Forum Jump: 
 177Likes

post #7201 of 7531 Old 08-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 55
We have a few options. Arris could tell u that they dont own moxi products anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7202 of 7531 Old 08-22-2017, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
We have a few options. Arris could tell u that they dont own moxi products anymore.
So if they don't own it I'm assuming I waisted my time lol

I will try your option thanks
post #7203 of 7531 Old 08-22-2017, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Sorry -- from the description that "online programming is broken again," I didn't understand that it's actually accounts.moxi.com that's having issues. At least, that's what's happening on my end: I'm unable to even log into my account.

For me, that's a much bigger deal. Doesn't that put us (back) to not being able to replace a failed HDD unless one happens to have a working clone (and not being able to add "new" Moxis/Mates to our accounts)?

Or, are others able to log in but just not able do online scheduling?
TeeJay1952 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7204 of 7531 Old 08-22-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sslund View Post
Sorry -- from the description that "online programming is broken again," I didn't understand that it's actually accounts.moxi.com that's having issues. At least, that's what's happening on my end: I'm unable to even log into my account.

For me, that's a much bigger deal. Doesn't that put us (back) to not being able to replace a failed HDD unless one happens to have a working clone (and not being able to add "new" Moxis/Mates to our accounts)?

Or, are others able to log in but just not able do online scheduling?
I am not able to log-in.
post #7205 of 7531 Old 08-22-2017, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Upon login, i get immediate internal error. If i remember correctly, this was always the problem but no one worded it like sslund. She is correct.
post #7206 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eherberg View Post
Note that Tribune doesn't even own the data anymore. Nielsen bought Gracenote from Tribune for $560 million. Tribune no longer has any data to sell. If guide data is still being provided, it is because Nielsen is now supplying the old contracts.
I'm not saying you are wrong but I went to the zap2it tv listings web page, which I beleive supplies the Moxi programing guide info, & when you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see this, "Copyright 2017 Tribune Media Entertainment". I added the link I'm referring to below.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...upId=FL09541:X
post #7207 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domm View Post
I'm not saying you are wrong but I went to the zap2it tv listings web page, which I beleive supplies the Moxi programing guide info, & when you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see this, "Copyright 2017 Tribune Media Entertainment". I added the link I'm referring to below.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...upId=FL09541:X
Nielson owns it now. I think it happened earlier this yr and that info on the website hasnt been updated yet.

Has anyone heard back about not being able to login to moxi.com? i assume not given no feedback.
post #7208 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Yeah - the Zap2It site has been on auto-pilot for months now - ever since the staff at Screener had been laid off. Nobody has touched the layout of the page (and no new editorial content created at Screener) since everybody was let go.

https://www.mediapost.com/publicatio...?edition=99031

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ition-complete
post #7209 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Nielson owns it now. I think it happened earlier this yr and that info on the website hasnt been updated yet.

Has anyone heard back about not being able to login to moxi.com? i assume not given no feedback.
Thanks for reply.

I emailed Arris & received a reply saying they received & will reply within 2 business days. Since Arris no longer supports moxi I'm assuming I am wasting my time lol. You made another contact suggestion but I have not as yet followed through.

I am still very confused on who controls the moxi.com web site?

Last edited by domm; 08-24-2017 at 09:57 AM.
post #7210 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for reply.

I emailed Arris & received a reply saying they received & will reply within 2 business days. Since Arris no longer supports moxi I'm assuming I am wasting my time lol. You made another contact suggestion but I have not as yet followed through.

I am still very confused on who controls the moxi.com web site?
Was it an auto reply?
post #7211 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Was it an auto reply?
It appears to be one yes.
post #7212 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah - the Zap2It site has been on auto-pilot for months now - ever since the staff at Screener had been laid off. Nobody has touched the layout of the page (and no new editorial content created at Screener) since everybody was let go.

https://www.mediapost.com/publicatio...?edition=99031

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ition-complete
I didnt know that. Not good. A lot of people rely on guide data. Does that mean everone shifts to tivo guide data at some point?
post #7213 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Was it an auto reply?

Here is their reply:

Dear Valued ARRIS Customer,

Thank you for choosing ARRIS Technical Support Center, I apologize for the inconvenience you are having with your Moxi device. I would be happy to assist you, however, we have no support for Moxi devices.

