2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 70 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4927Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2071 of 7683 Old 05-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 18
2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post
In game mode there’s only one tru motion setting. Well two. Off. And user. In user there’s I forget the name but it’s BFI. That’s it. No user adjustments. And with BFI on you get a lot darker and a lot of flicker and much worse performance. But no lag still.



I enabled it and it got way darker. Lot of flicker. And much worse when turning etc in a Destiny 2.



Weird cus on my E6 you actually had two sliders in tru motion. De judder and another one. But lag. Now you only have one option. On or off for BFI.
Sounds like you have VRR enabled on Xbox One X when connected to C9.
Motion interpolation settings should be greyed out when using VRR. Because panel is syncing frame by frame with the source device. (This is the way VRR, FreeSync and G-Sync works).

The settings are always available on your E6 because E6 does not have VRR feature.
If you uncheck/disable VRR on Xbox One X, you’ll get de-judder and de-blur settings available on your C9.

Play around with VRR on vs. off and tell us which way you prefer for Destiny 2 on Xbox One X. :-D
EC1602 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2072 of 7683 Old 05-12-2019, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
buggs1a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tukwila, WA
Posts: 1,794
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by EC1602 View Post
Sounds like you have VRR enabled on Xbox One X when connected to C9.
Motion interpolation settings should be greyed out when using VRR. Because panel is syncing frame by frame with the source device. (This is the way VRR, FreeSync and G-Sync works).

The settings are always available on your E6 because E6 does not have VRR feature.
If you uncheck/disable VRR on Xbox One X, you’ll get de-judder and de-blur settings available on your C9.

Play around with VRR on vs. off and tell us which way you prefer for Destiny 2 on Xbox One X. :-D
Well no game supports VRR I’ve heard. And it isn’t supported on my Anthem MRX 720. My Xbox One X is connected to my receiver. I may be wrong about this? I don’t know.

But I think I found something. When I was swapping my cable between my E6 and C9 I never restarted my Xbox. I don’t think I did. And on my Xbox video output settings screen it says VRR and ALLM are not supported on my C9. Before I connected my E6 my Xbox said VRR and ALLM are supported on my C9. So this could be why the jerkiness. I am guessing. My E6 definitely does not support ALLM and VRR. I’m going to restart everything.
WOLVERNOLE likes this.
buggs1a is offline  
post #2073 of 7683 Old 05-12-2019, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
helvetica bold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,471
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1731 Post(s)
Liked: 1095
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post
Well no game supports VRR I’ve heard. And it isn’t supported on my Anthem MRX 720. My Xbox One X is connected to my receiver. I may be wrong about this? I don’t know.



But I think I found something. When I was swapping my cable between my E6 and C9 I never restarted my Xbox. I don’t think I did. And on my Xbox video output settings screen it says VRR and ALLM are not supported on my C9. Before I connected my E6 my Xbox said VRR and ALLM are supported on my C9. So this could be why the jerkiness. I am guessing. My E6 definitely does not support ALLM and VRR. I’m going to restart everything.

There are games that support VRR on Xbox One X. Gears 4, The Division 2 and Wolfenstein 2 to name a few. I don’t want to get into on the C9 owners thread so just read this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eur...-on-xbox-one-x


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG65C9, XBOX ONE X, PS4PRO, APPLE 4K, SONY STRDN1070, TAKE CLASSIC 5.1
helvetica bold is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2074 of 7683 Old 05-12-2019, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WOLVERNOLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: DUMFRIES, VA USA
Posts: 2,959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Nope. Watching either my 65" C9 or 77" G7, 1080p content from HBO GO, Neflix or Amazon looks extremely clean.
Ken, I believe and trust you, but allow me to sorta "split hairs" a moment and make a distinction. You noted "1080p", but average broadcast material is NOT going to be 1080p, but rather 1080i. I have viewed a distinct difference between that 'i" and 'p' when watching HD Blu-ray discs. So perhaps that is one reason that your generously-large OLEDs are looking so fine with broadcast?
Any comment on your (I assume you do have access to good 'ol white bread 1080i material?

As always, thanks for your comments, and thanks everyone !

