2019 Sony A9G Master Series OLED Owner's Thread - Page 80 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2032Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2371 of 4067 Old 10-23-2019, 01:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hulu?

Does anyone know for a fact if the A9G Hulu app supports 5.1?

I have it connected to an Ambeo soundbar and the app will only output 2 channel. In Auto 1 it will be Dolby Digital Plus 2 channel and in Auto 2 it will be PCM 2 channel. I've tried different Hulu originals that their own site says are in 5.1.

Assuming YouTube is only 2 channel as well, all the other apps pass through DTS, Atmos, DTS-HD MA, etc. just fine.
Bearco is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2372 of 4067 Old 10-23-2019, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JewDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 1,315
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Hey guys. Just recently picked up the A9G and have a few questions. I apologize but I've searched the thread and I'm tired and cranky so I'm just gonna ask. Lol

1. I'm not getting 4K HDR 60HZ gaming with my Xbox One X and I've checked all the settings I know to check to make sure it's working. No luck. Suggestions please.

2. How do you enable game mode?

3. I have a Vizio soundbar hooked up via Optical. Is there a way to have the Sony remote control the volume of the soundbar?

Sorry for the more than likely easy questions but it's just been one of those days. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

JewDaddy is offline  
post #2373 of 4067 Old 10-23-2019, 02:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Did Sony do away with the Sports, Animation and the second Cinema mode. I have one Cinema Mode which is just called Cinema. My previous Z9D had a Cinema Home and a Cinema Pro picture mode. Is the one Cinema Picture mode Cinema Home Or Cinema Pro?

Sony A9G
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
mt14942 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2374 of 4067 Old 10-23-2019, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked: 1035
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Did Sony do away with the Sports, Animation and the second Cinema mode. I have one Cinema Mode which is just called Cinema. My previous Z9D had a Cinema Home and a Cinema Pro picture mode. Is the one Cinema Picture mode Cinema Home Or Cinema Pro?
Yes, basically.

Now there's just Cinema and Custom as the most accurate. Sony says that Cinema is more geared for daytime viewing while Custom is most accurate and for dark room viewing. You can essentially consider those as Home and Pro, respectively.

I do sort of think they are the same though and act as containers, and the daytime vs dark is due to the preset settings (but behind the scenes it's identical). When I change every setting to match exactly the same as Custom, they look identical when I switch back and forth and I don't notice anything.

Sony XBR-77A9G / Panasonic DP-UB9000 / Marantz SR7011 / Def Tech 9060 Series
pbz06 is online now  
post #2375 of 4067 Old 10-23-2019, 05:38 PM
Member
 
William Savona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: NYC
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post
Hey guys. Just recently picked up the A9G and have a few questions. I apologize but I've searched the thread and I'm tired and cranky so I'm just gonna ask. Lol

1. I'm not getting 4K HDR 60HZ gaming with my Xbox One X and I've checked all the settings I know to check to make sure it's working. No luck. Suggestions please.
I had the same issue. You need to turn on "Enhanced HDMI" in Settings > Watching TV > External inputs > HDMI signal format

After you get that turned on the Xbox will pickup what it needs for 4K HDR gaming.

Game Mode can be turned on in Picture Settings
William Savona is offline  
post #2376 of 4067 Old 10-23-2019, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JewDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 1,315
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Savona View Post
I had the same issue. You need to turn on "Enhanced HDMI" in Settings > Watching TV > External inputs > HDMI signal format



After you get that turned on the Xbox will pickup what it needs for 4K HDR gaming.



Game Mode can be turned on in Picture Settings
Thank you!!!!!

Any idea about the soundbar?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

JewDaddy is offline  
post #2377 of 4067 Old 10-23-2019, 07:52 PM
Member
 
William Savona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: NYC
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewDaddy View Post
Thank you!!!!!

Any idea about the soundbar?
The only way I know to get the Sony remote to control a Soundbar is using ARC via HDMI connection from TV to Soundbar. If your Soundbar can only be connected with optical then I think you're out of luck because as far as I know the Sony remote cannot be programmed as a universal remote. When using ARC the TV gets the IR command from its remote and then relays the command over the HDMI cable to your audio device.
William Savona is offline  
post #2378 of 4067 Old 10-24-2019, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 25,204
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7014 Post(s)
Liked: 7026
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Savona View Post

Wanted to ask the group if anyone had any recommendation for a calibrator in the NYC area?

Also does the TV keep a clock of how many hours you have on it? My understanding is you should have a certain amount of hours on it before calibration.
Chad B : [email protected]
D-Nice : [email protected]
Gregg Loewen : [email protected]
Kris Deering [email protected]

If all else fails master list :

<<< Click Here >>>

<<< Click Here >>>
.
.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #2379 of 4067 Old 10-24-2019, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Yes, basically.

