177Likes

post #3961 of 7531 Old 09-13-2010, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

No analog tuner so you'll need the analog USB add-on. The channel data is set up online and sent to the unit during install but you'll most likely need to map the lineup to the guide data afterwards.

Can the unit be activated in Canada(ontario) or is it limited to the USA...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 7531 Old 09-13-2010, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraisa View Post

Can the unit be activated in Canada(ontario) or is it limited to the USA...?

USA only.

post #3963 of 7531 Old 09-13-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

USA only.

Does it have to be connected to the internet to be activated?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3964 of 7531 Old 09-13-2010, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Does it have to be connected to the internet to be activated?

Yes

Michael

Bright House Networks Central FL:
Moxi Enhanced DVR
Samsung Enhanced DVR
post #3965 of 7531 Old 09-13-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post

Yes

So this wont work for me then...
Does anyone know is there a dvr that can work with QAM unscrambled cable in Canada?
post #3966 of 7531 Old 09-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by htevolution View Post

After living with my new Moxi and Mate for a couple of weeks, I have no major complaints. I haven't had any trouble with remote responsiveness. The menus are relatively snappy (though they are a bit laggy sometimes).

A few improvements/feature requests that would really improve the experience in my opinion (many of which have already been laid out here, of course):

1. The ability to delete recorded programs via the Mate. Full management of recordings and their options would be even better, but even my ReplayTVs from 2003 could delete recordings from other boxes on my network.

2. Full recording management via online scheduling. It would be much nicer to be able to set all recording options via the web rather than simply scheduling the recordings. Also, if two weeks' schedules are available on the Moxi for searching and recording, those same two weeks should be available for online scheduling. A possible bug I've come across here: Consistently, I can't schedule recordings on the last day that's available in the online schedule. I get a "channel not available" message.

3. This is probably more of a hardware issue, but if you turn off the front panel light (the glowing Moxi logo), it defeats the tuner indicator lights, too. It would be great to be able to turn off the logo, but retain the tuner lights.

Mostly nit picks, but overall I'd say I'm a very happy Moxi user so far.

I have exactly the same issues (except for #3 since I leave the logo lit up) and experience as well. As I have noted before, the Mate always seems to have issues "finding" the main Moxi unit on the network (but sees my DLNA server with no issues); I have to reset the mate before it re-acquires the connection and then it is fine.

Still a fun unit, though, and am happy with the investment - if these nits go away or improve with new software then a great product.....
post #3967 of 7531 Old 09-14-2010, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I've had the Moxi + 2 mates for a few weeks now. My wife is getting increasingly frustrated with the Moxi (& now with me for buying the "damn thing"). In the last week alone (remember - I've only had it for 2 weeks) the picture has froze and then last night I received the 5102 network error on the 2 mates even though the main unit worked fine. There wasn't a network problem as I could reset the network connection, send logs to support, update moxi etc... A reset of the mate did not resolve the issue. I had to reset the main unit to get either mate to work. This is clearly an issue with communications between the main unit & the mates - not a network issue per se. My wife wants to return the Moxi. I'm starting to get frustrated as well. I understand a glitch but after only 2 weeks I'm seeing more than I deem acceptable. Any ideas? I searched the forum for this error and found a post from someone experiencing the exact same problem but I didn't come across a fix.
post #3968 of 7531 Old 09-14-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craddock01 View Post

last night I received the 5102 network error on the 2 mates even though the main unit worked fine. There wasn't a network problem as I could reset the network connection, send logs to support, update moxi etc... A reset of the mate did not resolve the issue. I had to reset the main unit to get either mate to work.

I've had the 5102 error. Sometimes changing to another channel and then back will fix it but I had this last week and nothing was working so instead of rebooting the Moxi I removed the Mate from my account and reregistered the box.

Prior to that I was receiving network error messages in diagnostics even though the box could connect to the network and internet. During registering the Mate wouldn't connect at all so I removed most devices from my router and switch and reset the router to factory. When it came back the Mate came back to life with no more error messages in diagnostics.

