2019 Sony A9G Master Series OLED Owner's Thread - Page 194 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2840Likes

post #5791 of 6204 Old 05-28-2020, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post
I was a bit stubborn about it, because the only apps I use (Netflix, Amazon, YouTube TV) are all available as internal apps, but there are too many issues with sound dropouts via ARC, as well as this weird static line on YouTube TV that keeps flashing.

None of those issues are present on ATV. And no need to worry about ARC dropouts. I still think it's kind of an unnecessary addition for my limited streaming habits, but who knows if Sony will ever fix these problems. The audio dropouts that affect certain AVRs have been going on forever, including with older models. And when you throw on all of these restarts that are needed, it's just best to not worry with all that crap.
I hear you the random restarts can be annoying , I'm going to purchase the ATV soon, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5792 of 6204 Old 05-28-2020, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I decided against the z9g, great price but I really wanted OLED. My glass wall has plenty of blinds so I can control the light. Installed today. It certainly doesn’t disappoint does it. Quite stunning. Apple TV with DV bright is sumptuous. Calibrated using DNice settings for now as I warm it up. I loved my x940c. This is a different game altogether. Inky blacks, super uniformity on the panel and a surprisingly reasonable sound before I hook anything up. Now I see the light or the dark.
WOLVERNOLE and chunon like this.
post #5793 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSaunders View Post
I decided against the z9g, great price but I really wanted OLED. My glass wall has plenty of blinds so I can control the light. Installed today. It certainly doesn’️t disappoint does it. Quite stunning. Apple TV with DV bright is sumptuous. Calibrated using DNice settings for now as I warm it up. I loved my x940c. This is a different game altogether. Inky blacks, super uniformity on the panel and a surprisingly reasonable sound before I hook anything up. Now I see the light or the dark.
Good choice either way. You can use his settings as a baseline, but play around with your set. One size does not fit all for every TV and we all have different eyes. Especially when it comes to the processing and motion settings. Spend a couple hours watching a movie and Tweak things while watching to see what looks best to you.
SoCalSaunders likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5794 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
I decided against the z9g, great price but I really wanted OLED. My glass wall has plenty of blinds so I can control the light. Installed today. It certainly doesn’️t disappoint does it. Quite stunning. Apple TV with DV bright is sumptuous. Calibrated using DNice settings for now as I warm it up. I loved my x940c. This is a different game altogether. Inky blacks, super uniformity on the panel and a surprisingly reasonable sound before I hook anything up. Now I see the light or the dark.
Agreed, the Sony color, processing, uniformity and inky blacks of the A9G has taken the game to the next level. Even my wife, who historically doesn't care about quality home theater gear has been converted and admits greatness.

I have a wall to the right of my Sony with 14' of sliding glass doors that the sun shines in till about 2pm. The A9G punches through the light just fine. Frankly, the OLED causes much less eye fatigue than my Samsung flagship LED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue83 View Post
Quote:
I decided against the z9g, great price but I really wanted OLED. My glass wall has plenty of blinds so I can control the light. Installed today. It certainly doesn’️t disappoint does it. Quite stunning. Apple TV with DV bright is sumptuous. Calibrated using DNice settings for now as I warm it up. I loved my x940c. This is a different game altogether.
Good choice either way. You can use his settings as a baseline, but play around with your set. One size does not fit all for every TV and we all have different eyes. Especially when it comes to the processing and motion settings. Spend a couple hours watching a movie and Tweak things while watching to see what looks best to you.
Yup, the A9G is truly worth the painless and enjoyable effort to test drive familiar material and different sources and dial in a picture that is best for the owner. I've used D-nice settings as a baseline. This tv is a piece of art whether on or off.
WOLVERNOLE and SoCalSaunders like this.

Sony XBR-65-A9G, Sony UBP-X800m2, Xfinity, 600plus bluray/4k movies and time to enjoy it.
post #5795 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 08:25 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 42
So which firmware?

Current?

Update notice pushed to TV?

Version on Sony website?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tv Software Current.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	2734116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tv Update.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	688.7 KB
ID:	2734118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony Update.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	2734120  

Sony A9g OLED, Panasonic UB9000 4K Blu Ray, 7.2 with Thiel Power Points, twin Seaton Submersive F2's. D-Sonic Amp, Anthem AVM60, Richard Grey Power, Control 4 Home Automation, QNAP 423, Roku, Audioquest Cinnamon HDMI cables
post #5796 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 204 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2753 Post(s)
Liked: 4934
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiorgio View Post
So which firmware?

