2019 Sony A9G Master Series OLED Owner's Thread - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2264Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #841 of 4680 Old 06-19-2019, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 17,118
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2133 Post(s)
Liked: 4007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
That right there proves they are all over the place and their reviews include zero application of the human element, and rely solely on computer and meter readings.
The human factor, aka human condition, is not appropriate for an objective review. Any and all threads on AVS, including this one, prove why.
D-Nice is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #842 of 4680 Old 06-19-2019, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,853
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked: 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
The human factor, aka human condition, is not appropriate for an objective review. Any and all threads on AVS, including this one, prove why.


I hear that, but why are their ootb color accuracy readings for the a9g lower than a $500 hisense? Did you test this set yet? I’m curious to see if you got similar ootb inaccuracy, much lower color volume and much lower peak brightness than the a9f.
sd13 is offline  
post #843 of 4680 Old 06-19-2019, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 5,909
Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4847 Post(s)
Liked: 5823
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
Both shootouts use single samples too, correct? I will assume VE has not devolved into cherry picking samples for the shootout so, all results and judgements, if you choose to call them that, are based on one sole sample.... regardless of venue, correcta’

rtings used a 55” sample for their review and I’m not sure what peak luminance setting they used for HDR measurements. One can expect different results with the 65 and 77” models.
Right but since calibrators like you and I see several of these sets we know what's typical vs rtings seeing the one set.
sd13 likes this.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, LightSpace Pro, ISF Level III Certified
jrref is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #844 of 4680 Old 06-19-2019, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
bootymonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD23 View Post
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-type/oled


Rtings leaves the A9G off its "Best of OLED" list and claims the discontinued A9F is superior. They also claim the A9F is a better value, though the two have the same MSRP. LOL.
I think the A9F was on sale at BBY and other places when they posted that (so a rare Sony authorized MSRP drop), but the sale has since ended.
bootymonger is offline  
post #845 of 4680 Old 06-19-2019, 02:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: CNY
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I can maybe see why the ootb color accuracy seems skewed, mine just seemed dull under 40-50hrs of viewing. After those hours it did get noticeably better and can say that my a9g vs my c8 in sdr viewing, the a9g is just more a live with the picture than my c8. Could just be a panel to panel variance but that is how I am seeing it right now.

Sony A9G 65"/LG C8 65”- Bose 300 w/surround cubes- Xbox One X- PS4 Pro
XoOledxo is offline  
post #846 of 4680 Old 06-19-2019, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,469
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7158 Post(s)
Liked: 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterpaul View Post

Since these tv's aren't exactly cheap, would it be wise to get the 5-year square trade extended protection with it? My credit card gives me one year of warranty on top of the Sony warranty, so at this time I should be ok for the first 2 years of ownership.

Thank you,
Paul
Your right these TV's are not cheap. The Square Trade warranty has to be bought within 30 days of purchasing a TV, so remember that. A Mack Warranty can be bought but up to 9 months after you bought you TV. The credit card coverage goes into effect after all other overages, so you could have 1 year Sony, 4 years Mack, and 1 year from your card company.

---Will you need it, odds are no, but if you do you will regret not buying the warranty especially if the screen is shot, you might have to just throw your TV away and start over......
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #847 of 4680 Old 06-19-2019, 10:36 PM
Newbie
 
dfectv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Which is why you need to use these reviews as a guide.

People need to realize that although rtings and other reviewers do a good job, they are only looking at one sample and have to make judgement calls based on their experience and what they see. At the VE TV Shootout and Vincent Teoh's UK Shootout you have many of the top calibrators, post production, colorists and top professionals in the industry evaluating at the event. No one reviewer can muster that kind of talent to evaluate these new TVs every model year. That said, although the new models are not compared with the older models at these shootouts, the results speak for themselves that "for the most part," these sets continue to evolve getting better and better every model year.

I'm back and forth with these two TVs. And since you own an A9F and are working on numerous A9Gs; in what ways do you think the A9G is > the A9F?
dfectv is offline  
post #848 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 10:44 AM
Member
 
Soundboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Your Window
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I ditched the A8F for the A9G because of the ARC audio output issue (no sound) which started plaguing users back in January. It finally got fixed with a firmware update a few weeks ago, but I was already upgraded by then.

I just set up the A9G and now I'm experiencing audio dropouts on my Yamaha receiver when using the TV's internal apps (Netflix, HBO, etc.). The Hulu app is pretty much unwatchable due to the constant dropouts.
I have no issues if I switch to the TV's internal speakers. My PS4 also outputs audio from various apps without any issues, so I know it's the A9G itself. It's causing my Yamaha receiver to switch from DD+ to Dolby Surround every few seconds.
It must be either an eARC issue or something tied to Android TV. I even tried rebooting the TV, but the issue still remains. If I call Sony, they'll tell me to factory reset the TV, which is nonsense.
I don't want to use optical either. Needless to say, this is super annoying.