I put this down to something in my router/switch confguration causing traffic issues but it's only been a week without a problem so it's too early to tell.

post #3969 of 7531 Old 09-14-2010, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Weird thing happened to my three-tuner Moxi. All by itself, with absolutely no interaction by me, a daytime Judge Show series on Fox 11 in L.A. was set to record the entire series, 5 days a week.

No way this could have accidentally been done, as I record nothing from Daytime TV.

And so far, I have never programmed my Moxi's to record an entire series. (I manually record episode by episode, and it is really only Primetime Network TV shows.)

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else.
post #3970 of 7531 Old 09-15-2010, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

So this wont work for me then...
Does anyone know is there a dvr that can work with QAM unscrambled cable in Canada?

Sony DHG-HDD250 works with clearQAM. You will need a TV Guide (TVGOS) host channel to get listing information.
post #3971 of 7531 Old 09-16-2010, 07:21 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by midas89 View Post

Weird thing happened to my three-tuner Moxi. All by itself, with absolutely no interaction by me, a daytime Judge Show series on Fox 11 in L.A. was set to record the entire series, 5 days a week.

No way this could have accidentally been done, as I record nothing from Daytime TV.

And so far, I have never programmed my Moxi's to record an entire series. (I manually record episode by episode, and it is really only Primetime Network TV shows.)

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else.

Someone hack into your Moxi.com account?
post #3972 of 7531 Old 09-16-2010, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Does anyone have e-mail listings for Charter Headquarters? I'd love to vent to a director as a long term customer, now that my local Charter has vowed to eliminate the Moxi from the list of DVR's available. No good choices left once (if) Moxi is gone.
post #3973 of 7531 Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just out of curiosity, is your network hard wired? Are you using the internet over electricity thing or a wireless adapter on the mate?

Taylor'd Theater

I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes!
post #3974 of 7531 Old 09-16-2010, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Has anyone experienced the cable companies charging an inordinate amount of money for their cable cards? I received my Moxi & Mate today, but when I called to get my card they told me it would be $9 a month!! I was trying to get away from monthly fees!

Taylor'd Theater

I bet a funny thing about driving a car off a cliff is, while you're in midair, you still hit those brakes!
post #3975 of 7531 Old 09-16-2010, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitkeeper View Post

Has anyone experienced the cable companies charging an inordinate amount of money for their cable cards? I received my Moxi & Mate today, but when I called to get my card they told me it would be $9 a month!! I was trying to get away from monthly fees!

Wow -- I've got Time Warner, and we're charged $1.75/month for each CableCARD. Of course, truck rolls are pretty cheap here, too, compared to some areas.
post #3976 of 7531 Old 09-16-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronning View Post

Someone hack into your Moxi.com account?

That had occurred to me, Dronning, but why would they only set one series to record on one of my boxes (I have two Moxis)? Unless it was the producers of that new TV court show wanting to get more viewers?

It was the "Judge Jeanine Pirro" show.
post #3977 of 7531 Old 09-17-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:

I have Comcast, so I don't think this will help, but I called today to get one and he fist told me $9 a month, and after I protested, he said he made a mistake and that it was $6.50 . . . then after I told him I would be returning the rented DVR, it went to free . . . seems Comcast give the first cable card for free, and the one in my rented DVR counts as the first one.

BTW, just got my Moxi today, can't wait to take it home and plug it in . . .Comcast is coming Sunday (for $9.95) to plug in the M-card . . . I guess $10 is not too bad considering a truck roll cost them like $75 . . . still, would have preferred to be able to pick the thing up myself . . .
post #3978 of 7531 Old 09-17-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas89 View Post

That had occurred to me, Dronning, but why would they only set one series to record on one of my boxes (I have two Moxis)? Unless it was the producers of that new TV court show wanting to get more viewers?

It was the "Judge Jeanine Pirro" show.

You might be interested in this!

Our youngest Golden Retriver just recorded the news last night! He always seems to be laying on the remote and changing the channel, this time he recorded a show.

Any pets?
post #3979 of 7531 Old 09-17-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dronning View Post

You might be interested in this!

