2020 LG OLED CX-GX Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-6) - No Price Talk - Page 151 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5939Likes

post #4501 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1369 Post(s)
Liked: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerrelli View Post
Yup can confirm latest update seems to have broken smooth gradation. Low seems to do absolutely nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol thank you I had mentioned this a few times but my post just got looked over i guess but I know for a fact it was working with the ootb firmware and the 1 firmware after it. This last one killed it. The only setting now that really does anything is High setting

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Sargon 1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4502 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmane View Post
I never use super resolution it seems to be another enhancement type of feature. I personally like to have a clean as possible content creator intent type of picture on everything lol

Thanks...I’m with you on a clean picture. I’ll check for gradiation and report back soon

macmane likes this.

LG 65CX l Apple TV 4K l PS4 Pro l Nintendo Switch | Logitech Harmony Companion
post #4503 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 54
So does dolby vision IQ engaged on CX also add some unwanted locked settings in the menu like the panasonic oled do? For panasonic it's noise reduction, mpeg remaster, resoution remaster and sharpness that's sadly on for panasonic 2020. Hopefully a mistake and can be fixed by firmware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4504 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Quoted: 5330 Post(s)
Liked: 6540
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesslan1 View Post
So does dolby vision IQ engaged on CX also add some unwanted locked settings in the menu like the panasonic oled do? For panasonic it's noise reduction, mpeg remaster, resoution remaster and sharpness that's sadly on for panasonic 2020. Hopefully a mistake and can be fixed by firmware.
No

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F, LG CX
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, LightSpace Pro, ISF Level III Certified
post #4505 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Liked: 2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuadros86 View Post
Deciding on the GX or wait for Sony 2021 panel. Coming from an A1E. Is this a bad set? I like the future proof features. Worried Sony will be behind or charge an arm and a leg for the newer set.
It’s a bad set. If you’re coming from a A1E then the GX is not worthy of your consideration. The GX is bad to the bone.

Best to wait for the 2021 Sony OLED sets and hope for the best.

LG 65B8
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
post #4506 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzerrelli View Post
Yup can confirm latest update seems to have broken smooth gradation. Low seems to do absolutely nothing.

so, is better not update the tv if i buy this tv?
Sargon 1 and Fonzerrelli like this.
post #4507 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcinnamon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech fan View Post
2. I said that the "issue" could be avoided in virtually any scenario (yes, virtually, not all, you are correct) by setting the 'player' to pcm audio which, as I understand it, the cx can receive.i don't use a pc for movie playback, but would assume that any pc can be set to pcm 2.0 output via hdmi. Same for Xbox, Playstation, and virtually any Bluray player. Aside from local network streaming apps which may/may not have pcm capability, this is a non-issue for everyone else.
I agree for everything except for gamers using eARC to pass through to an HDMI 2.0 AVR. Running direct to the TV is the only way to get VRR with consoles and still use VRR. Other than that use-case, there's workarounds.

Even then, if the Xbox is set to pcm output there should not be a problem. The TV will only block "unprocessed/not decoded" dts signals. Setting the Xbox to pcm audio means the Xbox is decoding the signal, rather than sending the raw data to another component. If the Xbox decodes the dts audio and sends it out as pcm, the TV "should" allow the full pcm signal to pass through earc without an issue.

Admittedly I am working off theory, and not actual knowledge as I have not tested this myself.

LG 77” CX OLED; Panasonic 820; XBox One X; Apple TV (gen 2)
Marantz AV7704; Emotiva XPA-5
Martin Logan Vantage (fronts); Stage (center); Grotto (sub); DefTech Mythos GemXL (surround)
post #4508 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 30
So after having the TV for a few days I just wanted to make a few comments on some of my observations and I think they might have been mentioned in earlier posts so apologies if they have.

