2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 477 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 8877Likes

post #14281 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmercer View Post
No bug; that's the way the C9 is supposed to work.
Here's what I think is your problem, and its solution. When you go from AVR input to C9 apps, you are using ARC or eARC --unless you are using the C9's speakers. Because of that, you have shifted the audio connection from: through-the-Denon to the TV, to through-the-TV to the Denon. Because you are using the Denon for the Oppo's connection, where it is connected to the Blu-Ray port, the TV, which is connected to the TV HDMI In port, and the DTV, which is connected to the CBL/SAT port, you have to press the Denon's remote's CBL/SAT button to select that device to output audio, for outputs other than the Denon's default output (usually CBL/SAT). Use the Blu-Ray button for the Oppo. Press whatever button is related to the other HDMI devices in order to access them.
If that does not work, you might want to try pressing the TV Audio button to see if that takes over.
Sorry, I think I understand but want to make sure. Per your last statement, ' Use the Blu-Ray button for the Oppo. Press whatever button is related to the other HDMI devices in order to access them.' Yes, all of these work fine. When pressing the Blu-Ray, TV, Xbox remote button, works fine. It's only when I press the 'SAT' button on remote that I have to change manually the input back to HDMI 2 as it defaults to HDMI 1. If I changed the TV connection to HDMI 1 on the TV port, that solves my issue. Question is do I lose any of the ARC benefits if I don't use the TV's port 2 that is HDMI ARC? Thank you again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14282 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerljj1 View Post
Sorry, I think I understand but want to make sure. Per your last statement, ' Use the Blu-Ray button for the Oppo. Press whatever button is related to the other HDMI devices in order to access them.' Yes, all of these work fine. When pressing the Blu-Ray, TV, Xbox remote button, works fine. It's only when I press the 'SAT' button on remote that I have to change manually the input back to HDMI 2 as it defaults to HDMI 1. If I changed the TV connection to HDMI 1 on the TV port, that solves my issue. Question is do I lose any of the ARC benefits if I don't use the TV's port 2 that is HDMI ARC? Thank you again.
That's a head scratcher!
Do you have your Denon set to "HDMI Pass Through: HDMI Pass Through Source: CBL/SAT"? If so, you should not have to do anything to have DTV audio without pressing any of the Denon's button.
Yes, you will lose ARC/eARC when going from the C9's HDMI2 port to any other port.
If the upcoming firmware update for the C9 does for audio what we hope, I would suggest that you go through your TV, instead of your Denon, then eARC from the TV to the AVR. Until then, you will lose sound quality with eARC; still works, though.

LG OLED55C9, Firmware v04.80.03 | Denon AVR-X3400H, Firmware v7600-8281-6432-2065 | ATV 4K | Sony UBP-X700 | Hsu HC-1 MK2 (C) & HB-1 MK2 (LRSur), Sub VTF-15H MK2, ELAC Atmos | X-Rite i1D3 OEM | 2019 CalMAN Home for LG
post #14283 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
If the upcoming firmware update for the C9 does for audio what we hope
Is this update going to include the 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed pass through? When is this expected? And would this be the ideal audio configuration from the Xbox One X using eARC from the TV into the Yamaha 1080?

Thanks

There is no spoon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14284 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipstein View Post
Is this update going to include the 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed pass through? When is this expected? And would this be the ideal audio configuration from the Xbox One X using eARC from the TV into the Yamaha 1080?

Thanks
The following is speculation, based upon what has been seen in one, LG CX's AudioEDID table.
1. 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed pass through? Yes.
2. When is this expected? June, 2020.
3. ideal audio configuration from the Xbox One X...? Can't help you there. See one of the gaming threads on this forum.

LG OLED55C9, Firmware v04.80.03 | Denon AVR-X3400H, Firmware v7600-8281-6432-2065 | ATV 4K | Sony UBP-X700 | Hsu HC-1 MK2 (C) & HB-1 MK2 (LRSur), Sub VTF-15H MK2, ELAC Atmos | X-Rite i1D3 OEM | 2019 CalMAN Home for LG
post #14285 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
The following is speculation, based upon what has been seen in one, LG CX's AudioEDID table.

1. 5.1 and 7.1 uncompressed pass through? Yes.

