Forum Jump: 
 49Likes

post #91 of 112 Old 03-30-2016, 06:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Note from Erich

I don't have enough posts to even reply to PMs...so here is the answer that I got from Erich via e-mail when I reached out directly:

The designer went over the whole kit to be sure that the compression driver sample I sent him was the same as the ones we actually received. He sent the completed schematic and I just need to go back through and double check everything. i will be doing that this weekend and getting the 'Finalize your order' page up on the site.

I know I'm excited!

Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 112 Old 03-30-2016, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vRAE View Post
I don't have enough posts to even reply to PMs...so here is the answer that I got from Erich via e-mail when I reached out directly:

The designer went over the whole kit to be sure that the compression driver sample I sent him was the same as the ones we actually received. He sent the completed schematic and I just need to go back through and double check everything. i will be doing that this weekend and getting the 'Finalize your order' page up on the site.

I know I'm excited!

Andrew
Thanks for letting us know about the update! I'm getting excited too.
post #93 of 112 Old 03-30-2016, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I hope this means we'll get some listening comparisons to the 893, & 1099. maybe then some of us will get off the fence

Once the schematic is published, hopefully mtg90 can use an existing crossover pcb for the 1299 c/o.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 112 Old 04-08-2016, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I see the 1299's are now In Stock. No flatpacks are listed, but the 2 baffles are. Does this mean those who preordered have received them? What are you doing for crossovers--build your own on fiberboard? Will some of you please post your builds and then most importantly--your listening impressions, and some FR graphs when you have time.

I can't wait to read your impressions.
post #95 of 112 Old 04-11-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondi View Post
I see the 1299's are now In Stock. No flatpacks are listed, but the 2 baffles are. Does this mean those who preordered have received them? What are you doing for crossovers--build your own on fiberboard? Will some of you please post your builds and then most importantly--your listening impressions, and some FR graphs when you have time.

I can't wait to read your impressions.
Those on preorder were just finally able to finalize payments. I doubt anyone has received theirs yet.
post #96 of 112 Old 04-12-2016, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked: 2224
Sorry I haven't given this speaker much post-design attention. I've been swamped starting a new job, working on my personal speaker projects/business, home projects, etc. I'm planning on putting this speaker through some comparison listening and posting up the final measurements soon.

My youtube channel: Impulse Audio
post #97 of 112 Old 04-12-2016, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Wish I had the cash to buy a pair of these!!!
post #98 of 112 Old 04-12-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patzig View Post
Wish I had the cash to buy a pair of these!!!
Sell me your 1899's and buy these.
post #99 of 112 Old 04-12-2016, 05:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 725 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Just wondering if any of the 1299 preorders shipped out yet, I can't wait to see the first build tread.
JohnDean likes this.

JVC NX5 Panasonic UB820 PC Madvr
Sliver Ticket 120' Cinema white screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Pioneer Elite SC-LX801 Acurus A125x5
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY) V.B.S.S.x 4(MBM)
post #100 of 112 Old 04-25-2016, 12:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Please confirm, going with 1299's in the W/W/M-M/T tower configuration maintains the 99dB sensitivity plus it might have less potential for mid bass suckout due to the lowest 12" driver being so close to the ground (sort of an MBM type benefit negating floor bounce). Also, with that much sensitivity EQ might be easier to apply as long as other room induced nulls aren't present.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Krister
post #101 of 112 Old 04-25-2016, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked: 2224
It maintains the sensitivity. I cant say whether or not you'll get the other benefits. In some cases it may. In others the top to bottom woofers might do that better.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
krholmberg likes this.

My youtube channel: Impulse Audio
post #102 of 112 Old 05-04-2016, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post
More info on parts used will come later. I wanted to see which layout you guys think is best for the 1299. I need to decide if these will be ported or sealed because I'm only going to be able to get one flat pack made up for this design. I could get extra baffles cut for any of the options though.

Sealed will get down to 80hz with some pretty good midbass. Measurements would be about 15"w x 40"h x 13"d.

Ported would obviously give more midbass, but would be bigger and cost a bit more due to a larger enclosure and cost of ports. Measurements would be about 15"w x 44"h x 14"d.

I've also drawn out slot ports or round ports. Which of those do you like best? I like the slot ports, but the only ones I could find are the ones used in the Fusion-15 and those aren't the prettiest ports, but functional.

I'm leaning towards sealed for the flat packs just to keep size under control. Any ideas?

Hi Erich,
We have been going back and forth in emails about the baffle. Which baffle in your image are you looking to send and what are the dimensions?
post #103 of 112 Old 05-12-2016, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Any chance a flat pack will made for the 1299. If i seen one upmy order would have already been placed.
post #104 of 112 Old 05-12-2016, 10:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I prefer ported look of the left-most design.

However, as I sent a message to Erich on his website - I am looking to build those in a taller floor-standing format - 60" or thereabouts. So I was wondering if a taller (ported) baffle can be cut for my upcoming order.

