2019 Sony A9G Master Series OLED Owner's Thread - Page 69 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1538Likes

post #2041 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Manderin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo.USMC View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to give the Center Channel feature a go. I don't know why more TV manufacturer do this. I'm just a little disappointed that they went with the clips this time around. Now I have to rig something up to go from Audioquest banana to clips. My speaker wires are banana only........grrrrr
I tried using the A9G as a center channel with my Denon x3600h and HTD Level 3 speakers. The results were not good. Even after rerunning Audyssey, the center channel audio just didn't sound right. The other weird thing is that Audyssey threw an error saying the center channel was out of phase, when I know it was wired correctly. It also thought the center channel was almost 25 ft. from my listening area. The room isn't even that big. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG] I tweaked it with manual settings but it didn't make a difference. So I'm sticking with my dedicated center channel speaker. Oh well.

And I agree with you about the clips. They don't work well for anything larger than 18-20 gauge wire.
Thanks for all the great posts, and thoughts guys. I'll be getting my 65in today, and give the Center Channel feature a shot. I'll be taking some REW graphs of the feature, and distance/level match it. Anything you guys want me to check with REW? I have across Spectrum calibrated UMIK 1. I currently do not have room correction since EMOTIVA has not released DIRAC 2.0 for my RMC yet. If anything, I'll still have my center LS50.

The TV will be wall mounted. I usually got better REW readings from my KEF Center in the middle shelf of my entertainment center, so I'll be comparing both via REW at first. I'll be shooting for a crossover of 100 or 120 for the SONY.

My A9G should be arriving between 3:45-7:45pm EST.
toddct likes this.

- AUDIO: (7.2.4 Atmos) EMOTIVA RMC-1 | McIntosh MC-8207 + CROWN XLS 2502, 1502 | KEF LS50, SVS Prime Elevations, RYTHMIK G25HP + L22
- VIDEO: SONY OLED 65A9G | Panasonic UB820 | 44TB Synology DS1815+ | Dune Solo 4K | XBOX ONE X SCORPIO | PS4 PRO | Apple TV 4K | HTPC/Gaming Rig (Ryzen 3700X, GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, 16GB, STRIX OC 1080TI, Auzen HDMI XFi)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6777 Post(s)
Liked: 6784
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
Going to an OLED from an LCD i think the only thing you will sacrifice and miss is brightness.
Many gains, amazing black levels, color accuracy, and if you get the W9 a amazing look .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
It's either OLED for a light controlled environment or LCD for a bright room. The A9G or the LG C9 in any size is not going to be noticeably different in brightness.
True but no TV performs well in a bright room......
post #2043 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 10:45 AM
All That Jazz

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Nice. I replaced the Z9D in my main room too. As good as that was, after 3.5 years I was itching for a new TV and bigger size (65 vs 77)
The size alone is a big plus for you. Our Z9D is 75” so not a significant gain in size here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklivia View Post
Could I ask you guys who had the Z9D how the A9G compares? Do you feel you made a sacrifice in any aspect of your viewing experience? Is the Oleds picture better in every way or not? Thanks, trying to decide what screen (at least 75") to buy.
The OLED has better black levels with a more “saturated” look. As my wife puts it, “the OLED has more pop.” All of our viewing is in a light-controlled dark room and 80-90% of it is with movies, so naturally an OLED is perfect for that use. BTW, our Z9D was calibrated by a revered ISF calibrator.

A/V SYSTEM: Sony A9G 77” (main), Sony A9F 65”, Sony A8G 65”, Anthem 525, Anthem AVM 60, ProAc D80 L+R, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, JL112E, Oppo 203 103 83, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Triton 3/Denali v2, Auralex room tx, black out curtains. 2 CHANNEL STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DS DACs, PS Audio DMP SACD transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20 amp, Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2044 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by marklivia View Post
Could I ask you guys who had the Z9D how the A9G compares? Do you feel you made a sacrifice in any aspect of your viewing experience? Is the Oleds picture better in every way or not? Thanks, trying to decide what screen (at least 75") to buy.
I made the jump from 65” Z9D to 77” A9G. I had the Z since late 2016 and have been enjoying it to this day, my biggest reason to “upgrade” (more on that below) was:

