DIY Sound Group Subforum - Rules of Engagement - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-25-2015, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1490 Post(s)
Liked: 2088
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
DIY Sound Group Subforum - Rules of Engagement

I know this is a huge work in progress, but was looking for a sticky on the Subforum ROE. Are there any?

I'm assuming the intent of this subforum to be the go to place for everything SEOS and and DIYSG, correct. If that is the case, I'll be starting a new thread here for my Volt V10LX Surrounds in these parts. Are we wanting to shift all DIYSG topics / conversations over here immediately?

I imagine this subforum will reduce traffic to the DIY area pretty significantly...

Good job with it thus far Erich.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-25-2015, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked: 2225
Erich can answer that more specifically, but people can still choose where they put their build threads. This area is not only for build threads, but also tech info, general kit questions, price talk, product announcements, etc. If you'd rather your thread in the DIY section, your DIYing afaik and it certainly is ok there. If you want it here that's ok too. Probably less traffic here for a thread like that.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-25-2015, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-25-2015, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Are we wanting to shift all DIYSG topics / conversations over here immediately? (Popalock)
Popa, my vote is "yes" start moving all build threads and conversations over here starting immediately. When I posted to the other forum (which has a similar and confusing name) it was all about DIY Soundgroup stuff. This place now feels like home.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-26-2015, 09:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 294 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1855 Post(s)
Liked: 2659
Right now I'm guessing more people would see your build in the other AVS forum, which always helps a person rush to get it done for bragging rights! But I'll put a link up over here either way.

If I see DIY Sound Group build threads in the DIY Speaker Section I'll simply put a link to that build in the "Index of Build Threads" in this subforum. It will likely take a little while to get this subforum full of info and moving good.

Basically there aren't any rules of engagement in this subforum just yet. Probably not a good thing to tell you though!

post #6 of 6 Old 03-26-2015, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post
Right now I'm guessing more people would see your build in the other AVS forum, which always helps a person rush to get it done for bragging rights! But I'll put a link up over here either way.

If I see DIY Sound Group build threads in the DIY Speaker Section I'll simply put a link to that build in the "Index of Build Threads" in this subforum. It will likely take a little while to get this subforum full of info and moving good.

Basically there aren't any rules of engagement in this subforum just yet. Probably not a good thing to tell you though!
You know me too well....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page