LG OLED 65B8PUA vs. LG OLED65C7P - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-17-2019, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 195
LG OLED 65B8PUA vs. LG OLED65C7P

I will soon be upgrading my home theater room in a new home.

I have been using the OLED65C7P since purchasing it for my home theater. I will be using a flat VESA mount and mounting a floating shelf for my center channel speaker above or below the TV.

So I wondered if I should use the 65C7P as it is more calibrated and fine tuned to my other sources (but an older LG OLED set), versus the 65B8PUA which I purchased in January 2019.

Is it worthwhile for me to replace me set for the theater setup with the newer 65" OLED I have on hand (using it in living room right now).

Thanks for your suggestions - doing pre-wiring tomorrow for 4 surround front and back speakers, and for four RSLC34E Atmos speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2019, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxchaser View Post
I will soon be upgrading my home theater room in a new home.

I have been using the OLED65C7P since purchasing it for my home theater. I will be using a flat VESA mount and mounting a floating shelf for my center channel speaker above or below the TV.

So I wondered if I should use the 65C7P as it is more calibrated and fine tuned to my other sources (but an older LG OLED set), versus the 65B8PUA which I purchased in January 2019.

Is it worthwhile for me to replace me set for the theater setup with the newer 65" OLED I have on hand (using it in living room right now).

Thanks for your suggestions - doing pre-wiring tomorrow for 4 surround front and back speakers, and for four RSLC34E Atmos speakers.
This isn't particularly helpful, but I don't think you can go wrong either way. They are both really good sets. I've got the 65C7 and the 65C8 (very similar to your B8) and am perfectly happy with both. Perhaps the deciding factor is whether you intend to use ARC. ARC on my C7 is buggy at times. I don't use ARC on my C8 so I can't comment. If ARC is important to you, check out the respective forums to see if you can determine whether ARC is more reliable on the 8 series than the 7 series.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-18-2019, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad43 View Post
This isn't particularly helpful, but I don't think you can go wrong either way. They are both really good sets. I've got the 65C7 and the 65C8 (very similar to your B8) and am perfectly happy with both. Perhaps the deciding factor is whether you intend to use ARC. ARC on my C7 is buggy at times. I don't use ARC on my C8 so I can't comment. If ARC is important to you, check out the respective forums to see if you can determine whether ARC is more reliable on the 8 series than the 7 series.
Thanks chad - must say my C7P has been solid but ARC/CEC were buggy, so quit using them in my setup. The B8PUA has never been used as my main display but has been non problematic to this point.

Excited because after 8 hours earlier today - new home theater room is completely pre-wired (installed RSLC34E - 4 Atmos speakers and awaiting 4 custom built surround and surround back speakers). Just have to re-attach baseboards and wait for a few other upgrade parts (AVR, new sub, etc) to arrive by the middle of next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page