(1) Size – I moved to a new house about 1.5 years ago with a bigger living room/space, so I felt I needed a bigger screen to provide a more cinematic experience. The A9G checked that box.
(2) Hobby – I just like to buy new gear every so often for change of pace. For example, I also got a UB9000 player to replace my Oppo 203 for no reason even though it’s been flawless 😊

The pros and cons of each are as expected, but nowhere near as apart as people make it seem on the forums. Likely because the Z9D is in a class of its own from an LCD perspective so it’s biggest shortcoming vs OLED is almost negligible (I've had people think they were watching an OLED). It feels more like a lateral move with a tilt towards upgrade due to sleeker design, bigger size, snappier OS, and perfect black.

One thing I was worried about with the OLED was brightness during daytime watching, but that turned out to be OK. Of course, I wouldn’t do critical viewing in day time anyway.

The OLED still delivers impressive punch, and the colors are noticeably better and deeper. Motion is a tick better too (although more 24p stutter vs more blurring on the Z).
mugenacura likes this.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
post #2045 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Quoted: 3867 Post(s)
Liked: 4754
Quote:
I made the jump from 65” Z9D to 77” A9G. I had the Z since late 2016 and have been enjoying it to this day, my biggest reason to “upgrade” (more on that below) was:

(1) Size – I moved to a new house about 1.5 years ago with a bigger living room/space, so I felt I needed a bigger screen to provide a more cinematic experience. The A9G checked that box.
(2) Hobby – I just like to buy new gear every so often for change of pace. For example, I also got a UB9000 player to replace my Oppo 203 for no reason even though it’s been flawless 😊

The pros and cons of each are as expected, but nowhere near as apart as people make it seem on the forums. Likely because the Z9D is in a class of its own from an LCD perspective so it’s biggest shortcoming vs OLED is almost negligible (I've had people think they were watching an OLED). It feels more like a lateral move with a tilt towards upgrade due to sleeker design, bigger size, snappier OS, and perfect black.

One thing I was worried about with the OLED was brightness during daytime watching, but that turned out to be OK. Of course, I wouldn’t do critical viewing in day time anyway.

The OLED still delivers impressive punch, and the colors are noticeably better and deeper. Motion is a tick better too (although more 24p stutter vs more blurring on the Z).
I'm about to order the 77A9G for my living room setup and I'm keeping my 65Z9D in my bedroom. I just love the 65Z9D for TV watching and being LCD give you the freedom to watch whatever you want without the worry about possible burn in. The 77A9G in the living room is mostly for movies and occasional baseball games and Formula 1 races during the weekends. The 77A9G is replacing a Sony VW295ES 4K projector which I sold due to poor blacks after get spoiled by the Z9D blacks and not optimal room conditions as I hate to watch movies in a totally dark room.
pbz06 likes this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #2046 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 05:52 PM
All That Jazz

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
I'm about to order the 77A9G for my living room setup and I'm keeping my 65Z9D in my bedroom. I just love the 65Z9D for TV watching and being LCD give you the freedom to watch whatever you want without the worry about possible burn in. The 77A9G in the living room is mostly for movies and occasional baseball games and Formula 1 races during the weekends. The 77A9G is replacing a Sony VW295ES 4K projector which I sold due to poor blacks after get spoiled by the Z9D blacks and not optimal room conditions as I hate to watch movies in a totally dark room.

The Z9D is very special for a LCD TV which we’ve owned since 2016, but with our viewing habits which is watching movies in a dark room, our A9F is better, IMO. That being said, if we watched a lot of sports and TV with opaque logos in a bright room, I would much prefer the Z9D. BTW, we are still waiting for our new 77” A9G to arrive which should be soon.