Our youngest Golden Retriever just recorded the news last night! He always seems to be laying on the remote and changing the channel, this time he recorded a show.

Any pets?

That made me laugh, your Golden Retriever recording the news.

I don't have any pets.
post #3980 of 7531 Old 09-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedHead69 View Post

I have Comcast, so I don't think this will help, but I called today to get one and he fist told me $9 a month, and after I protested, he said he made a mistake and that it was $6.50 . . . then after I told him I would be returning the rented DVR, it went to free . . . seems Comcast give the first cable card for free, and the one in my rented DVR counts as the first one.

BTW, just got my Moxi today, can't wait to take it home and plug it in . . .Comcast is coming Sunday (for $9.95) to plug in the M-card . . . I guess $10 is not too bad considering a truck roll cost them like $75 . . . still, would have preferred to be able to pick the thing up myself . . .

Wow.... every area must be different. We have Comcast and we were able to go to the local office and pick up an M-Card ($1.50 per month) and install it ourselves - I'd never let a cable guy touch my $600 Moxi.

$9 or $6.50 is a huge rip off and should be challenged even if you have to write to the FCC or your local government (who typically "sanction" cable companies); may not do any good as these thieves are often in "cohoots"....
post #3981 of 7531 Old 09-17-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:

They are wrong (surprise), you are in the central TWC market in NC and you pay the same as I do - $2.50 per card.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/East/...tml?menu=31049

Call back, get a different CSR and the price will probably be different. If not point them to that page.

post #3982 of 7531 Old 09-18-2010, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I think they are talking about their old lease it to you version of Moxi. The new buy your own box should work fine.
post #3983 of 7531 Old 09-18-2010, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAttitude View Post

Does anyone have e-mail listings for Charter Headquarters? I'd love to vent to a director as a long term customer, now that my local Charter has vowed to eliminate the Moxi from the list of DVR's available. No good choices left once (if) Moxi is gone.

I think they are referring to their old lease it to you version of Moxi. The current buy your own box should work.
post #3984 of 7531 Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Had a very strange bug last night. On my nbc affiliate the moxi was showing the nbc plus channel instead of nbc. The guide data was all correct but somehow it appears the mapping got messed up. After resetting the box the mapping was correct.
post #3985 of 7531 Old 09-24-2010, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
This is funny to me. I come in here about every 3 or 4 weeks to read all the banter and this is ALWAYS what I read and/or observe:

1. Moxi Guy has not been back

2. The same issues are being posted that have plagued Moxi since this thread has been alive.

3. using HDMI? Then everything else is disabled. Apparently GTF over it because although it is a 5 minute fix, Moxi will not fix it, will not respond to why that is, nor commit to when it will be fixed.

4. Deleting recordings on Moxi mates: Yes GTF over it, you can't do it. And it sucks but apprently GTF over it.

5. Scheduling with Moxi Mates: GTF over it. No you cannot be watching TV in your bedroom upstairs, see a commercial for a show coming on sometime later and then schedule it for recording. You must get your butt up and go downstairs, turn on main unit TV, find it, schedule it etc. Then go back to bed. Of course you have another choice (in my case) go to the basement, boot up a PC, log on to Moxi.com and online schedule it.
Or remember the next day to do this.
Or write it down on a sticky note and place by your wallet/mirror etc. to remember

Yes this for a $1,000 replacement for my Comcast DVR boxes

6. Disconnected from my brand new wired perfectly new home I just finished. GTF over it - it happens, no explanation.

7. Moxi mates losing connectivity. Get over it, pull your covers back and go reboot it/get back in bed.

8. Remotes suck. You can complain all you want, it sucks and is just going to suck. Look out for your wives, they will hate it more than you do...

9. Think about what you hope to get out of your Moxi and then read these threads. Determine the value for what Moxi provides. For instance you can use 6TB of external storage - that is fine, but I don't need it - do you??

