"OFFICIAL" 2019 LG C9 Consolidated Info, FAQ, Troubleshooting, Firmware & more - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40Likes

post #31 of 51 Old 07-12-2019, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfa973 View Post
Yes, it seems that at least the 2018 Yamaha receivers do require HDMI Control/CEC=ON on the receiver for eARC to work. Probably the 2019 Yamaha receivers behave the same way.

On 2018/2019 Denon/Marantz receivers you can turn off both CEC and ARC and eARC still function.

Darn... when I saw your post I had a glimmer of hope... but... I guess even if I upgrade eARC will still not be used by me. Thanks for the quick reply.

LG OLED65C9, Yamaha RX-A3080, Paradigm Reference Studio 80 Mains, Atmos 5.1.4 config, Panasonic UB820, PS4 Pro, Apple TV 4K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 Old 07-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Do we think that LG will address these in a firmware update? Some of these effect some folks here, especially the bottom one with audio delay from any source -> C9 -> AVR (either ARC, eARC or Optical). Just curious as to why this issue is on the C9 when they have had ARC and Optical out for many prior models.

Feature affected: Internal apps audio
Description: Netflix or other apps do not pass-through HD audio via eARC, but lossy formats such as DD+Atmos work;
Mitigation: must use an external HDMI source for HD Audio;
Incidence: general and permanent until further notice;
LG support ticket: -
Notes: This is also a known problem with the eARC Sony TVs; as of 2019, no known streaming services are sending HD audio, just compressed audio via DD or DD+ soundtracks; this problem may exacerbate when streaming services will upgrade to HD audio;

Feature affected: USB Media Player
Description: WebOS media player does not pass-through HD audio via eARC, but lossy formats such as DD+Atmos work;
Notes: LG has not updated WebOS or the internal media player app to support HD audio soundtracks such as TrueHD, TrueHD+Atmos, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD MA or DTS:X, even if their TV supports HD audio via eARC link; might be a licensing (not technical) restriction;

Feature affected: DLNA audio
Description: DLNA is unable to pass-through HD audio via eARC;
Notes: LG has not updated the integrated DLNA service to support HD audio soundtracks such as TrueHD, TrueHD+Atmos, DTS-HD HR, DTS-HD MA or DTS:X, even if their TV supports HD audio via eARC link; might be a licensing (not technical) restriction;

Feature affected: Audio
Description: considerable audio delay when Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus soundtracks are played by an HDMI source connected to the C9 and the audio is pass-through to an AVR/soundbar via ARC or Optical Out (SPDIF/TosLink). If source sends PCM or DTS soundtracks = no delay. If source is connected directly to the AVR/soundbar = no delay. Audio originating from internal apps (ex. Netflix) = no delay.;
Mitigation: If you set the C9 'Sound Out' to PCM rather than Pass-through, the delay is greatly improved (but not zero).;
LG support ticket: https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussio...-dolby-sources
Notes: ?audio transcoding bug?; known affected firmware: 03.60.04 (may NOT be restricted to that version!);
post #33 of 51 Old 07-12-2019, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoZ View Post
Do we think that LG will address these in a firmware update? Some of these effect some folks here, especially the bottom one with audio delay from any source -> C9 -> AVR (either ARC, eARC or Optical). Just curious as to why this issue is on the C9 when they have had ARC and Optical out for many prior models.
As mentioned on the first posts, and repeated throughout, please discuss in the relevant threads:

LG C9 eARC Info Thread

2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk)

Thank you!
mrtickleuk likes this.

"OFFICIAL" 2019 LG C9 Consolidated Info, FAQ, Troubleshooting, Firmware & more
LG 3D TV --- Denon AVR --- Wharfedale speakers --- Emotiva subs --- Media players: Intel NUC 8th & 7th gen i3's with Pulse-Eight internal HDMI-CEC adapters, Kodi on Win10, one remote to rule them all - the TV remote!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 51 Old 07-12-2019, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
As mentioned on the first posts, and repeated throughout, please discuss in the relevant threads:

LG C9 eARC Info Thread

2019 C9–E9 Owner's Thread (No Price Talk)

Thank you!
What thread do you suggest then for this wide range of topics? This thread you started here talks about a lot, and it's specifically labeled: C9 Consolidated Info, FAQ, Troubleshooting, Firmware and more. This certainly fits into the "Firmware and More" It lists specifically the problems with this set, so I thought those problems could be discussed in here.
post #35 of 51 Old 07-12-2019, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
What thread do you suggest then for this wide range of topics? This thread you started here talks about a lot, and it's specifically labeled: C9 Consolidated Info, FAQ, Troubleshooting, Firmware and more. This certainly fits into the "Firmware and More" It lists specifically the problems with this set, so I thought those problems could be discussed in here.
I understand you, but the main Owners thread is more appropriate for firmware updates and various issues.

This thread is just a repository of useful data from the Owners and eARC threads.

Thank you!
mrtickleuk likes this.

LG 3D TV --- Denon AVR --- Wharfedale speakers --- Emotiva subs --- Media players: Intel NUC 8th & 7th gen i3's with Pulse-Eight internal HDMI-CEC adapters, Kodi on Win10, one remote to rule them all - the TV remote!
post #36 of 51 Old 07-13-2019, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I understand you, but the main Owners thread is more appropriate for firmware updates and various issues.

