Yeah I'm really excited to hear how it turns out.
On to the 893's...
Got the crossover boards from Matt and put them together without issue:
Started the same way as the Volts by routing out the hole for the terminal cup:
Then glue up the sides of the first one:
However, there was an issue here. I was really frustrated when this happened but I'm posting this so nobody makes the same mistake. The back board with the cuts for the braces looks symmetrical, but it isn't. I wanted the terminal cup to be at the bottom of the enclosure, but I found after prepping to put the baffle on that the brace would be blocking the waveguide unless the baffle was reversed so that the terminal was at the top. So either add your terminals after it's all assembled, or make sure you know which is the top and bottom before you cut the hole...
I used the plug cut out by the hole saw, as well as a new routed piece to fill the old terminal hole and cut the new one. You can see all the caulk around it on the right here. Lame...
T-nuts for all drivers:
Crossover installed and wires ran:
Compression driver bolted to waveguide and gasket installed:
For the flush mount look, I had intended to make another 1/4" baffle to mount behind the main baffle to be able to sink the woofers in further while still having enough wood to be stable. But I couldn't find a router bit locally that could do it properly, so I decided to shave down the front foam gasket on the woofers, since that's what sticks out.
It's now more or less in line with the surround:
Flush with no wood cutting
Baffle installed and brought inside for testing:
Next to my S606 towers with the drivers installed, along with most of a Walmart polyfill pillow worth of stuffing:
I just played it for a couple minutes to function test. Additional efficiency was immediately noticeable, as well as the corresponding increase in dynamic abilities. These are gonna be good!
Now time to finish the other one...