Sony XBR65A9G
Yamaha RX-A3080
Sony UBP-X700
Soundboy is offline  
post #849 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
alettiere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundboy View Post
I ditched the A8F for the A9G because of the ARC audio output issue (no sound) which started plaguing users back in January. It finally got fixed with a firmware update a few weeks ago, but I was already upgraded by then.



I just set up the A9G and now I'm experiencing audio dropouts on my Yamaha receiver when using the TV's internal apps (Netflix, HBO, etc.). The Hulu app is pretty much unwatchable due to the constant dropouts.

I have no issues if I switch to the TV's internal speakers. My PS4 also outputs audio from various apps without any issues, so I know it's the A9G itself. It's causing my Yamaha receiver to switch from DD+ to Dolby Surround every few seconds.

It must be either an eARC issue or something tied to Android TV. I even tried rebooting the TV, but the issue still remains. If I call Sony, they'll tell me to factory reset the TV, which is nonsense.

I don't want to use optical either. Needless to say, this is super annoying.

I get audio dropouts over ARC using the TVs apps as well. Regular ARC. But I’ve always had weird bugs with ARC regardless and just end up using the apps on my Blu-ray player instead.

I’m going to try some different cables. But not sure if that will fix it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alettiere is online now  
post #850 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 12:50 PM
Member
 
Soundboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Your Window
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post
I get audio dropouts over ARC using the TVs apps as well. Regular ARC. But I’ve always had weird bugs with ARC regardless and just end up using the apps on my Blu-ray player instead.

I’m going to try some different cables. But not sure if that will fix it.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't think a different HDMI cable will help resolve this issue (my cable is properly rated/compatible), but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. This same cable passes the signal OK with my PS4 so I don't believe it is a cable issue. I also used this same cable on the A8F after the firmware fix and it worked OK.

Sony XBR65A9G
Yamaha RX-A3080
Sony UBP-X700
Soundboy is offline  
post #851 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
alettiere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 777
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundboy View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I don't think a different HDMI cable will help resolve this issue (my cable is properly rated/compatible), but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. This same cable passes the signal OK with my PS4 so I don't believe it is a cable issue. I also used this same cable on the A8F after the firmware fix and it worked OK.

While watching a 2hr movie, I may get about 7-8 drop outs that last a second or so. On one instance, it threw off the lipsync, but only once.

I have a Yamaha AVR as well (1050 Aventage).

Maybe it’ll be addressed via firmware eventually.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alettiere is online now  
post #852 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 02:28 PM
Member
 
jlstang95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 24
My A9G is running internal apps ARC through a Denon 6300 with no dropouts with Monoprice certified HDMI cables. Perhaps the Yamaha is displeased with the A9G.

Sony XBR77A9G
Sony XBR55930e
Denon AVR 6300
jlstang95 is offline  
post #853 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,102
Mentioned: 298 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4130 Post(s)
Liked: 5278
I can't get tired of saying this: HDCP and CEC and all its cousins, including ARC, eARC, Bravia Sync, etc.... are the cause of 99% of HDMI handshake issues. The first thing I do when I get a new TV, display or source is make sure CEC, ARC. eARC or whatever you want to call it, is totally DISABLE and OFF. I have never ever used TVs internal apps. In fact, I would be the happiest man on earth if TVs were be build like projectors, with no a single app. You want apps? Get an ATV 4K or a Nvidia Shield TV.. Just my 2 cents.
D-Nice, JD23, fatuglyguy and 1 others like this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
post #854 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 17,118
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2133 Post(s)
Liked: 4007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
I hear that, but why are their ootb color accuracy readings for the a9g lower than a $500 hisense?
I cannot answer this question.

Quote:
Did you test this set yet?
Yes

Quote:
I’m curious to see if you got similar ootb inaccuracy, much lower color volume and much lower peak brightness than the a9f.
I don’t measure or focus on OOTB accuracy because no consumer TV is accurate OOTB. My luminance measurements are similar but not the same and I cannot replicate their color volume measurements. Please keep in mind that measurements will vary between samples. They also will vary with the same OLED sample based on a few factors.... one of which is thermal stability.
sd13 and jrref like this.
D-Nice is offline  
post #855 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
hifi59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 768
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundboy View Post
I ditched the A8F for the A9G because of the ARC audio output issue (no sound) which started plaguing users back in January. It finally got fixed with a firmware update a few weeks ago, but I was already upgraded by then.

