"OFFICIAL" 2019 LG C9 Consolidated Info, FAQ, Troubleshooting, Firmware & more - Page 18 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 547Likes

post #511 of 830 Old 05-27-2020, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
[QUOTE=HiFi4Vision;59711412]One might say: sh*t happens
Afaik you shouldn't really have lost anything else. Just to make sure you could check if the "Adjust White Balance" (sub entry of "1. Adjust Check") entry still shows "OK(0)".
If it doesn't then you've unfortunately lost the factory 2pt WB calibration values as well.

Well, I think at least you've learned from your mistake and won't be pressing that button again.

It's "OK (0)"here.
by96 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 12:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by by96 View Post
I too am in the club of those who tried to exit the service menu by selecting "in-stop."
It sure would seem to make sense that if you use "In-Start" to enter the service menu, that you would use "In-Stop" to exit out of it. I'm glad I somehow avoided that. Nothing that I read about accessing the service menu, or turning off the TPC setting, gave any indication of how to properly exit the service menu.

That kind of thing is why I don't think I'd ever want to try to calibrate by service mode settings. My old Sony was a little more forgiving in this regard. You had to take multiple steps to save any changes made in the service menu. If they weren't saved you could recover to the previous settings by simply unplugging the TV.
by96 likes this.
post #513 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 02:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
Is there any known problems with C9 eARC sound Lip Sync? I have connected my C9 to my Yamaha RX-A1080. Basically I have just HDMI cable from TV's HDMI 2 (eARC) to my AVR HDMI 1 out, and then in both of them I have enabled eARC support. Problem is that sound is lagging (about 150ms delay) from TV build in tuner or Apps like Netflix, YouTube and similar. Also by using Optical output there is the same lag.

All my other players go first to my AVR and then just picture to TV with that mentioned cable between the TV and AVR and there is absolutely no Lip Sync problem with those players. Both TV and AVR both have the latest official firmware installed.

I have tried to go through different settings trying to resolve that lag, but nothing seems to help.
Any ideas?
i find myself switching from passthrough to auto setting on the TV's HDMI arc setting. when watching a 4k blu ray that is plugged in directly to the TV's input I use passthrough. anything plugged in directly to my soundbar i use auto. for all TV apps I also use auto. not sure if this would help your situation but it works for me, no lag.

LG OLED77C9 / LG OLED65C9 / LG UP970 / Oppo UDP-203 / Sony HT-Z9F+SA-Z9R / Apple TV 4K / Fire TV Stick 4K / TCL 55P605
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #514 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by akadennis View Post
for all TV apps I also use auto. not sure if this would help your situation but it works for me, no lag.
Is there a sound lag with TV apps in case you use Passthrough instead of Auto?
post #515 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Does pressing In-Stop not give a prompt first to confirm you want to do the reset? I've never pushed it, but I find it a bit crazy that In-Stop is automatically available as a TOUCHSCREEN button when you add the TV to a Harmony Remote (the ones that have a touchscreen anyway).

LG C9
Denon X3400H | 5.1.2 | Emotiva B1 LR, C1, E1 Surrounds, A1 Atmos
Panasonic UB820
post #516 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 6208 Post(s)
Liked: 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
Does pressing In-Stop not give a prompt first to confirm you want to do the reset?
LOL, no. It's an LG engineer function, not a consumer function.

Quote:
I've never pushed it, but I find it a bit crazy that In-Stop is automatically available as a TOUCHSCREEN button when you add the TV to a Harmony Remote (the ones that have a touchscreen anyway).
It's not crazy at all, you are not understanding . A Service Remote is only supposed to be available to qualified and fully-trained LG engineers. Just because someone's stolen the IR codes for all these features, and added them to a Harmony file, doesn't change any of that. It's the same as when I buy "LG service remote" from Amazon. I am 100% responsible for anything I do with it. I'm not supposed to have it in the first place.

If it helps, imagine that it's a knife that doesn't have a warning saying "do not press against skin". . The problem isn't the lack of a warning. It's someone playing with knives after already being told they were dangerous, and having access to knives.

I'm sure it should be possible to remove that button from the Harmony menus - which I recommend anyone would do if they have that system.
dfa973, HiFi4Vision and LiLAsN like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #517 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yes, there is a slight lag with passthrough, switching it to auto corrects it for me. In my case I was watching the beginning of Dolemite is my name with Eddie Murphy and noticed the lag when he was talking to Snoop. So yes, when using the internal apps I use auto.
Big Lebowski likes this.