A/V SYSTEM: Sony A9G 77” (main), Sony A9F 65”, Sony A8G 65”, Anthem 525, Anthem AVM 60, ProAc D80 L+R, ProAc Response CC, AT surrounds, JL112E, Oppo 203 103 83, TiVo Bolt, Apple 4KTV, Shunyata Triton 3/Denali v2, Auralex room tx, black out curtains. 2 CHANNEL STEREO: Aurender N10, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DS DACs, PS Audio DMP SACD transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20 amp, Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers.

Last edited by Bob Fosse; 09-04-2019 at 05:55 PM.
post #2047 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 31
So I bought A9G as I primarily watch TV at night in a dark room. One of the reasons I went with OLED is it’️s second name, best” for dark room.
Well, what I found out is that there’️s some nasty and distracting flashing when some scenes change and there are a dozen of near black frames used as transition. Google taught me it is called near black chrominance.

Is this a non fixable issue? I am thinking of returning the TV. Motion is great so it’️s going to be a tough call.

EDIT: So I remembered there’s also Netflix app on Sony TV (I am using Apple TV 4k). Well, no flashing there at all. Is that an Apple TV bug or Sony is doing some trickery with its native Netflix app?

Last edited by mirekti; 09-04-2019 at 07:26 PM. Reason: New findings
post #2048 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I going to let those who own the set + ATV 4K to chime in but if I recall, there was a flickering bug with ATV 4K and Sony 4K projectors mostly because movies on iTunes and Netflix are Dolby Vision and 4K projectors are HDR10 so the conversion from Dolby Vision to HDR10 on the ATV 4K was causing flickering with some, not all, iTunes movies and some Netflix shows. I had a Sony 295ES 4K projector and never had the flickering bug issue and I hope not getting it with the 77A9G as the ATV 4K is my primary streaming source. I don't use at all TVs internal apps. In fact, I turn OFF everything CEC or ARC related to avoid HDMI handshake issues. Also make sure Match Dynamic Range and Match Frame Rate are ON in ATV 4K.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #2049 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirekti View Post
So I bought A9G as I primarily watch TV at night in a dark room. One of the reasons I went with OLED is it’️s second name, best” for dark room.
Well, what I found out is that there’️s some nasty and distracting flashing when some scenes change and there are a dozen of near black frames used as transition. Google taught me it is called near black chrominance.

Is this a non fixable issue? I am thinking of returning the TV. Motion is great so it’️s going to be a tough call.

EDIT: So I remembered there’s also Netflix app on Sony TV (I am using Apple TV 4k). Well, no flashing there at all. Is that an Apple TV bug or Sony is doing some trickery with its native Netflix app?
The times ive encountered near black flashing was with Appletv4k, with 1080p material that was upscaled by appletv.
If i set appletv resolution to 1080p and 60hz (without match framerate) it basically went away - but ye the internal apps i have no problem with, i think one reason is they are run at 60hz

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony KD-77AG9 / AppleTV4k
post #2050 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by box4m View Post
Quote:

EDIT: So I remembered there’️s also Netflix app on Sony TV (I am using Apple TV 4k). Well, no flashing there at all. Is that an Apple TV bug or Sony is doing some trickery with its native Netflix app?
The times ive encountered near black flashing was with Appletv4k, with 1080p material that was upscaled by appletv.
If i set appletv resolution to 1080p and 60hz (without match framerate) it basically went away - but ye the internal apps i have no problem with, i think one reason is they are run at 60hz
I have now disabled Match Dynamic Range, and the near black flickering is gone. I kept the Match Frame rate on.
I hope this works out and I don’t need to return the TV 🙂
post #2051 of 2759 Old 09-04-2019, 11:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have now disabled Match Dynamic Range, and the near black flickering is gone. I kept the Match Frame rate on.
Could you please share which movie/show on Netflix and the time where the flickering occurs to check in my system? Also others with ATV 4K can check as well.

post #2052 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 04:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Liked: 452
Quote:
Why would you return the TV when you know the ATV4K is the issue? That doesn't make a lot of sense..............
BillP likes this.