I think my set has some slight tinting but nothing which I would say is intolerable. Last night I was watching some content and noticed that the left side of the panel (5-6 inches from the side and from the middle to the bottom of the TV) had a yellow-ish tint. I started to have kittens and started doing some colour sweeps and it was evident in certain colours such as white, grey, yellow. Now I was sat to the left of the TV so I repositioned myself centre on and wala, it had gone. However, I could now notice some tinting on the right hand side but much fainter. So I tested this with a variety of content and it really was not visible on any content unless there was full white scene and you looked really really hard for it. Given the technology, the whole idea of panel lottery and my last C9 also suffering some tinting I think it is normal and to expect a degree of it. I think I am probably going to accept it and as I really don't wanna go through another exchange again and ending up with a worse set.

Secondly, l I think the HDMI handshaking is pretty buggy on these sets as some people have mentioned earlier. I can confirm that I am also experiencing some flakey behaviour too.

I have the CX hooked up to a Samsung Q80R soundbar and I initially had some difficulties in getting this working perfectly. I had this connected via the HDMI2 port, eARC enabled and set to PassThrough on the CX. This was working fine but the LG remote wouldn't adjust the volume of the sound. My previous C9 never ever had an issue being able to communicate with the same soundbar. Trying to adjust the volume would just result in getting a blocked logo on the right hand side of the screen which meant that I had to use the soundbar remote to adjust the volume, no biggy.

The sound that was coming through the TV was actually Dolby Atmos (NetFlix internal app) an verified by viewing the stream information would confirm this however the soundbar wouldn't display the Dolby Atmos indicator when launching content. Literally, after a few random power cycles, selecting the output to internal speakers, back to to eARC seemed to give it a boot and all started to work. This got the LG CX remote working too. Perfect I thought, until yesterday, its kind of fallen back into the state it was in. Atmos sound was outputted but no Dolby Atmos triggering on soundbar, and remote was not working anymore. So I had to do the same thing to restore functionality, complete random order of enabling/disabling the HDMI Simplelink, selecting internal speakers, then eARC, power cycles . I have to say this is annoying so I am hoping this gets fixed by a firmware update soon.

And apologies for the long post.
venus933 likes this.
post #4509 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 221
2020 LG OLED CX-GX Owner's Thread + FAQ (Posts 1-6) - No Price Talk

My CX just had a stroke i think...

TV was completely off, I powered on ps4 and it went to the ps4 input which is good, but then it immediately switched back and forth between my cable input and ps4 repeatedly and wouldn’t stop.

Never happened before...had to unplug the tv for it to stop...anyone see this? Clearly another HDMI glitch? I am using CEC...

This is my replacement cx.... I am on firmware .13 and didn’t update it since I plugged it in

LG 65CX l Apple TV 4K l PS4 Pro l Nintendo Switch | Logitech Harmony Companion

Last edited by saiyanzzrage; 05-23-2020 at 12:30 PM.
post #4510 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Quoted: 5330 Post(s)
Liked: 6540
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBoss View Post
So after having the TV for a few days I just wanted to make a few comments on some of my observations and I think they might have been mentioned in earlier posts so apologies if they have.

I think my set has some slight tinting but nothing which I would say is intolerable. Last night I was watching some content and noticed that the left side of the panel (5-6 inches from the side and from the middle to the bottom of the TV) had a yellow-ish tint. I started to have kittens and started doing some colour sweeps and it was evident in certain colours such as white, grey, yellow. Now I was sat to the left of the TV so I repositioned myself centre on and wala, it had gone. However, I could now notice some tinting on the right hand side but much fainter. So I tested this with a variety of content and it really was not visible on any content unless there was full white scene and you looked really really hard for it. Given the technology, the whole idea of panel lottery and my last C9 also suffering some tinting I think it is normal and to expect a degree of it. I think I am probably going to accept it and as I really don't wanna go through another exchange again and ending up with a worse set.

Secondly, l I think the HDMI handshaking is pretty buggy on these sets as some people have mentioned earlier. I can confirm that I am also experiencing some flakey behaviour too.