Current?

Update notice pushed to TV?

Version on Sony website?
The firmware on the Sony website is newer than what is being pushed to your TV.
Geronimo.USMC likes this.
post #5797 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnelleC View Post
These Questions are for D-Nice. I will number them since I have a lot in order to make it easier for you to answer, if you would be so gracious.
1. I do not see sharpness settings for either set of settings you posted.

2. I saw a different post of yours that indicated for people using a setting of 48 Color to use a setting of 50 Color in HDR and Dolbyvision. If I have "Per Color Adjustments" made in accordance with a Color setting of 48 in SDR, Won't that make them not map out properly to HDR and SDR with a Color setting of 50 in those 2 formats (HDR/Dolbyvision)?

3. Why should we be using Reality Creation at 4 on the 2020 builds, and not on the 2019 builds?

5. If I am calibrating my 77" A9G to 77.6 Footlamberts (With Peak Luminance on HIGH, and Gamma at -2 targeting 2.4), is my picture going to really be accurate as long as my grayscale, gamma, and measurements of color for Red, Magenta, Blue, Green, Cyan, and Yellow all have delta errors at around 0.2 and 0.1? I am reading 75% / 75% only, and do not have the ability to run colorchecker, so should I assume the color at other levels will have much larger errors, or if 75% / 75% is showing errors that low should I assume the rest is following suit at least closely?

6. When measuring grayscale/gamma on Calman, the 100% pattern pulls the entire power gamma line graph in different directions, so let's say I start with a measurement of 100% IRE and measure from 0% IRE up to 95% IRE, 60% up to 95% may progressively dip down towards 2.0, but let's say I measure 100% a second time, the graph will straighten out closer to 2.4. Same thing applies if I was to wait 3 to 5 seconds before taking the 100% reading, it will give me different results along the entire graph generally from 60% IRE to 95% IRE. Is this ABL kicking in on the 100% pattern, changing it's luminance levels and ultimately effecting the rest of the graph? If so, which reading of 100% should I base my adjustments of 60% to 95% to? The very first 100% reading as soon as the pattern pops up, wait 3 to 5 seconds then take the reading, or just take a second reading after 95%? Very confusing...

7. Could you look at my attached calibration results and tl me what you think? Can't seem to get 80% IRE to 95% IRE to ever flatten out. I'm using Ted's 21 Step Grayscale Patterns with the A9G Internal VLC Media Player App and takingvreadings with an I1 Pro-2 on Calman Home For Sony.

INPUT FROM OTHERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS WELL 🙂🙂
I believe the 2020 A9G models use a new OLED panel.

Sony XBR77A9G | Panasonic UB820 | Sony UBP-X800 | Apple TV 4K | Yamaha CX-A5200 | Polk LSI | Axiom Audio M5HP | Emotiva C2 | SVS SB-13 Ultra | May the Lord be with You
post #5798 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnelleC View Post
These Questions are for D-Nice. I will number them since I have a lot in order to make it easier for you to answer, if you would be so gracious.
1. I do not see sharpness settings for either set of settings you posted.

2. I saw a different post of yours that indicated for people using a setting of 48 Color to use a setting of 50 Color in HDR and Dolbyvision. If I have "Per Color Adjustments" made in accordance with a Color setting of 48 in SDR, Won't that make them not map out properly to HDR and SDR with a Color setting of 50 in those 2 formats (HDR/Dolbyvision)?

3. Why should we be using Reality Creation at 4 on the 2020 builds, and not on the 2019 builds?

5. If I am calibrating my 77" A9G to 77.6 Footlamberts (With Peak Luminance on HIGH, and Gamma at -2 targeting 2.4), is my picture going to really be accurate as long as my grayscale, gamma, and measurements of color for Red, Magenta, Blue, Green, Cyan, and Yellow all have delta errors at around 0.2 and 0.1? I am reading 75% / 75% only, and do not have the ability to run colorchecker, so should I assume the color at other levels will have much larger errors, or if 75% / 75% is showing errors that low should I assume the rest is following suit at least closely?

