-03-2019, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
It's not at all surprising, because what is transported over the HDMI connection *IS* an 8-bit RGB signal. The HDMI diagnostics which tell you it's 8-bit RGB are 100% correct. If it said otherwise it would be lying about what is being carried over HDMI which is what that screen is intended for the engineers to use, for when they are diagnosing problems with the HDMI connections.

Dolby Vision's 10 or 12 bit 4:2:2 signal is tunnelled inside this 8-bit RGB container, which is why Dolby Vision works over HDMI 1.4 connections.

Finally when you say "the tv can properly interpret the bits for display purposes" you may be forgeting that it's the Dolby Vision processing engine which does this, not the TV. Dolby Vision is a "black box" and the TV manufacturer has no access to this even though it's running inside their own TV; it's fully controlled by Dolby. Often used to be called the "Dolby chip" inside the TV, it's easier to understand it this way even if it's not the way it's implemented in current models.

HTH
I am sure that you have your facts right. I would humbly suggest that a different choice of words in your initial post would have avoided some confusion.

When I use Wireshark to sniff IP packets it _could_ claim that «its all bytes, dummy». It does not, however. It interprets those bytes and may say that a given packet is protocol so-so, and encodes for e.g. a 16-bit word.

As my tv shows a popup claiming «Dolby Vision», clearly, some part of the tv knows that this is a DV stream. Now, it might be that this gui overlay is rendered inside a blackbox Dolby chip but I doubt it. At the very least, the tv have different image settings for HDR vs SDR, I dont see how the LG engineers would practically do that without knowing what kind of stream they are working on.

I think (?) what you are saying is that this menu is a HDMI debugging sniffer that only attempts at low level protol/stream setup info. At that level you probably are right that «8-bit» vs «10-bit» look the same. If so, I question why LG would want to show a value if it can never be anything else than what it is right now («8-bit») but I digress

Last edited by knutinh; 12-03-2019 at 11:05 PM.
post #10117 of 11896 Old 12-03-2019, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarleyUK View Post
1. I have a Denon x6400 receiver that’s has a Shield Pro and a couple of other things connected to it. This is to allow films on the shield to play Atmos etc, as the Q9 doesn’t pass Atmos back to the receiver due to no eARC. If I connect the Shield to the C9, would it pass Atmos etc back to the Denon?
Sorry, 2017 Denon's eARC does not work with the C9. ARC works, but not eARC. 2018 & 2019 models do work correctly with eARC.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...fo-thread.html

LG 65" C9; Denon AVR-S750H
5.1.2: Emotiva Airmotiv C2, T-Zero (x2), E1 (x4); HSU VTF-2
post #10118 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baff View Post
Sorry, 2017 Denon's eARC does not work with the C9. ARC works, but not eARC. 2018 & 2019 models do work correctly with eARC.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...fo-thread.html

Oh FFS. That’s incredibly frustrating. So I have to spend another £1000 to get it working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10119 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 12:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billycar11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStorm View Post
Hey, does anyone know how to get 5.1/7.1 Sound out of a PC when connected to the LG C9 and a Receiver? I PC game and want to take advantage of G-Sync on the RTX 2080 I have with 5.1/7.1 audio . I currently have an HDMI connected straight from the graphics card to the C9 so I can get G-Sync, then I have another HDMI connected from the Graphics card to a Newer Denon AVR. When I watched Netflix 5.1 Content on my PC, it only outputs Multi Channel "Stereo." When I select Dolby Surround Sound on my Receiver, it outputs the voices into the 2 tower speakers and NOT the center channel. Please let me know if anyone has this TV and uses their PC connected to it and a receiver for gaming on their PC and can get Surround sound. Thanks!
many of us do this same thing separate hdmi cables from pc to tv and avr.
this works no problem with my old sony avr HT-SS380 i get 5.1 pcm no problem as well as dolby true hd and dts ma
my only advice really is make sure windows is set up for it in the advanced setup menu and try out the test audio and see if it comes from all speakers and the correct ones
Have you gotten 5.1 Audio out the C9 connected to your PC and AVR? In Windows it shows that my AVR connected supports DTS, DTS MA, etc but I'm still only getting 2 channel audio out of my AVR when connected to my PC for gaming. What settings in Windows do I need to adjust? Thanks!
post #10120 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 12:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3479 Post(s)
Liked: 4331
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantc View Post
Yes. The diagnostics screen needs to come with the big caveat that it doesn't properly report HDR or Dolby Vision.
Hi, there no problem with LG Diagnostic Screen identifing DoVi content. The stream is 8bit RGB:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58891750