I have the CX hooked up to a Samsung Q80R soundbar and I initially had some difficulties in getting this working perfectly. I had this connected via the HDMI2 port, eARC enabled and set to PassThrough on the CX. This was working fine but the LG remote wouldn't adjust the volume of the sound. My previous C9 never ever had an issue being able to communicate with the same soundbar. Trying to adjust the volume would just result in getting a blocked logo on the right hand side of the screen which meant that I had to use the soundbar remote to adjust the volume, no biggy.

The sound that was coming through the TV was actually Dolby Atmos (NetFlix internal app) an verified by viewing the stream information would confirm this however the soundbar wouldn't display the Dolby Atmos indicator when launching content. Literally, after a few random power cycles, selecting the output to internal speakers, back to to eARC seemed to give it a boot and all started to work. This got the LG CX remote working too. Perfect I thought, until yesterday, its kind of fallen back into the state it was in. Atmos sound was outputted but no Dolby Atmos triggering on soundbar, and remote was not working anymore. So I had to do the same thing to restore functionality, complete random order of enabling/disabling the HDMI Simplelink, selecting internal speakers, then eARC, power cycles . I have to say this is annoying so I am hoping this gets fixed by a firmware update soon.

There are still quite a few bugs that will be fixed in a June release of the firmware so i would be patient. With the virus and everything going on this year i think many manufacturers were behind with their products. I would report them to LG anyway just to make sure they know about them but i have confidence this will all be worked out. Tinting on an OLED is something you need to deal with. I can tell you on one of my CXs the tinting actually faded a little after 200 hours which is contrary to everything we know.
threshfire likes this.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F, LG CX
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, LightSpace Pro, ISF Level III Certified
post #4511 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner842 View Post
So ASBL is still an issue on the CX, was hoping it wouldn’t be the case after getting long dark scenes dim After a while on my B6.

Just tried Unforgiven uhd and that bar scene at night dims so that the scene is barely visible. I know this scene is particularly long so I can’t see it happening often with content, but how have LG not fixed ASBL being so aggressive!
OK. now I went and ordered that movie so I can check this out. I don't have any ABL/ASBL issues for some reason, but this UHD movie will provide yet another test to put my tv through.

I realize this should be about me not seeing the "correct" content yet to make this happen, and once it does, my "house of cards" will come falling down.

VERY intrigued by your post. I will assume that the media won't matter - meaning streaming or 4k blu-ray. I ordered the blu-ray.

(fingers still crossed)
gunner842 likes this.

Last edited by Sargon 1; 05-23-2020 at 11:15 AM.
post #4512 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
There are still quite a few bugs that will be fixed in a June release of the firmware so i would be patient. With the virus and everything going on this year i think many manufacturers were behind with their products. I would report them to LG anyway just to make sure they know about them but i have confidence this will all be worked out. Tinting on an OLED is something you need to deal with. I can tell you on one of my CXs the tinting actually faded a little after 200 hours which is contrary to everything we know.
Happy to report the HMDI issues to LG if you can point me in the right direction.

Also, I couldn't ask for more if the tinting sorts itself out. To be honest I have probably only had about 20 hours on the set so far. Hope it can iron itself out but I have been lead to believe that this doesn't really go away.
post #4513 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargon 1 View Post
OK. now I went and ordered that movie so I can check this out. I don't have any ABL/ASBL issues for some reason, but this UHD movie will provide yet another test to put my tv through.

(fingers still crossed)
Please let me know your findings. The scene is at night in a bar and after a while it dims so much you can barely see anything.
If you don’t notice it I would be interested to know what picture setting you use.

Thanks
post #4514 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Please let me know your findings. The scene is at night in a bar and after a while it dims so much you can barely see anything.
If you don’t notice it I would be interested to know what picture setting you use.

