Is the Sony A8H much better than the A8G? - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #61 of 64 Old 05-09-2020, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 8
already can reserve 5 years will be guaranteed

https://tecnoduero.com/tienda/televi...-65a8-reserva/

Enviado desde mi J9110 mediante Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 05-09-2020, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 44
D-Nice has started an owner's thread for the A8H: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...-s-thread.html
post #63 of 64 Old 05-31-2020, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How do I access the Sony A8G Service Menu to check panel hours

Hey everyone, very helpful stuff. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post but thought I'd give it a shot. I just picked up a Sony A8G from Best Buy (Open Box) and it didn't have the remote included. I'm trying to access the service menu to view panel hours since I believe this was a display model. I downloaded a couple of Sony remote control emulators/apps on iOS to to control the TV but I can't figure out how to get into the service menu. I'v tried turning the tv off and hitting the [Display Button] + [5 Button] + [Volume Up] + [Power Button] but that doesn't seem to work. I don't know if that's because that's not the correct sequence or if it's because the remote emulator app doesn't have the correct buttons mapped (all the buttons seem to work properly aside from the display button. Thanks for your help, apologies again if this is posted in the wrong place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 64 Old 06-01-2020, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1596 Post(s)
Liked: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrown View Post
Hey everyone, very helpful stuff. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post but thought I'd give it a shot. I just picked up a Sony A8G from Best Buy (Open Box) and it didn't have the remote included. I'm trying to access the service menu to view panel hours since I believe this was a display model. I downloaded a couple of Sony remote control emulators/apps on iOS to to control the TV but I can't figure out how to get into the service menu. I'v tried turning the tv off and hitting the [Display Button] + [5 Button] + [Volume Up] + [Power Button] but that doesn't seem to work. I don't know if that's because that's not the correct sequence or if it's because the remote emulator app doesn't have the correct buttons mapped (all the buttons seem to work properly aside from the display button. Thanks for your help, apologies again if this is posted in the wrong place.
Is it an app using IR or is it an app using the network connection? Only an IR one would work. You can buy the proper remote for about $100 or so. I hope the open box was significantly more reduced than that. Well you can get a much cheaper remote too if you don't care about the microphone for voice commands part.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page