Originally Posted by Zohan
Iâ€™️m going to pay for c9 about 2500 euro, this is why I wanna realize its full potential, to get the maximum profit out of this TV.
1. As a home user - making a profit out of a TV does not make sense - the TV is just an expense, just like a car.
2. Do not make a purchase based on future use cases (regarding the PS5 or anything in general) - things can be very different when the new consoles will appear on the market. Right now, the PS5 specs are very hazy.
3. The C9 eARC works well with compressed audio formats (lossy or lossless) but less so with uncompressed audio (LPCM). Maybe it will be added in the future. But maybe not (see point 2).
4. Sony's consoles do not support standard immersive audio - like Dolby Atmos or DTS:X - and is not a sure thing that the PS5 will do that - instead, there are signs that the PS5 will support another
immersive audio format (360 Reality Audio???) that the C9 probably will not
support (see point 2).
5. The C9 is perfect for movies and games, but it is more suited to be used along an Xbox (ALLM, Atmos, Vision, VRR) or a PC (GSYNC, Atmos) than a Sony PS.
6. Nobody is in a hurry to implement HDMI 2.1 on graphic cards, receivers, soundbars, monitors and TV's in general. Based on the actual pace, there are chances that 2021 to be "The HDMI 2.1 year"
, not 2020... What we see now is just a slow start because making hardware is hard.