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantc View Post
Its an HDMI Diagnostic screen so it is showing exactly what is being sent over the HDMI connection. HDR and Dolby Vision are both encapsulated in 8 bit containers. As mrtickleuk said this was never meant to be seen by end users so you have to have some technical knowledge to interpret it.
The HDR10 are not using Dolby's HDMI Tunneling (RGB 8-bit wrapper method), they stream according to your player output settings, so it can be YCbCr REC.2020 10/12bit 4:2:0/4:2:2/4:4:4 with HDR10 metadata thru HDMI 2.0a.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration S/W: LightSpace ZRO / HCFR
S/W: ColourSpace INF, LightSpace XTP, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, ChromaPure
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box P/G: Murideo Six-G, DVDO AVLab TPG
Meter: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A
post #10121 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 12:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3479 Post(s)
Liked: 4331
Quote:
Originally Posted by alakaboo View Post
Are you going by eye, and if so are you generally highly sensitive to SOE and other weird motion processing issues and artifacts (aside from OLED stutter)? or are you using some kind of gadget to measure perceived frame rate?

Now I'm wondering if I have a bad unit, or something configured incorrectly. Or if I am seeing "correct" 24p playback on OLED for the first time and it just looks weird to me. I'm definitely seeing it on webOS-driven streaming sources as well. I'll check the hidden menu to verify I'm actually looking at 1080p24, 4Kp24, etc.
I use 24p reference videos: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post58623104

Also the content can be responsible for the stuff are seeing, for that reason I recommended from users to use only content which have control of the frame rate (no streaming services), a blu-ray disk of a commercial movie (which is always 23.976p/24p).

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration S/W: LightSpace ZRO / HCFR
S/W: ColourSpace INF, LightSpace XTP, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, ChromaPure
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box P/G: Murideo Six-G, DVDO AVLab TPG
Meter: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A
post #10122 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Have you gotten 5.1 Audio out the C9 connected to your PC and AVR? In Windows it shows that my AVR connected supports DTS, DTS MA, etc but I'm still only getting 2 channel audio out of my AVR when connected to my PC for gaming. What settings in Windows do I need to adjust? Thanks!
There'll be an update "Q2 2020" as I've read it that fixes this. Until then I don't know if it can be fixed. I've connected through my AVR for now.

Also, when connecting the PC directly to the C9, I get significant audio delay. Not sure what causes it, but I didn't want to spend too much time debugging right now since I have to use PC -> AVR -> TV at the moment, and then the audio works fine.
post #10123 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 12:47 AM

Anyone able to get surround from the C9's internal YouTube app? I only get stereo, even on some surround sound test videos on YouTube. (I get surround from the HBO app, so my setup is seemingly fine.)
post #10124 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Oh FFS. That’s incredibly frustrating. So I have to spend another £1000 to get it working?

Just looking around online, seems the x2600h is decent and does everything I need; can anyone confirm it’s eARC works with the C9?

And does it enable connected devices to pass through functions like VRR for the Xbox one?

post #10125 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
yes i get 5.1 while connected to my avr and c9 separate HDMI cable for both my Strix 1070Ti has 2 HDMI ports thats one of the reasons i got it because i knew i would need to do this im not upgrading my avr until HDMI 2.1 ones are out

in windows go to the sound control panel and click configure on your avr and set it up for your speaker config should look like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-12-04 030808.png
Views:	196
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	2649122  
post #10126 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLAsN View Post
Hahahaha!

Did you know, Youtube has always only supported Stereo sound?

Hahaha, TIL 🤣
post #10127 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSP View Post
Hahaha, TIL 🤣
No worries! We all learn something new every day! I too learn a lot from other more experienced people here when talking about something out of my realm of expertise as well!
post #10128 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 02:04 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi fellow tech fans. I have upgraded last week from my oled c9 55 inch to a 65 inch c9. While the 55 inch was a perfect display in terms of uniformity, the 65 inch is, as you'd expect a different story.

Stunning image overall, but I immediately noticed a vertical band right out of the box. So been reading about this "problem” a lot and watched some videos. The past days I can clearly see it improving. But it is not gone. The famous Marco Polo test was successful. So in that content it won’t be irritatingly visible.