Sony XBR 75X940E - Sony STR-DH790 ATMOS - Sony UBP-X700 UHD BD Player - ATV 4K - 2019 Shield TV Pro
post #2053 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 494
I was not rushing to do the firmware update. But the A9G did it on its own last night. Hopefully there will be no issues since the last thing I want to do is a factory reset on my professionally calibrated display.

Sony A9G, Oppo 205, Parasound JC2, Parasound A21, Sonus Faber Olympica IIIs
post #2054 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I had the flashing with ATV with my 77 a9g and found that keeping match dynamic range and un checking frame rate got rid of the issue.

Sony XBR77A9G
Sony XBR55930e
Denon AVR 6300
post #2055 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlstang95 View Post
I had the flashing with ATV with my 77 a9g and found that keeping match dynamic range and un checking frame rate got rid of the issue.
same thing here - but the flashing only happens with 1080p content with "soso" bitrate

post #2056 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Manderin View Post
I tried using the A9G as a center channel with my Denon x3600h and HTD Level 3 speakers. The results were not good. Even after rerunning Audyssey, the center channel audio just didn't sound right. The other weird thing is that Audyssey threw an error saying the center channel was out of phase, when I know it was wired correctly. It also thought the center channel was almost 25 ft. from my listening area. The room isn't even that big. I tweaked it with manual settings but it didn't make a difference. So I'm sticking with my dedicated center channel speaker. Oh well.

And I agree with you about the clips. They don't work well for anything larger than 18-20 gauge wire.
The phase problem and distance are almost certainly due to the fact the TV has to sample the speaker input and process it to generate the control signals for the transducers. It is not a plain analog speaker cone being moved after all. That slight delay would be picked up by audyssey as the speaker being further away and the sound having to travel that distance to explain the delay. If I calculated it right, 25 ft would be about 1/50th of a second. That does sound a tad slow for sampling and processing an audio signal, I would have expected a bit better than that.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #2057 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Hello Sony OLED owners

My 6 years old Sony XBR-65X900A has been developing permanent horizontal lines since the beginning of 2019, especially noticeable during 3D movie play.

My plan is to replace it with the 77" Sony A9G OLED TV.
Can you share your experience and knowledge of the set?
Do OLED sets have any chance to develop permanent horizontal lines over time also?

Thank you for your feedback.

William
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5459.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	2611356  
post #2058 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
The phase problem and distance are almost certainly due to the fact the TV has to sample the speaker input and process it to generate the control signals for the transducers. It is not a plain analog speaker cone being moved after all. That slight delay would be picked up by audyssey as the speaker being further away and the sound having to travel that distance to explain the delay. If I calculated it right, 25 ft would be about 1/50th of a second. That does sound a tad slow for sampling and processing an audio signal, I would have expected a bit better than that.
I just went back to using my regular center channel speaker, but thanks for the explanation.
post #2059 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1174 Post(s)
Liked: 1096
Quote:
I'm having the phase problem as well and its showing 26 feet away. Should I change it?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
post #2060 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd13 View Post
Quote:
I'm having the phase problem as well and its showing 26 feet away. Should I change it?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
If you can, take a look at the response graphs from REW. My TV was delivered late. I haven't gotten a chance to test the Center Channel feature with REW. I hope to do so today.

- AUDIO: (7.2.4 Atmos) EMOTIVA RMC-1 | McIntosh MC-8207 + CROWN XLS 2502, 1502 | KEF LS50, SVS Prime Elevations, RYTHMIK G25HP + L22
- VIDEO: SONY OLED 65A9G | Panasonic UB820 | 44TB Synology DS1815+ | Dune Solo 4K | XBOX ONE X SCORPIO | PS4 PRO | Apple TV 4K | HTPC/Gaming Rig (Ryzen 3700X, GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI, 16GB, STRIX OC 1080TI, Auzen HDMI XFi)

Last edited by Geronimo.USMC; 09-05-2019 at 01:48 PM.
post #2061 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 12:25 PM

You guys recommend adjusting "peak luminence" or "brightness" to adjust brightness at night for example if you want lower light output

post #2062 of 2759 Old 09-05-2019, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by box4m View Post
You guys recommend adjusting "peak luminence" or "brightness" to adjust brightness at night for example if you want lower light output
I would adjust Brightness. Peak Luminence should stay at "high" for HDR, and likely "medium" for SDR (which is default).