If you need immediate assistance or information on ARRIS products, please contact ARRIS Technical Support Center at 1-877-466-8646. We are open 7 days a week 7am - 12am CST.

For information on ARRIS products, we invite you to visit our website at: http://www.arris.com/consumer
post #7214 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I didnt know that. Not good. A lot of people rely on guide data. Does that mean everone shifts to tivo guide data at some point?
I don't think guide data is going anywhere. Comcast just switched the guide it uses in it's boxes to Gracenote/Nielsen data. The only question is how it affects consumer-facing applications vs industry clients. But even Rovi/TiVo (who have a lot more clients buying it's data than Gracenote) still have public-facing TV Guide for listings. Since Tribune itself is looking like it will be sold to Sinclair perhaps this year - there probably won't be much movement on what is offered by Tribune (and whether they will still keep a listings service now powered by Nielsen) until after that sale is either approved or denied.
post #7215 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Here is their reply:

Dear Valued ARRIS Customer,

Thank you for choosing ARRIS Technical Support Center, I apologize for the inconvenience you are having with your Moxi device. I would be happy to assist you, however, we have no support for Moxi devices.

If you need immediate assistance or information on ARRIS products, please contact ARRIS Technical Support Center at 1-877-466-8646. We are open 7 days a week 7am - 12am CST.

For information on ARRIS products, we invite you to visit our website at: http://www.arris.com/consumer

A little over a year ago Arris released this statement about the end of life for moxi devices.
http://www.arris.com/company/moxi/

When Arris bought moxi they started the Arris Whole Home Platform that used the moxi UI. Last year they sold that platform, which is the moxi UI to Espial. So anything to do with the moxi UI, including guide data, you must contact Espial. The thing is Espial is not in the consumer business as they provide services to MSO's globally.
https://espial.com/news/espial-compl...rm-from-arris/

You must contact Espial and the Arris WHS (Moxi UI) is now called Espial Elevate. Remember Espial does not deal with consumers so they may tell you to contact your cable provider for assistance.
https://espial.com/contact/

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
post #7216 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I don't think guide data is going anywhere. Comcast just switched the guide it uses in it's boxes to Gracenote/Nielsen data. The only question is how it affects consumer-facing applications vs industry clients. But even Rovi/TiVo (who have a lot more clients buying it's data than Gracenote) still have public-facing TV Guide for listings. Since Tribune itself is looking like it will be sold to Sinclair perhaps this year - there probably won't be much movement on what is offered by Tribune (and whether they will still keep a listings service now powered by Nielsen) until after that sale is either approved or denied.

TV Guide website is owned by CBS Corp. Rovi sold it when they purchased Gemstar many years ago. Rovi bought TiVo last year and now uses the TiVo name. They still own the massive TV Guide database and a lot of global MSOs use that data for guide listings. CBS Corp buys data from them for the TV Guide website.

With Tribune the Screener website is owned by Tribune Media but the Zap2It website was sold to Neilson when they purchased GraceNote from Tribune. That sale also include the guide data.

The guide data that the Moxi uses is now coming from Neilson but it is up to Espial to maintain the contract with Neilson for the right to use the data. Espial can drop Neilson if they want to. And also Espial does not have to support these old consumer devices either so they can discontinue service to them any time they want.
Everything is in Espial hands now. Espial bought Moxi from Arris last year.

post #7217 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Advanced Member

You're right. Nielson will do the guide data but im concerned since zap2it team is gone. Someone last got their channel lineup updated from zap2it i january. Someone contacted Espial but no answer in regards to acct access on moxi.com

Last edited by dz2k; 08-24-2017 at 10:51 PM.
post #7218 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You're right. Nielson will do the guide data but im concerned since zap2it team is gone. Someone last got their channel lineup updated from zap2it i january. Someone contacted Espial but no answer in regards to accot access on moxi.com

Zap2It was just a website and had nothing to do with the data for listings as that is handled by the data team which used to be known as Tribune Media Services/GraceNote, which is now Neilson. TiVo used to use GraceNote data before Rovi bought them and I used to go through Zap2It to report line up changes. Even before the sale they stopped doing that and I had to go through TiVo to report line up changes.
So the only way now for you to report lineup changes is to contact Espial but I don't think they do this so you are basically out of luck. Also access to Moxi.com is through Espial so any issues there must be reported to Espial.