Now there's just Cinema and Custom as the most accurate. Sony says that Cinema is more geared for daytime viewing while Custom is most accurate and for dark room viewing. You can essentially consider those as Home and Pro, respectively.

I do sort of think they are the same though and act as containers, and the daytime vs dark is due to the preset settings (but behind the scenes it's identical). When I change every setting to match exactly the same as Custom, they look identical when I switch back and forth and I don't notice anything.
Actually don't need all those Picture Mode setting choices anyway as I plan to use Cinema for my day settings and Custom for my night settings and maybe use Standard as an alternate dark room day time setting. For night time settings I am using D-Nice's settings in the Custom picture mode with 50 for color as their is no mention of what he recommends for color. I don't use his 10 Point or his per color adjustment settings as that is probably better left for a professional calibration. I did notice however when I did plug in his RGB gain settings they also showed up in my other picture mode settings. It took me awhile to figure out the new menu navigation system as it was very different from my Z9D. I did do a firmware update as there was one available when I checked for it and I now have pkg 6.2540.0327. Is that in fact the latest firmware update and is it recommended to do a factory reset or a reboot afterwards?

Sony A9G
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
mt14942 is offline  
post #2380 of 4067 Old 10-24-2019, 10:06 AM
AEC
Senior Member
 
AEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Olney, MD
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My 55" Hitachi Director Series of 15 years died a week ago Saturday. I really wanted the 77" inch A9G but I could not justify the additional cost so I bought the 65" and it arrived last Thursday. I think the thing that floored me the most about the picture quality is the Youtube videos in 4k (and 8k). I really notice the difference in picture quality when I go back to watching FIOS in HD from the 4k videos on YouTube and the Ultra 4k discs. I used Dnice's settings (for the most part) as a starting point, but realize he has the 77" model. It is still a bit dark on some discs (Gladiator 4k), and I did not look at the settings with Dolby Vision or HDR to determine what I need to do to brighten up the picture a bit. I will get it calibrated around the holidays.

Marantz AV7704, Rotel RMB 1585, RB1070, System Audio SA1750, AV720, SA705, SA505, OPPO UDP 205, SVSPB4000, Sony XBR A9G
AEC is offline  
post #2381 of 4067 Old 10-24-2019, 12:31 PM
Member
 
William Savona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: NYC
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Chad B : [email protected]
D-Nice : [email protected]
Gregg Loewen : [email protected]
Kris Deering [email protected]

If all else fails master list :

<<< Click Here >>>

<<< Click Here >>>
.
.
Thanks so much for this!
William Savona is offline  
post #2382 of 4067 Old 10-24-2019, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 17,098
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 3955
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Actually don't need all those Picture Mode setting choices anyway as I plan to use Cinema for my day settings and Custom for my night settings and maybe use Standard as an alternate dark room day time setting. For night time settings I am using D-Nice's settings in the Custom picture mode with 50 for color as their is no mention of what he recommends for color. I don't use his 10 Point or his per color adjustment settings as that is probably better left for a professional calibration. I did notice however when I did plug in his RGB gain settings they also showed up in my other picture mode settings. It took me awhile to figure out the new menu navigation system as it was very different from my Z9D. I did do a firmware update as there was one available when I checked for it and I now have pkg 6.2540.0327. Is that in fact the latest firmware update and is it recommended to do a factory reset or a reboot afterwards?
RGB settings should work fine with your A9G. Please keep in mind that my posted settings are based on the alternative white point methodology that Mastering studios use in Hollywood. I’ve tested my settings on 12 random A9G displays of different sizes and build dates with far better PQ results compared to stock settings.
D-Nice is offline  
post #2383 of 4067 Old 10-24-2019, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 17,098
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 3955
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Savona View Post
Thanks so much for this!
I replied to your email.
D-Nice is offline  
post #2384 of 4067 Old 10-24-2019, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,760
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1208 Post(s)
Liked: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Chad B : [email protected]
D-Nice : [email protected]
Gregg Loewen : [email protected]
Kris Deering [email protected]

If all else fails master list :

<<< Click Here >>>

<<< Click Here >>>
.
.


I have used Chad B and D-Nice over the years, both do amazing work.
gadgtfreek likes this.

LG 77 C9 (Also LG 65 C7 and Sony XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
kluken is offline  
post #2385 of 4067 Old 10-24-2019, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
BillP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 14,827
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
is it recommended to do a factory reset or a reboot afterwards?
A factory reset is not necessary if you are not having any issues after the update. Since my display has been professionally calibrated, the last thing I want to do is a factory reset, which would delete all the calibration settings. A reboot is also not necessary, but won't do any harm (your settings are maintained). I have had to do 2 reboots to fix issues (to get Chromecast to work right when I first got the display, and later to get Netflix to work after the firmware update).