This thread is just a repository of useful data from the Owners and eARC threads.

Thank you!
Thank you, so treat this as data dumps and collections. No hard feelings, just checking where to post. Mods can remove these last 5 threads now.
post #37 of 51 Old 07-13-2019, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Quoted: 4517 Post(s)
Liked: 6807
Quote:
Thank you, so treat this as data dumps and collections. No hard feelings, just checking where to post. Mods can remove these last 5 threads now.
I don't think that's fair on the other 4 innocent threads
dfa973 likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #38 of 51 Old 07-22-2019, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thread changelog:

1. changed "HD audio" to "lossless HD audio" in all the main posts;

post #39 of 51 Old 07-24-2019, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thread changelog:

1. Firmware clarifications and the new Airplay2/Homekit firmware announced

post #40 of 51 Old 07-24-2019, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 94
I humbly suggest you include a link in the first post to the thread where price talk is allowed. It's not easy to find. For several years I believed price talk wasn't allowed on any AVS thread, I thought it was due to the site's advertisers.

It would be helpful if it was also included in the first post of the "C9 Owner's Thread".

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/322-o...all-sizes.html
dfa973 likes this.
post #41 of 51 Old 07-24-2019, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
I humbly suggest you include a link in the first post to the thread where price talk is allowed. It's not easy to find.
Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
For several years I believed price talk wasn't allowed on any AVS thread, I thought it was due to the site's advertisers.
No, the reason for the "No Price Talk" policy is the massive pollution of price/deals talking in the owner's thread.
meli, radamo and mrtickleuk like this.

post #42 of 51 Old 07-25-2019, 10:42 AM
c3k

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I'd love to see a consolidated listing of C9 calibrations.

I've got the 65C9PUA. Out of the box, its settings seem okay...but I have not done ANY calibration. With the total lack of a manual, I'd like to know what settings some have chosen, and why.
post #43 of 51 Old 07-25-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
Quoted: 4517 Post(s)
Liked: 6807
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3k View Post
I'd love to see a consolidated listing of C9 calibrations.

I've got the 65C9PUA. Out of the box, its settings seem okay...but I have not done ANY calibration. With the total lack of a manual, I'd like to know what settings some have chosen, and why.
Without a meter measuring your exact unique panel, it's not calibration - by definition

I think you're talking about "sharing suggested settings". That's fine, and many people do it - but if you use those settings, you definitely do not have a calibration.
c3k likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #44 of 51 Old 07-25-2019, 04:48 PM
c3k

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Without a meter measuring your exact unique panel, it's not calibration - by definition

I think you're talking about "sharing suggested settings". That's fine, and many people do it - but if you use those settings, you definitely do not have a calibration.
Yeah. That.

mrtickleuk likes this.
post #45 of 51 Old 07-27-2019, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thread changelog:

1. Known problems section - added mitigation details for the streaming freeze;
2. Firmware - added details about the Apple-related delayed firmware;
3. FAQ - added more hidden functions for the Magic Remote;

Last edited by dfa973; 07-27-2019 at 01:29 AM.
post #46 of 51 Old 07-30-2019, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
dfa973, translated changelog from LG Korea can be found below. It seems that the latest update is supposed to add Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support (I haven’t validated this on my C9 yet though).

3. Details of change
ⓐ Remote support for stores (03.50.26)
Ⓑ No Signal or blinking when playing T7 equipment (03.50.32)
Ⓒ MR Minor1 (03.60.04)
- Improved YouTube speech recognition
- Home Dashboard - Added sound bar
- Fixed other bugs
Ⓓ Watcha Play Improved the game's actual subtitles do not match video / audio time (03.60.07)
Ⓔ For Apple Airplay 2 and Hokit service (03.60.19)
post #47 of 51 Old 07-31-2019, 06:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

@DJ_GLiTCH - thanks, added!

post #48 of 51 Old 08-07-2019, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thread changelog:

1. Firmware - added details about past firmware updates and supposedly future OLED Motion Pro [email protected] firmware update;
Lunatic_Gamer likes this.

post #49 of 51 Old 08-07-2019, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Thread changelog:

1. Firmware - added details about past firmware updates and supposedly future OLED Motion Pro [email protected] firmware update;

Those rumors about a supposedly OLED Motion Pro FW update. Any credible sources or just pure speculation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Lunatic_Gamer; 08-07-2019 at 09:31 PM.
post #50 of 51 Old 08-07-2019, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic_Gamer View Post
Those rumors about a supposedly OLED Motion Pro FW update. Any credible sources or just pure speculation?
No credible/official sources.

post #51 of 51 Old 08-07-2019, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thread changelog:

1. Firmware - added a longer explanation about why the [email protected] was removed;
2. FAQ - added details about Wi-Fi not working on 5GHz band;
2. FAQ - added Firmware section and question about firmware roll-back;

Last edited by dfa973; 08-08-2019 at 04:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
faq , firmware , info , oledc9 , troubleshooting

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page