Thanks
Will do!
gunner842 likes this.
post #4515 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 222 Post(s)
Quoted: 6223 Post(s)
Liked: 9048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Lavoie View Post
I tried checking for hdr 4k banding on the internal Youtube app and noticed it there too. Are Youtube test videos compressed?
Yes, all Youtube videos are compressed. In particular, test pattern videos - which are designed and curated careful to bring out particular things - can be easily ruined by the re-encoding that YouTube does to create all the different bitrate/resolutions to stream to you after upload. You never, EVER get the original video that the uploader uploaded.

Quote:
Are they not a reliable way to test for banding?
Correct, they are not reliable.

Quote:
I was under the impressions that this 10 bit panel would not have color banding on HDR content. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Whoever gave you that impression misled you, as banding is normally in the source as delivered to you, and not a problem with the display. bIt doesn't matter what you display it on.
But you can reduce banding by trying to choose a very clean source (such as the full 12-bit Dolby Vision from a 4k Blu-Ray disc), and you can smooth the appearance of banding on other sources using the TV's processing features such as smooth gradation, which has many different "levels" of aggressiveness. However as with all forms of picture processing, there is a price to be paid - in this case, removal of picture details.
athenaesword likes this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #4516 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:

I realize this should be about me not seeing the "correct" content yet to make this happen, and once it does, my "house of cards" will come falling down.

VERY intrigued by your post. I will assume that the media won't matter - meaning streaming or 4k blu-ray. I ordered the blu-ray.

(fingers still crossed)
Just seen your edit, not sure but now you mentioned that I will test the Blu-ray as well.
Sargon 1 likes this.
post #4517 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Watched some of doctor sleep last night and it had some weird things going on in mid to dark scenes especially in the beginning of the movie when the little boy is walking to the bathroom it was like an oval shape circle as he the camera was panning along side a gray screen never seen that before on many shots like that along with some funny type of vignetting as he was standing in the bathroom looking at the bathtub idk if that was the movies intent or what

Does this play with your mind, making you "wonder" if that firmware update that ruined your smoothing, also did something with this?

You are probably like, "No. But Sargon is. Knock it off!"

Too late!

Last edited by Sargon 1; 05-23-2020 at 11:36 AM.
post #4518 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Lol thank you I had mentioned this a few times but my post just got looked over i guess but I know for a fact it was working with the ootb firmware and the 1 firmware after it. This last one killed it. The only setting now that really does anything is High setting

This is EXACTLY why I'm not a big fan of firmware updates.
I've been admonished to not worry about it. But I've been around this tech block far too long.

Unless my tv is having some real glitches straight from the factory, I AVOID this like the plague.
But I realize the CX has had it's share of glitches, so this may be unavoidable.

Hopefully they will "update the update" for you.
post #4519 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Yes, all Youtube videos are compressed. In particular, test pattern videos - which are designed and curated careful to bring out particular things - can be easily ruined by the re-encoding that YouTube does to create all the different bitrate/resolutions to stream to you after upload. You never, EVER get the original video that the uploader uploaded.

Correct, they are not reliable.

Whoever gave you that impression misled you, as banding is normally in the source as delivered to you, and not a problem with the display. bIt doesn't matter what you display it on.
But you can reduce banding by trying to choose a very clean source (such as the full 12-bit Dolby Vision from a 4k Blu-Ray disc), and you can smooth the appearance of banding on other sources using the TV's processing features such as smooth gradation, which has many different "levels" of aggressiveness. However as with all forms of picture processing, there is a price to be paid - in this case, removal of picture details.
Thank you very much for all the info. I understand this better now!
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #4520 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Does anyone know if the Thenaudio Sharc earc device is capable of fixing the LG CX issue passing through lpcm multichannel via earc? I had heard of changing the EDID but I dont know how to do that and if it's even possible when I am playing on my ps4 pro.
post #4521 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 3922 Post(s)
Liked: 3603
Quote:
Originally Posted by venus933 View Post
Perhaps the difference in pixel structure between the 2019 and 2020 panels is to further reduce burn in potential. The subtle changes in PQ seem to be due to video processing.
I wonder if the C9 panels manufactured in 2020 have the new pixel structure? My C9 panel was manufactured March, 2020. Are they running two different manufacturing lines or are the panels the same? From LG's standpoint, it would seem to benefit them to push out the new panels ASAP during the model year overlap, particularly if they're less prone to burn-in.
post #4522 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:

(fingers still crossed)
Just tried the BD and it looked ok throughout this scene, so must just be the uhd that ASBL has an effect on.
post #4523 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
I wonder if the C9 panels manufactured in 2020 have the new pixel structure? My C9 panel was manufactured March, 2020. Are they running two different manufacturing lines or are the panels the same? From LG's standpoint, it would seem to benefit them to push out the new panels ASAP during the model year overlap, particularly if they're less prone to burn-in.
I have not seen any evidence that 2020's are less prone to burn in. They do have a subpixel structure change but it does not impact PQ, if you have a c9 with a manufacturing date of jan 2020 or beyond, it might well be using the newer panel. The newer panel might be less prone to tinting issues but i dont see any other benefit so far.
Gooddoc likes this.

peralatan saya
marten, rogue audio (hifi) bowers and wilkins, belles, onkyo, jl audio, sony, auralex, furutech (ht)
post #4524 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Just tried the BD and it looked ok throughout this scene, so must just be the uhd that ASBL has an effect on.
Very good to know. It points me in a certain direction. I watch a lot of regular blu-rays. I'll focus on 4K content more.

Okay, but what about a UHD 4K HDR blu-ray? Did you watch that disc or did you get it through streaming?
I would assume that that doesn't matter, but I'm just trying to keep things on the exact same page with you for my comparative test with ABSL.

Last edited by Sargon 1; 05-23-2020 at 12:05 PM.
post #4525 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Very good to know. It points me in a certain direction. I watch a lot of regular blu-rays. I'll focus on 4K content more.

Okay, but what about a UHD 4K HDR blu-ray? Did you watch that disc or did you get it through streaming?
I would assume that that doesn't matter, but I'm just trying to keep things on the exact same page with you for my comparative test with ABSL.
It was the uhd disc I watched, as I have the 4K disc it comes with the Blu-ray as well.
post #4526 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Liked: 2094
Quote:
This is EXACTLY why I'm not a big fan of firmware updates.
I've been admonished to not worry about it. But I've been around this tech block far too long.

Unless my tv is having some real glitches straight from the factory, I AVOID this like the plague.
But I realize the CX has had it's share of glitches, so this may be unavoidable.

Hopefully they will "update the update" for you.
I remember it took LG a long, long time to fix the issue (as a result of a firmware update) with playing YouTube HDR videos correctly on the 2017 models.
Sargon 1 likes this.

LG 65B8
Sonos Playbase
MS Xbox One S (using strictly as a disk player)
post #4527 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
it was the uhd disc i watched, as i have the 4k disc it comes with the blu-ray as well.
perfect!
post #4528 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by improwise View Post
One thing I dont really get is ABL, is its purpose to protect the panel or the pixels? Reason for asking is that if I have 50% white and 50% black side by side, I won't get ABL, but if I put up 100% white I will. Now, if the purpose was to prevent burn in and preserve the pixels, wouldn't the 50% pixels be just as affected regardless of if the other 50% is black? Or it some kind of overheating protection for the whole panel?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I've been asking myself the same question since last year when I learned about ABL. Doesn't make sense at all. ALB is in fact meant to protect the panel from burn in, but your scenario serves as a counterargument for its purpose.

Quote:
So ASBL is still an issue on the CX, was hoping it wouldn’t be the case after getting long dark scenes dim After a while on my B6.

Just tried Unforgiven uhd and that bar scene at night dims so that the scene is barely visible. I know this scene is particularly long so I can’t see it happening often with content, but how have LG not fixed ASBL being so aggressive!
I have not watched Unforgiven, so I apologize if the scene is noticeably different that what I am picturing. In dark, mostly-static scenes, the problem is that the TV thinks that the video is paused, and it therefore lowers the brightness substantially to protect itself from burn-in. This dimness is exacerbated/ameliorated by the use of the Logo Luminance Adjustment (since the TV can recognize the static brighter zones in an otherwise very dark image, as logos), or the use of the Vivid setting, which barely features ABL in this year's model (but I know people hate using any of these).