If there is lineup issues you may try to contact Neilson if there is a way to do that.
http://www.gracenote.com/on-entertai...uct-pagevideo/

post #7219 of 7531 Old 08-24-2017, 10:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
TV Guide website is owned by CBS Corp. Rovi sold it when they purchased Gemstar many years ago. Rovi bought TiVo last year and now uses the TiVo name. They still own the massive TV Guide database and a lot of global MSOs use that data for guide listings. CBS Corp buys data from them for the TV Guide website.

With Tribune the Screener website is owned by Tribune Media but the Zap2It website was sold to Neilson when they purchased GraceNote from Tribune. That sale also include the guide data.

The guide data that the Moxi uses is now coming from Neilson but it is up to Espial to maintain the contract with Neilson for the right to use the data. Espial can drop Neilson if they want to. And also Espial does not have to support these old consumer devices either so they can discontinue service to them any time they want.
Everything is in Espial hands now. Espial bought Moxi from Arris last year.
this is confusing. it sounds like TV Guide website (whichever site this is) is owned by Tivo because you state "CBS Corp buys data from them for the TV Guide website."
post #7220 of 7531 Old 08-25-2017, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
this is confusing. it sounds like TV Guide website (whichever site this is) is owned by Tivo because you state "CBS Corp buys data from them for the TV Guide website."
They are not owned by them. They are a client of Rovi/TiVo and use their guide data for site.
post #7221 of 7531 Old 08-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
They are not owned by them. They are a client of Rovi/TiVo and use their guide data for site.
I understand now. thanks. so, gracenote by Nielsen should continue providing us the guide data to Espial because Espial still needs all this data for all the boxes they use. it was said that zap2it stayed a part of tribune during their recent sale and they laid them off and I guess that in turn have some type of effect to our moxi.com online scheduling. The reason I say this is because we went through moxi support and then they contacted zap2it. Or, to skip a step, we went directly to zap2it back in jan 2017. It sounds like the actual data still came from gracenote though. Now, Espial won't let us login to moxi.com at the moment without the internal error and haven't responded yet.

I remember hearing about how Tivo stopped using gracenote guide data because they got acquired by rovi, who is now using the Tivo name, and that 1st? generation TiVo boxes got discontinued because supposedly they couldn't handle the switch over or weren't worth the trouble for tivo since they were "lifetime" subsciption boxes that dont actually last for the lifetime of the box. Lies i tell u. They basically would not be able to use the dial up modem to make contact to get the guide data. some got coupons so they could purchase a new TiVo.

Last edited by dz2k; 08-28-2017 at 02:41 AM.
post #7222 of 7531 Old 08-28-2017, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I've got the same issue with the moxi.com website and login.

It would make legal sense, to me at least, to update the statements on the Moxi website that forwards, now, to an Arris owned URL. That would seem proactive and to be protecting your business. As far as recourse? I would think that they'd want to distance themselves from Moxi products if they're not responsible for them (or the website) anymore.

Getting that point across to someone at Arris seems to be more complex than necessary. I guess we'll see...
post #7223 of 7531 Old 08-30-2017, 03:07 PM

I was able to log-in to my Moxi account today.
sslund likes this.
post #7224 of 7531 Old 08-30-2017, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I was able to log-in to my Moxi account today.
Me too. Thx.
post #7225 of 7531 Old 08-30-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Me too. Thx.
👍.
post #7226 of 7531 Old 08-31-2017, 04:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #7227 of 7531 Old 08-31-2017, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Do you mean that u lose access to recordings on the 2dvrs? If so, use extreme splitters everywhere.
All connections are with CAT 5 cables, so no splitters required. I am using Netgear switches (recently purchased)
post #7228 of 7531 Old 08-31-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Do you mean that u lose access to recordings on the 2dvrs? If so, use extreme splitters everywhere.
No splitters because I am using CAT 5 cables only
post #7229 of 7531 Old 08-31-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xignals View Post
Go to the Media Servers page and select one of your units and hit the Info button and select Test Connection. This will get my units back talking to one another when they disconnect.
I will try that from the Moxi slaves. Currently I am having to go to the Moxi mains and refresh the internet connections to get it back
post #7230 of 7531 Old 08-31-2017, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Can anyone confirm if our MOXI's are still receiving up to date TV Guide info? thanks
I am in Southern California in Spectrum area. I receive all current programming information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page