Double Down on Dual Subs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-09-2019, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Double Down on Dual Subs

I am happy with my SB-12-nsds in dual sub configuration and was thinking about purchases an addition set perhaps next black friday sale if they are available. Has anyone every tried doubling them up , one on top of the other in a Y adapter configuration (splitter to split to each of the inputs) and of course I am going dual already so the same would apply to the other channel, 4 subs in all (2x2).

I am hoping there would be an over bass output//headroom benefit but perhaps splitting off the signal to each would result in signal loss to each or some resistance degradation?

Don't have an option to distribute the two additional subs throughout the room to perhaps distribute additional bass that way. I could opt to upgrade to two larger subs in dual to get a positive result but the additional cost may be much more then just doubling up with these bargain bang-for-the-buck subwoofers.

Does this seem rather overkill or self defeating? I am strictly listening to audio on a descent system with these sealed subs and greater bass output would fill the bill.

Currently I have the dual subs front left and right corners (6 inches out from side and back wall) face forward on thin cement slabs. Looks good and sounds good.

Thank you for your thoughts.
BHB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-04-2019, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassHeadBob View Post
I am happy with my SB-12-nsds in dual sub configuration and was thinking about purchases an addition set perhaps next black friday sale if they are available. Has anyone every tried doubling them up , one on top of the other in a Y adapter configuration (splitter to split to each of the inputs) and of course I am going dual already so the same would apply to the other channel, 4 subs in all (2x2).

I am hoping there would be an over bass output//headroom benefit but perhaps splitting off the signal to each would result in signal loss to each or some resistance degradation?

Don't have an option to distribute the two additional subs throughout the room to perhaps distribute additional bass that way. I could opt to upgrade to two larger subs in dual to get a positive result but the additional cost may be much more then just doubling up with these bargain bang-for-the-buck subwoofers.

Does this seem rather overkill or self defeating? I am strictly listening to audio on a descent system with these sealed subs and greater bass output would fill the bill.

Currently I have the dual subs front left and right corners (6 inches out from side and back wall) face forward on thin cement slabs. Looks good and sounds good.

Thank you for your thoughts.
BHB
I have found a solution to my request for doubling down dual subs. I now have increased dynamic range and output without sacrificing the integrity of the audio quality of my 2 channel stereo system. Sorry there were no thoughts on the matter but I figured it out.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply SVS Community on AVS Forum®

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page