Any word on when 2020 tv's are coming? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-15-2020, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just wanted to know when the 2020 tv's are coming? Is there a release date list somewhere? Usually they start releasing in march and after right.
Iv been waiting many years to get a tv. I decided to wait for hdmi 2.1 specs as it will be more future prof for the ps5.
What i was looking for where. hdmi 2.1 (at least gsync), 1440p resolution, accepts pal regain specs and resolutions, nice HDR, nice to have 120hz native refresh.
I can't really fit more then a 50" and 50" will be a tight fit.
The tv's I was looking at wile watching ces coverage where. 49" LG OLED, 49" Samsung QLED and that 42" nvidea tv( i don't think it has hdmi 2.1 but it does have gsync and 120hz native refresh.)it's prob pricey.
I gotta wait, i know and wait for reviews. I may end up with a regular tv if i feel like it's to much money at that time.

I live in Canada. But got some consoles from pal regain. Some of them work on a ntsc tv, but if it's not to pal standards like being able to change to 50hz it doesn't run quite right or not at all.
I got some tv's that support pal and some that don't.
I contacted lg and they told me that there tv's support pal.
this is what they told me about there tv's.
1. SM90 support HDMI 2.1 e-ARC (86”/75”/65”) 2. It is 50/60Hz (Europe/NA) 3. UM73 Series(43”/50”/55”/65”/70”) uses RGB Panel (only 49” uses m+ RGB)

I meant 48" for the samsung and lg.

Last edited by teachsac; 02-16-2020 at 05:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page