Sony A9G, Oppo 205, Parasound JC2, Parasound A21, Sonus Faber Olympica IIIs
BillP is online now  
post #2386 of 4067 Old 10-24-2019, 07:47 PM
Member
 
Sioomagates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Total noob question. I know the comp cycle will trigger after four hours of use. Question is, do I need to place my A9G into standby mode to trigger the comp cycle? If so, how do do the stand-by mode? Currently, I’m under one hundred hours (from my own estimation) on my panel. I’m also turning the A9G off via the remote, so I’m not sure if that allows the company cycle to run.

Sony XBR65A9G | Samsung Q60 65” | ATV4K
Sioomagates is offline  
post #2387 of 4067 Old 10-24-2019, 10:23 PM
Member
 
box4m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Actually don't need all those Picture Mode setting choices anyway as I plan to use Cinema for my day settings and Custom for my night settings and maybe use Standard as an alternate dark room day time setting. For night time settings I am using D-Nice's settings in the Custom picture mode with 50 for color as their is no mention of what he recommends for color. I don't use his 10 Point or his per color adjustment settings as that is probably better left for a professional calibration. I did notice however when I did plug in his RGB gain settings they also showed up in my other picture mode settings. It took me awhile to figure out the new menu navigation system as it was very different from my Z9D. I did do a firmware update as there was one available when I checked for it and I now have pkg 6.2540.0327. Is that in fact the latest firmware update and is it recommended to do a factory reset or a reboot afterwards?

Do you mind linking me those DNice settings?

Sony KD-77AG9 / AppleTV4k / Nvidia Shield 2019
box4m is offline  
post #2388 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
BillP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 14,827
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by box4m View Post
Do you mind linking me those DNice settings?
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post58463338
mt14942 and Sioomagates like this.

Sony A9G, Oppo 205, Parasound JC2, Parasound A21, Sonus Faber Olympica IIIs
BillP is online now  
post #2389 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
RGB settings should work fine with your A9G. Please keep in mind that my posted settings are based on the alternative white point methodology that Mastering studios use in Hollywood. I’ve tested my settings on 12 random A9G displays of different sizes and build dates with far better PQ results compared to stock settings.
Long time no see, I remember you from the Pioneer Kuro Elite 151FD forum, the last plasma they made, and you were a wealth of knowledge back than. I can't believe its still playing fine after 10 years. So now I am purchasing my first Oled and there you are. Thanks for your settings I assume Color is set to the default 50, as I didn't see it in your settings, but maybe because you are using the advance color option than the Color option value is no longer relevant. I did actually plug in your RGB settings by the way and the only setting I wrestled with was the Peak Luminescence setting I use medium for day time and low for night time.

Sony A9G
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp

Last edited by mt14942; 10-25-2019 at 07:50 AM.
mt14942 is offline  
post #2390 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked: 1035
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
RGB settings should work fine with your A9G. Please keep in mind that my posted settings are based on the alternative white point methodology that Mastering studios use in Hollywood. I’ve tested my settings on 12 random A9G displays of different sizes and build dates with far better PQ results compared to stock settings.
Sweet, I'll try them out until I get calibrated soon.

I'm assuming plug those in for SDR the only changes for HDR are Luminance High, Gamma 0, Brightness Max?
pbz06 is online now  
post #2391 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by box4m View Post
Do you mind linking me those DNice settings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
A factory reset is not necessary if you are not having any issues after the update. Since my display has been professionally calibrated, the last thing I want to do is a factory reset, which would delete all the calibration settings. A reboot is also not necessary, but won't do any harm (your settings are maintained). I have had to do 2 reboots to fix issues (to get Chromecast to work right when I first got the display, and later to get Netflix to work after the firmware update).
Thanks Bill. I haven't had to do a factory reboot, but did do a reboot via the remote in the three days that I have had this TV. I made the mistake this morning and looked at a YouTube video with the 5% dark screen and It wasn't pretty as far as uniformity. It had a lot of blotches and shading variations especially the top corners and even the bottom but no vertical banding that I could make out. this same video on my Z9D LED TV looked 100% better. I have although enjoyed watching the TV with real content viewing, as my eyes adjust to the darker picture coming from the Z9D light cannon. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about the screen uniformity, but I am sure I am going pay attention to the screen in the areas that I saw the most unevenness.