But! I’m a gamer and pan a lot. In most scènes it is not clearly visible. Even BOTW on Switch you need to look for it. But when viewing a bright white area and you pan, it is clearly visible (to me). I just got it last Thursday. So been watching almost a week for approximately 4-5 h average a day. So is have around 30-40h screentime. It will likely get better if I understand the breakin period correctly. Xbox one grey settings menu are uniform.

So my question is seeing my screenshots attached I’d like your opinion on how bad or good it is. And if it’s in the high end of best displays, or in the 'try the lottery' end of display quality.

My personal opinion is that comparing to others screenshots and video's I think I have an orange instead of a lemon. It might become a strawberry over time, or a really sweet orange. My wife can't see it, and I havent told her where the vertical band is clearly visible. What has been seen, cannot be unseen. I'd like to see your reaction on my screenshots! I have taken these on Monday in the complete dark (worst case and camera obviously registers more than I see with my eyes). The screen has had a new auto pixel refresh since then. It looks even a little better now. Havent done a manual one, because I trust the tv doing his own circle. I love OLED btw. It's out of this world.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0098.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	2649126   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0104.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	2649128   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0103.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	2649130   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0102.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	2649132   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2649134  

Name:	IMG_0100.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	2649136   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0101.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	2649138  
post #10129 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 02:41 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You really need to look for it even on those pictures... I can't imagine this being an issue in real life content watching but I guess some of us are more sensitive than others to picture uniformity.
post #10130 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 02:45 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think it looks pretty good, i cant see any hard vertical banding. Although you could take more realistic pictures. For example use the "isf dark room" out of the box picture mode and adjust your camera ISO, try to match it like how you see the screen with your own eyes in terms of brightness.

I took some shots from my C9 after 20-30 hours of viewing.

Sometimes i can see some vertical banding in dark scenes, but its very very rare. I havent seen it at bright white scenes to this point, for example while playing RDR2.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	l7dn8B4.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	2649140   Click image for larger version

Name:	PiOKMxX.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	2649142   Click image for larger version

Name:	CLfXB6a.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	4.44 MB
ID:	2649144  

Last edited by Lors; 12-04-2019 at 02:50 AM.
post #10131 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 03:16 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, that gives a good feeling about the screen uniformity. I will try to set it to ISF-dark room and with changed ISO to take some more realistic pictures.

Been playing RDR as well. I do see it slightly in bright skies in that game when looking for it. Also it is really clear in
with the pan over the beach. But as said: I think it is improving since OoTB. That is tip 1: don't start looking for things immediately (I did do that obviously).

I can't seem to find the total viewing hours information in the menu's. It is just not there. Could it be that its language specific? Would be dull if that is the case. I have it set to Dutch.

I do see that with all the compression on YT, as little as can be seen of the vertical bands it is almost completely gone. I think ill keep monitoring, but can be satisfied with what I've got

Ill update my experience further down the road. I think its interesting information for new OLED 65 inch owners to know how much the screen 'breaks-in' after time!
post #10132 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 03:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 882
Quote:
Just looking around online, seems the x2600h is decent and does everything I need; can anyone confirm it’s eARC works with the C9?

And does it enable connected devices to pass through functions like VRR for the Xbox one?

For the vrr & allm features, you will need to run the Xbox direct to the tv since no current AVR has 2.1 HDMI.

You can then run HDMI from HDMI 2 to avr for the audio

LG C9, C8, C6 w/Pioneer SC-LX502 AVR, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch
FarleyUK likes this.

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #10133 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi,

noticed in my lg 55 c9 that when I go to the Youtube app and change gamma picture doesn't change.
Only when I turn on some video, then gamma change causes picture change.

Do you know why this is happening and what can be done to fix it?
post #10134 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_Venom View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, that gives a good feeling about the screen uniformity. I will try to set it to ISF-dark room and with changed ISO to take some more realistic pictures.

Been playing RDR as well. I do see it slightly in bright skies in that game when looking for it. Also it is really clear in this HDR video with the pan over the beach. But as said: I think it is improving since OoTB. That is tip 1: don't start looking for things immediately (I did do that obviously).

I can't seem to find the total viewing hours information in the menu's. It is just not there. Could it be that its language specific? Would be dull if that is the case. I have it set to Dutch.