Last edited by WOLVERNOLE; 05-12-2019 at 05:51 PM.
WOLVERNOLE is offline  
post #2075 of 7683 Old 05-12-2019, 06:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 55
So I purchased a 65" C9 and I am stoked!! Question, I have a 5.2 set up with a Denon X3500H (which is eARC compatible) and I'm using the internal apps via ARC. Should my ARC sound out be Auto, Pass Through, or PCM?
Kirkobangz is offline  
post #2076 of 7683 Old 05-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
ma1746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Middleboro, Massachusetts
Posts: 559
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkobangz View Post
So I purchased a 65" C9 and I am stoked!! Question, I have a 5.2 set up with a Denon X3500H (which is eARC compatible) and I'm using the internal apps via ARC. Should my ARC sound out be Auto, Pass Through, or PCM?


I have mine set to auto, the tv will send the highest quality to the receiver.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ma1746 is offline  
post #2077 of 7683 Old 05-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Member
 
northrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff2 View Post
I actually turned the brightness down from the default 50 because it was too bright.
For overall picture luminance level you should use OLED LIGHT adjustment. Brightness is for black level adjustment.
geoff2 likes this.

LG OLED 55B6V, Finnsat FST03PVR, Toshiba 1T HDD, Genelec 6010B, BK XLS200-DF MK2
JVC DLA-X35BE, PS3, Apple TV3, Yamaha RX-V383, Tannoy Mercury F2, Tannoy Mercury F1, BK Monolith
northrob is offline  
post #2078 of 7683 Old 05-12-2019, 11:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,566
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6677 Post(s)
Liked: 6672
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
Anymore info on the 77 C9?
They are slowly coming into stock to US dealers.....I am sure feedback will be coming as they filter in more.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #2079 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 03:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Swolern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 282
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Has anyone confirmed the 4k VRR range on these? Hoping for at least 40-120hz!
Swolern is offline  
post #2080 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 04:56 AM
Member
 
fenster3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post
Has anyone confirmed the 4k VRR range on these? Hoping for at least 40-120hz!
It is not possible to test the VRR Range just yet.
The only device to support HDMI VRR is the XBox One X.
But there is no chance to get information about the VRR Range with the One X.

FreeSync graphics card from AMD do not work since 2019 LG TV do not
support FreeSync at the moment. Maybe LG will roll out an update in future
to support those graphics cards. Otherwise we have to wait for graphics cards
that support this type of VRR implementation.
Swolern likes this.
fenster3000 is offline  
post #2081 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,192
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7370 Post(s)
Liked: 8247
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERNOLE View Post
Ken, I believe and trust you, but allow me to sorta "split hairs" a moment and make a distinction. You noted "1080p", but average broadcast material is NOT going to be 1080p, but rather 1080i. I have viewed a distinct difference between that 'i" and 'p' when watching HD Blu-ray discs. So perhaps that is one reason that your generously-large OLEDs are looking so fine with broadcast?
Any comment on your (I assume you do have access to good 'ol white bread 1080i material?

As always, thanks for your comments, and thanks everyone !
Today’s deinterlacers are actually quite good, so I doubt you’re seeing poor 1080i HD quality on OLEDs because the deinterlacer is poor. I’d almost guarantee you the difference you see with HD Blu-Ray is more the difference in compression between your cable provider and the much higher bitrate of Blu-Ray.

Even watching GOT on the Firestick looks better than it does on Directv due to the more constrained bandwidth of satellite.

So watching a good 1080i broadcast on CBS can look excellent on my 77” OLED if the quality starts out good. If it doesn’t, it won’t look good on any TV of any technology.
lorenzo1000 and dfa973 like this.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #2082 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 09:24 AM
Member
 
geoff2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERNOLE View Post
Very encouraging to those of us with early Panny plasmas ! I have been holding off as my VT20 is STILL looking very, very good with 1080i material. Are you able to get a good clean/clear picture with figures in the scene? Some up conversion by 4K units seem to fall down there. My guess is that by staying to 55", you are looking "cleaner" with 1080i than going to 65" and stretching it out.

