LG Models (FAQ - Link) - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 98 Old 01-22-2007, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

I just recently won the LG 42PM1M at my holiday party (lucky me).

I am thinking of hooking this up to a computer with TV out. I am complete noob when it comes to plasma, but I have heard there could be potential burn in issues...

Anyone have this model or similar and have it hooked up to a computer? Or any insight as to whether or not I can do what I am trying to do??

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 Old 02-15-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by na9d View Post

The hard drive appears to be easily accessible from the back of the set. Looks like you can easily pull it and replace with a larger one.

I was just searching the forums to try to find this out. Has anyone treid this out, or read about it? I see there is some format type option in the menus, so I was thinking of trying a 500GB hard drive to see if I could boost my record capacity. I dont know what type of drive it takes or if it would work.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
post #93 of 98 Old 09-03-2007, 04:37 PM

Question...I don't know if this is the best place for it (but I searched!)

I have an LG DU-37LZ30 LCD television. The HD works great on antenna, but using my Motorola DVR (DCT6416 III) the HD channels will not expand to cover the whole screen. I can zoom them in, but toggling the aspect ratio on the television and the DVR doesn't help. There are black bars on all four sides. It's clearly in Hi-def, just tiny and centered. I've been through every possible scenario with the cable company. Also, FYI, the universal remote with the DVR is incompatible with my LG TV. Is this just a compatibility issue I'll have to live with?

I'm an amateur at this. Don't reply with big words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 98 Old 09-06-2007, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinpac View Post

Question...I don't know if this is the best place for it (but I searched!)

I have an LG DU-37LZ30 LCD television. The HD works great on antenna, but using my Motorola DVR (DCT6416 III) the HD channels will not expand to cover the whole screen. I can zoom them in, but toggling the aspect ratio on the television and the DVR doesn't help. There are black bars on all four sides. It's clearly in Hi-def, just tiny and centered. I've been through every possible scenario with the cable company.

Dustin,

It sounds like either your TV or DVR is incorrectly set. Double check that your aspect ratios are set up thru the menu of each unit for 16x9. Does the DVR upscale? If so, try resetting it to allow native resolution out. When I get a non-480i PPV movie thru my external tuner (LG 3510a), it comes out with black borders when upscaling is enabled. When I change it to native or variable out, then the signal fills the screen.

Brett
post #95 of 98 Old 11-29-2007, 08:49 PM

Hello,
I've been searching on this forum but couldn't find any post on calibration setting for the RU-42PZ61. If anyone has a good calibration setting, please post.

Thanks
post #96 of 98 Old 12-04-2007, 12:29 PM

Robert:

I noticed that the model listing ends with 2006, and that the posts here have trailed off... Is this an abandoned thread? For the record, I recently purchased an 37LC7D, which we love.
post #97 of 98 Old 12-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Robert. ( I hope your still around)
Its good to see you are a LG man.
I have a LG here in Australia model 71SA1D and I am very happy with it, I have the service manual which comes in handy but very few in Oz country and by the look at it the US have these 71 inch LCoS monsters.
What I would like to know is the Convergence adjustments are very coarse so in other words my RED Horz is say 1.5 mm low and if I adjust it just one adjustment
it throws it 1.5 MM on the other side of the Green and Blue. I have adjusted heaps of rear projection sets for friends of LG and other brands in CRT or DLP and all of them have a small jump between adjustments so you can get it or better still adjust the colour you want spot on but when you adjust the 71SA1D this cannot be done.
It would be good if this set had a fine adjustment for the convergence as I'm trying to get it 100% spot on. Am I missing something, Forget LG in Australia as they know twat ( Nothing) Any help would be appreciated.

Main Room Sony KD-75X9400E Display, AMP. Yamaha RX-A3050. Front Mains, 2x Dali Concept 8. Klipsch Center, Surround and Rear Surrounds, 4X Dali Ikon 1. Ceiling 4X B&W CCM 382. Subs, 2x Kef C200 for the rear and 2X Kenwood SW-07HT for the fronts. Lounge Shakers, Dayton Audio SA 230 Sub Amp with 4 AST-2B-4 lounge Shakers. The other Tv room the Hecto live there the Hecto 100 inch Short throw projector,
post #98 of 98 Old 01-04-2008, 06:06 PM

Robert,

I need some help with the 42LB1dra. My unit is very sensitive to heat. After powering the unit on for 10-15 minutes, the digital picture starts to break up and then it goes out. I need to help with trouble shooting and where to find replacement parts.

Thanks

Carter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology and Flat Panels General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page