LG OLED77C9 / LG OLED65C9 / LG UP970 / Oppo UDP-203 / Sony HT-Z9F+SA-Z9R / Apple TV 4K / Fire TV Stick 4K / TCL 55P605
post #518 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yes, there is a slight lag with passthrough, switching it to auto corrects it for me. In my case I was watching the beginning of Dolemite is my name with Eddie Murphy and noticed the lag when he was talking to Snoop. So yes, when using the internal apps I use auto.
OK, thanks for comment. That definitely sounds the same as I'm experiencing with mine.
If you try TV YouTube app and check there one of those Lip Sync test videos, do you get get lag free output from eARC? I only get lag free with TV's internal speaker only and both eARC and Optical have noticeable lag despite of eARC setting (which does nothing there because Youtube is PCM). I verified that with several different Lip Sync test videos there with the same results. I just used search function for "Lip Sync test video" and tried first few it listed there.
post #519 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
OK, thanks for comment. That definitely sounds the same as I'm experiencing with mine.
If you try TV YouTube app and check there one of those Lip Sync test videos, do you get get lag free output from eARC? I only get lag free with TV's internal speaker only and both eARC and Optical have noticeable lag despite of eARC setting (which does nothing there because Youtube is PCM). I verified that with several different Lip Sync test videos there with the same results. I just used search function for "Lip Sync test video" and tried first few it listed there.
not sure how those video's work. i was expecting a talking scene or something LOL and don't understand how to test.

post #520 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
not sure how those video's work. i was expecting a talking scene or something LOL and don't understand how to test.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Some of the videos are so that it takes a while to grasp what to look. I simply skipped the ones I did not right away get how to use and finally there were some like the one where was bounching ball in the middle, so the sound should be heard when it hits the "ground". Mine with eARC or Optical output sound when the ball is already bounced off the ground noticeably but with TV speaker only, it is correct.

Most of the test videos have also some bar moving over ms range, where you can estimately see how many ms the sound is lagging. It looked to me that it was about 150ms or so lagging.

Last edited by Big Lebowski; 05-28-2020 at 10:22 AM.
post #521 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1237 Post(s)
Liked: 1499
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
LOL, no. It's an LG engineer function, not a consumer function.
Yes, but when I was making diagnostic screens I still put an "Are you sure?" on all destructive functions. Even though it was for our field service people sometimes they had a bad day and fat fingered things.

How hard would it be to label the button as something other than In-Stop? I personally would have chosen F-Reset. Some Korean to English translator is probably at fault.
KC-Technerd and by96 like this.
post #522 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Quote:
Just because someone's stolen the IR codes for all these features, and added them to a Harmony file, doesn't change any of that.
I highly doubt Logitech is stealing the IR codes.
As far as I know they get them directly from the manufacturer (in this case LG).
post #523 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Quoted: 6208 Post(s)
Liked: 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by avernar View Post
Yes, but when I was making diagnostic screens I still put an "Are you sure?" on all destructive functions. Even though it was for our field service people sometimes they had a bad day and fat fingered things.

How hard would it be to label the button as something other than In-Stop? I personally would have chosen F-Reset. Some Korean to English translator is probably at fault.
Quite possibly. I'm sure I would do the same too. Without wanting to alarm you, there are some other very highly destructive buttons on the remote too, and they don't have confirmations or warnings either!

The best advice I saw here on AVS was to only press the exact buttons you need to, and take the batteries out of the service remote when not using it. If you use an app or something else instead, that's ADDING risk compared with using the real physical service remote because it's got a different layout.
KC-Technerd, by96 and dfa973 like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #524 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
I highly doubt Logitech is stealing the IR codes.
As far as I know they get them directly from the manufacturer (in this case LG).
Yeah, the database IR codes for Harmony are pulled from a Logitech controlled database (I don't know if you can "sideload" IR code files on Harmony Elites and the like, I certainly don't know how to do it). Even if someone requested the code get added to the database it's still up to Logitech to put it there, because, like I said, In-Start and In-Stop are included in the default LG C9 commands when you load them using the Harmony software/databse.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad In-Start is there because it made disabling ASBL very easy, but In-Stop is disaster waiting to happen for a novice. Maybe there's a way to remove it from the remote once it's there (other than removing the TV profile), I should check, because I'd rather not have it hanging out there where I could accidentally push it.
post #525 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teiresias View Post
Maybe there's a way to remove it from the remote once it's there (other than removing the TV profile), I should check, because I'd rather not have it hanging out there where I could accidentally push it.
Yes. You can remove In-stop from your Harmony.
I always remove commands from my Harmony if I do not know what
they will do. If it turns out I need it is still possible to add the command back.
by96, mrtickleuk and dfa973 like this.
post #526 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked: 261
This may be a very bizarre question but I figured I would ask and see if anyone had any experience with my current issue.

