• 1 Post By mrcoop

post #1 of 3 Old 04-04-2016, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Volt 8lx plus more later!

I will be remodeling my theater room within the next several months. Figure I would get a jump start on things? I Ordered 2 8lx with slanted cabs. Will order 2 more with regular cabs when available. My goal is to have 4 volt 8lx's, 3 fusions (not sure on which one), 4 18" sealed subs and may be 4 volt 8lx for atmos, but just not quite sure on atmos yet. Hope to have everything done before the remodel. Once iam done with the remodel, I want to be ready to install the equipment.

Never tried the diy route but it seems it will save me some cash with great results.. Did build a couple Ed sub kits, 2 a7s-650. They were relatively easy but crossovers and soldering make me a bit nervous with speakers. Never soldered anything in my life and have no idea what the crossovers are all about. The subs I built were straight forward with plate amp. . I Will be using my 2 plate amps Ed lt1300 for 2 of the subs. I guess I was one of the fortunate that never had a problem with thier amps. The other 2 subs will probably be powered by a Inuke but that makes me nervous...not familiar with the dsp and the fan mod makes me nervous too.

Guess my first question on soldering tool...don't want to spend a lot of cash but want something that will get the job done right. Amazon had one for 22, pencil type, 60w...would this be good enough. I saw some that were lower watt and others with a lot more, but they look to be pistol type. The pencil would seem better.

Looking forward to getting started. My current speakers are 3 sho-10's, 4 emotiva erd's, and 2 a7s-650. Looking to replace all of them and pretty psyched about the diy approach!
krholmberg likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-13-2016, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 33
60w is way too high 25 to 40 watt. I like wlc100 for a good cheap setup. But ifi were u I'd probably throw a few bucks at someone experienced to do it. First time you'll likely end up with cold joints or lift a pad
post #3 of 3 Old 04-16-2016, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderblaze View Post
60w is way too high 25 to 40 watt. I like wlc100 for a good cheap setup. But ifi were u I'd probably throw a few bucks at someone experienced to do it. First time you'll likely end up with cold joints or lift a pad
after watching youtube video after youtube video...I made a go of it. i think t turned out pretty good. Need glasses tho, seriuos eyestrain that result in a headache..also fried my knuckle off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page