Where to find original TV boxes? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-16-2019, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Where to find original TV boxes?

Hello - I hope this isn't breaking any forum rules, but I am looking for an original TV box for the largest possible screen size available (77" and up). My friend is having a wedding next weekend, and since I'm coming in from out of town, he said to not get him anything. I joked about getting him a larger TV, since he currently has an OLED that is "only" 65", and I thought it would be funny to get him an absurdly large box for something like a 77" OLED, or 85" LCD. I would of course add a huge card that said something like:

"to the bride and groom" (in very small writing)
"FROM THOMASEC - ENJOY THE TV!" (written extremely large)

If anyone knows of places that sell or give away these boxes, it would be appreciated. The wedding is in the Denver area, so ideally somewhere local (best buy?) so we don't have to ship it.

Sony XBR-65A1E | Onkyo A-9150 | B&W 686 S2 | Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2019, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Sounds like you'd have to coordinate with someone already in town and have him go in person to see if any of the local BBY magnolia delivery/installation squads have a scheduled delivery soon and hope the recipient doesn't want the box (which would be unwise in case he wants to return it). They might have a box for a display model you could borrow if you promised to return it in good condition, or maybe they toss them and have all kinds waiting to be broken down for recycling in the back. Don't be too picky about the model and you might find something if you chat in person when they aren't busy. Too weird to do over the phone.

If you don't necessarily need a new/recent model TV box, maybe offer $20 and pick up for "any box for TV 75 inches or more" in the Dallas Craigslist and see if you get lucky with someone cleaning garage or basement.

Either way will be tough on your short timeframe.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-18-2019, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 5361 Post(s)
Liked: 3770
Most of the time, BB hauls away the boxes, so you should be able to find one from them in Denver.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page