2. When is this expected? June, 2020.

3. ideal audio configuration from the Xbox One X...? Can't help you there. See one of the gaming threads on this forum.
Thank you sir

There is no spoon
post #14286 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
That's a head scratcher!
Do you have your Denon set to "HDMI Pass Through: HDMI Pass Through Source: CBL/SAT"? If so, you should not have to do anything to have DTV audio without pressing any of the Denon's button.
Yes, you will lose ARC/eARC when going from the C9's HDMI2 port to any other port.
If the upcoming firmware update for the C9 does for audio what we hope, I would suggest that you go through your TV, instead of your Denon, then eARC from the TV to the AVR. Until then, you will lose sound quality with eARC; still works, though.
Correct, I get audio but no picture since it goes to HDMI 1 when switch from any other source that TV and states 'No Signal'. So when watching TV I lose audio quality if switch from TVs HDMI ARC 2 to HDMI 1 (non ARC)? I'm ok with that as I really only care about great audio from Oppo blu ray player when watching movies or when hearing 2 channel music (soon with my NAD 778 expected end of May). Here is a pic of my setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDMI Setup on AVR.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	2725102  
post #14287 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 12:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1230 Post(s)
Liked: 1496
Quote:
When then I try to go back to Directtv by hitting the 'SAT' source on universal remote, it takes me back to the TVs HDMI 1 always and then I get the 'No Signal' message as nothing is connected into TVs HDMI 1.
What exactly is this universal remote sending when your press the SAT button? Can you just try it with the AVR and TV remotes and see what happens?

When I use my TV's remote to go back to HDMI 2 my Denon automatically goes back from TV Audio to the last input it was on before I switched away from HDMI 2.
mhmercer likes this.
post #14288 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avernar View Post
What exactly is this universal remote sending when your press the SAT button? Can you just try it with the AVR and TV remotes and see what happens?

When I use my TV's remote to go back to HDMI 2 my Denon automatically goes back from TV Audio to the last input it was on before I switched away from HDMI 2.
Universal should send commands to watch Direct TV via TV and get audio via my 5.1.2 system. HDMI cable from avr is plugged into TV's HDMI ARC 2 but it always defaults to HDMI 1 when press SAT so have to manually switch it to 2 via magic remote. If I am watching SAT and turn tv/sysemt off and then turn system back on, tv does start on HDMI ARC 2. It's only when switching sources.
post #14289 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Universal should send commands to watch Direct TV via TV and get audio via my 5.1.2 system. HDMI cable from avr is plugged into TV's HDMI ARC 2 but it always defaults to HDMI 1 when press SAT so have to manually switch it to 2 via magic remote. If I am watching SAT and turn tv/sysemt off and then turn system back on, tv does start on HDMI ARC 2. It's only when switching sources.
Really sounds like the universal remote is sending the wrong button commands. What happens when you do it manually the two different orders:

1) Select HDMI 1 on the TV remote then select the Sat input on the AVR remote.
2) Select the Sat input on the AVR remote then select HDMI 1 on the TV remote.

I've mapped the HDMI inputs to buttons 1 to 4 on my TV remote for quick access.
post #14290 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
If I understand this correctly, you're using your DTV remote, not your C9 remote? If so, you could control your DTV content through the C9's remote if you connected the DTV to the C9's HDMI1 port, then CONNECTed the DTV to the C9.

Last edited by mhmercer; 05-12-2020 at 01:13 PM.
post #14291 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Really sounds like the universal remote is sending the wrong button commands. What happens when you do it manually the two different orders:

1) Select HDMI 1 on the TV remote then select the Sat input on the AVR remote.
2) Select the Sat input on the AVR remote then select HDMI 1 on the TV remote.

I've mapped the HDMI inputs to buttons 1 to 4 on my TV remote for quick access.
AHhh, I see where you are going: Great advice!!

When I do 1): When I select HDMI 1 on TV remote the TV obviously goes to 'No Signal' and shows the standard pictures on screen to avoid burn-in but still get audio from Direct TV channel. Then hit SAT input on the AVR remote, nothing changes. Nothing happens. I agree, my Denon remote should switch my AVR source to SAT but it doesn't. So TV screen remains showing No Signal and runs through TV pictures. I hit any other input on Denon remote and tv remains on 'No Signal' and pictures showing but audio does change. I hit Blu Ray on Denon remote and lost Direct TV audio which makes sense since it's now on Blu Ray source but TV screen still shows no Signal. Now that it's on Blu Ray source, I hit SAT on Denon remote and pick up Direct TV's audio but still No Signal.