I just set up the A9G and now I'm experiencing audio dropouts on my Yamaha receiver when using the TV's internal apps (Netflix, HBO, etc.). The Hulu app is pretty much unwatchable due to the constant dropouts.
I have no issues if I switch to the TV's internal speakers. My PS4 also outputs audio from various apps without any issues, so I know it's the A9G itself. It's causing my Yamaha receiver to switch from DD+ to Dolby Surround every few seconds.
It must be either an eARC issue or something tied to Android TV. I even tried rebooting the TV, but the issue still remains. If I call Sony, they'll tell me to factory reset the TV, which is nonsense.
I don't want to use optical either. Needless to say, this is super annoying.
I have that same setup and experienced the same thing using Sony’s Netflix via eArc to my Yamaha 3080 receiver.
I tried lowering the jitter level on the Yamaha from level 3 down to level 2 then 1 then off. Yamaha says level 3 can cause issues like this. None helped. I then turned off Dolby plus on the Sony and left it at Dolby. It works for some reason. I no longer have the issue as of 3 hours of viewing. I was getting the audio dropouts or audio hiccups about once a minute or so.
Soundboy likes this.

If you're talkin, you ain't learnin.

Last edited by hifi59; 06-20-2019 at 04:05 PM.
hifi59 is online now  
post #856 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Member
 
Soundboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Your Window
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
You want apps? Get an ATV 4K or a Nvidia Shield TV.. Just my 2 cents.
I hate to break it to you, but the Nvidia Shield and ATV 4K have experienced the same audio issues.
http://bfy.tw/OCwk
http://bfy.tw/OCwn

Sony XBR65A9G
Yamaha RX-A3080
Sony UBP-X700
Soundboy is offline  
post #857 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 6,102
Mentioned: 298 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4130 Post(s)
Liked: 5278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundboy View Post
I hate to break it to you, but the Nvidia Shield and ATV 4K have experienced the same audio issues.
http://bfy.tw/OCwk
http://bfy.tw/OCwn
I haven't experienced a single audio issue with my 2 x ATV 4K or my 2 x Nvidia Shield TVs in my two ATMOS systems ever. Not even when watching Netflix Dolby Vision + ATMOS content. Looks to me that the common denominator of those reporting issues in this thread with their internal apps is the Yamaha receiver. I have a Marantz SR6013, Denon X6500H and Emotiva XMC-1 and all of them work without any audio or video issues. Like I said, I have ARC disable in all my components.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
post #858 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Newbie
 
Technicolor Deathtrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Just picked up my A9G 77”. Picture quality is absolutely amazing, I live everything about this model but I just wish it was a bit brighter, am I missing something as far as the settings is there a way to make it brighter besides the brightness slider?
Spizz and sd13 like this.
Technicolor Deathtrap is offline  
post #859 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JD23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,185
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technicolor Deathtrap View Post
Just picked up my A9G 77”. Picture quality is absolutely amazing, I live everything about this model but I just wish it was a bit brighter, am I missing something as far as the settings is there a way to make it brighter besides the brightness slider?

You can also adjust the Peak Luminance setting. I have Peak Luminance on Medium for SDR with brightness = 13, and Peak Luminance on High with brightness = max for HDR. The light in my game room is controlled fairly well, so the A9G provides more than enough brightness for SDR. I would certainly like more punch for specular highlights, such as provided by my X930E, but the lack of blooming and infinite contrast ratio mostly makes up for the lack of raw brightness.
JD23 is online now  
post #860 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,853
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked: 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technicolor Deathtrap View Post
Just picked up my A9G 77”. Picture quality is absolutely amazing, I live everything about this model but I just wish it was a bit brighter, am I missing something as far as the settings is there a way to make it brighter besides the brightness slider?


Raise the “brightness “ slider. Set peak luminance to high. Make sure to turn the light sensor off. Raising gamma from default -2 to -1 or 0 may help as well. You can also raise the contrast slider but too much may cause clipping. Advance contrast enhancer also makes the image brighter but you may get side effects with PQ.
sd13 is offline  
post #861 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 07:31 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Unfortunately, it does not use HDMI 2.1.
renjieah is offline  
post #862 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sd13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,853
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Liked: 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by renjieah View Post
Unfortunately, it does not use HDMI 2.1.

You signed up to the forums just to post to both A9f and the a9g threads to let everybody know that there is no hdmi 2.1 lol. The length some people go to, in order to feel better about their purchase is mind boggling.
JD23, Balthazar2k4, jrref and 3 others like this.
sd13 is offline  
post #863 of 4680 Old 06-20-2019, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 17,118
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2133 Post(s)
Liked: 4007
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
i can't get tired of saying this: Hdcp and cec and all its cousins, including arc, earc, bravia sync, etc.... Are the cause of 99% of hdmi handshake issues. The first thing i do when i get a new tv, display or source is make sure cec, arc. Earc or whatever you want to call it, is totally disable and off. I have never ever used tvs internal apps. In fact, i would be the happiest man on earth if tvs were be build like projectors, with no a single app. You want apps? Get an atv 4k or a nvidia shield tv.. Just my 2 cents.
+10,000
D-Nice is offline  
post #864 of 4680 Old 06-21-2019, 03:05 AM
Newbie
 