6. When measuring grayscale/gamma on Calman, the 100% pattern pulls the entire power gamma line graph in different directions, so let's say I start with a measurement of 100% IRE and measure from 0% IRE up to 95% IRE, 60% up to 95% may progressively dip down towards 2.0, but let's say I measure 100% a second time, the graph will straighten out closer to 2.4. Same thing applies if I was to wait 3 to 5 seconds before taking the 100% reading, it will give me different results along the entire graph generally from 60% IRE to 95% IRE. Is this ABL kicking in on the 100% pattern, changing it's luminance levels and ultimately effecting the rest of the graph? If so, which reading of 100% should I base my adjustments of 60% to 95% to? The very first 100% reading as soon as the pattern pops up, wait 3 to 5 seconds then take the reading, or just take a second reading after 95%? Very confusing...

7. Could you look at my attached calibration results and tl me what you think? Can't seem to get 80% IRE to 95% IRE to ever flatten out. I'm using Ted's 21 Step Grayscale Patterns with the A9G Internal VLC Media Player App and takingvreadings with an I1 Pro-2 on Calman Home For Sony.

INPUT FROM OTHERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED AS WELL 🙂🙂
what are your RGB values for the 20 point balance?
at home by doing autocal, I have values for points 1 -20 / -16 / -20 and point 2 (-8 / -7 / -12).
I find that the corrections on the RGB are important and must block the blacks? the rest of the points are consistent
I don't know how to increase these values calculated by autocal.

Thank you
post #5799 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Panel Refresh

If anybody is interested--my 65" has just finished it's third panel refresh. The first occurred at ~400 hours. The second at ~600 hours. And, the most recent at ~ 800 hours. So, it appears that the panel I have will now have an interval of ~200 hours between every panel refresh cycle. Each time the refresh happens, there are no problems. When I turn the set off for the night, and it is time for the cycle, I get the notice that it will do the refresh. I leave the set off for ~18 hours before using it again. Then, an on-screen message says that the cycle has finished.

Just FYI for anybody that may care about this topic.
WOLVERNOLE and pbz06 like this.
post #5800 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In response to dubusduck #5797 , I am looking at a new 2019 65A9G, are you saying that I should
might be getting a old panel design?
post #5801 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawasdeecf View Post
In response to dubusduck #5797 , I am looking at a new 2019 65A9G, are you saying that I should
might be getting a old panel design? [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG]
The 77” is supposed to have the 2020 panel. Suggest you talk to Robert Zohn at Value Electronics about the 65”.

Sony XBR77A9G | Panasonic UB820 | Sony UBP-X800 | Apple TV 4K | Yamaha CX-A5200 | Polk LSI | Axiom Audio M5HP | Emotiva C2 | SVS SB-13 Ultra | May the Lord be with You
post #5802 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 05:02 PM
All That Jazz

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
I decided against the z9g, great price but I really wanted OLED. My glass wall has plenty of blinds so I can control the light. Installed today. It certainly doesn’t disappoint does it. Quite stunning. Apple TV with DV bright is sumptuous. Calibrated using DNice settings for now as I warm it up. I loved my x940c. This is a different game altogether. Inky blacks, super uniformity on the panel and a surprisingly reasonable sound before I hook anything up. Now I see the light or the dark.
We owned a 75” Z9D before getting our 77” A9G OLED. Both are great TVs, but we prefer our OLED over the Z9D LCD in our small dedicated light-controlled audio-video room. We mostly watch DVD/BD movies via our BluRay player as well as streaming from our Apple 4K TV. Of course YMMV, but in our environment and with our viewing habits, our OLED is highly preferred. Just my wife’s and my 2 cents regarding this topic.
SoCalSaunders likes this.

A/V SYSTEM: Sony A9G 77” (main), Sony A9F 65”, Sony A8G 65”, Anthem 525, Anthem AVM 60, Sonus Faber Amati Futura, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, JL112E, Oppo 203 103 83, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Triton 3/Denali v2, Auralex room tx, black out curtains
2 CHANNEL STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DS DACs, PS Audio DMP SACD transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20 amp, Sonus Faber Stradivari.
post #5803 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post
If anybody is interested--my 65" has just finished it's third panel refresh. The first occurred at ~400 hours. The second at ~600 hours. And, the most recent at ~ 800 hours. So, it appears that the panel I have will now have an interval of ~200 hours between every panel refresh cycle. Each time the refresh happens, there are no problems. When I turn the set off for the night, and it is time for the cycle, I get the notice that it will do the refresh. I leave the set off for ~18 hours before using it again. Then, an on-screen message says that the cycle has finished.