2): When TV is already on HDMI 2 and select SAT on AVR remote, nothing happens. Since TV was on HDMI 1, I was getting pic and audio so when hit SAT on AVR remote, nothing happens. When I select HDMI 1 on TV remote, I lose pic as TV states No Signal but audio remains.

I thank you as I know what you are trying to get me to do; makes sense. But why, when I select any source other than SAT via my AVR Denon remote, it changes sources as I can see it change on Denon AVR screen but on TV it remains No Signal, weird!! But on Universal remote, when I select any source other than SAT, it changes TV to appropriate source.

I did more trouble shooting... when TV is on HDMI 1 and I change sources via Denon remote, it changes to applicable source selected (I can tell by watching Denon AVR display) but TV remains on No Signal since it's on HDMI 1. When TV is on HDMI 2, I can select any source such as Blu Ray via Denon remote and audio/tv goes to applicable source. If I then select SAT via Denon remote, goes back to SAT and can see pic and hear audio fine via TV. So I think you're right, I think it has to do with how my universal is programmed. But strange I didn't have this problem with my previous c6.

Last edited by tigerljj1; 05-12-2020 at 02:25 PM.
post #14292 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Does anybody know if atmos will work with Bluetooth headphones in the c9? Also, can you pair multiple Bluetooth headphones to c9 and use them at the same time?

We have a baby coming very soon and our bedroom is right next to his and would like to be able to have atmos over multiple headphones.
post #14293 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
AHhh, I see where you are going: Great advice!!

When I do 1): When I select HDMI 1 on TV remote the TV obviously goes to 'No Signal' and shows the standard pictures on screen to avoid burn-in but still get audio from Direct TV channel. Then hit SAT input on the AVR remote, nothing changes. Nothing happens. I agree, my Denon remote should switch my AVR source to SAT but it doesn't. So TV screen remains showing No Signal and runs through TV pictures. I hit any other input on Denon remote and tv remains on 'No Signal' and pictures showing but audio does change. I hit Blu Ray on Denon remote and lost Direct TV audio which makes sense since it's now on Blu Ray source but TV screen still shows no Signal. Now that it's on Blu Ray source, I hit SAT on Denon remote and pick up Direct TV's audio but still No Signal.

2): When TV is already on HDMI 2 and select SAT on AVR remote, nothing happens. Since TV was on HDMI 1, I was getting pic and audio so when hit SAT on AVR remote, nothing happens. When I select HDMI 1 on TV remote, I lose pic as TV states No Signal but audio remains.

I thank you as I know what you are trying to get me to do; makes sense. But why, when I select any source other than SAT via my AVR Denon remote, it changes sources as I can see it change on Denon AVR screen but on TV it remains No Signal, weird!! But on Universal remote, when I select any source other than SAT, it changes TV to appropriate source.
Don't select HDMI 1 on the TV remote!!! I don't think the C9 will auto switch input based on the commands from the AVR (or at least mine doesn't).

You want to switch the TV to HDMI 2 and then the AVR to Sat. If that works using the C9 and Denon remotes then program your universal remote to send "Switch to HDMI 2 on TV" and "Switch to SAT on AVR" commands one after the other.
post #14294 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Don't select HDMI 1 on the TV remote!!! I don't think the C9 will auto switch input based on the commands from the AVR (or at least mine doesn't).

You want to switch the TV to HDMI 2 and then the AVR to Sat. If that works using the C9 and Denon remotes then program your universal remote to send "Switch to HDMI 2 on TV" and "Switch to SAT on AVR" commands one after the other.
I think you are right. I updated my previous response per your feedback.
post #14295 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:

You may have saved me the trouble of repacking this behemoth, transporting it back to retailer, and setting transporting/setting up another C9.

Really appreciate it!!!
post #14296 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope this is the right place to post this. I have a 65" C9 and for the most part love it. Picture quality is fantastic. My problem is with Airplay or screen mirroring. It worked for a short period after setting it up. From iphones or ipads mainly. But then it just stopped working. On some devices the LG TV was not even listed as a option to throw the video or audio. On some it was but when I tried to connect I just got the spinning circle and then was told it could not connect. I reset the tv to factory settings and it worked for a couple days and then stopped. Same issue. Some devices still showed the tv and some did not. None would connect. I cannot keep resetting the tv every couple days. That is very tedious. We really want to get this to work to exercise with our bike and play the Peleton video classes on the tv rather than the phone. Any thoughts? Thanks
post #14297 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Liked: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcinnamon View Post
my 77C9 should arrive next Wednesday!!! I'm very excited!
Congrats, I love mine since December now.