Congratulations on your new purchase.
Hey Wolvernole —

To be honest, I’m not sure. I don’t have a cable box; all of the content I’ve screened so far comes form the Apple TV (either 1080P or 4K), a PC (1080P and 4K), and a Nintendo Switch and PS 4, both of which I believe output 1080P. I’ve heard that the cable channels are converted on the server-side to 1080P from 1080i, but I’m not knowledgeable on this.

In any event, I can say that all the 1080p content I’ve reviewed has looked better on the C9 than they did on the plasma. Of course, YMMV.

- geoff
geoff2 is offline  
post #2083 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
buggs1a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Tukwila, WA
Posts: 1,794
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Vrr and ALLM don’t mean anything when I lose my Anthem MRX 720 ui in ARC. But I don’t even know how to make ARC work.

Plus there’s only a couple games that take advantage of VRR.

And isn’t ALLM just automatically going into game mode? What does it matter when it already does this? The first time I play an hdr game the tv goes hdr. I put it in game mode. It remembers and does it every time.
buggs1a is offline  
post #2084 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jmpage2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,645
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post
Vrr and ALLM don’t mean anything when I lose my Anthem MRX 720 ui in ARC. But I don’t even know how to make ARC work.
EARC not ARC is the feature you are referencing and your AVR might not support it.

Quote:
Plus there’s only a couple games that take advantage of VRR.
There are only a handful of games that support VRR today. Many more will next year and you can really expect to see this become quite commonplace with launch of next generation consoles sometime in the next couple of years. Many of us will keep these TVs more than 2-3 years so this is a bigger deal to us.

Quote:
And isn’t ALLM just automatically going into game mode? What does it matter when it already does this? The first time I play an hdr game the tv goes hdr. I put it in game mode. It remembers and does it every time.
And what happens if you play a movie or something else from your console, it will probably still go into game mode when it sees the HDR flag. The point of ALLM is that if you have a source that is used for games and other media playback then the TV will switch into game mode automatically only when a game is being played, not at other times.
dfa973 likes this.
jmpage2 is offline  
post #2085 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 12:43 PM
Member
 
emmapeel159's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a View Post
Vrr and ALLM don’t mean anything when I lose my Anthem MRX 720 ui in ARC. But I don’t even know how to make ARC work.

Plus there’s only a couple games that take advantage of VRR.

And isn’t ALLM just automatically going into game mode? What does it matter when it already does this? The first time I play an hdr game the tv goes hdr. I put it in game mode. It remembers and does it every time.
More games will come out in VRR later this year. Most AAA games probably will.

The benefit of the ALLM over straight game mode is that the console can switch it up depending on the content you have on the console. If you are watching a movie it can be one of the cinematic modes but then when you start playing a game it switches to low latency. Maybe there are other settings benefits as well but I don't know.

I have personally been trying to come to grips with the new world order that the AVR might not be the main component of your AV system. At first it seemed wrong to move away from it but now I dont know. I have really been liking how the LG handles the video switching. Frankly at this point I am thinking that I would like something in a lot smaller package that only does audio. I have a bunch of nice speakers so not completely sold on a sound bar audio wise. I do think a sound bar in terms of interface would be much better at this point than an avr.
NintendoManiac64 likes this.

Last edited by emmapeel159; 05-13-2019 at 12:49 PM.
emmapeel159 is offline  
post #2086 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 01:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone noticed a red dot flashing randomly on their panel? Its distracting. Tested on live TV, Netflix and movie streamed from my network. Happens on all sources of content. Wondering if this is isolated or a more widespread issue
Jono1984 is offline  
post #2087 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 02:09 PM
Member
 
aflscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono1984 View Post
Has anyone noticed a red dot flashing randomly on their panel? Its distracting. Tested on live TV, Netflix and movie streamed from my network. Happens on all sources of content. Wondering if this is isolated or a more widespread issue

Nothing here. Maybe it's the pointer for the remote popping up?



Scott

I own an LG 65" C9. I'm thrilled with it.
aflscott is offline  
post #2088 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 02:16 PM
Member
 
aflscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post
Today’s deinterlacers are actually quite good, so I doubt you’re seeing poor 1080i HD quality on OLEDs because the deinterlacer is poor. I’d almost guarantee you the difference you see with HD Blu-Ray is more the difference in compression between your cable provider and the much higher bitrate of Blu-Ray.

