LG Announces NVIDIA G-Sync Support for E9 and C9 Series OLEDs - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 79Likes

post #241 of 250 Old 01-14-2020, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Just wanted to say I've got a 2080 Super connected to my new B9 and it really is the best gaming experience I've ever had. I thought I might miss my old ultrawide, 3440x1440p, 100hz display but now I can't imagine going back to it.

Last edited by TotesBreakfast; 01-14-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 250 Old 01-14-2020, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert9674 View Post
Where do you toggle one g sync notification for games on?. I don't see it NV control panel. Please help
It's under "Display" when in the Gsync menu.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	2670092  
post #243 of 250 Old 01-14-2020, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by forin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainmohawk View Post
Do you have your pc hooked up to a monitor as well? Just trying to see what sort of quirks I might run in to.

I don't have this set yet, but with my current Sony X900F, I have my pc hooked up to that with the surround sound system, and then a pc monitor with stereo speakers. Currently, I switch between displays with the Project keyboard shortcut of Win+P. Most of the time it switches displays and changes the audio output device to the correct ones too.

Do you know of any issues with your setup, or switching displays?
I only have the one display. My preamp does not have a video scaler it just routes the hdmi signals. Which means I only have to switch inputs on the LG C9. Your setup seems a tad bit more complex. Every now and then on startup my pc switches the audio to the tv rather than the pre-amp, its not often. Back in 2015 I had a similar setup as you and ran into problems assigning display with audio so I do get a tad nervous when updating drivers but so far everything has worked fine.
Thanks for the prompt reply!

Does anyone else here have a surround sound setup AND have their pc hooked up to a monitor as well that can comment on how it works?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 250 Old 01-14-2020, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDisplay View Post
RTX GPU + LG OLED 2019-2020 = quite literally the best possible gaming experience

only to be surpassed by 3080Ti with HDMI 2.1 and 4K-120
I'm not 100% sure on this, but doesn't AMD implement LFC at the driver level, therefore making an HDMI 2.1-equipped "big Navi" GPU (Radeon 5900XT?) actually be a better gaming experience since it'd give the benefit of both 4k120Hz + LFC as well as hardware-accelerated raytracing on an OLED TV?
post #245 of 250 Old 01-14-2020, 09:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 627 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflex-Arc View Post
I am responding to my own posts here with my tail between my legs and my head hung in shame in hopes that some other unfortunate soul on a Google quest to find out why G-sync isn't operating correctly on their C9 finds this helpful.

It was the Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar (beta). I had been using this tool exclusively as a frame rate counter as it was easily accessible, and worked on all of the games I play. Unfortunately, it also disables the ability to properly display G-sync with Vsync enabled in the NVCP, and was causing slight tearing even when it was engaged. I've tested this with the Pendulum demo from Nvidia. With G-sync on in the CP, and the XB Game Bar active, I can't toggle the Gsync option in the demo at all but the G-sync On icon shows on screen, and tearing is visible between 40-60. With the game bar disabled, I am able to toggle Gsync within the demo, and there is no tearing at all. Seems fixed. Looks good.

Thanks to all that tried to assist! Hope my mistake helps someone else down the line.
How do you toggle the Gsync Icon? I know in the Driver Menu, you can select to have it shown, but it is shown all the time. I did not know you can toggle it off while in a game...so would be great to know how to do this. Thanks!

-Hawkmoon

Last edited by Hawkmoon; 01-14-2020 at 09:21 PM.
post #246 of 250 Old 01-15-2020, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoManiac64 View Post
I'm not 100% sure on this, but doesn't AMD implement LFC at the driver level, therefore making an HDMI 2.1-equipped "big Navi" GPU (Radeon 5900XT?) actually be a better gaming experience since it'd give the benefit of both 4k120Hz + LFC as well as hardware-accelerated raytracing on an OLED TV?
(1) 2019 LG OLEDs dont support Freesync (and AMD cards dont support HDMI-VRR yet)
(2) i really dont see much point to LFC for PC gaming .. the VRR range is 40-120 and you shouldnt ever really be playing with sub-40 fps anyway on PC
(3) I am quite certain that 3080Ti will be a faster GPU than the biggest Navi, but we will see
post #247 of 250 Old 01-15-2020, 12:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDisplay View Post
(1) 2019 LG OLEDs dont support Freesync (and AMD cards dont support HDMI-VRR yet)
I was going on the basis that an AMD GPU with HDMI 2.1 would presumably support HDMI Forum VRR.

Also the 2020 OLEDs list FreeSync: https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-oled65c...4k-tv#pdp_spec
post #248 of 250 Old 01-15-2020, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quick question (but slightly long post) regarding HDR for those using a 2019 OLED with a 20X0 series card. I've been playing some Game Pass games using the Xbox app and I've noticed that when I'm playing a game in SDR and I unlock an achievement, the screen will briefly switch to HDR during the achievement notification and then back to HDR once the notification is finished. Oddly, with some games I notice that they look WAY better during the brief moment it switches to HDR. So my question is--is there any way to force HDR even for games that are just in SDR? Not sure if it's something I'd want to do regularly but I thought it might be fun to to experiment with how games look in HDR mode. I know I can get everything to run in HDR if I play in windowed mode so I'm mostly curious to see if there's a way to force HDR while in full screen.

Incidentally, I can't confirm this but I could have sworn when I first connected my PC to my B9 that everything was playing in HDR10, even when it wasn't supposed to be. Unfortunately, I experienced a nasty glitch when I tried running Mass Effect Andromeda in Dolby Vision to see how it looked but all I got was a blank screen and then my PC started running everything in Dolby Vision so I had to reinstall all my drivers to fix it. Once I got everything running properly that's when I noticed that all my SDR games were running in SDR, just like they should. But again, I'm just wondering if there's a way to force HDR10.
post #249 of 250 Old 01-17-2020, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
How do you toggle the Gsync Icon? I know in the Driver Menu, you can select to have it shown, but it is shown all the time. I did not know you can toggle it off while in a game...so would be great to know how to do this. Thanks!

Thats a good question. I would assume it would display for a few seconds then fade. I'll have to test it.

Dell Alienware Aurora R7
CPU: Intel i7K 8700K Coffee Lake(Boost clock:4.7GHz)
Graphics: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra Gaming 11GB GDDR6
Display: LG 65' C9 OLED
SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset w/ SteelSeries RIVAL 650 Wireless mouse
post #250 of 250 Old 01-17-2020, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamus View Post
Yes, this is a nice feature to have... Makes me wish the max Hz of the television was 125, so we could go down to 120 in every game.

Anyway, you should know that this feature has more input lag than using a game FPS limiter (but less than V-sync obviously) So if your game has a FPS limiter, always use that instead.

Has anyone installed these new drivers? I held off because of the disasters over in the NVIDIA forums and the sticky thread with the new release. Seems its really messing up peoples PC's

Dell Alienware Aurora R7
CPU: Intel i7K 8700K Coffee Lake(Boost clock:4.7GHz)
Graphics: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra Gaming 11GB GDDR6
Display: LG 65' C9 OLED
SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset w/ SteelSeries RIVAL 650 Wireless mouse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page