LG 77 C9 (Also LG 65 C7 and Sony XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
post #14298 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I just purchased an LG 65 C9 and I’ve noticed across a few inputs there appears to be a white flickering line that is almost like static. The line can be seen right where the letterboxing would typically begin or end towards the top. The line only appears with video playback and not during menus or previews, etc. I’m not sure at all what it is or what can be done. The issue is noticeable on the Apple TV 4K and LG UBK90 and the built-in Netflix app. I don’t think I noticed it with the Nintendo Switch, but that was 1080p content.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E3904350-50D0-4180-BF79-F8D91C8907C4_1589337027239.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	2725226  

Last edited by Ason12; 05-12-2020 at 07:41 PM.
post #14299 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 09:06 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason12 View Post
I just purchased an LG 65 C9 and I’ve noticed across a few inputs there appears to be a white flickering line that is almost like static. The line can be seen right where the letterboxing would typically begin or end towards the top. The line only appears with video playback and not during menus or previews, etc. I’m not sure at all what it is or what can be done. The issue is noticeable on the Apple TV 4K and LG UBK90 and the built-in Netflix app. I don’t think I noticed it with the Nintendo Switch, but that was 1080p content.
Hello,

I’ve only noticed this phenomenon when using the internal Apple TV app on the LG C9. And it only happens with a select few titles like Batman 89, enter the Dragon, blade runner 2049, E.T, ghostbusters, and several Apple TV+ movies and shows. There seems to be a white or colored line at the bottom of letterbox and non-letterbox films flickering on and off.

I’ve never had this problem with the Netflix app, Amazon prime app, and Disney+ app. This problem also does not happen with the Apple TV hardware box.
post #14300 of 15538 Old 05-12-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
If I understand this correctly, you're using your DTV remote, not your C9 remote? If so, you could control your DTV content through the C9's remote if you connected the DTV to the C9's HDMI1 port, then CONNECTed the DTV to the C9.
Thank you. Was not using DTV remote at all. Only MX450 Universal remote and LG Magic Remote.
I think avernar solved it. I think my remote is programmed to go to hdmi 1 when hit SAT on it. Will test when I read up on how to program it.
GC3 likes this.
post #14301 of 15538 Old 05-13-2020, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2400 Post(s)
Liked: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygeezy View Post
Does anybody know if atmos will work with Bluetooth headphones in the c9? Also, can you pair multiple Bluetooth headphones to c9 and use them at the same time?

We have a baby coming very soon and our bedroom is right next to his and would like to be able to have atmos over multiple headphones.

No and Yes (2) - see Bluetooth version 5.0 for the later.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 77" C9, 65” B7a (SOLD) and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Outlaw monoblocks, PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #14302 of 15538 Old 05-13-2020, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason12 View Post
I just purchased an LG 65 C9 and I’ve noticed across a few inputs there appears to be a white flickering line that is almost like static. The line can be seen right where the letterboxing would typically begin or end towards the top. I’m not sure at all what it is or what can be done. The issue is noticeable on the Apple TV 4K and LG UBK90 and the built-in Netflix app.
I've fussed some more with the settings and I switched TruMotion from User to Off and that drastically cut down on how frequently the line appeared, but did not eliminate it entirely.
post #14303 of 15538 Old 05-13-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Thank you. Was not using DTV remote at all. Only MX450 Universal remote and LG Magic Remote.
I think avernar solved it. I think my remote is programmed to go to hdmi 1 when hit SAT on it. Will test when I read up on how to program it.
Using a universal remote puts a different spin on things! I had assumed that you meant the DTV remote was "universal" as it is programmable. Best wishes on getting this done to your liking.

post #14304 of 15538 Old 05-13-2020, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7613 Post(s)
Liked: 7671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coercion Shaman View Post
My only reason to consider one was burn-in. Those don't cover that as far as I know.
It is not stated in writing but a client of ours had them cover burn in. Look burn in happens, it is still supper rare....
post #14305 of 15538 Old 05-13-2020, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
It is not stated in writing but a client of ours had them cover burn in. Look burn in happens, it is still super rare....
Agreed. That is why I ultimately didn't get a warranty.

OLED77C9PUB // 5.1 Infinity Reference (RC263 / R263 & R162 / SVS PB-1000) & Denon x1600 // Xbox One X & PS4 Pro
post #14306 of 15538 Old 05-13-2020, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 24
does anyone have an HDMI switcher they can recommend that will play nicely with the LG C9?