Thank you

Alex
post #105 of 112 Old 05-15-2016, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1845 Post(s)
Liked: 2631
I had a speaker cabinet cut using a lighter weight mdf and it felt good (it wasn't the 1299). It's still Carb 2 compliant material, cuts very sharp like the other flat packs, and the surface is sealed nice and smooth like the other flat packs too. Weight would be low enough to ship an entire cabinet in a single package. It feels nice and rigid, just lighter, so it would probably work just fine for speaker cabinets. It's more of a specialty type material that has to be ordered in because it's not exactly like the ultralight mdf that I experimented with a couple years ago, which I didn't like. It's the best light weight mdf I've seen so far.

The 1099 flat packs weigh about 50lbs with their heavy weight mdf. The 1299 flat packs would weigh around the same, maybe even a little less because they don't need the full panels inside to divide up the compartments.

Do you think this is something worth trying out?
krholmberg, dwaleke and vRAE like this.

post #106 of 112 Old 05-17-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I had a speaker cabinet cut using a lighter weight mdf and it felt good (it wasn't the 1299). It's still Carb 2 compliant material, cuts very sharp like the other flat packs, and the surface is sealed nice and smooth like the other flat packs too. Weight would be low enough to ship an entire cabinet in a single package. It feels nice and rigid, just lighter, so it would probably work just fine for speaker cabinets. It's more of a specialty type material that has to be ordered in because it's not exactly like the ultralight mdf that I experimented with a couple years ago, which I didn't like. It's the best light weight mdf I've seen so far.

The 1099 flat packs weigh about 50lbs with their heavy weight mdf. The 1299 flat packs would weigh around the same, maybe even a little less because they don't need the full panels inside to divide up the compartments.

Erich,

If you're planning on doing these (flat packs) for the non ported version, I'd be in for one for sure assuming it will be in the next couple of months.

Andrew
post #107 of 112 Old 05-18-2016, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:

Erich,

I believe that a flat pack (in stock dimensions) for the 1299 will greatly improve the adoption rate of the 1299. In my mind the 1299 strikes balance between the 1099 and the 1899 and the only thing holding it back is the fact that the cabinets will require a bit more effort to build due to size. If a flat pack exists it should remove that (only) drawback of the offering.

Just my two cents
Alex
post #108 of 112 Old 05-18-2016, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Will a crossover diagram be supplied with the order for the 1299's? I would assume so, since I haven't really seen one posted. Also like the 1099's will the mid chamber also be sealed from the woofs? From the bottom to center of wave guide, what is the dimension? Trying to figure out if I need to build these as a full tower or I can use my pico wreckers as stands once the pico;s are placed sideways. 13.5 inches for the picos so adding that to what dimension from the 1299's to wave guide will give me my estimated center for listening position.

post #109 of 112 Old 05-18-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post
Will a crossover diagram be supplied with the order for the 1299's? I would assume so, since I haven't really seen one posted. Also like the 1099's will the mid chamber also be sealed from the woofs? From the bottom to center of wave guide, what is the dimension? Trying to figure out if I need to build these as a full tower or I can use my pico wreckers as stands once the pico;s are placed sideways. 13.5 inches for the picos so adding that to what dimension from the 1299's to wave guide will give me my estimated center for listening position.
There is a crossover diagram included with the kit. I've sent it along with the crossover parts to Matt (MTG90) so that he can figure out the board for those who want to go that way.

I ordered the sealed, center channel version of the 1299 as my starting point so I can't give you exact dimensions. However, based on some educated measuring of the baffle I have, the waveguide should be centered at about 23 3/4" from the bottom of the baffle itself. My baffle measures 40 inches "tall".

Andrew
BCRSS likes this.

Last edited by vRAE; 05-18-2016 at 12:51 PM.
post #110 of 112 Old 05-18-2016, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
There is a crossover diagram included with the kit. I've sent it along with the crossover parts to Matt (MTG90) so that he can figure out the board for those who want to go that way.

I ordered the sealed, center channel version of the 1299 as my starting point so I can't give you exact dimensions. However, based on some educated measuring of the baffle I have, the waveguide should be centered at about 23 3/4" from the bottom of the baffle itself. My baffle measures 40 inches "tall".

Andrew
Thanks I was looking over and taking measurements of my 1099's compared to the 1299's and looks to be about 8 inches difference between the two ported designs. So in theory I could split the 8 by 2 and add that to what my center is on the 1099's to get a close proximity of center for listening position.

post #111 of 112 Old 05-18-2016, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 290 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1845 Post(s)
Liked: 2631
No need for a sealed midrange chamber in the 893 or 1299 because they use sealed back midranges. Just some open braces and you're good to go.
krholmberg, BCRSS and partcrash like this.

post #112 of 112 Old 05-18-2016, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No need for a sealed midrange chamber in the 893 or 1299 because they use sealed back midranges. Just some open braces and you're good to go.
Oh Sweet, Thanks Erich

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page