Even watching GOT on the Firestick looks better than it does on Directv due to the more constrained bandwidth of satellite.

So watching a good 1080i broadcast on CBS can look excellent on my 77” OLED if the quality starts out good. If it doesn’t, it won’t look good on any TV of any technology.

This is pretty much what I've experienced, too. GOT looks way better when streamed (Apple TV 4k) than it does when viewed from Dish Network sources (Season 7 saved episodes on DVR). OTA looks way better than Dish content, too. Blue Ray DVD's look outstanding, too. I'm happy with the way HD content is handled.

I own an LG 65" C9. I'm thrilled with it.
aflscott is offline  
post #2089 of 7683 Old 05-13-2019, 05:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Baff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Dark Side of the Earth
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Apple has now released Airplay 2 on MacOS and iOS. Does it now work on the LG tvs or will we have to wait for a firmware update?

LG 65" C9; Denon AVR-S750H
5.1.2: Emotiva Airmotiv C2, T-Zero (x2), E1 (x4); HSU VTF-2
Baff is offline  
post #2090 of 7683 Old 05-14-2019, 01:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dfa973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: EU
Posts: 1,166
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baff View Post
Apple has now released Airplay 2 on MacOS and iOS. Does it now work on the LG tvs or will we have to wait for a firmware update?
Firmware update in the summer of 2019.

Quote:
New LG TVs will receive an upgrade mid-year to support Apple AirPlay 2 and Apple HomeKit for easy streaming of video and audio content and connectivity to Apple’s smart home products. 2019 LG TV owners can also expect to receive a firmware update that will add Amazon Alexa support to complement Google Assistant which is included out of the box, making LG the only TV brand to provide support for both leading AI platforms without the need for additional hardware.
dfa973 is offline  
post #2091 of 7683 Old 05-14-2019, 01:56 AM
Member
 
magic_carpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shape81 View Post
We still need that displayport to hdmi 2.1 adapter for 4k120, but with some in game resolution scaling 2560 is almost as clean as 4k...

I have read that someone has already tried but it did not work.
Do you think an active DP>HDMI 2.1 adapter can make the trick?
robert9674 likes this.
magic_carpet is offline  
post #2092 of 7683 Old 05-14-2019, 04:24 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,

I bought my C9 about 2 weeks ago. I'm generally quite happy with it, picture quality is stunning compared to my old X900E and I didn't notice any stuck pixels or vertical bands during content so far.
The only thing I'm a bit uncertain of is the magenta tint on the right side of my panel.

This seems to be quite common with the 9-Series based on the pictures I've seen so far in this thread, which makes me think that exchanging it would probably be pointless, especially because the panel is pretty great otherwise. I mostly only notice it when I compare the right edge of the screen to the left one while a rather uniform image is displayed on the whole screen, it kind of looks like a difference in color temperature in this case.

How severe do you think my tint is?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190512_181126.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	2566578  
Bracer07 is offline  
post #2093 of 7683 Old 05-14-2019, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
guitarguy316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,790
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracer07 View Post
Hi,

I bought my C9 about 2 weeks ago. I'm generally quite happy with it, picture quality is stunning compared to my old X900E and I didn't notice any stuck pixels or vertical bands during content so far.
The only thing I'm a bit uncertain of is the magenta tint on the right side of my panel.

This seems to be quite common with the 9-Series based on the pictures I've seen so far in this thread, which makes me think that exchanging it would probably be pointless, especially because the panel is pretty great otherwise. I mostly only notice it when I compare the right edge of the screen to the left one while a rather uniform image is displayed on the whole screen, it kind of looks like a difference in color temperature in this case.

How severe do you think my tint is?

Thanks!
Doesn't look terrible but really hard to say through phone camera pictures. I do know what you mean about different color temp, for example, the red tint on a green soccer/football field turns the grass a different shade than other parts of the screen. similarly, you can see that same effect in hockey or snow content with a mostly white screen and see the tint.

you can always try again and get worse tint, better tint, or worse banding, better banding. it's a crapshoot
dfa973 likes this.
guitarguy316 is offline  
post #2094 of 7683 Old 05-14-2019, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 5,429
Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4474 Post(s)
Liked: 5487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracer07 View Post
Hi,

I bought my C9 about 2 weeks ago. I'm generally quite happy with it, picture quality is stunning compared to my old X900E and I didn't notice any stuck pixels or vertical bands during content so far.
The only thing I'm a bit uncertain of is the magenta tint on the right side of my panel.