Sony XBR-65A1E | Onkyo A-9150 | B&W 686 S2 | Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
post #14307 of 15538 Old 05-13-2020, 03:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
Locate my posts open the A9G threads. I am not sure what you mean by “blur”. I had 2 side by side for a few weeks. I kept the C9. Does the Sony upscale better, maybe, with my sources it was not visible to me. Does the Sony handle motion better, yeah when I ran torture Spears and Munson tests, but again under normal viewing I could not see a difference and I ran several motion handling challenged scenes on both TVs. Yeah at very close inspection at various motions setting I could eck out maybe a hair better on the Sony, but under normal viewing with my standard motion settings on each, no difference. With some HDR the LG pulled ahead for me because of how the Sony dims scenes to adjust for peak brightness. Also the LG just has a tad more peak brightness. LG and Sony approach HDR a little differently, but again under normal conditions these 2 TVs are real close. I love the A9G stand, but the LG UI and OS is just that much better. The LG is easier to calibrate with Calman as the pattern generator is built in. Either TV will treat you great.
I also had both sets side by side for a few weeks also went with LG. Really happy!
Yes, the motion is very close on both tvs. I probalby noticed a bit more difference with this than you. But not much. Like I said, there is a difference between noticing something and being bothered by it. I wasn't bothered in the slightest. The better upscaling, like you said, was minimal. I could see others making a bigger deal about it, but I didn't.

The main difference for me, something that I have heard from others too with these A9Gs, is the peak window brightness. But I confess I didn't do much comparing with HDR and I have read that the Sony is a bit lackluster with this regard -reflecting your conclusion here. So my observations below are more or less restricted to SDR performance. Here is the ONLY area where the Sony (at least for me), strongly pulled ahead of the LG.

Headlights of cars, street lights, literally glowed much more than on the LG. The Sony literally made SDR look HDR with regard to the glow. I also remember things like watching Lord of the Rings with the evil dark guys on horses leaving some massive gated fortress at night. When the doors opened, the LG showed the bright light as they left the citadel and rode their horses toward and past the camera. But on the Sony, that window- where the doors opened, it was brighter and literally "glowed". This is something that was a common reoccurrence with this set. The difference with car headlights alone was unmistakable. Very defined looking too.

I also was originally concerned about the Sony not being as bright as the LG which it isn't. But I found someone on youtube talking about if you leave out Sony's processing with regard the peak window brightness, you don't get the whole story. I completely agree. (I also thought that this superior peak window brightness was actually measured in reviews) If it is actually the result of "dimming" to create this look, it works VERY well. But again, HDR performance might be a different thing. But owning 900 non-HDR blu-rays made it a tempting tv. Having SDR look like HDR without the characteristic HDR dimness was a real plus. (Don't have to update my 900 SD blu-rays!)

So why didn't I keep it then? The LG is an awesome tv and value. It just had too many great things going for it to pass it up!
You were able to move on without even slightly looking back. But for me, I had to say my "goodbyes" to that aspect of the Sony A9G. But good to know that HDR performance wouldn't have been the same good experience I got from SDR.

Last edited by Sargon 1; 05-14-2020 at 02:35 AM.
post #14308 of 15538 Old 05-13-2020, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hey guys, can anyone give me the default values on the service menu system 1 page?
post #14309 of 15538 Old 05-13-2020, 03:56 PM
GC3
Advanced Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
You may have saved me the trouble of repacking this behemoth, transporting it back to retailer, and setting transporting/setting up another C9.

Really appreciate it!!!
I don’t remember from your prior posts, but are all the CEC/SIMPLINK/AUTOPOWER settings on the LG C9 turned off?
post #14310 of 15538 Old 05-13-2020, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 395 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Do OLEDs ALWAYS output BT2020? I am using isf bright room for my SDR inputs, and have color space set to auto. On my cable box (deep color off) if i hit the 3 dots and then info, i see bt2020. On my nvidia shield, in sdr (with match color space enabled), i also see bt2020. Is this correct?

I thought rec709/dcpi-3 was supposed to be used for SDR?

I am coming from a QLED,so sorry if this is a silly question, thanks!

LG 65CX l Apple TV 4K l PS4 Pro l Nintendo Switch | Logitech Harmony Companion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
allm , dead , directional hdmi , hdmi , judder , lg c9 , lg c9 oled , lg oled c9 , lgoled , Marantz , motion , oled , oled 55 , pixel dead , pixels , soundbar advice , sr5012

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page