For everyone new that is buying one of Moxi, plenty works well, these things just don't and no matter (apparently) how much you post, complain, submit logs, open problems it is not fixed or not fixed nearly fast enough. The number of fixes coming from Moxi is far behind the number of problems. Consider yourself a Beta tester, only difference is nobody appears to be fixing anything fast enough so you just keep uncovering the same issues.

I am with some others here that Moxi gets buried/closes doors etc. sometime soon. There are about 1 bad mistake from that or 1 other vendor getting more competitive. For me personally I weighed the cost of recovery versus Comcast DVR rental and it made sense. Also threw in convenience of online recording, whole house DVR capability/flexibility etc. (I have 3 mates and 1 main but not even using 1 mate/in the box due to the limitations above) and it made sense to go Moxi. I was wrong because I never had a subtraction for poor service, unavailability or negativity for not working/rebooting etc.

If a new Moxi - complaints/problems thread was started it would be empty. There are no new problems. Instead 131 pages of the same stuff over and over and over again.

Mine are going to be for sale, so I can get out of this. Comcast has made enough improvements for my tastes, Infinity, online scheduling, whole house coming soon, not disabling connections etc. or has enough improvements around the corner that I will exit this stuff as soon as I can. Bad experiment.

Sorry I am tired of this and needed to vent - yes again...
post #3986 of 7531 Old 09-24-2010, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
And no, Moxi will NOT tell you when they are fixing anything. Will not share a defect list or ETA on fixes, or what is even in the next fix release, nor even tell you what is in a fix when it does get downloaded. GTF over that too. I could live with some of this stuff if I could see for instance:

Deleting programs from Moxi mates will be delivered estimated December 2012 (I believe this is about right) and then decide whether that is ok with me or not.

The HDMI disabling other ports there is no excuse for that and shame on Moxi for advertising what connections they have available on the device, in the instructions etc. without a big ass ** next to all of them saying they are disabled
post #3987 of 7531 Old 09-24-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom22 View Post

And no, Moxi will NOT tell you when they are fixing anything. Will not share a defect list or ETA on fixes, or what is even in the next fix release, nor even tell you what is in a fix when it does get downloaded. GTF over that too.(

ZoomZoom22, I enjoyed reading your rant. And I have to agree with you and share your frustration. I certainly am one of those who have a love/hate relationship with my Moxi. I love the fact it has three tuners and that you can schedule online.

I absolutely hate the continued technical issues I have had, and the ones that never get fixed.

My latest issue: For a long time now, my three-tuner Moxi often spontaneously reboots while it is recording. This is so frustrating. I have reported the problem to Moxi for a couple of months now. They always email me back that the engineers do not think it is a hard drive problem...but they don't know what the problem is. They cannot fix it. Luckily, it doesn't happen all the time.

This is my 4th three tuner Moxi, as the previous three were defective. (I also have a two-tuner Moxi that runs perfectly, except for the menu issue where the menus are gone from the screen unless you back out when returning to Live TV, which is yet another bug Moxi won't or can't fix.)
post #3988 of 7531 Old 09-24-2010, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am having a weird issue with Moxi online scheduling tonight. I went to schedule Survivor for my wife on the HD channel 503. When I tried to set the series it came back that the channel is not there! I put my tv on to check and it comes right up. So I have my wife set the series via the Moxi unit and it schedules no problem.

Nick

360 GT: Nicky D
post #3989 of 7531 Old 09-25-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyD View Post

I am having a weird issue with Moxi online scheduling tonight. I went to schedule Survivor for my wife on the HD channel 503. When I tried to set the series it came back that the channel is not there! I put my tv on to check and it comes right up. So I have my wife set the series via the Moxi unit and it schedules no problem.

Hmm... I've run into this issue when trying to schedule a recording on the last day available through online scheduling. That happens consistently. Hadn't noticed it on the current day though.
post #3990 of 7531 Old 09-25-2010, 06:54 AM

Just noticed something odd on my Mate. It's in a closet so I don't see it every day. It seems that none of the front panel light options in the Settings menu actually do anything. Setting the light to off doesn't even dim the light; neither does setting it to low. It seems to stay on the default high no matter what.

This option definitely works on the Moxi box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page