Technicolor Deathtrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Thank you for the quick replies. I will adjust to those settings later tonight 👍🏻. I was testing out some older made movies on this screen and the colors just look spot on, I’m enjoying this TV so much 🤤.
sd13 likes this.
Technicolor Deathtrap is offline  
post #865 of 4680 Old 06-21-2019, 09:50 AM
Member
 
Diesel Pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technicolor Deathtrap View Post
Thank you for the quick replies. I will adjust to those settings later tonight 👍🏻. I was testing out some older made movies on this screen and the colors just look spot on, I’m enjoying this TV so much 🤤.
Please keep us posted as to how this works out for you. I'm watching closely for feedback on this model.
Diesel Pro is offline  
post #866 of 4680 Old 06-21-2019, 12:25 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quick question. Are the 65” and 77” currently backordered? My local AV guy in NC told me 4 weeks to get the 77” and told my father the same for the 65”. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks from a former lurker/new member.
Themiket is offline  
post #867 of 4680 Old 06-21-2019, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
BillP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 14,863
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themiket View Post
Quick question. Are the 65” and 77” currently backordered? My local AV guy in NC told me 4 weeks to get the 77” and told my father the same for the 65”. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks from a former lurker/new member.
I think it depends on the retailer. The big box stores like Best Buy seem to get them first, while some of the smaller local stores get them later.
BillP is offline  
post #868 of 4680 Old 06-21-2019, 04:10 PM
Member
 
Soundboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Your Window
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I haven't experienced a single audio issue with my 2 x ATV 4K or my 2 x Nvidia Shield TVs in my two ATMOS systems ever. Not even when watching Netflix Dolby Vision + ATMOS content. Looks to me that the common denominator of those reporting issues in this thread with their internal apps is the Yamaha receiver. I have a Marantz SR6013, Denon X6500H and Emotiva XMC-1 and all of them work without any audio or video issues. Like I said, I have ARC disable in all my components.
I understand your point, but you are not the average user. Also, "I can't get tired of saying this" comes across very arrogant to other posters here who are not enthusiasts like yourself. I kindly ask you to remember your roots.

There is nothing wrong with consumers who do not wish to have redundancy in their AV setups (internal apps + external STB). Not everyone wants to buy a Harmony or programmable remote either.
Some people may have this TV in their bedrooms or other rooms besides the media room and should rightfully expect to control their devices with a single remote.

The ARC issue affected other audio products besides Yamaha and it wasn't Yamaha who came out with a firmware fix for Oreo -- it was Sony.
Again, I see where you're coming from, but let's remember different strokes for different folks.

Sony XBR65A9G
Yamaha RX-A3080
Sony UBP-X700
Soundboy is offline  
post #869 of 4680 Old 06-22-2019, 02:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundboy View Post
I understand your point, but you are not the average user. Also, "I can't get tired of saying this" comes across very arrogant to other posters here who are not enthusiasts like yourself. I kindly ask you to remember your roots.

There is nothing wrong with consumers who do not wish to have redundancy in their AV setups (internal apps + external STB). Not everyone wants to buy a Harmony or programmable remote either.
Some people may have this TV in their bedrooms or other rooms besides the media room and should rightfully expect to control their devices with a single remote.

The ARC issue affected other audio products besides Yamaha and it wasn't Yamaha who came out with a firmware fix for Oreo -- it was Sony.
Again, I see where you're coming from, but let's remember different strokes for different folks.
Does not come across as arrogant you have taken his response personally and therefore emotionally. People need to take advice for what is and not take it to heart. If you don’t like it’s fine too but firing a broadside just makes you look childish.
geoffo11 is offline  
post #870 of 4680 Old 06-22-2019, 11:48 AM
Member
 
Soundboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Outside Your Window
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffo11 View Post
Does not come across as arrogant you have taken his response personally and therefore emotionally. People need to take advice for what is and not take it to heart. If you don’t like it’s fine too but firing a broadside just makes you look childish.
This is the A9G OWNER'S THREAD. Note that I didn't say "I can never get tired of saying this."

1) I posted about an audio dropout issue I was experiencing with my A9G.
2) Another awesome user with the same equipment (HiFi59) promptly suggests a great counter measure/work-around solution to save me and others wasted time and grief (thank you BTW!).
3) I immediately try this solution and it works for me.
4) Our communication helps other users address the issue should it affect them.
5) Ideally, the issue raises awareness and it comes to Sony's attention.
6) Sony then fixes the issue.

See how this works?
hifi59 likes this.

Sony XBR65A9G
Yamaha RX-A3080
Sony UBP-X700
Soundboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off