I agree with you about the aggressiveness of ABL, and I realize the following suggestion is far from ideal, but like you also mentioned, these types of scenes are uncommon. Grabbing the controller to show the pointer, or pausing for a second to bring up some kind of time stamp, or changing the volume (anything that will change the image, even for an instant) will bring back the "default" brightness to the image (until it kicks in again). Like I said, less than ideal, but better than not being able to see anything on screen.

LG should give us some control over ABL. But ABL is LG protecting themselves from burn-in, so we'll probably never get that kind of control. :/
gunner842 likes this.
post #4529 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 01:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Greetings to all, this is my first message, but I have followed this forum for years and this thread for a long time since I want to buy the CX in a few more months (if the many problems it has are solved).

And although I am not a user with advanced knowledge, I registered to see to contribute with a grain of sand (in case someone has not posted the same before)

Well, regarding the ASBL problem that the CX has, there is something that can be done about it that is to deactivate it in the service menu.

The only way to enter that menu is through the Service Menu Explorer for LG TV app (I think there is also the LITE version), and have a mobile with IR.

Having this do the following:

Once installed and opened, we will go to the "In-start" option which is the one on the left:
Or in more recent versions it would be on the second button "In start" (important not to touch the last of the 3 (IN STOP))

Once done, it will probably ask us to enter a code, which in our case is 0413 (we put it with the TV remote)

Once inside, with the command you have to go down to number 13 (OLED)

And in the first option on the right "TPC Enable", which is ON, you have to change it to OFF.

Then you are left behind on the remote and when you turn off and on the TV you should be ready.

With this there will be no more ABSL problems, and there will no longer be gradual removal of the shine, nor will there be any light change problems.

I hope it works for someone and excuse me if this was already posted.

Also excuse if there is bad wording, I do not have very good English.

I hope I can continue learning and helping in what I can.

Greetings!.
post #4530 of 7006 Old 05-23-2020, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Lavoie View Post
Does anyone know if the Thenaudio Sharc earc device is capable of fixing the LG CX issue passing through lpcm multichannel via earc? I had heard of changing the EDID but I dont know how to do that and if it's even possible when I am playing on my ps4 pro.
I'm assuming you're having issues passing Multichannel LPCM through the CX? I am too... It HAS worked for me, and it still does if you disconnect-reconnect some cables or turn on-off some settings in a certain order, which is driving me crazy. Hopefully a new firmware will fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBoss View Post

• If my Apple TV is ON before I switch to the HDMI input it is connected to, switching to that HDMI input will turn OFF the Apple TV.
  • If I turn-on/wake-up my PC before turning ON my soundbar, LPCM will be completely messed up (distorted, 1.5 seconds delayed, 2 channel audio), even if I use CRU to reset the drivers with the 5.1 PCM enabled. The TV and soundbar need to be on before turning-on/waking-up my PC, otherwise 5.1 PCM won't pass through eARC, and I need to physically disconnect-reconnect the HDMI cable that goes into the HDMI 2 input (only way it works)
  • My Nintendo Switch and PS4 Pro will not pass 5.1 PCM through eARC, no matter what I do. But my PC (granted, with the help of CRU) and the Apple TV (without any EDID modification) do pass 5.1 PCM.
  • I added a loooong post a couple weeks back about an HDMI switch I was using, that I can't use anymore with the CX, because I have to go through a whole process of connecting it to literally ANY other display right before I connect it to the CX for it to work (everytime). I can no longer use the HDMI switch.

So yeah, handshaking is buggy to say the least
athenaesword likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Tags
detection issue , earc , g-sync , lg cx , lossless audio , lpcm 7.1 , new purchase , pcm , surround sound and speaker , troubleshooting

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page