My set is at ~675 hours after one year and hasn't performed a single major refresh.
post #5804 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubusduck View Post
The 77” is supposed to have the 2020 panel. Suggest you talk to Robert Zohn at Value Electronics about the 65”.
This is interesting. I looked at the build date on mine. April 2020. I’ve never had a TV manufactured within a month of purchasing. Do we have any details related to the panel difference?
post #5805 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fosse View Post
We owned a 75” Z9D before getting our 77” A9G OLED. Both are great TVs, but we prefer our OLED over the Z9D LCD in our small dedicated light-controlled audio-video room. We mostly watch DVD/BD movies via our BluRay player as well as streaming from our Apple 4K TV. Of course YMMV, but in our environment and with our viewing habits, our OLED is highly preferred. Just my wife’s and my 2 cents regarding this topic.
I agree Bob. Even my good lady who usually has no interest stated; this is very good. How much? You see, every thing I purchase is from the $75 shop. Joking aside she knows. I really like Apple TV 4K. It’s so much richer than Netflix, fire stick, prime etc. Mad Max Fury Road has a whole new dimension on the A9G. No buyers remorse here.

Cheers.
WOLVERNOLE and Bob Fosse like this.
post #5806 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This is interesting. I looked at the build date on mine. April 2020. I’️ve never had a TV manufactured within a month of purchasing. Do we have any details related to the panel
difference?
I think the pixel structure is different.

post #5807 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
This is interesting. I looked at the build date on mine. April 2020. I’️ve never had a TV manufactured within a month of purchasing. Do we have any details related to the panel difference?
So how do you like it? I think Sony also tuned the processor for better low level luminance performance.

post #5808 of 6204 Old 05-29-2020, 09:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Lightbulb

Quote:
I think you are doing yourself a disservice NOT having a UHD 4K deck. You paid a LOT for a 4K panel...let that baby rip ! Break down and buy a Panasonic 820 for about $400. That is definitely THEE best uncompressed picture you can possibly get. Just Do it.

Sure 2K Blu-ray look pretty doggone good on your A9G.

On second thought, you're "Bob Fosse" and you're dead ! Never mind...
Bob Fosse likes this.
post #5809 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post

If I am not mistaken, the regular interval should still be about 2000 hours. I would definitely not perform the refresh every 200 hours. My A9F had the same issue after the update to Android 9 and Sony told me not to perform it that often. There are are cases like this to be found on other forums, so it seems to be a problem that affects more owners. Let's hope an update will fix this one day.
post #5810 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD23 View Post
My set is at ~675 hours after one year and hasn't performed a single major refresh.
I've had mine for a year as well, and still no major refresh.
Masterwarzombie and jrref like this.

Sony A9G, Oppo 205, Parasound JC2, Parasound A21, Sonus Faber Olympica IIIs
post #5811 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Maybe my new issue will make you guys feel better about yours, spent many hours rerunning wire since I moved my speakers around to mount 4 on the ceiling and stepped up the center channel to really get the full experience. Wouldn't you know after all that, I go to rerun Audyssey and the mic jack is apparently bad after trying someone else's mic, doing a soft reset, and then 5 microprocessor resets. So now I don't know what to do after spending all that time and really being tired of hooking stuff up and playing with the receiver. Guess I should see if I can do a calibration and maybe get them to also calibrate the receiver as well for the new speakers?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200529_202329.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	2734490  

Budget 5.2.4 setup Sony 77A9G, Denon AVR-X4300H, KEF KHT3005BL 7.1, KEF Q-300, KEF Q600C, BIC America Formula F-12, and Sony X700 4K Player

Bedroom TV Sony 52XBR4
post #5812 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
I think Sony also tuned the processor for better low level luminance performance.
Quote:

I understand D-Nice posted different calibration settings that were dependant on the panel manufacture date, but do you mind sharing where you found this information?
post #5813 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I wonder if performing a reboot of the set, for internal app lock-ups/freezing or other issues, is affecting the panel refresh schedule?
post #5814 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Is it in the service meny you can see how many hours its been turned on?
If so how do i get there?

thanks

Sony KD-77AG9 / AppleTV4k / Nvidia Shield 2019
post #5815 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

I've had mine for a year as well, and still no major refresh.
my 77AG9 purchased in June 2019. No refresh of the panel.
If I have nothing in July, should I do it manually?

why do some have so much panel refresh when i did the updates like everyone else?
post #5816 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by box4m View Post
Is it in the service meny you can see how many hours its been turned on?
If so how do i get there?

thanks
when your tv is in standby, press i+, 5, volume + and the power button on your remote (in this order).