Sony A9G
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
mt14942 is offline  
post #2392 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 5,754
Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4726 Post(s)
Liked: 5714
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Thanks Bill. I haven't had to do a factory reboot, but did do a reboot via the remote in the three days that I have had this TV. I made the mistake this morning and looked at a YouTube video with the 5% dark screen and It wasn't pretty as far as uniformity. It had a lot of blotches and shading variations especially the top corners and even the bottom but no vertical banding that I could make out. this same video on my Z9D LED TV looked 100% better. I have although enjoyed watching the TV with real content viewing, as my eyes adjust to the darker picture coming from the Z9D light cannon. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about the screen uniformity, but I am sure I am going pay attention to the screen in the areas that I saw the most unevenness.
Just to add to this, with the Sony, you should never have to do a factory reset since holding down the power button on the remote for 10 seconds will reset and clear the cache on the TV without changing your settings. The factory reset will not do anything more except reset all your settings. The only time a factory reset may be needed is if the configuration/settings were so messed up that you wanted to reset everything and start over.
BillP likes this.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, LS Pro, ISF Level III Certified
jrref is online now  
post #2393 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 17,098
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 3955
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Long time no see, I remember you from the Pioneer Kuro Elite 151FD forum, the last plasma they made, and you were a wealth of knowledge back than. I can't believe its still playing fine after 10 years. So now I am purchasing my first Oled and there you are. Thanks for your settings I assume Color is set to the default 50, as I didn't see it in your settings, but maybe because you are using the advance color option than the Color option value is no longer relevant. I did actually plug in your RGB settings by the way and the only setting I wrestled with was the Peak Luminescence setting I use medium for day time and low for night time.
You’re welcome Yes color should be left at the default of 50.
D-Nice is offline  
post #2394 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
D-Nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 17,098
Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 3955
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06 View Post
Sweet, I'll try them out until I get calibrated soon.

I'm assuming plug those in for SDR the only changes for HDR are Luminance High, Gamma 0, Brightness Max?
Yes and that should automatically happen with those specific settings when the TV receives a HDR10 signal.
pbz06 likes this.
D-Nice is offline  
post #2395 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mt14942's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida
Posts: 2,342
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post
You’re welcome Yes color should be left at the default of 50.
Thanks D-Nice until and if I get it calibrated these settings seem to work well. I'm still worried about the screen uniformity looking not to good as compared to my Z9D which was pretty near perfect but maybe it will improve over time or that's something inherent with Oled screens.

Sony A9G
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
mt14942 is offline  
post #2396 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 34,451
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4179 Post(s)
Liked: 3895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Just to add to this, with the Sony, you should never have to do a factory reset since holding down the power button on the remote for 10 seconds will reset and clear the cache on the TV without changing your settings. The factory reset will not do anything more except reset all your settings. The only time a factory reset may be needed is if the configuration/settings were so messed up that you wanted to reset everything and start over.
Tha's interesting about the power button reset. What sort of data would be in the cache? I presume it's data generated by the onboard apps or is it actually data used to operate the display(create the image) itself? And is the button trick available on the A9F as well?

Thanks
Keenan is online now  
post #2397 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 07:39 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello guys. Can someone share picture settings for sport on this tv ? I use this tv to watch alot of NBA basketball. Please and thanks
Paul Tsang is offline  
post #2398 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 07:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
BillP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 14,827
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Tsang View Post
Hello guys. Can someone share picture settings for sport on this tv ? I use this tv to watch alot of NBA basketball. Please and thanks
I don't use settings for sports that are any different than for TV broadcasts or movies. See my post above from this morning for the link to D-Nice's recommended settings.

Sony A9G, Oppo 205, Parasound JC2, Parasound A21, Sonus Faber Olympica IIIs
BillP is online now  
post #2399 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 10:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pbz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked: 1035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Tsang View Post
Hello guys. Can someone share picture settings for sport on this tv ? I use this tv to watch alot of NBA basketball. Please and thanks
I mostly watch NBA, NHL, and MLB...I like to use a little more aggressive settings to compensate for crappy signal and flat picture from broadcast. I like a little more saturation pop when watching sports, especially since it's in daytime etc.

Standard mode
Brightness Max
Contrast 90
Gamma 0
Black 50
Black adjust High
ACE off
Peak luminance High

Color 60
Expert1
Live Color Low

Sharpness 60
RC manual/65
Random Noise High
Digital Noise High
Smooth Gradation High

Custom
Smoothness 2
Clearness High
Cinemotiom Auto
pbz06 is online now  
post #2400 of 4067 Old 10-25-2019, 11:30 PM
Advanced Member
 
alettiere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 750
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Liked: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
Thanks D-Nice until and if I get it calibrated these settings seem to work well. I'm still worried about the screen uniformity looking not to good as compared to my Z9D which was pretty near perfect but maybe it will improve over time or that's something inherent with Oled screens.

My 5% doesn’t look good either. I don’t think anyone’s really looks that great aside from a few lucky individuals.

Some say it improves over time but I’ve yet to buy into that belief.

I only checked 5% when I first bought the TV and that’s it. No need to go back. Most of my content looks perfectly clean. Not all, but most.

I went through a handful of sets over the years and none of them were as perfect as I wanted them to be. It’s just one of the limitations of the technology. At least for right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alettiere is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off