So I have noticed since mounting my C9, using LG's official OLED mount (it is the one with 2 brackets that you mount on the wall, then it has a tilting mount on it), that the left side of the TV is lower then the right side. It definitely looks crooked on the wall. The left side is slightly above where the right side is. I made sure when re-mounting it again that the 2 brackets that mount to the wall are completely level (verified with a level), then I made sure when I installed the LG mount and screwed that in, that was also level as well. Just seeing if anyone else has experience with this. It really bothers me and the only thing I can think of is that the mount itself is crooked from LG or something of that nature. Perhaps I could re-mount the TV again and purposely make it crooked to correct for it now? I just don't want to make it worse and it is definitely an eye sore on my wall. Please let me know your thoughts. I can tell it is crooked because my Center Channel speaker is center on my entertainment center and I can see more wall on one side of the TV than the other.

Thanks and sorry if this is a weird question. I really hope someone can help me out.
post #527 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 12:55 PM

Liked: 29
Quote:
I was having issues with mine and the Sono's Beam but now that I switched to a surround receiver I haven't experienced anything.
post #528 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1237 Post(s)
Liked: 1499
Quote:
Without wanting to alarm you, there are some other very highly destructive buttons on the remote too, and they don't have confirmations or warnings either!
Do these buttons function inside or outside the service mode?
post #529 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStorm View Post
This may be a very bizarre question but I figured I would ask and see if anyone had any experience with my current issue.

So I have noticed since mounting my C9, using LG's official OLED mount (it is the one with 2 brackets that you mount on the wall, then it has a tilting mount on it), that the left side of the TV is lower then the right side. It definitely looks crooked on the wall. The left side is slightly above where the right side is. I made sure when re-mounting it again that the 2 brackets that mount to the wall are completely level (verified with a level), then I made sure when I installed the LG mount and screwed that in, that was also level as well. Just seeing if anyone else has experience with this. It really bothers me and the only thing I can think of is that the mount itself is crooked from LG or something of that nature. Perhaps I could re-mount the TV again and purposely make it crooked to correct for it now? I just don't want to make it worse and it is definitely an eye sore on my wall. Please let me know your thoughts. I can tell it is crooked because my Center Channel speaker is center on my entertainment center and I can see more wall on one side of the TV than the other.

Thanks and sorry if this is a weird question. I really hope someone can help me out.
I had the same problem but with a different mount. I ended up just putting it on my shelf to save my sanity.
post #530 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 04:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechNerd666 View Post
I had the same problem but with a different mount. I ended up just putting it on my shelf to save my sanity.
I was afraid someone would say this. I have to have it mounted on the wall due to my big center channel being on the top shelf of my media center.

Anyone else know a fix for this wall mounting issue?

Thanks
post #531 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC-Technerd View Post
It sure would seem to make sense that if you use "In-Start" to enter the service menu, that you would use "In-Stop" to exit out of it. I'm glad I somehow avoided that. Nothing that I read about accessing the service menu, or turning off the TPC setting, gave any indication of how to properly exit the service menu.

That kind of thing is why I don't think I'd ever want to try to calibrate by service mode settings. My old Sony was a little more forgiving in this regard. You had to take multiple steps to save any changes made in the service menu. If they weren't saved you could recover to the previous settings by simply unplugging the TV.
Thank you for making me feel better!!! I honestly only came about the In-Start menu when I was messing around with my Harmony remote app. And yes, I agree, there is no intuitive way to exit the In-Start menu once in. Even Windows Bios has Exit clearly indicated. I finally figured out that when in the In-Start menu, I can press Service Menu on the Harmony app, and then press Service Menu again, and it closes out all the "special" menus. I am also guessing that turning the TV off would get you out of the menus, but haven't, and won't, try it. No more In-Start menu for me, though I did check it out and didn't lose anything significant in my exploration.

LG 65" C9 OLED TV, Marantz SR6103 AVR, Emotiva XPS-5 G2 Amp, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB8200 Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player, Playstation 4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, RSL CG5, CG25, & Speedwoofer 10 speaker system + four RSL CG34E height speakers, & Harmony 650 & Hub
post #532 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Yes. You can remove In-stop from your Harmony.
I always remove commands from my Harmony if I do not know what
they will do. If it turns out I need it is still possible to add the command back.
I really hope I am wrong, but with the Harmony app for the Harmony Hub, you can add and delete buttons for your Activities, but there is no way to add or delete buttons for the Devices. I spent hours trying to figure this out, as I wanted to customize my devices. After some internet research, I learned it was not possible. The In-Start and In-Stop buttons are on the last page of the LG TV device. If I am wrong, and someone knows how to add and delete buttons from the Devices, PLEASE let me know. Thank you!