On the screen that appears select "self diagnosis"

The three rows of digits in the bottom of the screen should display total operation hours, boot up count and panel hours (from left to right)

Do not change anything in the service menu, unless you want to brick your TV

I would, however, not trust these numbers. On my A9F they somehow kept jumping back and forth (after about one year it displayed about 200 total usage hours, which cannot be right given that the TV was running for about 3-4 hours each day). Then, after a while it was only about 150 etc..
post #5817 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 10:13 AM
All That Jazz

Quote:
I agree Bob. Even my good lady who usually has no interest stated; this is very good. How much? You see, every thing I purchase is from the $75 shop. Joking aside she knows. I really like Apple TV 4K. It’s so much richer than Netflix, fire stick, prime etc. Mad Max Fury Road has a whole new dimension on the A9G. No buyers remorse here.

Cheers.
Agree 100%. We like our Apple 4K too, and also still spin disks on our OPPO 203 including a few 4K HDR movies which we own. The A9G brings out the best of our DVD/BD collection too. The A9G is the best TV that we’ve ever owned which even my wife, who normally isn’t into into these things totally agrees.
WOLVERNOLE and SoCalSaunders like this.

A/V SYSTEM: Sony A9G 77” (main), Sony A9F 65”, Sony A8G 65”, Anthem 525, Anthem AVM 60, Sonus Faber Amati Futura, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, JL112E, Oppo 203 103 83, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Triton 3/Denali v2, Auralex room tx, black out curtains
2 CHANNEL STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DS DACs, PS Audio DMP SACD transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20 amp, Sonus Faber Stradivari.
post #5818 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 10:42 AM
All That Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERNOLE View Post
I think you are doing yourself a disservice NOT having a UHD 4K deck. You paid a LOT for a 4K panel...let that baby rip ! Break down and buy a Panasonic 820 for about $400. That is definitely THEE best uncompressed picture you can possibly get. Just Do it.

Sure 2K Blu-ray look pretty doggone good on your A9G.

On second thought, you're "Bob Fosse" and you're dead ! Never mind...
Oh, my dad, Bob Fosse has passed, but I am the other Bob Fosse

I’m a bit confused as to your comment regarding doing myself “a disservice in not having a UHD 4K deck.” If you look at my signature you will see that I own an OPPO 203; in fact 2 of them. Are you saying that the OPPO 203 is not a 4K UHD player
WOLVERNOLE likes this.

post #5819 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Bob, I hope this clears up why I thought you were operating without a UHD 4K Blu-ray

Quote:
Bob, in my original message to you, I was going off (see highlighted, italicized and underlined comment quoting you. I think I highlighted your quote last time too. You said "We mostly watch DVD/BD movies via our BluRay player." A DVD/BD is certainly not a UHD 4K disc; it is, well, a DVD (2K 480p), BD (again, 2K/1080p), but this is NOT a 4K UHD.

My bad for not catching the equipment line, but nevertheless, the information you shared on your viewing habits stands for itself. "No good deed goes unpunished." Who said that anyway? Well, I was perplexed that with such a "badboy" of a panel as the great SONY A9G, watching mere DVDs or even 2K 1080p discs was dwarfing your viewing experience. Just trying to help, my friend !

Sooo, are you actually The Great Bob Fosse's son? If so, it certainly goes without saying that he was admired and rightly esteemed, and you have right to be proud !

Hey, thanks for the update. I am also the owner of an Oppo 203...love that thing ! I am a sucker for a backlit remote, especially in our dark-downed theater room.

Rock on !
Bob Fosse likes this.

Last edited by WOLVERNOLE; 05-30-2020 at 12:30 PM.
post #5820 of 6204 Old 05-30-2020, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvg45 View Post
Quote:
I think Sony also tuned the processor for better low level luminance performance.
Quote:

I understand D-Nice posted different calibration settings that were dependant on the panel manufacture date, but do you mind sharing
where you found this information?
I think Vincent Teoh from HDTV Test said the pixel structure is different on the LG CX or the Sony A8H and I think the bit about the Sony A9G chip being retuned came from the mini shoot out Value Electronics had between the CX and the A9G.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page