Also for reference here is a link to Zelda BOTW clip.

I do see that with all the compression on YT, as little as can be seen of the vertical bands it is almost completely gone. I think ill keep monitoring, but can be satisfied with what I've got

Ill update my experience further down the road. I think its interesting information for new OLED 65 inch owners to know how much the screen 'breaks-in' after time!

Interesting... my current Q9 has a lot of DSE so will be interesting to compare it to the C9 when it arrives tomorrow.

post #10135 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

The 2018 October 30th update should have added Earc to to your 6400, I have a 3400 and it works great

I can’t post a link but if you look at the AVS “Official” 2017 Denon S/X series it details the firmware updates in the first thread starter post
post #10136 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneuls View Post
The 2018 October 30th update should have added Earc to to your 6400, I have a 3400 and it works great

I can’t post a link but if you look at the AVS “Official” 2017 Denon S/X series it details the firmware updates in the first thread starter post

Yeah, that’s what I thought - but researching online it seems the C9 doesn’t work with it.

Just ordered a bargain x2600H.

Also - if I connect an Xbox One X to the C9 for VRR, am I right in saying that it can send Dolby digital / DTS to the av receiver with no lag via eARC? It’s just Atmos on the One X that has the lag?

post #10137 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 908 Post(s)
Liked: 882
Quote:
Yeah, that’s what I thought - but researching online it seems the C9 doesn’t work with it.

Just ordered a bargain x2600H.

Also - if I connect an Xbox One X to the C9 for VRR, am I right in saying that it can send Dolby digital / DTS to the av receiver with no lag via eARC? It’s just Atmos on the One X that has the lag?

I have my X connected to c9 and HDMI earc to my pioneer avr.

There is no audio lag as long as you select paasthrough audio in the c9 earc audio options

Living Room: LG OLED65C9, AVR Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch
Bedrooms: LG OLED65C8, LG OLED55C6, LG Soundbar NB3530A, Xbox One X
LG C6PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-OLED55C6P.AUS
LG C8PUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support-produc...5C8PUA#manuals
LG C9PUA/AUA Firmware Link https://www.lg.com/us/support/produc...LED65C9PUA.AUS
post #10138 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 06:48 AM

Liked: 3
Quote:
Hahahaha!

Did you know, Youtube has always only supported Stereo sound?
Not with my Nvidia Shield, it supports Youtube surround

Yamaha RXa3080, 77" LG C9 OLED, SVS Pinnacle Prime fronts, Pioneer Elite SP-EC73 Andrew Jones Center Channel Speaker, Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73 Dolby Atmos-enabled Andrew Jones Bookshelf surrounds, Klipsch R-15m rear surrounds, 8" in ceiling front presence, SVS PB2000 12" sub, Velodyne 12" sub
post #10139 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 06:55 AM

Liked: 3
Quote:
Oh really? I download all the highest quality Youtube videos so that I can watch all videos back to back as well as let my Media Player Classic upscale YT content not in 4K to 4K.

So I can easily check even the 4K YT videos on what kind of audio is being played.

With that, please give me an example of a YT video in 'surround'. I'll download as well as check the audio file available in the video for you.
Works fine for me. Read the release here:

https ://wwwDOTreviewgeekDOTcom /10747/ nvidia-updates-the-shield-with-amazon-music-quick-settings-and-5-1-youtube-audio/

(Remove the DOTs and spaces, for some reason it won't let me post links.)

Yamaha RXa3080, 77" LG C9 OLED, SVS Pinnacle Prime fronts, Pioneer Elite SP-EC73 Andrew Jones Center Channel Speaker, Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73 Dolby Atmos-enabled Andrew Jones Bookshelf surrounds, Klipsch R-15m rear surrounds, 8" in ceiling front presence, SVS PB2000 12" sub, Velodyne 12" sub
post #10140 of 11896 Old 12-04-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocker23 View Post
I have my X connected to c9 and HDMI earc to my pioneer avr.

There is no audio lag as long as you select paasthrough audio in the c9 earc audio options

Interesting....! And that's sending ATMOS to the AVR, and using VRR on the Xbox One X?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
allm , dead , directional hdmi , hdmi , lg c9 oled , lg oled c9 , lgoled , oled , oled 55 , pixel dead , pixels , soundbar advice

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page