LG 65" C9 OLED TV, Marantz SR6103 AVR, Emotiva XPS-5 G2 Amp, Apple TV 4K, Panasonic DP-UB8200 Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player, Playstation 4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, RSL CG5, CG25, & Speedwoofer 10 speaker system + four RSL CG34E height speakers, & Harmony 650 & Hub

Last edited by by96; 05-28-2020 at 07:12 PM.
post #533 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStorm View Post

I have the official LG wall mount aswell (the one for the 77"). Have you tried to level the tv after it is wall mounted?

Ps: I have the installation manual PDF. You can pm me if you want it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	2733992  
post #534 of 830 Old 05-28-2020, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majori3333 View Post
I have the official LG wall mount aswell (the one for the 77"). Have you tried to level the tv after it is wall mounted?

Ps: I have the installation manual PDF. You can pm me if you want it.
Hey thanks for the reply. The mount we have has 2 sets of holes and those outer screws are designated for a different tv that mounts on the bigger set of holes. We actually figured this issue out. LGs mount on ours was slightly crooked from the factory so we just compensated by screwing that to brackets not level. Thanks so much though!
majori3333 likes this.
post #535 of 830 Old 05-29-2020, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by by96 View Post
I really hope I am wrong, but with the Harmony app for the Harmony Hub, you can add and delete buttons for your Activities, but there is no way to add or delete buttons for the Devices. I spent hours trying to figure this out, as I wanted to customize my devices. After some internet research, I learned it was not possible. The In-Start and In-Stop buttons are on the last page of the LG TV device. If I am wrong, and someone knows how to add and delete buttons from the Devices, PLEASE let me know. Thank you!
I always use the Windows app to configure my Harmony. In that
app I am able to delete buttons (display and physican buttons) for activities and devices.

Unfortunately I am not able to change the language of the interface from
german to english. But it should be clear what I am doing ^__^
First I am adding the In-Stop Button back to the display. Then I am removing it again.
Also do not forget to synchronize the changes with the remote.

mrtickleuk likes this.
post #536 of 830 Old 05-29-2020, 04:59 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Quote:
for all TV apps I also use auto. not sure if this would help your situation but it works for me, no lag.
I am also having lipsync issues with lg sl8yg soundbar. Passthrough doesn't seem to pass it through, tv takes some time to send it to soundbar even if bypass is selected. I also have very minor audio delay with internal speakers. Around 100 ms. I only use internal apps no additional box etc. I believe av sync is not working properly in webos because many people reporting the same issue.
post #537 of 830 Old 05-29-2020, 05:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devoker666 View Post
I am also having lipsync issues with lg sl8yg soundbar. Passthrough doesn't seem to pass it through, tv takes some time to send it to soundbar even if bypass is selected. I also have very minor audio delay with internal speakers. Around 100 ms. I only use internal apps no additional box etc. I believe av sync is not working properly in webos because many people reporting the same issue.
what internal app and what are you watching where you are getting audio delay with internal speakers? i have not experienced this at all.

post #538 of 830 Old 05-29-2020, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by devoker666 View Post
Can you check if Automatic instead of Passthrough fixes that?
With my C9 + Yamaha RX-A1080 that definitely makes difference in Netflix and similar but with TV tuner and Youtube app it does not make any difference.
However using just TV's internal speaker there is no noticeable delay even with Youtube Lip Sync test videos.
post #539 of 830 Old 05-29-2020, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 445
For those who are interested here are some changes of the upcoming firmware v04.80.03 extracted from the firmware itself.
Should be boring for most people. Please don't ask me what the changes mean, either it's obvious or I can't answer that myself.
Spoiler!

Service menu changes:
Spoiler!

Edit: Changes to the service menu added.

TV: LG OLED C9 Firmware v04.71.25 | Probe: X-Rite i1Display Pro OEM Rev. B-02 (04/2019) | EDR: FSI_XM55U_23Jan19.edr | SW: CalMAN Home for LG R3 GM v05.10.2.67 | PG: LG iTPG

Last edited by HiFi4Vision; 05-30-2020 at 11:26 AM.
post #540 of 830 Old 05-29-2020, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:

what internal app and what are you watching where you are getting audio delay with internal speakers? i have not experienced this at all.
Netflix, plex, internal player, YouTube have all audio delay. Most apps jave very low almost unnoticable delay but I am quite sensitive I guess.
I downloaded lipsync test and played it on internal player. Used mobile phone slowmotion video capture apps seems to have around 120 150 ms delay. YouTube is the worst some videos have around like 300 ms delay. Netflix is watchable ı assume probably like 100 ms. When I use the soundbar it also adds like 40 50 ms extra delay. Btw I set lipsync to -10 in the service menu. It was worse before that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
faq , firmware , info , oledc9 , troubleshooting

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page