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
post #2063 of 2759 Old 09-07-2019, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 358
I’ve been having some very, very subtle lip syncing issues with Netflix on my A9G. Tried using the TV’s speakers and AVR. Same issue. It was never a concern until I upgraded to their 4K/UHD plan. The results with my TV app and BD player app are the same. I thought maybe it was a Netflix issue, but it’s fine on my iPhone X and Macbook Pro.

I’m wondering if it’s my Internet speed. I currently do get 4K streamed, but the listed speed when I check playback info is about 15mbps. No video issues at this speed.

Maybe it’s time to upgrade my Internet plan or could it be something else?

Disc playing is perfect. No issues whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2064 of 2759 Old 09-07-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post
I’ve been having some very, very subtle lip syncing issues with Netflix on my A9G. Tried using the TV’s speakers and AVR. Same issue. It was never a concern until I upgraded to their 4K/UHD plan. The results with my TV app and BD player app are the same. I thought maybe it was a Netflix issue, but it’s fine on my iPhone X and Macbook Pro.

I’m wondering if it’s my Internet speed. I currently do get 4K streamed, but the listed speed when I check playback info is about 15mbps. No video issues at this speed.

Maybe it’s time to upgrade my Internet plan or could it be something else?

Disc playing is perfect. No issues whatsoever.

It is normal with Netflix 4K/HDR and DV content. I get the same with ATV 4K Netflix app and Sony Z9D. BTW, I have Xfinity Interned with 400Mbps download speed.

post #2065 of 2759 Old 09-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
It is normal with Netflix 4K/HDR and DV content. I get the same with ATV 4K Netflix app and Sony Z9D. BTW, I have Xfinity Interned with 400Mbps download speed.

I’m sorry, what’s normal? Subtle lip sync issues? Or the speed that I’m getting?

post #2066 of 2759 Old 09-07-2019, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post
I’m sorry, what’s normal? Subtle lip sync issues? Or the speed that I’m getting?

Both I believe - I think Netflix only streams at 15 mbps and I have seen occasional lip sync issues as well

Living Room - XBR77A9G / X800M2 / X4500H / Klipsch RP260F - RP-504C - R-112SW - R-41-SA (Atmos) Pioneer Elite SP-EBS73-LR (Surrounds + Atmos)
Bedroom - 65VT30
post #2067 of 2759 Old 09-07-2019, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Liked: 494
I don't have any lip sync issues with the internal Netflix app, using ARC to my Oppo 205 which in turn is connected to my preamp. Also no lip sync when watching live TV, or discs on my Oppo. I have had lip sync issues when watching TV programs from my DVR.

Sony A9G, Oppo 205, Parasound JC2, Parasound A21, Sonus Faber Olympica IIIs
post #2068 of 2759 Old 09-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

The lip sync issues are very very subtle. My girlfriend doesn’t even notice them but I notice that something is off especially when I compare it to watching on another device.

I would just go back to my old 1080P Netflix plan but I would want to know for sure that that’s what the issue is.

post #2069 of 2759 Old 09-07-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

No lip sync issues on my end. I have all the HDMI controls and sync stuff enabled.
post #2070 of 2759 Old 09-07-2019, 11:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
No lip sync issues on my end. I have all the HDMI controls and sync stuff enabled.

I logged into my gf’s account, which is a Standard 1080p plan and it seems to be in sync now. So maybe it just doesn’t like my Yamaha AVR. Which is a 2015 model.

I am more of a disc guy anyway, so 1080p Netflix is fine for its occasional usage. Maybe after a few more firmware upgrades, I’ll experiment with it again down the road. I’ll be upgrading the Yamaha next year anyway due to a lack of DV support.

I’m extremely sensitive to lip-sync and even if it’s off just the slightest, I immediately notice it. She thought it was fine on both. Who knows.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page