This seems to be quite common with the 9-Series based on the pictures I've seen so far in this thread, which makes me think that exchanging it would probably be pointless, especially because the panel is pretty great otherwise. I mostly only notice it when I compare the right edge of the screen to the left one while a rather uniform image is displayed on the whole screen, it kind of looks like a difference in color temperature in this case.

How severe do you think my tint is?

Thanks!
They are all like that so if your banding is good with dark content I would keep it since as GuitarGuy says, the next one could be worse.
dfa973 likes this.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
jrref is offline  
post #2095 of 7683 Old 05-14-2019, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jmpage2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,645
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracer07 View Post
Hi,

I bought my C9 about 2 weeks ago. I'm generally quite happy with it, picture quality is stunning compared to my old X900E and I didn't notice any stuck pixels or vertical bands during content so far.
The only thing I'm a bit uncertain of is the magenta tint on the right side of my panel.

This seems to be quite common with the 9-Series based on the pictures I've seen so far in this thread, which makes me think that exchanging it would probably be pointless, especially because the panel is pretty great otherwise. I mostly only notice it when I compare the right edge of the screen to the left one while a rather uniform image is displayed on the whole screen, it kind of looks like a difference in color temperature in this case.

How severe do you think my tint is?

Thanks!
I'd say if it's noticeable in real content and bothering you then it's a problem, if you only notice it with test patterns don't worry about it.
dfa973 and anwsmh like this.
jmpage2 is offline  
post #2096 of 7683 Old 05-14-2019, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ken Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 33,192
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7370 Post(s)
Liked: 8247
Mine has a very slight bluish tint in the upper left hand corner on a 100% slide. It almost looks like the days of not having perfect 'purity' with a CRT. Those were the days when you adjusted rotating magnets around the neck of the CRT to make it as good as possible. Depending upon how critical you were, rarely could you achieve 100% purity with those either.

Since mine is in the upper left corner, I almost never notice it with actual program content, even with a white field, and since it looks very good with dark content I would never take a chance and get something worse as John & guitarguy mentioned.
markrubin, jrref and dfa973 like this.
Ken Ross is offline  
post #2097 of 7683 Old 05-14-2019, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lsorensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,624
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1429 Post(s)
Liked: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_carpet View Post
I have read that someone has already tried but it did not work.
Do you think an active DP>HDMI 2.1 adapter can make the trick?
I have not heard of any such device existing yet, so I don't see how anyone could have tried one.

I imagine at some point a DP to HDMI 2.1 adapter will exist, but I don't think it will be for a while. Apparently it was about 2 years after HDMI 2.0 before the first DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter was released.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
lsorensen is offline  
post #2098 of 7683 Old 05-14-2019, 05:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I just got my C9 77 and have a question on how to get the "guide" button on the Magic remote to work properly when I want to bring up the Spectrum Cable box Guide. That button worked fine on my C8 same service, not sure if it is a software issue on the C9 Magic Remote or I am doing something wrong. All the other buttons work fine on the remote controlling the Cable Box.
jgonzo33 likes this.
mliu is offline  
post #2099 of 7683 Old 05-14-2019, 10:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
thanks, i figured as much. I will probably keep it as I haven't noticed any banding whatsoever even during dark gray content like the xbox one dashboard or the amazon video/youtube apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
I'd say if it's noticeable in real content and bothering you then it's a problem, if you only notice it with test patterns don't worry about it.
I do notice it during normal content, but usually not by just looking at the affected area on its own. I only realize that the color is off after comparing it with the left side of the screen. It took me almost two weeks to even notice the tint was there (white loading screen), so I guess I just have to stop comparing different areas of the screen with each other while using it.
Bracer07 is offline  
post #2100 of 7683 Old 05-15-2019, 05:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The HDR10 + VRR issue with C9 & Xbox One X fixed yet??
EC1602 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
dead , lg c9 oled , lg oled c9 , oled 55 , pixel dead , pixels

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off