This is funny to me. I come in here about every 3 or 4 weeks to read all the banter and this is ALWAYS what I read and/or observe:
1. Moxi Guy has not been back
2. The same issues are being posted that have plagued Moxi since this thread has been alive.
3. using HDMI? Then everything else is disabled. Apparently GTF over it because although it is a 5 minute fix, Moxi will not fix it, will not respond to why that is, nor commit to when it will be fixed.
4. Deleting recordings on Moxi mates: Yes GTF over it, you can't do it. And it sucks but apprently GTF over it.
5. Scheduling with Moxi Mates: GTF over it. No you cannot be watching TV in your bedroom upstairs, see a commercial for a show coming on sometime later and then schedule it for recording. You must get your butt up and go downstairs, turn on main unit TV, find it, schedule it etc. Then go back to bed. Of course you have another choice (in my case) go to the basement, boot up a PC, log on to Moxi.com and online schedule it.
Or remember the next day to do this.
Or write it down on a sticky note and place by your wallet/mirror etc. to remember
Yes this for a $1,000 replacement for my Comcast DVR boxes
6. Disconnected from my brand new wired perfectly new home I just finished. GTF over it - it happens, no explanation.
7. Moxi mates losing connectivity. Get over it, pull your covers back and go reboot it/get back in bed.
8. Remotes suck. You can complain all you want, it sucks and is just going to suck. Look out for your wives, they will hate it more than you do...
9. Think about what you hope to get out of your Moxi and then read these threads. Determine the value for what Moxi provides. For instance you can use 6TB of external storage - that is fine, but I don't need it - do you??
For everyone new that is buying one of Moxi, plenty works well, these things just don't and no matter (apparently) how much you post, complain, submit logs, open problems it is not fixed or not fixed nearly fast enough. The number of fixes coming from Moxi is far behind the number of problems. Consider yourself a Beta tester, only difference is nobody appears to be fixing anything fast enough so you just keep uncovering the same issues.
I am with some others here that Moxi gets buried/closes doors etc. sometime soon. There are about 1 bad mistake from that or 1 other vendor getting more competitive. For me personally I weighed the cost of recovery versus Comcast DVR rental and it made sense. Also threw in convenience of online recording, whole house DVR capability/flexibility etc. (I have 3 mates and 1 main but not even using 1 mate/in the box due to the limitations above) and it made sense to go Moxi. I was wrong because I never had a subtraction for poor service, unavailability or negativity for not working/rebooting etc.
If a new Moxi - complaints/problems thread was started it would be empty. There are no new problems. Instead 131 pages of the same stuff over and over and over again.
Mine are going to be for sale, so I can get out of this. Comcast has made enough improvements for my tastes, Infinity, online scheduling, whole house coming soon, not disabling connections etc. or has enough improvements around the corner that I will exit this stuff as soon as I can. Bad experiment.
Sorry I am tired of this and needed to vent - yes again...